I have seen the Savior . . .

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I have seen the Savior . . .

Post by rewcox »

2 Nephi 33:6
6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.
What an insightful verse from Nephi!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I love the testimony of Jesus to the bro. of Jared:
12 And he answered: Yea, Lord, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth, and canst not lie.

13 And when he had said these words, behold, the Lord showed himself unto him, and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you.

14 Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters...

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

Post by Benjamin Harrison »

:ymapplause:

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

This thread was unstickied :( but I want to bump it with someone else's experience, which belongs here. I hope dewajack doesn't mind.

Opening Up

I hope to read more experiences. I hope to add my own some day soon. May we all be so blessed.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Sticky now. Thank you for posting his experience Marc :-)

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Heber J. Grant wrote this:
So I went to the president’s office, and there sat brother Teasdale, and all of the ten Apostles, and the Presidency of the Church, and also Seymour B. Young and the members of the seven presidents of Seventies. And the revelation was read calling brother Teasdale and myself to the apostleship, and brother Seymour B. Young to be one of the seven presidents of Seventies. Brother Teasdale was blessed by

President John Taylor, and George Q. Cannon blessed me …

I was a very unhappy man from October to February. For the next four months whenever I would bear my testimony of the divinity of the Savior, there seemed to be a voice that would say: “You lie, because you have never seen him.” One of the brethren had made the remark that unless a man had seen the Lamb of God — that was his expression — “he was not fit to be an Apostle. This feeling that I have mentioned would follow me. I would wake up in the night with the impression: “You do not know that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, because you have never seen him,” and the same feeling would come to me when I would preach and bear testimony. It worried me from October to the following February.

I was in Arizona, traveling with Brigham Young, Jr., and a number of other brethren, visiting the Navajo Indians and the Moki Indians.… I had this feeling that I ought not to testify any more about the Savior and that really, I was not fit to be an Apostle. It seemed overwhelming to me that I should be one. There was a spirit that said: “If you have not seen the Savior, why don’t you resign your position?”

As I rode along alone, I seemed to see a Council in Heaven. The Savior was there; the Prophet Joseph was there; my father and others that I knew were there. In this Council it seemed that they decided that a mistake had been made in not filling the vacancies in the quorum of the Twelve, and conference had adjourned. The chances were the brethren would wait another six months, and the way to remedy the situation was to send a revelation naming the men who should fill the vacancies. In this council the Prophet said, “I want to be represented by one of my own on that council.”

I had always understood and known that my mother was sealed to the Prophet, and that Brigham Young had told my father that he would not marry my mother to him for eternity, because he had instructions from the Prophet that if anything happened to him before he was married to Rachel Ivins she must be sealed to him for eternity, that she belonged to him.

That is the reason that father spoke up in this council to which I have referred, and said: “Why not choose the boy who bears my name who belongs to you, to be one of the Apostles?” That is the inspiration that was given to me.

I can truthfully say that from February, 1883, until today I have never had any of that trouble, and I can bear testimony that I know that God lives and that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the world, and that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of the living God.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Jezebel wrote:Damn. I've got a star. Plain bellies are back in?
what does it mean if you're neither plain bellied nor star bellied? I'm question mark bellied.

joe215
captain of 10

Post by joe215 »

We must be grateful for the Lord is with us. I may not seeing him but I feel his presence. HE is Good.

Jimbarrus
captain of 10

Post by Jimbarrus »

I haven't seen the Savior but have had a very strong revelation. (to my way of thinking)
I had an interview with my Bishop in the 70s and of course one of his questions was do you believe in Jesus Christ. I was sitting in the chair on the other side of the desk from him. When he said that I started to say i Be when I HAD to get up. I went behind the chair and looked him right in the eyes and said I KNOW JESUS CHRIST LIVES. Firmly but not loudly. As soon as I said that I went and sat back down. i don't remember the rest of the interview.
I will never forget that and will NEVER deny Christ.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

This video belongs here.

kathedralegs
captain of 100

Post by kathedralegs »

Powerful!!! Thanks coachmarc.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

kathedralegs wrote:Powerful!!! Thanks coachmarc.
You're welcome. I think a barrier of unbelief in our culture as Mormons is we do not cry unto the Lord. We do not do as Enos and the brother of Jared and many others who have had this experience have. While the Lord comes to us in His own due time, He does come. We have plenty of witnesses.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/search?l ... o+the+lord" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2BFree
captain of 100

Post by 2BFree »

coachmarc wrote:This video belongs here.

