A pole: asking permission to try to live the United Order

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Finrock
captain of 1,000

Re: A pole: asking permission to try to live the United Order

Post by Finrock »

EdGoble wrote:
Why do you want to do something contrary to the current social order in the Church, without commandment or revelation, running before you are sent?
I know you weren't asking me but here is my answer to the question:

Because we are sovereign and God has made us free. Its a short answer, but think about it for a while and it will get longer.

-Finrock

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

For the House of Ephraim, it comes to the great "If" they return, and "If" they acknowledge their offence, of willingly walking away from the greater things of his law, of being equal in their temporal things, and this not grudgingly.

For individuals, who seek to be equal in their temporal things, with clean hands and a pure heart, with all of the family members of God, who see the whoredom of the House of Ephraim, and desire to help, and not harm this house, do as the LORD has had written in the scriptures, and "sound the alarm", of the inequalities present in the vineyard of the LORD, and weep for these things, for blessed shall they be that do these things, as the LORD has had written to so do.

And seek to bring forth and establish this cause of Zion, with all your heart and mind and soul, for you will be glad you did, before the judgement bar of Jesus Christ.

:)
Last edited by Robert Sinclair on June 17th, 2016, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Does a Mormon have to ask permission from his priesthood leaders to go down with a few of his close friends to the Secretary of State Office and file articles of incorporation papers?

This incorporation process is how the lost tribes of Israel began their work together by the United Order, from those first days in 43 A.D. until today. Save that there was no Secretary of State Office until about the end of the 12th century, with the Magna Carta spelling out the rights of the people and Church above that of the Monarch, who's response was to set up the office of the Canceler/Chancellor (Secretary of State) to help him put Babylonian Orthodoxy controls upon the Church.

Stupid Mormons keep looking for some other way.

I wonder why?

God Bless,
Darren

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

You must be poor and a liberal Mormon. If you are trying to get earthly possessions by wanting other to give you what they have you are a nut case. The Church and the Lord at this point says work for you you need not what you want. Happiness is not possessing everything you want in life. Turn off the TV, put down your smart phone and reflect to the Lord.

Dan wrote:My Stake President is always talking about becoming a Zion people, and lately he has been talking about DOING not just TALKING about it -yet he has given us no practical starting point or admonitions outside of just being good or seeking for godliness. But when I talk to Priesthood leadership about trying to live this law to the highest degree possible they invariably say " well you probably need to get that cleared with the stake president" isn't it a wicked and slothful servant that has to be commanded in all things?

YES OR NO

If you where wanting to venture out with some kindred spirits to gain the advantages of partial adherence to the principle of the United Order do you think you would need priesthood permission? Why or why not, please explain

thanks in advance -Dan

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Finrock wrote:
EdGoble wrote:
Why do you want to do something contrary to the current social order in the Church, without commandment or revelation, running before you are sent?

Because we are sovereign and God has made us free. Its a short answer, but think about it for a while and it will get longer.

-Finrock
Respectfully Finrock, I disagree. You can do whatever you want. You are not free to choose the consequence. And there is always a consequence for sin. Doing things that have a certain gravity, or weightiness attached to them before their time, before the keys of the priesthood have opened the way for them, is a sin. That is my view. We aren't talking about a choice about whether you provide green jello and funeral potatoes at a funeral in your ward. We are talking about a fundamental shift in the operations of the economy of the kingdom of God, where someone wants to do it without direction, without institutional revelation and without commandment.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

EdGoble wrote:
Finrock wrote:
EdGoble wrote:

-Finrock
Respectfully Finrock, I disagree. You can do whatever you want. You are not free to choose the consequence. And there is always a consequence for sin. Doing things that have a certain gravity, or weightiness attached to them before their time, before the keys of the priesthood have opened the way for them, is a sin. That is my view. We aren't talking about a choice about whether you provide green jello and funeral potatoes at a funeral in your ward. We are talking about a fundamental shift in the operations of the economy of the kingdom of God, where someone wants to do it without direction, without institutional revelation and without commandment.
Maybe these will help:

Doctrine and Covenants 58:27,28
27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.

Mosiah 18:28
28 And thus they should impart of their substance of their own free will and good desires towards God, and to those priests that stood in need, yea, and to every needy, naked soul.

TG Dedication; Diligence; Good Works; Industry; Zeal.

Jesef
captain of 1,000

Post by Jesef »

You can live ZION and the United order in your family and even extended family, legally and without any church repercussions.

