I've turned into a Julie Rowe skeptic

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
bethany
captain of 100

Re: I've turned into a Julie Rowe skeptic

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

Back in the 1980's, going to a chiropractor was considered to be of the Devil among many of the Latter-day Saints that I knew. I had a lot of them tell me that I should never go to a chiropractor because Satan is behind it.

I was in so much pain at the time, that when one of my LDS cousins told me to go and told me that it would be fine and that it wasn't part of Devil worship, then I went and received a great deal of benefit at the time.

The whole world has been told that the Book of Mormon is from the Devil, yet it's all about Christ. It's surprising to discover how many Mormons are skeptics and afraid to give anything new or different a look or a try, because some Latter-day Saint or Doctor has dismissed it as being Devil work or quackery.

There's good to be had from all religions. Gordon Buddy Hinckley used to tell the world, "Bring all your good with you, and we will give you some more." This invitation applies to the miracles and benefits of Eastern Medicine as well, imho.

I personally have received a great deal of benefit from NAET.

https://www.naet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of the allergy situations that I have had for 50 years seemed to be miraculously resolved or cleared over a year's worth of time.

If you have the need, give it a try. Over time, you will come to sense whether it is working or if it is only quackery.

1 John 4: 1: BELOVED, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

The people telling me not to go to a Chiropractor were false prophets. I gave it a try, and it did NOT prove to be from the Devil. In fact, one of the Chiropractors I visited was an LDS Bishop.

That's why John is telling us to give things a try, in order to determine if they are from God or not.
Last edited by BagleyDarwin on August 20th, 2014, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 23rd, 2014, 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azalea.rubicon
captain of 50

Post by azalea.rubicon »

bethany wrote:
azalea.rubicon wrote:I was starting to get a little good feeling about the whole thread but someone mentioned "Crown Chakra" and that's when I felt this ill feeling that this Emotion Code isn't right. I've read quite a bit about Chakra's and how Kundalini Yoga uses these chakras. Please read a bit about them, it's not of the Lord. The evil one can mix lies and pepper it with truth. I don't know a whole lot about Emotion Code and therefore has no right to judge but just what I've read about Chakra's and when someone mentioned it here made me ill.
relax. before you pass false judgement.

"reader just finished searching the document and no matches found"....

that is the response that i get when i turn on the search feature & search the entire book of Emotion Code. Chakra is not once mentioned. so lets continue the conversation based on facts....
Like I said above, I don't know a whole lot about Emotion Code and therefore has no right to judge. I am only commenting on "Crown Chakras" and what I know about it. Again, I don't know a whole lot about Emotional Code and was only commenting on the exchanges here. Someone brought up "Chakras" and jrowe agreed to the chakra's comment. I am not attacking you or what you practice in any way, shape or form.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

bethany wrote:i apologize for my annoyances in this thread. i spent tooooo many years in pain dealing with something that the church does not teach us how to deal with despite thumping our chests & professing to be the mighty warriors of the last days while we tell the victims that they caused their own issue. its a very passive aggressive systematic machinery that turns you into circles. go to your friendly neighborhood priesthood holder, (check) start with your family (check), hometeachers (check), bishop (check)... up your chain... (check). oops, its your fault. repent & you'll be ok, read your scriptures & pray...

the scripture/prayer part was well covered as my child read the entire canon of scripture in her seminary years & continued to do so. service, (check)... after you check everything & you are still broke, its your fault obviously. maybe the fault is in the complete lack of a warrior response. maybe the fault is in sitting down on your hands while the enemy has no problem engaging the saints.

let someone like Dr. Fish creatively engage the enemy & he gets outed. so don't stand up & make yourself peculiar or effective, it'll cost you your salvation.

come on guys. we are the warriors. there is no other army to apply to for relief. but if we all stand around the water cooler comparing nonsensical stories & wistfully wishing we had lived in Joseph's day when the power was evident, then we are not engaged.

while emotion code does not hold itself out to be a means to releasing entities, it lends itself quite well & teaches some phenomenal principles that someone with an imagination can take & run with. that's what i did.

kick it up. get engaged. be what we were told to be.

and i would add... GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO BE WHAT YOU WERE CREATED TO BE.

