Why is the topic Strong and Mighty one so controversial if Isaiah?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Love
captain of 100

Re: Why is the topic Strong and Mighty one so controversial if Isaiah?

Post by Love »

Silver wrote: January 31st, 2018, 5:32 am
Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 5:09 am I believe Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ.
I believe Joseph Smith Was a Prophet.
I believe that the Book of Mormon is true.
Do you sustain Russell M. Nelson as prophet, seer and revelator and as the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, as the only man authorized by God to speak for His entire Church?
I am temple Worthy. :D Why judge people?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 6:33 am
Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 5:09 am I believe Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ.
Do you sustain Russell M. Nelson as prophet, seer and revelator and as the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, as the only man authorized by God to speak for His entire Church?
I didn't ask you if you are temple worthy and I didn't judge you because I haven't figured out where you stand yet. I note that you avoided my question about President Russell M. Nelson which was only the result of how you responded about Joseph Smith but not the current prophet.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

You can't be temple worthy if you don't support the prophet Past and present. Truth is always true.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 6:53 am You can't be temple worthy if you don't support the prophet Past and present. Truth is always true.
You're great at avoiding questions.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

marc wrote: December 18th, 2017, 1:51 pm
Spaced_Out wrote: December 18th, 2017, 1:41 amIf some freaking idiot like Snuffer comes out of the woodwork and claims he is now the new seer and has the authority to rule the church .. What will you d!! I personally will laugh to the point I drop dead. If it was during the tribulations or post tribulation I would just shoot the idiot in the head and put him out of his misery...We will talk again at the great judgement bar.....
Raca. From the Aramaic word reka or reqa, "foolish" or "empty headed." Derived from a root word meaning "to spit." An offensive word used to show contempt for someone. Jesus warned that the use of such a word to describe someone was tantamount to murder and deserving of the severest punishment of the law (Matthew 5). I fear for your own soul at the judgement bar.
LOL

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Silver wrote: January 31st, 2018, 6:40 am
I didn't ask you if you are temple worthy and I didn't judge you because I haven't figured out where you stand yet. I note that you avoided my question about President Russell M. Nelson which was only the result of how you responded about Joseph Smith but not the current prophet.
His response was very snufferlike for someone who claims not to be one of his followers ... but I digress.

I’m late to this party but I just wanted to answer the question posed at the beginning: “why is the topic OMS controversial if Isaiah? Simple. It’s only controversial bc certain individuals have corrupted scripture in such a way as to promote false doctrine that supports an apostate group. The ironic thing is this group claims to be the most Christ focused of all yet the corrupted meaning of the verses is actually anti-christ as they take HIM out of the scriptures and replace Him with a man.

In the famous words of Daffy Duck: har har har it is to laugh.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 31st, 2018, 7:41 am
Silver wrote: January 31st, 2018, 6:40 am

His response was very snufferlike for someone who claims not to be one of his followers ... but I digress.

I’m late to this party but I just wanted to answer the question posed at the beginning: “why is the topic OMS controversial if Isaiah? Simple. It’s only controversial bc certain individuals have corrupted scripture in such a way as to promote false doctrine that supports an apostate group. The ironic thing is this group claims to be the most Christ focused of all yet the corrupted meaning of the verses is actually anti-christ as they take HIM out of the scriptures and replace Him with a man.

In the famous words of Daffy Duck: har har har it is to laugh.
Perfect answer to the original question. Better late than never.

So another question needs answering: Why is this sort of incessant heretical posting by apostates allowed to continue on a site with LDS in the name?

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

If people in personal study come to an understanding through the the spirit that is good? Yes!!!! We are all on different levels of understanding don't mock people's progression, just because yours is different. I don't affiliate with people who persecute the LDS Church, but truth can be found in many places, the spirit is the teacher of these things. I have seen God in math, science, and other sources. Spend more time building people up than breaking them down. This site provides, learning and Friendship if you let it.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 8:01 am If people in personal study come to an understanding through the the spirit that is good? Yes!!!! We are all on different levels of understanding don't mock people's progression, just because yours is different. I don't affiliate with people who persecute the LDS Church, but truth can be found in many places, the spirit is the teacher of these things. I have seen God in math, science, and other sources. Spend more time building people up than breaking them down. This site provides, learning and Friendship if you let it.
OK, you don't sustain Russell M. Nelson as a prophet, seer and revelator. I get it. (That makes you non-temple worthy, by the way.) My problem is with the non-LDS and apostate LDS who try to convince believers of falsehoods like the heresy of MMP by wresting the scriptures and quotes of general authorities. Those pushing such heresy claim that they came "to an understanding through the the spirit" which is impossible because there is only one truth. Interpretations, there are many. However, there is only one truth.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

Silver wrote: January 31st, 2018, 8:16 am
Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 8:01 am If people in personal study come to an understanding through the the spirit that is good? Yes!!!! We are all on different levels of understanding don't mock people's progression, just because yours is different. I don't affiliate with people who persecute the LDS Church, but truth can be found in many places, the spirit is the teacher of these things. I have seen God in math, science, and other sources. Spend more time building people up than breaking them down. This site provides, learning and Friendship if you let it.
OK, you don't sustain Russell M. Nelson as a prophet, seer and revelator. I get it. (That makes you non-temple worthy, by the way.) My problem is with the non-LDS and apostate LDS who try to convince believers of falsehoods like the heresy of MMP by wresting the scriptures and quotes of general authorities. Those pushing such heresy claim that they came "to an understanding through the the spirit" which is impossible because there is only one truth. Interpretations, there are many. However, there is only one truth.
When someone wants to spit on others it shows their true character?