LDSNZ
captain of 100

Dan

Post by LDSNZ »

Dan,

Only the slothful & self righteous need to be commanded in all things.
If you were wanting to venture out with some kindred spirits to gain the advantages of partial adherence to the principle of the United Order do you think you would need priesthood permission? Why or why not, please explain
No.

Because we're FREE to ACT & CHOOSE for ourseles.

Rev 18:4-5 commands us to come out of Babylon.

Doing as you've suggested is exactly that.

With a view, a desire & a collective faith to emulate the people of Enoch (i.e) in advance of the New Jerusalem call & establishment.

Moses 7: 18:

Moses 7 v 18 Blue.JPG
Moses 7 v 18 Blue.JPG (186.78 KiB) Viewed 307 times
If you want to immigrate to Aotearoa aka NZ?

Then lets go & do it :)

What say ye???

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Living the law of consecration is simple. Not easy, necessarily, but simple.

You don't need a group of people living the United Order with you.

You merely need to live up to the covenant you have already made to dedicate your time talents and blessings, present and future, to the building up of the kingdom.

This doesn't mean start paying 100% tithing.
You won't get direction on this from your priesthood leaders.
Develop a personal relationship with the Lord and be willing to put your abilities and/or your fortune to fulfilling what you are commanded to do.

I've tried with limited success, and at other times complete failure. It's a process.
Ultimately that's consecration. Don't hold anything back. Expect to be tested as to whether you will hold anything back.

When you place everything including your life in the Lord's hands, when you live each day fulfilling the Lord's will, with no thought for yourself, you have done. It you can maintain that constantly and without fail, Zion is established in you.

My personal belief is at that point, you will be called out by the spirit and led to others who have accomplished this.

My personal belief is that you will not need to ask "Know ye the Lord?" Because you will know thru your own experience that if they did not know the Lord, they would not be there.

This is a large dose of supposition on my part. My own experiences with trying to live a consecrated life (and only minimally succeeding) leads me to believe this is the path. You need to seek your own confirmation of whether this is true.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

In the Scriptures of the lost tribes of Israel are the instructions and accounts of their living and working together before the 8th Century in united order organizations that today we call "Corporations." We still do that today except in modern corporations it is rare that the employees are the stock holders, and typically the purpose of the company is corrupted with the love of Babylon's money.

Living in a United Order could be as simple as living and working together in employee owned corporations and cooperatives, the next step up is a Commonwealth. But who in America remembers how to have leadership over corporations and cooperatives by working together as a Commonwealth?

(I do.)

And you don't have to ask permission from any Church Authority to have an employee owned corporation, cooperative or to have a board of trade in a Commonwealth.

Members of the Church who are presented with this information apparently have no self-organizing ability or creativity to do anything with it. Satan holds them fast and strong with his corruptions to our ancestral lost tribes of Israel Culture.

God Bless,
Darren

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Darren and I don't often agree but on this we do. Why is it that Latter-day Saints think they can only do something if they get approval from some church authority? Come on folk the good Lord gave you a brain and your agency use them.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

First, if you have been to the temple, you have already made covenants in this direction, including the Law of Consecration. Now. Not in the future. You do not need to leave to a separate piece of land to live those covenants. Just start living them right now.

Second, you don't have to leave your home to start acquiring the skills needed to live independent of every other sphere.
Do you study the scriptures and pray daily both individually and as a family?
Do you have a personal testimony of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation?
Do you know the voice of the Holy Spirit and obey the promptings you receive?
Do you live within your means and avoid debt?
Do you have a 3 month supply of food your a accustomed to eating and a year supply that would keep you alive?
Do you know how to prepare and eat the food in your food storage?
Within the laws of your current local are you growing a garden, whether at your house or a neighbors?
Do you have fruit trees?
Are you learning skills like building and sewing?
Do you have any animals you can learn to keep like chickens or bees?
Do you know how to purify water?
Do you go camping regularly to practice basic skills and accustom your body to adverse conditions?
Do you know how to keep warm in the cold and cool in the heat?

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but if you have done these things and more. Then it would be a good time to get some land and live more self sufficiently and continue to grow and practice those skills. If you have family or friends on the same page, nothing to keep you from living near each other and working together.

Now, if you are talking about starting an offshoot Mormon church, that is a whole 'nother ball game. I would highly recommend NOT going there.