Dale Christensen 2016, LDS Candidate for President

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
mattctr
captain of 100

Dale Christensen 2016, LDS Candidate for President

Post by mattctr »

So, my uncle, Dale Christensen, has decided to run for president. He believes in standing up and doing something about liberty. The ground is dry, so we hope little brush fires of liberty will start all over the nation and sweep across this land of promise, turning hearts and minds back to God and the principles of liberty.

If he is to win, it will be as a dark horse candidate. He will need grassroots support. Even if he doesn't win, his message is timely and generally in line with many on this forum. I hope you will read his material, interact with him, and share his candidacy with others...

Check out his website and share it with others:http://www.dale2016.com/
Like him and share him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dale2016

jeanpierre
captain of 100

Re: Dale Christensen 2016, LDS Candidate for President

Post by jeanpierre »

This much sounds real good.

"My purpose is to invoke feelings and inspire thoughts of patriotism and commitment in you to love and preserve the U.S.A. It is my intention to point out the most important things that have allowed the people of our great nation to enjoy the greatest freedom and prosperity the world has ever known. It is to remind you that with freedom and prosperity comes the responsibility to protect the principles and practices that make them possible, especially The Constitution of the United States of America. I hope to convince you that if we rely upon the Constitution as intended by its framers, it will outline the path we need to follow to correct past errors and point the way to go in the future. This path can be reduced to a simple map or formula that will require adjustments and reorganization in various government departments and agencies. It will require repealing several amendments to the constitution and elevating the involvement and influence of all fifty states. It will require increasing our defense capabilities while reducing international entanglements. It will require radical tax reform and disciplined spending. It will require measures to eliminate illegitimate legislation and the resolution of illegal immigration. It will provide voting reform and incentives for the people and restraint for public servants. It should also include building new cities not yet on our map including a new capitol or seat of government for our nation. I believe in the greatness of America and in the goodness of our people. I believe we have a glorious future if we follow the “patriot’s path”. I am trying to do so and it is my hope that, by visiting this website, following me on social media, and reading what I have shared in my books, you will know me better and consider and share my ideas, invitations and challenges. - See more at: http://www.dale2016.com/meet-dale-chris ... 8RNGz.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It makes me real happy that a Latter-day Saint is running for US President with the announced intentions to promote and abide by the principles of the US Constitution. As Mattctr stated, "Even if he doesn't win, his message is timely" This is what I would have hoped Mitt Romney would have done. Having run under similar conditions and with similar intent for the US "House" in 2008, I understand the challenges Dale Christensen will have to deal with.

I am especially happy that he recognizes the importance of "the Constitution as intended by its framers", as opposed to what the late Jerome Horowitz called "the Supreme Court's Constitution", which has been altered from the "Framers Constitution" by informal amendments developed as a result of congressional legislation, presidential actions, and Supreme Court decisions, outside the intent of the Framers.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

May I suggest that this topic be put on a new subject "2016 Elections", where I think it will get more attention.

stockoneder
captain of 10

Post by stockoneder »

Voting for anyone to be a ruler over you who then forces you to obey them is in opposition to the gospel of Jesus Christ. And voting
away other peoples rights and property and for them to become a subject of other people is also in violation of the commandment to Love you Neighbor.
Mosiah chapter 23:
6. And the people were desirous that Alma should be their king, for he was beloved by his people.
7. But he said unto them: Behold, it is not expedient that we should have a king; for thus saith the Lord: Ye shall not esteem one flesh above another, or one man shall not think himself above another; therefore I say unto you it is not expedient that ye should have a king.
13. And now as ye have been delivered by the power of God out of these bonds; yea, even out of the hands of king Noah and his people, and also from the bonds of iniquity, even so I desire that ye should stand fast in this liberty wherewith ye have been made free, and that ye trust NO man to be a king over you. ( ALL political rulers are like “kings”)
You have no right to vote for another person to be subject to anyone.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

lundbaek wrote:May I suggest that this topic be put on a new subject "2016 Elections", where I think it will get more attention.
Thanks for the suggestion. That's probably a good idea. Maybe the Mods can do some of their mod magic to make that happen at some point...

