New Website for Julie Rowe

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: New Website for Julie Rowe

Post by AI2.0 »

sen6b wrote:
Jules wrote:
survivaldealer wrote:Funny how the non-believers and people that refuse to follow the Prophet, hang out on an LDS forum. Maybe the meaning of LDS changed when I wasn't looking.
WOW, lots of judgment, assumption, false accusation, and intolerance for views outside of your paradigm in that statement. You must know everyone pretty intimately and have authority and pure knowledge the rest of us don't see in order to qualify your view there.... :-\

Ditto for the others here taking the same position.
I couldn't agree more with this Jules
WOW, lots of judgment, assumption, false accusation, and intolerance for views outside of your paradigm
But its coming from both sides...I think it needs to stop...thats what Satan wants us to do is fight and divide ourselves...when we do that he wins...We don't have to agree with each other on everything, but....the nastiness needs to stop...myself included...its TIRED.
Considering how many posters here claim to have seen the Savior and commune with Angels on a regular basis, you'd think the board would have a more enlightened, charitable spirit, not the 'darkness' Julie sensed. Instead, I see little difference between the 'enlightened' ones and the regular folks.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Bambi wrote:
BrianM wrote:Actually the solution to poverty is not giving.
Well - if you're giving somebody an opportunity to work and EARN
his way out of poverty then it probably is the solution.
And this will work well with the sick and afflicted, the lame, armless and legless people. And the blind can learn to fish so they won't go hungry. And the hard working folks barely making enough money to put food on the table can keep their old ragged furniture...who cares?
The compassion here is so stirring. @-)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

AI2.0 wrote:
Jules wrote:
survivaldealer wrote:Funny how the non-believers and people that refuse to follow the Prophet, hang out on an LDS forum. Maybe the meaning of LDS changed when I wasn't looking.
WOW, lots of judgment, assumption, false accusation, and intolerance for views outside of your paradigm in that statement. You must know everyone pretty intimately and have authority and pure knowledge the rest of us don't see in order to qualify your view there.... :-\

Ditto for the others here taking the same position.
I couldn't agree more with this Jules
WOW, lots of judgment, assumption, false accusation, and intolerance for views outside of your paradigm

Considering how many posters here claim to have seen the Savior and commune with Angels on a regular basis, you'd think the board would have a more enlightened, charitable spirit, not the 'darkness' Julie sensed. Instead, I see little difference between the 'enlightened' ones and the regular folks.
A HUGE DITTO!!!
One of the gifts of the Spirit is discernment of spirits...Julie must have that gift, that's why she left.

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

jkrowe wrote:There is a real spirit of darkness on this website.

For this reason, I choose not to participate any further at this time.

The spirit fore warned me, and in the past few weeks I have continually been warned again and again to use caution when on this site, particularly when posting.

So, at least at this point in time, I am finished with this site.

Unless otherwise directed by the spirit, I will no longer be posting.

I have too many other important things to do which demand my time and energy.
For those who really have a genuine interest and pure intent on learning more, feeling the spirit, and doing what they can to prepare for the days ahead, I have already posted the basic information that is needed for them to find information about my books, website etc.

I am opting out and am choosing to discontinue my presence on this site. This will make some people very happy - but so be it. It is not only a waste of my time and energy, the constant negativity is spiritually draining and does not uplift the soul.

I wish you all well and hope you find what ever it is you are looking for.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

ya know, one of the things that brought me to this site was uplifting conversation about NDEs and people like Julie. Now I have to wonder what I've actually gotten myself into.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

iWriteStuff wrote:ya know, one of the things that brought me to this site was uplifting conversation about NDEs and people like Julie. Now I have to wonder what I've actually gotten myself into.
Be a wheat and join in. Wheat are not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and will shout it out against opposition.
Welcome to the forum.

I have a problem with the term NDE. If a person is clinically dead for any length of time, how can this be termed as near death? Death is death, isn't it? It's just that some people are revived successfully. Just wondering.
Seems to me that people that experience astral projection are in a state of near death. How can a spirit leave one's body and the body remain breathing? Or is it really a part of thought that goes fluttering around loose?
Years ago I read a book by Robert Monroe as he explains how he was introduced to out-of-body experiences kinda by accident if I remember correctly. However, I am very skeptic.
Is there a parallel between NDE's and OBE's?

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

BagleyDarwin wrote:
mattctr wrote: Thanks for the link. By the way, what's your take on this Denver Snuffer fellow that many forum members are discussing? Did you see anything related to him or those who consider his words as inspired?
Coachmarc is right. Almost every other thread on LDS Freedom Form gets hijacked in the very same way that this thread got hijacked by the second post in this thread.

