Possible Foreshock Earthquake Event 50mi from SLC

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Possible Foreshock Earthquake Event 50mi from SLC

Post by KurtTheMormon »

Magnitude 4.1 Earthquake just occurred (67.7 mi) ESE of Salt Lake City, Utah at 07:01:07 Mountain Standard Time. Earthquakes in this area are exceedingly rare, and it may be a fore-shock. This earthquake could possibly be a precursor earthquake to a SLC earthquake. Be on alert.

http://quake.utah.edu/earthquake-center/quake-map" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

christian.a
captain of 100

Re: Possible Foreshock Earthquake Event 50mi from SLC

Post by christian.a »

Thanks. Very interesting. It would be nice to have a valid warning like this.

Oxbow
captain of 10

Post by Oxbow »

KTM, interested to hear your thoughts on all the earthquake buzz. I remember feeling the truth of your dream when you shared it here last year. Do you believe there will be an earthquake on the Wasatch Front soon? And what does "soon" mean to you?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Oxbow wrote:KTM, interested to hear your thoughts on all the earthquake buzz. I remember feeling the truth of your dream when you shared it here last year. Do you believe there will be an earthquake on the Wasatch Front soon? And what does "soon" mean to you?
Yes KTM I just reread your dream. Please provide some insight you have if any. This is very interesting about the little tremor outside of SLC.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Why is this one a precursor and not one of the other 35 this month?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Oxbow wrote:KTM, interested to hear your thoughts on all the earthquake buzz. I remember feeling the truth of your dream when you shared it here last year. Do you believe there will be an earthquake on the Wasatch Front soon? And what does "soon" mean to you?
I don't know what he'll say, but I remember last year when he posted his dream that 'soon' meant Fall 2015. 'Soon' was the dreamers on this forum expecting a financial collapse and earthquakes, tornadoes, whatever, in the late Summer and into Fall, in conjunction with the end of the blood moon cycle.

I believe part of the problem is that the dream promoters here always seem to interpret their dreams as literal and affecting the rest of us as well, never considering that their dreams might be symbolic and only for their own particular lives.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

KurtTheMormon wrote:Magnitude 4.1 Earthquake just occurred (67.7 mi) ESE of Salt Lake City, Utah at 07:01:07 Mountain Standard Time. Earthquakes in this area are exceedingly rare, and it may be a fore-shock. This earthquake could possibly be a precursor earthquake to a SLC earthquake. Be on alert.

http://quake.utah.edu/earthquake-center/quake-map" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well that's good enough for me, I am on the Julie Rowe bandwagon. This should get interesting!

96walker
captain of 100

Post by 96walker »

mirkwood wrote:Why is this one a precursor and not one of the other 35 this month?
Because none of the others near SLC were anything near 4.1. Probably not even 2.0.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

According to Julie Rowe (for those who believe her), the precursor is the 6.5 - 7.0 quake that happens not soon, but imminently, like within days of 5/3/16 at about 4-5 am with an epicenter at the UofU hospital. The YUUUGE one hits after the elections.

I don't think there's supposed to be a pre-cursor to the pre-cursor. Julie didn't mention that. She made it sound like there wouldn't be time for that anyway.
Last edited by shadow on May 26th, 2016, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

96walker wrote:Because none of the others near SLC were anything near 4.1. Probably not even 2.0.
Two quakes today, a 4.0 at 7:01am and a 2.7 at 9:24am. They weren't in the same mountain range that SLC/Provo are in. It was 25 miles north of me in Duchesne and I didn't feel them. There was a 2.5 three days ago near Kanab in Southern Utah.

THIS LINK will take you to a site which will let you look up recent earthquakes here. THIS LINK will let you choose which state to examine, and THIS LINK shows the world. It's usually updated regularly so you could look up most anywhere.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

Another 2.7 magnitude event in the same area.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

I have had many other dreams now, and yes there will be an earthquake along the Wasatch Front very soon.

Max 2 years, but I expect it to happen within the next few months. Perhaps even over the next few days or weeks. We are exceedingly close to a serious earthquake. I do not have a precise timeline and I don't think The Lord ever gives those except in exceedingly rare cases.

The Salt Lake City valley sits over a large cavernous freshwater aquifer, which is bordered on one side by the Wasatch Fault. Should that fault rupture, portions of the Salt Lake Valley will fall into it and severe flooding will ensue. It will be a disaster unlike ever before seen. I saw portions of Bountiful submerged in visions.

Here is a geological survey of the aquifer in question:

http://slco.org/watershed/pdfWLibr/Asse ... Valley.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by KurtTheMormon on May 25th, 2016, 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

mirkwood wrote:Why is this one a precursor and not one of the other 35 this month?
Because this was a significantly strong earthquake in an area that is very earthquake sparse, it is 50 miles ESE of the Wasatch Front, and indicates building pressures across the area.