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

stockoneder wrote:Voting for anyone to be a ruler over you who then forces you to obey them is in opposition to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I don't know what you're talking about. Nobody votes for the police.
stockoneder wrote:And voting away other peoples rights and property and for them to become a subject of other people is also in violation of the commandment to Love you Neighbor.
Good thing that doesn't happen.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Mattctr, is your uncle “awakened” ? What does he think about 911?

stockoneder
captain of 10

Post by stockoneder »

KMCopeland wrote:
stockoneder wrote:Voting for anyone to be a ruler over you who then forces you to obey them is in opposition to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I don't know what you're talking about. Nobody votes for the police.
stockoneder wrote:And voting away other peoples rights and property and for them to become a subject of other people is also in violation of the commandment to Love you Neighbor.
Good thing that doesn't happen.
Sure you do. When you vote for anyone you are voting for the system which is based on force and which enforces its dictates by the law enforcers- the cops.
Every vote is a vote for the system which claims the right to rob and control all of its subjects.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

We should not expect a candidate for POTUS or Congress to publicly acknowledge awareness of the NWO / global government conspiracy. Congressmen Larry MacDonald, John Rarick, and Ron Paul did and as far as I know nothing was ever made of it. But I think in today's climate a candidate for a federal office would be accused of being a conspiracy whacko and severely ridiculed.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

stockoneder wrote:When you vote for anyone you are voting for the system which is based on force and which enforces its dictates by the law enforcers- the cops. Every vote is a vote for the system which claims the right to rob and control all of its subjects.
So you're opposed to voting, period. Right?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I created a section for discussion of the 2015 / 2016 elections and have moved this thread into it.

Is Dale Christensen running Independent? I didn't see any party affiliation noted on his website.

Interesting times for sure. I love it when good principled candidates step forward and offer a choice other than 'evil'. I usually end up voting for that type of person because I believe I will be held accountable by the Lord for how I vote.

I don't have much hope for the process or system anymore - I think it's well established that the secret combination is in control of the government and both major political parties. Regardless of whether democrats or republicans are in 'power' we are still under the rule of those who really have the power and control.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

BrianM wrote: believe I will be held accountable by the Lord for how I vote.
For some reason, I doubt He cares that much.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I read in the D&C 134 that the Lord does hold us accountable for our acts in relation to governments.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Interesting fact about D&C 134 that most don't know is that it was written by Oliver Cowdery and approved by the saints in General Conference while Joseph Smith was away. Not that he didn't agree with the principles in it but he didn't necessarily want it in the D&C.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

BrianM wrote:I think it's well established that the secret combination is in control of the government and both major political parties. Regardless of whether democrats or republicans are in 'power' we are still under the rule of those who really have the power and control.
The "awful situation" forewarned in Helaman 6 is upon US...

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

If God, using his latter-day prophets and apostles, could not get people to protect their freedoms, I guess we cannot expect much help now, that His prophet and apostles are much less overt and strident in their warnings and admonitions.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"Consider the fable entitled "Gulliver's Travels", with Gulliver being the American people. Strings are being laid across the sleeping giant, who doesn't notice what is happening to him. When he awakens, there are many shall strings that would not bind him singly, but when laid across him together render the giant helpless." This is a quote from Arthur R. Thompson, CEO of the John Birch Society. I believe it accurately describes what has been happening to America. Agenda 21, the global warming hoax, FedGov-run health care, so-called fair trade agreements and other entangling economic alliances, entangling military alliances, illegal immigration and amnesty, false flag terrorism, FedGov control over education, the Fed, homeland security, treaties intended to supersede the US Constitution, the North American Union, and the European Union are among the strings some of you may recognize as being tightened around America now.

A US President wanting to steer the US government back into compliance with the US Constitution would have a huge task in not only getting us out from under all these and other strings binding us down, but also in convincing most Americans of the danger that they pose to us personally and to our liberties.

stockoneder
captain of 10

Post by stockoneder »

KMCopeland wrote:
stockoneder wrote:When you vote for anyone you are voting for the system which is based on force and which enforces its dictates by the law enforcers- the cops. Every vote is a vote for the system which claims the right to rob and control all of its subjects.
So you're opposed to voting, period. Right?
Absolutely! Voting against other people right to be free and voting for them to be forced to obey the ruling class is an immoral act.
it is only moral to vote for yourself to be a subject and completely immoral to vote for anybody else to be one. You didn't get to vote for anyone but yourself in the pre-existence so why would you think it is o.k. to vote for other people now?
Why would 51 people in a group of 100 have ANY right at all to control the other 49 and to be able to force them to obey them? How is that moral?

