Feedback to the Brethren

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Feedback to the Brethren

Post by BeNotDeceived »

jbalm wrote:You are either being deliberately obtuse, or you really just don't get it.

Either way, talking to you is pointless.
Fluffy like a porcupine is fluffy =))

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

No thoughts on Holland's open invitation to hear from anyone their thoughts about what to do with tithing funds, after he clearly stated it was his understanding it was not to be used for care of the poor?

I would have thought to see many more heartfelt posts that Jesus Christ has commanded that tithes be used for the poor according to what they had seen written in the Scriptures. ♡ :)

Any see anything at all ? ♡ :)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Robert Sinclair wrote:Back to discussion on the original intent of this post, I would that you might look to the last conference talk of Jeffrey R. Holland:

Here is what he said-

"As I understand it, tithing is not used to care for the poor inside or out of the church"

"I do not know when this practice began and I'm open to any thoughts any of you may have on this subject."

Anyone with a well established knowledge of the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ should knock on his church office building door and have an open hearted discussion upon this matter and his "word" is, he is open to any thoughts any of you may have. Or possibly even write him as I have. ♡ :)
I read the talk but I didn't see those quotes you attributed to him there. Maybe link the talk and highlight those quotes for me. Thanks.

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

shadow wrote:
Robert Sinclair wrote:Back to discussion on the original intent of this post, I would that you might look to the last conference talk of Jeffrey R. Holland:

Here is what he said-

"As I understand it, tithing is not used to care for the poor inside or out of the church"

"I do not know when this practice began and I'm open to any thoughts any of you may have on this subject."

Anyone with a well established knowledge of the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ should knock on his church office building door and have an open hearted discussion upon this matter and his "word" is, he is open to any thoughts any of you may have. Or possibly even write him as I have. ♡ :)
I read the talk but I didn't see those quotes you attributed to him there. Maybe link the talk and highlight those quotes for me. Thanks.

I think these thoughts come from a blog of Anonymous Bishop- see: http://anonymousbishop.com/?p=118" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

My mistake. This I mistook at first as a quote from Holland and after reading again see that it may be the thoughts of the anonymousbishop.

I think his thoughts are those of most of the Shepherds and the sheep today.

If so I thought I would like to say what I see written after reading hundreds of times through the "One Stick" given unto Ephraim and his invited guests. ♡ :)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Robert Sinclair wrote:My mistake. This I mistook at first as a quote from Holland and after reading again see that it may be the thoughts of the anonymousbishop.

If so I thought I would like to say what I see written after reading hundreds of times through the "One Stick" given unto Ephraim and his invited guests. ♡ :)
I figured you didn't read the original, just the opinions of church haters. This site provides a lot of negative interpretations, spins, twists, lies and such from nefarious sources.

Grazie.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Who said I hate the church? ♡ :)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

My only hope is to not see the words of Enoch happen or the words of the very Eternal Father in Heaven in 3rd Nephi that if a return to keep the fullness of the gospel is not done you will be cast out and good for nothing but to be trodden under the foot of men. ♡ :)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Robert Sinclair wrote:Who said I hate the church? ♡ :)
I don't recall anyone saying that.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

I am not here to sell you anything nor to obtain any following. I come here because it is a safe place to speak the truth without any serious problem arising from misunderstood thoughts and feelings.

I don't want to cause contention but I want to sound the alarm and weep and howl and blow the trumpet in Zion as God has said to do in the book of Joel that Moroni testified would soon be upon us all.

I have many, many family members in this organization and if they are heading to a fiery abyss as spoken of by Enoch and to be cast out as the Father of heaven has commanded that Jesus Christ tell you, I do care and hope for the great "if" written and given by God. Yes "if" they acknowledge their offence and return to keep the fullness of the gospel, they shall be numbered among his people. ♡ :)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Well you certainly spend a lot of time worrying about others. That might not always be good if you forget the weightier matters regarding ones own self. Pointing fingers is easy and habitual, apparently.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

I am only interested in placing before eyes and ears that may see and understand and help as fellow servants of those things written of God. Not interested in the least the putting forth of the finger. ♡ :)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

The weightier matters of the law is what I feel I have posted upon. ♡ :)

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Curious conversation.

True story, happened recently: we had a baptism of a member of our family, who happens to reside in a ward where a son or daughter of Elder Russell M. Nelson lives. When I arrived at the building I pulled in behind a Toyota Camry. Guess who was driving? Saw no body guard. I opened the door for him, said hello and we both headed into the baptism. He sat with his family and the rest of us tried not to made a fuss or take away from what was clearly a moment where he was in the role of grandfather (or great grandfather, for all I know).

After the baptism when we were all leaving I heard someone there ask him a Church policy question of a delicate nature. He was candid. "Sister, I don't really know to be honest with you. Have you talked to your Bishop about that?"

It there was a bodyguard or a weapon or any sign of riches or pretentiousness I didn't see them.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

shadow wrote:And the hero worship is pure BS. You seem to be full of it as of late.
jbalm the hero worshiper. Interesting conclusion shadow. I'm concerned as well.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

ajax wrote:
shadow wrote:And the hero worship is pure BS. You seem to be full of it as of late.
I don't think it was hero worship that Shadow was implying Jbalm to be full of. :ymsmug:

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

SmallFarm wrote:
ajax wrote:
I don't think it was hero worship that Shadow was implying Jbalm to be full of. :ymsmug:
#-o You're right. So obvious. Strike one.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

jbalm wrote:Me. Unless it's wrapped in lettuce instead of on bread. I'm low carb.
How does this fit into the MBD lifestyle?

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Not very well.

Hard ciders fit better.

natasha
captain of 1,000

Post by natasha »

brlenox wrote:
jbalm wrote:No, I'm just not blinded by hero worship.
Wait a minute jbalm...who doesn't love a good sandwich?
Oh my gosh....thanks for the giggle!!!

natasha
captain of 1,000

Post by natasha »

shadow wrote:
Robert Sinclair wrote:My mistake. This I mistook at first as a quote from Holland and after reading again see that it may be the thoughts of the anonymousbishop.

I figured you didn't read the original, just the opinions of church haters. This site provides a lot of negative interpretations, spins, twists, lies and such from nefarious sources.

Grazie.

Agreed, Shadow. I think we all would do well to not perpetuate things we "think" are attributed to someone. This is how rumors, etc., start....and quite often can end up causing a great deal of harm. Having lived 73 years now, a quick "standard" of mine has been to not completely believe things that are said regarding others until I know for sure. And even, then...I try to be very, very, slow about repeating things. I often discover more about the person who is passing on information that he thinks is true than I do about the person or persons they are talking about. It really keeps one from contracting "hoof and mouth" disease.

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

friendsofthe wrote:Ah…yes, LDS Freedom Forum, where grumbling about the church and it’s leaders is always in fashion…..
This place has changed a lot from when I first joined. I visit/participate less and less.

natasha
captain of 1,000

Post by natasha »

iamse7en wrote:
friendsofthe wrote:Ah…yes, LDS Freedom Forum, where grumbling about the church and it’s leaders is always in fashion…..
This place has changed a lot from when I first joined. I visit/participate less and less.
I'm with you....I only come here because there are a few people that I love to hear their perspective on things...and they are those who truly uplift me spiritually.

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

I love it here. I don't even mind all the complaints about the complainers.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

iamse7en wrote:
So you visit less because it has changed or has it changed because you visit less? :-?