Did you notice when he was talking about the Lord as he appeared to him and where he points as he talks about the marks in his hands? Very few people know that truth. Thanks for posting this...it had quite an effect on me and has confirmed to me that I need to understand and pursue the "blessings of Abraham, Issac and Jacob" which has been on my mind for quite sometime now.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Yes, I noticed it. I noticed a lot of other subtle things (patterns) that I may comment on later. I believe this man experienced all of it.

2BFree
captain of 100

Post by 2BFree »

coachmarc wrote:Yes, I noticed it. I noticed a lot of other subtle things (patterns) that I may comment on later. I believe this man experienced all of it.
Waiting for your comments...I find this facsinating

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

When I get home from work this afternoon, I'll start a new thread.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Annalea wrote:Because I know.
Yes.

There is a knowledge that cannot be explained. It puts all other supposed "knowledge" to shame. One cannot share that knowing. One can attempt to explain it, using common words that in our culture mean, "I really, really believe," or "I've been taught that is true and I don't have any other paradigm inside my head." But true knowledge cannot be conveyed. it is of necessity anecdotal. Each of us must have that experience for ourselves. Only then can we understand what true knowledge actually is. Only then do we finally see that what we once thought was knowledge was only opinion, tradition, supposition, warm fuzzies, fear, and so on and so forth.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Former Hezbollah Muslim converted to Jesus Christ:

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

rewcox wrote:This thread is intended to edify, bear testimony, and encourage everyone to come unto Christ and be perfected in him.

If you feel inclined, testify of your experience/s, or link to where you have.

If you feel inclined, comment on the process you are following to come unto Christ.

I believe your testimonies are important and will help many come unto Christ.

Myself, I have not seen the Savior yet. I know that He lives, I know that God and Christ love us completely and want us to return to Their Presence. I am working on the baptism of fire and to move forward from there.

My wife, as a child, dreamed multiple times of seeing Christ standing over a spot, that later became a temple.

Why shouldn't we have dreams of Christ, prophesy and bear strong testimony of Him and God?
Rewcox, I am grateful you started this thread where people can testify of and share other testimonies of having seen the Savior and having been received by Him. I wish there were more threads like this - this one truly shines. :)

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Jules wrote:
rewcox wrote:This thread is intended to edify, bear testimony, and encourage everyone to come unto Christ and be perfected in him.

If you feel inclined, testify of your experience/s, or link to where you have.

If you feel inclined, comment on the process you are following to come unto Christ.

I believe your testimonies are important and will help many come unto Christ.

Myself, I have not seen the Savior yet. I know that He lives, I know that God and Christ love us completely and want us to return to Their Presence. I am working on the baptism of fire and to move forward from there.

My wife, as a child, dreamed multiple times of seeing Christ standing over a spot, that later became a temple.

Why shouldn't we have dreams of Christ, prophesy and bear strong testimony of Him and God?
Rewcox, I am grateful you started this thread where people can testify of and share other testimonies of having seen the Savior and having been received by Him. I wish there were more threads like this - this one truly shines. :)
It's hard to keep a thread on topic. :)

Stovokor
captain of 50

Post by Stovokor »

Apostles who have seen Christ:

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_ ... th_Century" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_ ... th_Century" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_ ... seph_Smith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kenh
captain of 100

Post by kenh »

The Book of Mormon was written for one purpose...it is our guidebook, our manual on how to complete our spiritual Mount Sinai climb to the summit where Christ waits with open arms. Moses climbed the real Mount Sinai and Christ was there waiting for him. We are on our own journey to come to know the Lord. The Lord through the Prophet Joseph Smith makes clear that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book and by abiding by its precepts we can draw nearer to God than any other book. One cannot draw nearer to God than being in the arms of Jesus Himself. There is no greater joy than being filled every particle of your soul with the pure love of Christ directly from its source, the bosom of Jesus Christ with His arms wrapped around you. All of the temple blessings are for this life except two. Those being the resurrection and exaltation. Let them happen when the Lord decides. At the end of the endowment we approach the veil. It separates us from the direct presence of the Lord. What happens at the veil represents Christ stepping through the veil and embracing us personally in this life. The baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost cleanses us of all sin. We are at that moment pure and clean before the Lord. We could stand in His presence at that time if it be the will of the Father for that to happen. None of us would want to stand in His presence if we were not cleansed of all sin.

