Don’t Leave the Church or Elder Holland Will “Hunt You Down”

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

This will be short, but I wanted to share what one missionary reported that Elder Holland said he would do if any of the missionaries he was speaking to left the church. This new story is reported by one missionary below:
…then headed off to go to a big meeting in London where Elder Holland spoke to the London and London South missions!! We didn’t get to shake his hand because our bus driver was sooo slow and arrived late, missed exits, etc etc, so that was sad. The talk was so powerful though and humbling. My favorite quote from it was him saying that if we left the church after our missions he would “hunt you down. I will be scratching on the windows when you sleep. When you take out the garbage I will be there, not in the garbage, but I will be there”. He also told us that an Avon lady he knows is more bold than we are. :-s

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Re: Don’t Leave the Church or Elder Holland Will “Hunt You Down”

Post by samizdat »

Elder Holland was meeting in a zone conference with kids fresh out of high school.

The phrase in this situation is completely appropriate given the age of his audience.

Having been a teacher and then the president of BYU before his apostolic calling, he would have experience in this matter.

And isn't a priesthood holder SUPPOSED to hunt you down "via home teaching" if his families go inactive???

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

Sounds like he's going to be busy.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

oh man that was a super good laugh for me. The coming of age reality checks in life--some times are tough. comments about the Avon lady and then the wimper face used afterwards :-s oh priceless. ! Lol ! the opportunity to become mightily converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ on the Lord's mission makes those two years some of the best crowning jewel years in this second estate-- journey... some seize the moment--others don't. Love and sustain you Elder Holland :)

lgr3065
captain of 100

Post by lgr3065 »

Good luck with that. There are laws against stalking! If one resigns from the Church and the Church hunts them down the Church can be sued. Heavens, the Church can't even get a handle on the "known inactive". Most folks get a little pissed off when they find themselves on "lists".

marktheshark
captain of 100

Post by marktheshark »

Lighten up people.

Humor is healthy for the soul.