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

BrianM wrote:I created a section for discussion of the 2015 / 2016 elections and have moved this thread into it.

Is Dale Christensen running Independent? I didn't see any party affiliation noted on his website.

Interesting times for sure. I love it when good principled candidates step forward and offer a choice other than 'evil'. I usually end up voting for that type of person because I believe I will be held accountable by the Lord for how I vote.

I don't have much hope for the process or system anymore - I think it's well established that the secret combination is in control of the government and both major political parties. Regardless of whether democrats or republicans are in 'power' we are still under the rule of those who really have the power and control.
I believe he is running as an independent for now. I suppose he would view the Republican party platform as closer to his idea of good government, but I doubt he agrees with everything they do/have done as of late.

Sorry, I am overseas without a good Internet connection, so I don't have much time online these days to track down every answer. I know he has read some of Connor Boyack's books (Not to say they see eye-to-eye on everything) and is well-rooted in the words, documents, stories, and intentions of the original founders of the USA.

UPDATE: I just read the following on his Facebook wall: "@TheEricGraham Thank you very much for the follow! As the first republican presidential candidate for 2016, I need the exposure! #dale2016" So I guess he has decided to run as a Republican for now. Personally, I'm not much of a party person, but I was happy to vote for RP and help oust Bennett in convention a few years back... :)
Last edited by mattctr on November 16th, 2014, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

friendsofthe wrote:Mattctr, is your uncle “awakened” ? What does he think about 911?
Good question. I'm not sure what he thinks about 9/11. I remember that he was one of the few people who questioned and wondered aloud about our going to war with Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., post 9/11, when most people were buying into the war drums scare tactics about WMDs. But he would have to speak for himself as to what he believes on these matters...

I tend to agree with the comment that addressing it would garner media ridicule.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I view Dale Christian's candidacy as an opportunity to bring to the attention of American (and hopefully other) Latter-day Saints our doctrinal imperative to preserve liberty. There is a widespread ignorance among LDS people of their responsibility to honour the Constitution and to honour freedom/liberty. I note it on this topic alone. I had hoped there would be more interest among forum members in a Latter-day Saint running for POTUS. Interesting that there seemed to have been more hullabaloo over Mitt Romney, who it seemed does not understand the US Constitution, does not understand his divinely mandated responsibility to abide by it, and/or does not have the integrity to abide by it. Dale Christensen is an accomplished man, and it appears he does espouse the Constitution. His having been a mission president in Peru, having served a couples mission in Haarlem, NYC, and having lived 2 years in China tells something about. I have communicated with him, email and telecom, and am bent on trying to organize opportunities for him to speak to groups here in Arizona. So far only one opportunity has surfaced - the East Valley Tea Party - which could draw a good crowd if publicized adequately. But we keep trying.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

This past Wednesday evening at the Red Mountain Tea Party in Mesa, Arizona it was announced that the evening of Wednesday 18 February the featured speaker will be Dale Christensen, an LDS Republican candidate for US President in 2016.

I view Dale Christian's candidacy as an opportunity to bring to the attention of especially American Latter-day Saints the importance of preserving liberty and abiding by the US Constitution. Dale is an accomplished man. He has had a successful business career. But more importantly, he espouses the Constitution as the Framers intended it to be understood. His having been an LDS bishop, a mission president in Peru, having served a couples mission in NYC, and having lived 2 years in China I think speaks well for him.

I hope those of you who live in the greater Phoenix area will be able to attend his presentation the evening of 18 February. It will be held at the Faith Christian School, 7464 E. Main St., Mesa, AZ 85207. (In a strip mall just West of Sossaman on the North side of the street), Start time: 7:00 p.m. Admission $2.50. I recommend arriving early.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Dale and his wife were here in Mesa the last couple of days and he spoke to a gathering of over 200 on Wednesday evening and to a smaller group at our home on Thursday evening. It appeared to me that he and his message was well received by all but a few individuals who think the US should pre-emptively attack Iran. He and his wife will be travelling to Utah Friday, where he apparently has speaking engagements in the works.