How to Survive in a World without Toilet Paper

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

How to Survive in a World without Toilet Paper

Post by BroJones »

From a dear friend comes this advice and instruction:
The Magic Bullet of the Portable Bidet
or
How to Survive in a World
without Toilet Paper

Watch this little Youtube video where I show you the kit and the concept, and then you can put it together yourself

Here's the brand-new youtube:

http://youtu.be/_ztH_07mHwc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you know that ⅔ of the world doesn't use toilet paper?! Pretty shocking, no? You're probably really glad that you live here where we do have it. But (so to speak :), it's not just 3rd-world countries that rely mainly on the idea of bidets. France, Japan, and other 1st-world countries have found that bidets are not only a much more sanitary way to go, but they can conserve on resources, which is important.

Most Americans are freaked out by the idea of a bidet -- but that's really because we don't understand how it works and how much easier and more sanitary it is to not have to rely solely on toilet paper. However, whether or not you're going for any of these reasons, when it comes to emergency preparedness, it's virtually impossible to stockpile enough toilet paper to "keep yourself safe" in the way you want to. So that's why it's essential to learn what much of the world has already figure out -- how to survive without TP!

In general, I don't believe in magic bullets, but in this case, knowing how to use a bidet -- or any variation on the idea -- is a magic bullet. It's so easy and so amazing -- let me explain:

First of all, we're not talking about installing some tricky bidet gizmo in your bathroom. Rather, we're learning how to put together a simple and dirt-cheap little portable bidet kit that would fit in a shoe box and last you for 10 years.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Re: How to Survive in a World without Toilet Paper

Post by Ezra »

Toilet paper in the outdoors is quite nasty. Takes up to 10 years to decompose depending on how dry the area is.

I have 12 years experience of living in the wilderness with my job as a wilderness youth counceler. I don't like toilet paper out there. It ends up everywhere and is not environmentally friendly.

A good tip for a above mentioned way of sanitation. Pre wet your butt befor leaving your deposit. Almost nothing at all will stick to your backside. And makes it even easyer to clean.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Three seashells and I'm good to go.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Muerte Rosa wrote:What???
=))

(Some language-viewer discretion advised)

ocarinahuff
captain of 50

Post by ocarinahuff »

coachmarc wrote:
Muerte Rosa wrote:What???
=))

(Some language-viewer discretion advised)
I'm pretty sure he's quoting a movie, starring Sylvester Stallone. Forgot the title of the movie, though.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Oh, my . . . :ymblushing: What a topic!

In the house I stayed in in Spain there was a bidet in the bathroom. I wanted to know how to use it, but there was no way I would understand the instructions in Spanish and I didn't exactly want a demonstration.

In Korea their bathrooms were set up with a drain in the floor and you just showered in the middle of the room. The showers were all the type with the long hose. Came in handy when you went number 2.

I don't know what they did traditionally, though. They had outdoor bathrooms and I doubt they had running water in them. Too bad I never thought to ask.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I grew up in the mountains. My brother and friends and I went hiking all the time. We all learned at a very young age how to use leaves.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I have no problem using leaves, having been a scout in the wilderness many times.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

In an arid survival situation water might be scarce, so the bidet idea might not work everywhere. BUT, I love the little "hand bidet" "botttom squirters" that they use in SE Asia. A little hand nozzle spray and you have a squeaky clean fresh feeling, then a quick toilet paper pat down for drying.

Consider this: When your car windows are covered in mud, do you start rubbing them with newspapers to smear around the mud, or do you spray the car with water first and then use the newspapers for drying? Well, smearing mud is not cleaning. Clearly our cultural habit in this area is inferior to regions that spray with water first.