So it's the leaders of the church at fault because you were not healed? Wouldn't you just be better off or equal in saying it's God's fault for not giving you the answers to be healed or healing you?

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

;

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

bethany wrote:
e-eye wrote:

So it's the leaders of the church at fault because you were not healed? Wouldn't you just be better off or equal in saying it's God's fault for not giving you the answers to be healed or healing you?
Btw, as much as I would love to ignore the falsehood here.... I absolutely do not equate any mans voice with being that of God. Their lack of ability in no way reflects Gods ability or concern for us. It was the absolute knowledge that he would heal us that allowed me to press on. So, sorry. I do not falsely accuse God because men do not fulfill their role.
That was actually kind of my point. Why do you accuse men when god is the one who grants us the ability to be healed. I think most people in the church are trying their best to help people the best way they know how. I just wouldn't throw out the pattern the Lord has provided just because you were not healed. I think the intentions of some giving blessings and advice can at times be over reaching or grasping because they don't know what to say or how to help. "I'm guilty" Sometimes I really want to help and maybe I have reached out a little too far and overstepped my bounds but not because it was lack of love for the person. My wife went through some really dark times for a year or so and I gave her blessings all the time almost daily, she tried many many different things to help her and finally found a modern medicine that was an answer to her prayers even though no priesthood authority prescribed what she needed. I am glad you found peace.

I have to edit this: My wife didn't receive the prescribed medicine that eventually healed her but she did receive what a priesthood holder should be giving her and that was encouragement, not to lose faith in the Savior and the plan of salvation. Often all one can hope for going through a trial is that we don't lose faith because the greatest trials can shake you if you don't hold firm to Christ. I have seen trials destroy people physically and spiritually.
Last edited by e-eye on August 20th, 2014, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

bethany wrote:I hear garbage all the time regarding energy healing that paints all of it with a wide brush, just as the message behind this thread. Julie Rowe is deceived because an Angel taught her about a healing system. That accusation is inflammatory & designed to malign someone. If we choose not to like her book, then so be it. But do not slander someone when you have no clue what you are maligning. Read a book before expressing an opinion on it. If you want to malign her book... Read that one & then opine. If you want to go further & attack her relationship with Nelson, then you have to read his premise before castigating. Seeing something is needed to express an opinion.

+1

njb

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

bethany wrote:Do you tell the person that you were unable to help that it is their fault? I do not fault men for not having the power to heal my daughter. I fault them for repeatedly suggesting that she did something wrong to cause it, creating a lie in her belief system that God hated her because she was being punished. This silly girl would not even kiss boys much less sin. If we do not know something, say... Gee this escapes me. That is my issue. My child was suicidal over this.

No actually when people are not healed right away I encourage them to have faith keep searching and understand that trials can make us stronger and for some reason that the Lord knows we go through them. I have had people look at me in desperation sincerely looking for advice and all I have been able to say is I don't know. I just hope your bad experience with some people in the church doesn't taint you to thinking that is just the way it is everywhere.

I have had some hard trials but I have seen others who have had harder much harder. They have harder trials probably because they are better people not because they are less righteous. Some trials are brought upon us by our own decisions but rarely do you find that in young people because they really have not nor could not make decisions to affect them in such a way.

thescott3000
captain of 10

Post by thescott3000 »

If only the prophet would come out and say something on the matter... oh wait he has! Brigham Young says:

If the Lord Almighty should reveal to a High Priest, or to any other than the head, things that are true, or that have been and will be, and show to him the destiny of this people twenty-five years from now, or a new doctrine that will in five, ten, or twenty years hence become the doctrine of this Church and Kingdom, but which has not yet been revealed to this people, and reveal it to him by the same Spirit, the same messenger, the same voice, the same power that gave revelations to Joseph when he was living, it would be a blessing to that High Priest, or individual; but he must rarely divulge it to a second person on the face of the earth, until God reveals it through the proper source to become the property of the people at large. Therefore when you hear Elders say that God does not reveal through the President of the Church that which they know, and tell wonderful things, you may generally set it down as a God’s truth that the revelation they have had is from the Devil, and not from God. If they had received from the proper source, the same power that revealed to them would have shown them that they must keep the things revealed in their own bosoms, and they seldom would have a desire to disclose them to the second person (DBY, 338).