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

If I was a investigator of the church would that change how you treat my difference?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 8:37 am
Silver wrote: January 31st, 2018, 8:16 am
When someone wants to spit on others it shows their true character?
A curious question from someone loathe to reveal their true character.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 8:40 am If I was a investigator of the church would that change how you treat my difference?
"If" is a big word, but ineffective as a bargaining chip.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 6:53 am You can't be temple worthy if you don't support the prophet Past and present. Truth is always true.
Contention is not of me.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Love wrote: January 31st, 2018, 8:52 am
Contention is not of me.
I know another LDSFFer who uses that line when his heresy is pointed out. Curiouser and curiouser.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

PaulaPeaceOffering.png
PaulaPeaceOffering.png (277.74 KiB) Viewed 2859 times

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Here's the thing... if there are prophets that come from outside the church Hierarchy, they will be saying things that line up with what our prophets are saying. It may not be EXACTLY the same, but it will be consistent. (That is assuming of course, that we as a church are still on the "right path," which I do believe is the case, to one extent or the other.)

As for the Marred Servant, I do believe that he will be ordained legitimately to the Twelve Apostles.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

I have a major concern about that statement of yours. Many like you and alaris teach false doctrine that is contrary to scripture, teachings of latter day prophets, handbooks of the church etc... and than claim it to be by revelation and the spirit. The HG is a spirit of truth and will never reveal contradictory information. Only the prophets and apostles are authorised to establish the truth. If one teaches a principle or doctrine that is blatantly contrary to what the church is teaching then claim the knowledge by the HG - someone is lying as the differing teachings cant be reconciled.

Those teaching strong and mighty one to correct the church, or some future davitic servant are deceived. The apostle and prophets do not teach this as it is false doctrine - what give a person the authority to teach a different doctrine and deceive others. If the apostles and prophets don't teach it what give you the authority to teach such things. The strong and mighty one in D&C has no links to the writings of Isaiah, it is contorted insanity.

Every apostle and prophet is a strong and mighty one, the current church leadership hold the key to govern and will continue to do so till the second coming when the master of the universe takes over the leadership. That is the sure prophecy and the stone cut without hands that fills the earth never to be destroyed. Only anti-Mormons and apostates teach such foolish doctrine that contradicts the keys held by the first presidency and quorum of the 12.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 31st, 2018, 11:17 pm
I have a major concern about that statement of yours. Many like you and alaris teach false doctrine that is contrary to scripture, teachings of latter day prophets, handbooks of the church etc... and than claim it to be by revelation and the spirit. The HG is a spirit of truth and will never reveal contradictory information. Only the prophets and apostles are authorised to establish the truth. If one teaches a principle or doctrine that is blatantly contrary to what the church is teaching then claim the knowledge by the HG - someone is lying as the differing teachings cant be reconciled.

Those teaching strong and mighty one to correct the church, or some future davitic servant are deceived. The apostle and prophets do not teach this as it is false doctrine - what give a person the authority to teach a different doctrine and deceive others. If the apostles and prophets don't teach it what give you the authority to teach such things. The strong and mighty one in D&C has no links to the writings of Isaiah, it is contorted insanity.

Every apostle and prophet is a strong and mighty one, the current church leadership hold the key to govern and will continue to do so till the second coming when the master of the universe takes over the leadership. That is the sure prophecy and the stone cut without hands that fills the earth never to be destroyed. Only anti-Mormons and apostates teach such foolish doctrine that contradicts the keys held by the first presidency and quorum of the 12.
What doctrine did I teach? Any thing I quoted A prophet didn't say?

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

I would ask anyone else that is trying to attack me in the name of your God, please at least read my posts and quote them so that you are going after the right person.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

I my goal is to learn not to contend.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Love wrote: February 1st, 2018, 8:50 am I my goal is to learn not to contend.
You joined in August 2017 and alaris "thanked" your first post in this thread.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

So, he answered a question for me on messaging, So I thanked him. I got interested in religion because the eclipse was a big sign In heaven. All though my honest questions have been turned into a spectacle I was not prepaid for. I am truly rethinking my quest for religious kinship.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Does anyone else see the irony in a thread about a controversial topic getting.... controversial? As for me,
irony.jpg
irony.jpg (9.97 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
That being said, I don't really see why it has to get contentious. There are opposing views and a lot of it is extra-doctrinal. Why not just study it out and take it to the Lord?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Love wrote: February 1st, 2018, 8:50 am I my goal is to learn not to contend.
I served my mission in Texas - heart of the Bible Belt. Contention never yields any positive fruit towards convincing or conversion. Contention can only yield negative fruit. That is why the Lord said contention was not of him but of the devil.
3 Nephi 11:29 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another
The best thing you can do is ignore and walk away, just like we missionaries were instructed to do in Texas when presented with Bible bashers. Bear testimony - walk away. Click on the user's name and hit that "Foe" button and their posts will be hidden. They will be as destructive as an evil spirit to whom you give no power at that point.

Now I certainly haven't followed that path here, but I intend to do better myself moving forward. Calling out contention for what it is only makes the contentious more contentious. When you identify someone addicted to this spirit, the best thing you can do is hit that "foe" button. Do not be dissuaded by those who "like" the contentious posts as they are all bound by the same spirit. And they hate being ignored. (In fact, those who like contentious posts help by self-identifying. Few people like my posts when I call out the contentious for being such as they don't want anything to do with that spirit. And that's OK!)

There are plenty of people on here who can engage in civil discussion and debate that won't necessarily agree with you on much. Kingdom of ZION feels our church has gone astray but he is respectful. Some would bind him up and treat him as Korihor. Would it not be better to bear testimony free of the spirit of conflict and contention? Is it better to have only LDS who give lip service to the prophet but cannot engage without contention or to have a mixed crowd where the spirit can be free to teach?