Empathy, Compassion, and Boundaries - Life Lesson

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Empathy, Compassion, and Boundaries - Life Lesson

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

Thank you Lord for this message this morning...
The most compassionate people are the most boundaried... (IE. Christ)
Boundary is simply what is OK and what is not OK.
So many awesome points to ponder in this video - I thank the Lord for putting it in my pathway this morning. Exactly what my heart has tried to say or put into words now for years, laid out simply and beautifully by this woman.
Nothing is sustainable without Boundaries...
Boundaries are "frickin" important.
Boundaries are not fake walls, they are not separation, boundaries are not division, they are respect. They are here is what is OK for me and here is what is not.

What are your thoughts to these points she brings up? Profoundly beautiful to my soul this morning. The spirit has me setting boundaries, and these boundaries are being labeled as rejection, separation, and division, which are nothing close to the truth and the Love of my heart.
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on April 11th, 2016, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Re: Empathy, Compassion, and Boundaries - Life Lesson

Post by Separatist »

Good fences make good neighbors.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Separatist wrote:Good fences make good neighbors.
Or good walls make Mexico a better neighbor.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

They sure can so long as one persons fence doesn't infringe past someone elses fence. I think that's where Jared misses the mark. He sets his boundaries but doesn't give a rats butt about others boundaries. You can't cross someone elses boundary and then run back within your own comfy cozy boundary and not expect reprecussions from your trespass.
I see Jared talking about his boundary, his boundary his boundary but nothing about the boundaries others maight have.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Too much empathy leaves one vulnerable to guilt. Too much guilt is dangerous. Check this case of a person who was raped by a refugee and how they felt guilty the man was to be deported:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/06/lefti ... -deported/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Lexew1899
I like your new avatar.
Also, I liked your run down of Plato's allegory of the cave. Real nice simple approach.
As to the boundary lady. I guess it may sell books.
But then, I never was into buying books. Nor reading anything other than thousands of law books, which I still have to do if I want to keep my license on active status, or history. But real history, not the revisionist pop culture pablum that is so prevalent on the 'best seller list'.
Tho' today I'm sure enjoying the conference talks, even going back as far as history can take me. So I may even get around to some of the books from the Prophets.
Shadow
Good comments, as usual.
dc

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

I'm so very grateful for the vision and blessing that comes into my life through what God's word teaches me about boundaries etc. I will take my cues from this source above all else, first and foremost, every time. It is my observation that pop culture self help- books / gurus are like nice bandaids to life's issues. Such "popular culture" help, falls short of providing the actual *healing solution / power* to the festering pain below the bandaid like true doctrine understood and truly applied can do.

If we were to ask King Benjamin's people about boundaries / restrictions from God's kids / their brothers and sisters-- I am more than positive that outside of the worry of retribution the lamanites desired to inflict upon them, boundaries were pretty nonexistent. What made John the beloved, Nephi, and King B's people favored of the Lord? First off, they were REEDEMED in the weak and fallen quick to not forgive etc FLESH -- this redemption through the blood of the Lamb gave them a new heart and heightened capacity to feel God's love and give God's love. FEAR-- which many and most boundaries have their roots sunk deep in, was cast out and away as a result of the perfect love of God shedding itself abroad in their hearts. How thick and tall are boundaries for those who truly are infused with the pure love of Christ?

45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easilyprovoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—

47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are truefollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purifiedeven as he is pure. Amen.
Last edited by diligently seeking on April 8th, 2016, 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

shadow wrote:
They sure can so long as one persons fence doesn't infringe past someone elses fence. I think that's where Jared misses the mark. He sets his boundaries but doesn't give a rats butt about others boundaries. You can't cross someone elses boundary and then run back within your own comfy cozy boundary and not expect reprecussions from your trespass.
I see Jared talking about his boundary, his boundary his boundary but nothing about the boundaries others maight have.
Good analogy shadow, to me it seems that he is always trying to prove he's happy with the choices he's made, I'm not buying it. I can read between the lines of what the message is actually about.

Faith
captain of 10

Post by Faith »

I do like Brene Brown.

What if Jesus Christ set these "boundaries" with people while living his mortal life here? Would he have completed his mission? Did Jesus Christ ask us to set these boundaries?

Faith
captain of 10

Post by Faith »

"What if people are doing the best they can?"

"I'll never know wether or not people are doing the best they can, but when I assume people are, it makes my life better."

I like how she says when we choose to see to see the best in people - the life that changes is our own.

Are we choosing to see the best in our neighbor, our prophet, our family? Or do we seek out the "hidden messages" and choose to seek the possibilities of darkness in them?

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

Faith wrote:What if Jesus Christ set these "boundaries" with people while living his mortal life here?
Are you suggesting that Jesus Christ did not have or set boundaries in his mortal life?