It doesnt get any clearer than that. But it doesnt matter, it seems that most people have already made up their minds and no one can tell them otherwise.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

I used to pray to God every time before I went in to a chiropractor or a NAET practitioner begging God to make this work, because nothing else had worked before this.

There were times when God answered my prayer and gave me some of the healing that I desired.

Did I receive any revelations about the future of the LDS Church while I was at NAET or at the chiropractor?

No.

But, even if I did, I wouldn't tell you what they were.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

bethany wrote:
thescott3000 wrote:If only the prophet would come out and say something on the matter... oh wait he has! Brigham Young says:

If the Lord Almighty should reveal to a High Priest, or to any other than the head, things that are true, or that have been and will be, and show to him the destiny of this people twenty-five years from now, or a new doctrine that will in five, ten, or twenty years hence become the doctrine of this Church and Kingdom, but which has not yet been revealed to this people, and reveal it to him by the same Spirit, the same messenger, the same voice, the same power that gave revelations to Joseph when he was living, it would be a blessing to that High Priest, or individual; but he must rarely divulge it to a second person on the face of the earth, until God reveals it through the proper source to become the property of the people at large. Therefore when you hear Elders say that God does not reveal through the President of the Church that which they know, and tell wonderful things, you may generally set it down as a God’s truth that the revelation they have had is from the Devil, and not from God. If they had received from the proper source, the same power that revealed to them would have shown them that they must keep the things revealed in their own bosoms, and they seldom would have a desire to disclose them to the second person (DBY, 338).

It doesnt get any clearer than that. But it doesnt matter, it seems that most people have already made up their minds and no one can tell them otherwise.
It would be most interesting to me to witness you in his day. For you to be the one he sent off to England on a mission... While he back home canoodles your legal & lawful wife away from you into his nest & then exed you because you protested. If I wanted to control the herd I would make such statements also. Was stealing a mans wife the doctrine of devils or Gods? Was condemning a man to eternal damnation by excommunication because you wanted his wife a doctrine of devils or Gods? I think we all pick & choose and feign what we will to be the word of The Lord. Energy healing does not pretend to be the word of The Lord unto the body of the church. It is a tool just like penicillin & medical remedies. Did chiropractic come to the world via God's annointed? Did radiology come to the earth via the Lords annointed? Let us be as the Amish & live within the tools, homes, vehicles & appliances that the prophet has time to secure the plans to the earth. Personally I think everybody on the planet has the right to revelation. If you catch us trying to sneak up to the podium during general conference & sabotaging the TelePrompter to trick those gentlemen into reading in the Emotion Code as canonized doctrine, then by all means have at it. Nobody has made it a saving ordinance.
:ymapplause: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Wow, I think I'm in the wrong crowd... sounds like everyone on these forms is all crazy... just interested in talked about her experience and everyone is all about their emotional crap... and everyone seems to have been 'healed' by it too....

Pain is one of the purposes of life, btw... it teaches us most of what we know...

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 25th, 2014, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

This is one of President Spencer W. Kimball's favorite poem.... He was and is a great man!

Pain stayed so long
I said to him today,
“I will not have you with me anymore
I stomped my foot and said, be on your way!"
And paused there startled at the look he wore.
“I who have been your friend,”
he said to me, “I who have been your teacher
–all that you know of understanding love,
of sympathy and patience,
I have taught you.
Shall I go?”
He spoke the truth,
this strange unwelcome guest;
I watched him leave and knew that he was wise.
He left a heart grown tender in my breast.
He left a far, clearer vision in my eyes.
I dried my tears, and lifted up a song
Even for one who’d tortured me so long.

And to those who criticize the 'brethern'... how little you know... one of my favorites is President Kimball... what a mighty man!

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

Boy you're a negative person. Everything is pathetic, lame and everyone is crazy. Wow.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on August 23rd, 2014, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.