Ordain women poll

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Should women be ordained?

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 83
FSM
captain of 100

Re: Ordain women poll

Post by FSM »

joseph tam wrote:No matter what happens women will never be ordain. God speaks through The prophet. So by going against the prophet they are going against God.
well its really about what prophets in the future say. We have come a long way in the last 200 years. I'm against Monson at all. I just wanted to see what people think.
TGIF....

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Muerte Rosa wrote:What has Monson done that you're against? Just out of curiosity. And really it has nothing to do with future prophets. It's God that makes the rules.
God makes the rules, it is true. TM just wants to tell you what the rules are, since you can't hear them for yourself.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Muerte Rosa wrote:What has Monson done that you're against? Just out of curiosity. And really it has nothing to do with future prophets. It's God that makes the rules.
I'll bet you a dollar that he meant to say "I'm not against Monson at all."

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

no bet - you're right. I shouldn't reply while im on the phone....
Last edited by Obrien on January 9th, 2015, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

President Monson has did nothing. He's actually pretty cool.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

FSM wrote:
joseph tam wrote:No matter what happens women will never be ordain. God speaks through The prophet. So by going against the prophet they are going against God.
well its really about what prophets in the future say. We have come a long way in the last 200 years. I'm against Monson at all. I just wanted to see what people think.
TGIF....
OMG I made a typo. Sorry. No I love President Monson. I got to go and will fix typo later. Jbalm knows me well.

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

FSM wrote:Jbalm knows me well.
Hopefully you aren't his nephew that's always asking for money. :ymdevil:

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Definitely not. If the Nephew of Perdition shows up on the forum, I'm outa here.

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

jbalm wrote:Definitely not. If the Nephew of Perdition shows up on the forum, I'm outa here.
If he does, a warning in the form of a PM would be much appreciated. That way I can FTJB (follow the jbalm) to safety. :D

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

caddis wrote:
jbalm wrote:Definitely not. If the Nephew of Perdition shows up on the forum, I'm outa here.
If he does, a warning in the form of a PM would be much appreciated. That way I can FTJB (follow the jbalm) to safety. :D
It will definitely be a PM. I don't want pinky to get the warning. She needs to suffer.

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

Hey Pinky. That "L" stands for love right? I didn't realize you were so Christlike.

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

Muerte Rosa wrote:I dont do the suffering i CAUSE suffering. You better recognize fool.
I think everyone here recognizes.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Don't worry. With so many brain tabs open, she'd forget what she was about to do. ;)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Muerte Rosa wrote:
coachmarc wrote:Don't worry. With so many brain tabs open, she'd forget what she was about to do. ;)
Not you too!! :(
Nah. But sometimes I just can't resist. Besides, I can run faster scared than you can angry. :D

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

For those interested in the topic of women and priesthood, here are a bunch of quotes I've collected over the years.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

Muerte Rosa wrote:
caddis wrote:
l-)
Sorry I can't see very well. What finger is that? :-B :-o

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

Knowing her she really wanted to use her middle finger but had to settle for the "L" shape.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

caddis wrote:Knowing her she really wanted to use her middle finger but had to settle for the "L" shape.
that's funny.

StriplingWarrior
captain of 50

Post by StriplingWarrior »

No because the Lord has made the system that way for now.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

StriplingWarrior wrote:No because the Lord has made the system that way for now.
The key phrase here being "for now".

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

ajax wrote:Ordained to what?

Priesthood? (Aaronic, Melch)
or
Church office? (Deacon, Teacher, Priest etc)

Ezra wrote:We are diffrent. And no amount of equality will make men and women the same.

Our brains function diffrently. Our body's function differently.

We are not equal. Women are better then men in sooooo many things. And men are better then women in many things.
Yes, boys are sooo much better at passing trays. I've witnessed it.

Over the years, I've had much better women bosses than male bosses. I'm sure they can handle the job description, whatever it may be.
hay sorry for the long response. I met total access to both priesthoods, the ability to hold any office a male does. Them we must be on guard against extreme feminist that could use that power to hurt, destroy, and divide. But I'm still a yes because the shoe is on the other foot. Example:
Kate Kelly got exed from the church by a mail priesthood holder because she didn't want to take down her web page. That's wrong.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Dosent the reogonized lds church have a woman prophet? Fsm you might check it out see if you still feel the same. Could be a fun experience.

Phoenixstar117
captain of 100

Post by Phoenixstar117 »

Ezra wrote:Dosent the reogonized lds church have a woman prophet? Fsm you might check it out see if you still feel the same. Could be a fun experience.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_ ... ticipation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They do have female apostles, and right now a woman who presides their council of the twelve.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

FSM wrote: hay sorry for the long response. I met total access to both priesthoods, the ability to hold any office a male does. Them we must be on guard against extreme feminist that could use that power to hurt, destroy, and divide. But I'm still a yes because the shoe is on the other foot. Example:
Kate Kelly got exed from the church by a mail priesthood holder because she didn't want to take down her web page. That's wrong.
No, that is not wrong, that is called learning to submit to those who have stewardship within this church. If Kate Kelly had not hardened her heart, but had humbled herself and taken her web page down she would not have lost her membership. It is clear from her actions that she really does not understand this church or the mind of God at all. I hope that in her journeys she'll be able to repent and recognize truth and come back.

As a woman in the church, I have 'total access' to both priesthoods, and I don't wish to hold any office--that is worldly aspirations and limited perception encroaching into our church, we see it in those who promote 'ordain women' who lobby for female ordination. It is purely a worldly view--seeing this as a demand for equality. God created us and guess what? We are not 'equal' in many ways--and there is divine purpose in this; but we are so easily misled and manipulated by Satan that we cannot understand the mind of God. To me this stems from the fact that too many LDS are easily swayed by the world, because they don't do the things they need to to protect against Satan's deceptions, they are easily led and influenced by the world. The Lord has given men the responsibility of Priesthood office and if one studies the scriptures and eternal things, the wisdom of his doing so becomes clear.

So this is his plan. Am I or the single woman or mother mentioned in an earlier post missing out because we don't hold priesthood office? Only if one looks at from the perspective Satan promotes--that men hold power and authority and this makes them more valuable, gives them more opportunities and status, makes them more important and looked up to. But that is NOT how God sees priesthood authority--for instance, God uses it is a way to teach and influence those who exercise it to become more like him as well as to bless those who are partakers of it's blessings.

I exercise priesthood power without priesthood office, in my own life, in my home, in my calling, and so does any endowed woman in this church. And an unendowed woman can call upon priesthood power from the heavens through the power of faith and she can lay hands on the heads of others, her children or her husband and heal and/or bless them, and the blessing will be honored just as it would have been if given by a man in the proscribed manner. But, the Lord wants men to serve others in this capacity whenever possible. This puts a burden on men to have to be 'clean' and worthy to bear this responsibility for those they serve. So, with this being the case, why would any woman want to remove that responsibility from a man? Why would they want to take away a valuable incentive that helps men live righteous lives in order to honor and exercise priesthood worthily and helps them become like their Father in Heaven? After all, that's why we were sent down here in the first place, not to amass worldly power and privileges or to be admired and honored by the world--and we do a disservice when we allow Satan to tell us what Priesthood means and what it's worth is.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Do I think women should be ordained to the Priesthood, NO absolutely NOT.

-delete-
Last edited by passionflower on February 17th, 2017, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.