Council of Fifty Minutes

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
inho
captain of 1,000

Council of Fifty Minutes

Post by inho »

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: Council of Fifty Minutes

Post by inho »

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

There are no plans to publish the William Clayton Diary at this time.
Damn shame. It has been estimated we have only 25% (!) of Clayton's diary. Given what we DO have, I can only imagine what other beautiful nuggets are in there.
in order to verify Joseph Smith’s “final charge” to the Twelve (which didn’t pan out, for the record),
Quinn thought this "event" occurred in March of 1844 based on references to it from others in their diaries. However, it sounds like the minutes might not be as complete as we want them to be because Clayton had to retroactively transcribe from his "loose notes."

dewajack
captain of 100

Post by dewajack »

Well I'll be, look who decided to make an appearance.

iams7en, I miss the papers and info you'd cite on here back in the day, Anything new and exciting you recommend one reads or hears?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

On September 21, 2016, the editors of "The Joseph Smith Papers: Administrative Records, Council of Fifty, Minutes, March 1844-January 1846" (published by the Church Historian's Press) were at Benchmark Books to speak about the book. After each editor spoke, they took questions from the audience. Due to some technical difficulties, the last portion of Q&A is cut off.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

I wonder how much of the records actually made it through correlation.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

The Airbender wrote: August 12th, 2018, 4:36 pm I wonder how much of the records actually made it through correlation.
Go and see.

Although, correletion committee has nothing to do with Joseph Smith Papers. Some things might be redacted based on the criteria sacred, private, or confidential. That means that e.g. certain temple related stuff or details of sexual transgressions won't be available in Church archives. I assume that JSPP publications follow the same policy. All archives have some kind of policy similar to that.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

"The Council of Fifty Minutes" should be the new name for our ward council meetings. Fifty minutes- be efficient and get 'er done!