The chances of this being a fore-shock are very likely. 40% of 6.0 or greater earthquakes are preceded by them. Up to 80% of 7.0-8.0 are preceded by foreshocks.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

96walker wrote:
Because none of the others near SLC were anything near 4.1. Probably not even 2.0.
Correct.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

AI2.0 wrote:
I don't know what he'll say, but I remember last year when he posted his dream that 'soon' meant Fall 2015. 'Soon' was the dreamers on this forum expecting a financial collapse and earthquakes, tornadoes, whatever, in the late Summer and into Fall, in conjunction with the end of the blood moon cycle.

I believe part of the problem is that the dream promoters here always seem to interpret their dreams as literal and affecting the rest of us as well, never considering that their dreams might be symbolic and only for their own particular lives.
Absolutely wrong. I never made any absolute prediction like that at all. I said I suspected one would come in the coming months or years and wondered about the fall, but made it quite clear that I don't have an exact timeline. Soon, to me, means within the next 2 years or so. It feels more imminent to me than that, but that is all the information I have to offer.

I also made a SIGNIFICANT attempt in writing to make it very, very clear that my dream was individual to my own life and held symbolic elements. Feel free to go re-read the entire thing. It's still here on this forum.

And tornadoes? Really? I suspect your comment there was intentionally malicious.

Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else, but I don't appreciate being taken way out of context if that was your intent.
Last edited by KurtTheMormon on May 25th, 2016, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

While I disagree with Kurt on several points, he has been clear in what he is saying, including timeframes.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

shadow wrote:According to Julie Rowe (for those who believe her), the precursor is the 6.5 - 7.0 quake that happens not soon, but imminently, like within days of 5/3/16 at about 4-5 am with an epicenter at the UofU hospital. The YUUUGE one hits after the elections.

I don't think there's supposed to be a pre-cursor to the pre-cursor. Julie didn't mention that. She made it sound like there wouldn't be time for that anyway.
Shadow, according to the USGS, 40% of 6.0 earthquakes are preceded by foreshocks like this before the mainshock 6.0. An even greater 80% of 7.0-8.0 earthquakes are also preceded by smaller tremors within 100mi of the epicenter.

Foreshocks like this would be exactly how such an event would be likely to happen, with many aftershocks following. As one of my friends who has been through large earthquakes mentioned, often times there will be small events like this while the ground is in a "warm up" phase for a much larger quake.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Foreshocks are indeed a very real thing. Unfortunately, they don't seem to classify these small quakes as foreshocks until AFTER a bigger one has hit. Hindsight being 20/20 and all.

will
captain of 1,000

Post by will »

Looks like the wasatch fault in heating up. By the way where did all the trolls go?

waverider
captain of 50

Post by waverider »

Hi will - This is a serious question: are you a Seismologist? If so, can you please provide a technical explanation of how the Wasatch Fault is "heating up" (what do you mean by heating up, is there a volcano under the Wasatch Range?) or how the quake yesterday is physically linked to the Wasatch Fault?
Otherwise, everyone is patiently waiting for an eminent 6.5 to 7.0 tremor with an epicenter under the UofU at 4-5AM after it snows.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

will wrote:Looks like the wasatch fault in heating up. By the way where did all the trolls go?
Huh? EVERYTHING that these false prophets have said has NOT come to pass. Fail.

will
captain of 1,000

Post by will »

Seismologist no, believer yes. I believe it will happen. That's enough for me. Technical explanation?

The ground is starting to shake. Near Salt lake. Why it is shaking? I am sure the Lord is a seismologist. Go ask him. I don't know how, however I believe it is a precursor to what will happen.

will
captain of 1,000

Post by will »

DesertWonderer wrote:
will wrote:Looks like the wasatch fault in heating up. By the way where did all the trolls go?
Huh? EVERYTHING that these false prophets have said has NOT come to pass. Fail.
I've seen some of the same things prior to reading one thing on the subject. That's enough for me. When? Are you looking for a sign? And who are you calling a false prophet? What revelation did you receive that says the things will not happen?

Look around you do you not see the Chinese and Russians gearing up for war? Do you not see our economy about to crumble? Do you not see the wickedness in this land? Are we not ripe as a nation for destruction? Fail? Yes this nation has failed. Failed prophecies, Predictions? Do you not see what is clearly in front of us. If you cannot, I cannot help you.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Knock yourselves out all you earthquake bloodhounds. Over 80 pages of pure joy..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2488" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

waverider wrote:Hi will - This is a serious question: are you a Seismologist? If so, can you please provide a technical explanation of how the Wasatch Fault is "heating up" (what do you mean by heating up, is there a volcano under the Wasatch Range?) or how the quake yesterday is physically linked to the Wasatch Fault?
Otherwise, everyone is patiently waiting for an eminent 6.5 to 7.0 tremor with an epicenter under the UofU at 4-5AM after it snows.
=))