Did you listen to how she defined boundaries at the end? I wasn't super pleased with the word "boundaries" in the whole presentation until she defined it right at the end.

Faith
captain of 10

Post by Faith »

Jeremy wrote:
Faith wrote:What if Jesus Christ set these "boundaries" with people while living his mortal life here?
Are you suggesting that Jesus Christ did not have or set boundaries in his mortal life?

Did you listen to how she defined boundaries at the end? I wasn't super pleased with the word "boundaries" in the whole presentation until she defined it right at the end.
YES, but only to a certain degree. He had to let certain boundaries go in order to be submissive and to follow through with his mission - right? Otherwise he would have never completed it. And he asks us to do the same at times.

Faith
captain of 10

Post by Faith »

shadow wrote:
I think this is where we all tread at times in life. Everyone is guilty, and everyone has certain triggors which can cause us to leap over the other person's boundaries. We want to be heard. We want to make our points. We want justice for our pain. This is where the atonement of Jesus Christ comes in, if we don't reject it. It seems in almost every day of our lives someone challenges our boundaries, crosses into them, and tramples them. This is why we are taught again and again to subdue the natural man in us and become saints through Christ's atonement. Only the enabling power of Christ's atonement can mend these constant boundries broken.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

Faith wrote:YES, but only to a certain degree. He had to let certain boundaries go...
Okay. So if I am understanding you correctly, you believe Jesus had boundaries?

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Faith wrote:"What if people are doing the best they can?"

"I'll never know wether or not people are doing the best they can, but when I assume people are, it makes my life better."

I like how she says when we choose to see to see the best in people - the life that changes is our own.

Are we choosing to see the best in our neighbor, our prophet, our family? Or do we seek out the "hidden messages" and choose to seek the possibilities of darkness in them?
You are new, have you been lurking? If so, you would be able to read between the lines also. When someone denounces the Prophet, its difficult not to stand as a witness.

Faith
captain of 10

Post by Faith »

kennyhs wrote:

You are new, have you been lurking? If so, you would be able to read between the lines also. When someone denounces the Prophet, its difficult not to stand as a witness.
I've been on here off and on for a couple years. Mainlly for the purpose of checking up on my little brother, BrotherOfMahonri. It is my only source I am not blocked from in life. But I get reported quickly every time.

Faith
captain of 10

Post by Faith »

Jeremy wrote:
Faith wrote:YES, but only to a certain degree. He had to let certain boundaries go...
Okay. So if I am understanding you correctly, you believe Jesus had boundaries?
A lot to think about. I suppose YES he set boundries because he had to teach the truth -- yet he was one who broke typical boundaries labeled by the people in his day and time. He even had to let all physical boundaries go so that he could carry out his mission. Or was it because of his boundaries that he was able to submit to the Father's will and have so much compassion? What are your thoughts?

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Faith wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

I've been on here off and on for a couple years. Mainlly for the purpose of checking up on my little brother, BrotherOfMahonri. It is my only source I am not blocked from in life. But I get reported quickly every time.
I hope you can keep the communication open, brothers are pretty special. My brother has been ex'ed but he has a good attitude.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

kennyhs wrote:
Faith wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

I hope you can keep the communication open, brothers are pretty special. My brother has been ex'ed but he has a good attitude.
You should ask Faith if she can recall any moment when she actually lived with her little brother, any moment whatsoever where he was anything she now assumes he is and is doing... pretty revealing.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

BrotherOfMahonri wrote:
kennyhs wrote:
Faith wrote:
kennyhs wrote:
You should ask Faith if she can recall any moment when she actually lived with her little brother, any moment whatsoever where he was anything she now assumes he is and is doing... pretty revealing.
Why, so you can report her for discussing personal matters again?

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

iWriteStuff wrote:
BrotherOfMahonri wrote:
kennyhs wrote:
Faith wrote:
Let's see - why I am opening my heart to you again of all people - what will you do with it this time? =; Show me love and I'll respond, otherwise its all shallow words. Go away for the last time - you suck at helping anyone in my pathway. Suck.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

BrotherOfMahonri wrote:
iWriteStuff wrote:
BrotherOfMahonri wrote:
kennyhs wrote:
Let's see - why I am opening my heart to you again of all people - what will you do with it this time? =; Show me love and I'll respond, otherwise its all shallow words. Go away for the last time - you suck at helping anyone in my pathway. Suck.
Yes, I'm defending your sister from your attacks.... and I suck. You open a thread with the sole purpose of attacking another poster.... and I suck. Got it.

Look, if you want to keep your family squabbles private, don't post them on here. Simple as that.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

He is correct, you need to be more loving, follow his example for heavens sake.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

He is correct, you need to be , oops already posted this, hard to type while eating 5 corndogs. Free sticks expires soon!
Last edited by kennyhs on April 12th, 2016, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.