Now for Moroni 7:48 "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen."

Having obtained charity as Moroni states and having been cleansed of all sin through the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost, "when he shall appear" has reference to a personal appearance. He who is pure has made us, at the moment, pure as he is pure and thus we are filled with joy unspeakable standing in his presence.

I add my testimony to those who have shared theirs. I know with perfect knowledge that Jesus lives. That He is no respecter of persons and that He desires all of us to make that journey to the top of our spiritual Mount Sinai and come to know what Moses knew, that Jesus does truly live. I bear witness that the Book of Mormon is truly our guidebook in achieving this knowledge. We are all under condemnation as stated in section 84 of the D&C. We can only lift that condemnation personally by becoming pure and clean through the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost and then stand literally approved of the Lord in His direct presence in this life. Every time that you read the Book of Mormon, read it with the intend that it will lead you to the presence of Christ. For that is its purpose, its only purpose. In Jesus' name, amen.

Stovokor
captain of 50

Post by Stovokor »

Joseph E. Cardon and Samuel O. Bennion, eds., Testimonies of the Divinity of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Its Leaders [Independence, Mo.: Press of Zion's Printing and Publishing, p.111-114:

President Orson Hyde
Member of the First Council of Twelve from February 15, 1835, to November 28, 1878, and President of the Quorum from December 5, 1848, to October, 1875.

I cannot but express my gratitude to God that I am a member of that Church which is everywhere spoken against, even the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am thankful to God, my Heavenly Father, that He has revealed the everlasting Gospel in its fulness, and made me, as well as many of you, the honored instruments to proclaim it to all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, wherever our lots may be cast.

Of all people upon the face of the whole earth, none have so great reason to be thankful as we. We are brought into the school of Christ to be instructed in the laws, spirit, and policy of His kingdom.

Many of you will bear in mind that at our last Conference, six months ago, many of the speakers bore powerful testimony to the truth and certainty of the cause in which we are engaged; and you will also recollect that I told you then that that testimony would seriously affect all nations and people-that it would be felt throughout the entire world-that it would be borne by an invisible hand, and its influence, like the frosts of autumn, blight the growing and flourishing prospects of all political and worldly schemes and enterprises. Contemplate now, through the glass of the public newspapers and journals, the condition of the nations of Europe, of Asia, and of America! Our own favored land is in commotion. The political elements are heavily charged with electricity, and the lowering storm-clouds are gathering in our horizon, threatening to avenge the blood of martyred Prophets and Apostles, and the inhumanity and cruelty practiced upon the Saints of God. None of those things are forgotten. They are written with imperishable characters in the memory of this people, and their cries and their prayers have transmitted them to the sacred records above, to be answered in their behalf by storms, by tempests, by whirlwinds, by earthquakes, by famines, by the sword, and also by flames of devouring fire.

The testimony of the servants of God forcibly reminds me of a certain class of men spoken of in the Revelation of St. John, who overcame by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony. When our testimony goes forth we cannot always tell exactly where it may take effect; but we know that it will not return void. It must fall somewhere. It is like the seeds plants and flowers, which are often carried high in the air and wafted on the breeze to a remote distance; yet the laws of gravity will ultimately compel them to a resting place, where their effects may be seen.

For me to testify to you that "Mormonism" is true-to declare destiny and final triumph-would be like telling you that the sun shines. It is something that you see, and consequently know; yet it is not at all likely that the sun now shines in the eyes of all people. Hence I volunteer my testimony. You may regard it in the light of a ship-of-war taking in her shot and shells at a home port, that are designed to batter down an enemy's wall on a foreign shore.

What is called "Mormonism" by the world is the fulness of the everlasting Gospel-the truth of God-the only way of salvation for all people to whom it is made known or in any way declared. Hear it, all ye people! "Mormonism" will win its way through the world, and triumph in the face of any and all opposition. There is a God that never sleeps, an eye that never slumbers, and an arm that never becomes feeble. This God is our God, and through our agency He has decreed the triumph of His cause. "Fear not, little flock; it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." There is no man on earth, no people on earth, no nation on earth, no kindred or tongue on earth, or the whole combined, that raises the hand or voice against the kingdom of God or its policy as now established, but that will be rejected of God, dishonored of men, and go to ruin with the wrath of Heaven upon them.