In everyone's defense, we do indeed tend to talk about the things that interest us the most, and for most of us, unfortunately, it's the controversial that draws us in the most.
BagleyDarwin, it was not my intent to "hijack" the thread. I was genuinely curious as to her opinion, after listening to her radio interviews and perusing her new site. I had asked her opinion on an earlier thread that got buried before she had a chance to reply, so when I saw she started a fresh thread, I thought she might be able to offer an opinion on my inquiry. I was grateful for her answer, and will continue to compare and contrast things being said out there.

There are many voices out there these days, and I am trying to sort through their messages and study things out for myself. Since they (Snuffer, Rowe, etc.) are offering messages that may be related to salvation, I am just trying to understand the truth of it all. I don't know where I stand yet, but I am generally grateful to have a chance to hear, contemplate, study, and heed truth, though I am still navigating in absence of direct revelation on the matter.

Anyway, I am sorry that my question amounted to a hijacking. I hope you and others will forgive me and not hold ill will against me. I will try to think twice before airing my own personal questions that might not be on-point.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

FreedomForAll - I am no expert between the subtle differences in OBEs and NDEs, I was merely using the vernacular most common to this site. "Whether in the body or out, I do not know". Or maybe it's neither and just a vision.

Either way, let's all do our best to chase away the bearers of good news, right? :-\

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

mattctr wrote:
BagleyDarwin wrote:
mattctr wrote: Thanks for the link. By the way, what's your take on this Denver Snuffer fellow that many forum members are discussing? Did you see anything related to him or those who consider his words as inspired?
Coachmarc is right. Almost every other thread on LDS Freedom Form gets hijacked in the very same way that this thread got hijacked by the second post in this thread.

In everyone's defense, we do indeed tend to talk about the things that interest us the most, and for most of us, unfortunately, it's the controversial that draws us in the most.
BagleyDarwin, it was not my intent to "hijack" the thread. I was genuinely curious as to her opinion, after listening to her radio interviews and perusing her new site. I had asked her opinion on an earlier thread that got buried before she had a chance to reply, so when I saw she started a fresh thread, I thought she might be able to offer an opinion on my inquiry. I was grateful for her answer, and will continue to compare and contrast things being said out there.

There are many voices out there these days, and I am trying to sort through their messages and study things out for myself. Since they (Snuffer, Rowe, etc.) are offering messages that may be related to salvation, I am just trying to understand the truth of it all. I don't know where I stand yet, but I am generally grateful to have a chance to hear, contemplate, study, and heed truth, though I am still navigating in absence of direct revelation on the matter.

Anyway, I am sorry that my question amounted to a hijacking. I hope you and others will forgive me and not hold ill will against me. I will try to think twice before airing my own personal questions that might not be on-point.
Well, I'm glad that you asked the question, and I actually quote her answer on my blog:

http://megasatire.blogspot.com/2014/08/ ... rning.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was worth quoting!!

Thank you.

This wasn't the the first thread to be hijacked and turned into a "Vote for BagleyDarwin for President" thread (oops, nope that's the one I'm starting next week). It won't be the last.

Sorry if I offended or hurt you. That was not my intent, either.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Don't worry, I'm not offended. I understand your concerns. You did say the "second post" in the thread (mine) was the one that "hijacked" the thread. That's why I wanted to apologize, explain myself, and ask your forgiveness.

Thanks for your kind reply.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

iWriteStuff wrote:FreedomForAll - I am no expert between the subtle differences in OBEs and NDEs, I was merely using the vernacular most common to this site. "Whether in the body or out, I do not know". Or maybe it's neither and just a vision.

Either way, let's all do our best to chase away the bearers of good news, right? :-\
Whether you stay or go is your decision. The choice to dedicate a thread to NDE would be a good one. I think, however, that that topic has been covered several times elsewhere. I know nothing about Rowe's experience and it may not have been discussed very much.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

wompus wrote:Wow, there are a lot of weird apostates here...
LDS message boards attract all types. While it can be frustrating at times, I think it would be a bit boring here if we all shared the same opinions. Some of what I read is useless and can, at times, make me angry even, but then I read a gem and then it is worth it.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

wompus wrote:Wow, there are a lot of weird apostates here...

TannerG
captain of 100

Post by TannerG »

I'm so grateful for the so-called apostates on this forum who have helped me remove various scales of unbelief from my eyes and who remind me that truth can be gleaned from many sources if we listen without immediately dismissing or judging.

My two cents.