Having the spirit of our calling, we wax bold in our testimony. When a few more Conferences shall have been held by this people, compare the coming history of nations with this my testimony, and you will be satisfied that I now tell you the truth.

First and foremost, I will briefly allude to some aspirants to office and honors in the Church of which we are members. There have been aspirants to the Presidency of this Church ever since the death of Joseph Smith, and even before. I have read the writings of every aspirant to the presiding Priesthood in this Church since the days of Joseph the Prophet. I have marked their cold, dry, technical, husky and spiritless reasonings from the Book of Mormon, from the Doctrine and Covenants, Bible, etc. I have never discovered one burst of the Spirit of God in all their claims or publications.

Who ever read Brigham Young's writings in which he has to establish his right and claim to the Presidency of the Church? No one. God pleads His own cause through Brigham Young, because he obeys Him; but man has to plead the cause of man who is sordid, illiberal, murmuring, and corrupt.

Speaking of the return journey to Winter Quarters from the Salt Lake Valley, during which the Apostles conversed on the subject of reorganizing the First Presidency, and of the meeting of the Council held December 5, 1847, at which Brigham Young was unanimously sustained as President of the Church, Elder Hyde says:

We were in prayer and council, communing together; and what took place on that occasion? The voice of God came from on high, and spake to the Council. Every latent feeling was aroused, and every heart melted. What did it say unto us? "Let my servant Brigham step forth and receive the full power of the Presiding Priesthood in my Church and kingdom." This was the voice of the Almighty unto us at Council Bluffs, before I removed to what was called Kanesville. It has been said by some that Brigham Young was appointed by the people, and not by the voice of God. I do not know that this testimony has often, if ever, been given to the masses of the people before; but I am one that was present, and there are others here that were also present on that occasion, and did hear and feel the voice from heaven, and we were filled with the power of God. This is my testimony; these are my declarations unto the Saints-unto the members of the kingdom of God in the last days, and to all people.

We said nothing about the matter in those times, but men, women, and children came running together where we were, and asked what was the matter. They said that their houses shook, and the ground trembled and they did not know but that there was an earthquake. We told them that there was nothing the matter-not to be alarmed; the Lord was only whispering to us a little, and that He was probably not very far off. We felt no shaking of the earth or of the house, but we were filled with the exceeding power and goodness of God. We knew and realized that we had the testimony of God within us.

A general Conference of the Church on the Missouri was held December 24 to 27, 1847, on the Iowa side of the Missouri River. On the last day of this Conference the First Presidency-Brigham Young, Heber C. Kimball and Willard Richards-chosen by the Apostles on the fifth of the month, were unanimously sustained by the vote of the Saints.

(That is Vox Dei, vox populi.) Yes, the voice of God was the voice of the people. Brigham Young went right ahead, silently to do the work of the Lord, and to feed His sheep, and take care of them like a faithful shepherd, leaving all vain aspirants to quarrel and contend about lineal descent, right, power, and authority. I bear testimony unto you that the priesthood has been given to man, that "whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." I rejoice in the truth, and I bear my testimony that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of the true and living God. I bear my testimony that Brigham Young, the President of the Church, is a man of God, and that he is carrying on the work that Joseph Smith began. I know that the Gospel which we have received and which is called "Mormonism" is the truth of God; He has spoken and I know it, because I have heard His voice, and know the voice of the Good Shepherd, and am thankful that I have felt His power. Hear it, ye people! Hear it, ye that mock at the authority of God, and remember that I have declared and borne testimony that the kingdom of God has come nigh unto you.

President Orson Hyde

doubtingthomas
captain of 10

Post by doubtingthomas »

I have not yet seen Him but I hope to someday. I have a good friend who related his Mother's experience. He probably should not have related such a sacred experience to me and I will not repeat it.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

I haven't seen the Savior in this life, but over the last few months I have had some very special experiences. I will share them shortly, as it will take a while to compose and explain. I asked Heavenly Father what I should do with these experiences, and had told me in my heart, "Testify of Me." More coming soon.