Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Bambi
captain of 100

Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God

Post by Bambi »

I just want to share my simple testimony that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God.
I feel good every time I see or hear that man. I love his humour (he probably restrains himself).
I do feel he has a good heart. I NEVER felt an urge to criticize the man. I'm perfectly
contend with his conduct. I do believe he is a very humble man. I do believe he leads the
church under the direction of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God.

You may add your testimony if you feel prompted. I'd highly disapprove if this thread would
be used for anything else. If you want to criticize I'd humbly ask you to do that on another thread.

shestalou
captain of 100

Re: Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God

Post by shestalou »

I met Thomas S Monson and Gordon B Hinkley at the Toronto, Ontario dedication temple and yes I agree what amazing men they were, I remember talking with Monson and thinking he really is a giant of a man in more ways then one. God had to make him so big to get that amazing giant spirit into a body, I really do love him so, the spirit with him is so strong and incredible. I am greatful for such a wonderful prophet that leads back to the path to Eternal Life. :)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

I find he fits the description given in the "One Stick" perfectly. :)

The Lord said of Ephraim that he is his firstborn, and dear son and pleasant child.♡

Great blessings and promises have been given unto Ephraim. ♡

Thomas Monson is of Ephraim. ♡

Who but the leaders of Ephraim shall as Peter and his fellow apostles be baptized with cloven tongues of fire and power from God at the coming wedding feast?

There is a wonderful promise given Ephraim of "if". ♡

"If" has binding power in any binding promise of God. :)
Last edited by Robert Sinclair on August 19th, 2014, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sixpacktr
captain of 100

Post by sixpacktr »

I too will add my testimony of President Monson. I have never had the opportunity to meet him, but I do get to watch him 2 times a year during conference. He is a Prophet of God. He is God's watchman on the earth, and he, along with the other apostles (the 1st Presidency and the Quorum of the 12) are Prophets, Seers and Revelators. I have had the opportunity to sit at the feet of several of them during PH Leadership training and at Adult Sessions of Stake Conference. The Spirit is so strong with them, and I learn so much from them.

I just want to make it known where I stand. I stand with the Brethren. 100%. Because they point me to Christ, and are His ordained servants upon the earth today.

And, to be clear, I also support and testify that my Stake President and my Bishop are called of God, and I happily submit to their stewardship over me. They would never take my agency, and only counsel me in righteousness.
Last edited by sixpacktr on August 18th, 2014, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

I was at a wedding reception about 12 years ago and President Monson walked in with his wife. The first thing he did was walk over to a table of about 10 kids all of which ranged from 3-8 and stood there talking to them for probably 5 min. I sat there thinking if the Savior was here he would have done the same thing. Truly a Christ-like example.
Last edited by e-eye on August 18th, 2014, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Thank you for sharing your testimony, Bambi.

I too know that he is a Prophet of God. As are his counselors and his brethren in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I also know there are many lower case prophets that are seeing many things too and are preparing themselves within their spheres to be right with the Lord before He returns to judge the earth.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Robert Sinclair wrote:I find he fits the description given in the "One Stick" perfectly. :)
lol. tricksy hobbitses.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Last edited by Robert Sinclair on August 19th, 2014, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

If I may ask - hopefully this isn't too personal for this kind of forum - how did you get your testimony of the current president? In other words, how is it you came to gain this specific witness? Is anyone here comfortable sharing that kind of experience? If so, ignore my question.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Last edited by Robert Sinclair on August 19th, 2014, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Last edited by Robert Sinclair on August 19th, 2014, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

gruden2.0 wrote:If I may ask - hopefully this isn't too personal for this kind of forum - how did you get your testimony of the current president? In other words, how is it you came to gain this specific witness? Is anyone here comfortable sharing that kind of experience? If so, ignore my question.
If you read mine above as you will see when I met him I had no doubt, its all true, I felt the spirit so strongly that day and its still with me to this day!;)

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

When I was 11 years old, I prayed to my Heavenly Farther to know if Joseph Smith had been called to be a prophet. I received an answer to my question. When President Monson was sustained as a prophet, seer and revelator, I did the same. I really didn't have to do that since, when I prayed regarding Joseph Smith, I also asked my Heavenly Father if I was in the path that He wanted me to be in and if everything that I had been taught at Church was true.

I didn't have to ask my Heavenly Father but I wanted to have a personal witness of the divine calling of President Monson. I received an answer from the Holy Ghost as I heard him speak in conference.

I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet called of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson is his divinely appointed successor-a prophet, seer and revelator. I also know that there has been an unbroken line of divinely appointed successors-prophets-from Joseph Smith down to President Monson.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

I have a deep Love for the Savior.
I love all fellow men.

I also sustain Thomas S Monson in his office and calling.

njb

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

I agree with njb003.5 above, except for the S. part. I don't support using anyone's initials to artificially elevate their status.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

O. Brien.

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

i WISH THE CREEPERS WOULD STAY AWAY AND LET ONE POST STAY SPIRITUAL, THIS SITE IS VERY DARK, I DONT THINK I WILL BE DEFENDING THIS FORUM ANYMORE, I AM SICK OF THE CREEPERS

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

I don't understand why all of the sudden so many people.are complaining about darkness on this forum. This is a good thread. It's never a bad thing to share a testimony. I also agree with njb.

What the heck is a creeper anyway? It's the same people that are always here. You probably think I'm a creeper because I dare express a different opinion than most latter-day saints. Oh well. I also support and pray for President Monson in his calling.

Epistemology
captain of 100

Post by Epistemology »

His calling which is a prophet seer and revelator holding the Priesthood and keys necessary and sufficient for the administration of ordinances required for exaltation.

I too sustain and support him in this calling

worthit
captain of 100

Post by worthit »

I DONT THINK I WILL BE DEFENDING THIS FORUM ANYMORE
Does this forum need a defense? I thought it was an opportunity to discuss ideas and truths. I don't get it. What's a creeper? What do you mean by darkness? disagreement, is that it? I don't get it. Why all the caps? Did the comment about the S. really trip your trigger that much that you are angry? What does that say about your level of anger? Must be pretty high already. What are you so angry for? Is it really this forum?

Sorry for your pain. Lighten up. Life is good. It's even better when we can enjoy our differences, rather than let our anger control us.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

He is the chief administrator of the law of God given in the "One Stick" upon this earth to Ephraim. Therefore a great and wonderful responsibility rests upon his heart to manifest the spirit written therein. As a fellow brother that understands this, my heart is deeply hopeful, and will be more prayerful, for him, in the coming month, and years, to be able to manifest the fullness that is written therein, of the equity and justice and righteousness and goodness and purity of heart and oneness manifested by leading us to the marriage supper of the Lamb. This I see requested by Jesus Christ himself of the leaders of Ephraim, that we not continue any longer to be invited guests that would not come. I still have hope he may yet lead us there. ♡
Last edited by Robert Sinclair on August 20th, 2014, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

Actually I didnt realize my caps were on, I have been a lurker here almost from the beginning enjoying the doctrine but I cant stand it and your right if you can invoke anger in a person its time to stop, I enjoyed it for a while but I am leaving the board and just wish you all agood life. BrianM sorry but its true darkness does prevail here now, have a good life everyone.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Last edited by Robert Sinclair on August 19th, 2014, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bambi
captain of 100

Post by Bambi »

So this turned into the thread that should make one leave that has been appreciated by many? How so?
I started the thread with a request:
"You may add your testimony if you feel prompted. I'd highly disapprove if this thread would
be used for anything else."
Last edited by Bambi on August 19th, 2014, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

Bambi wrote:So this turned into the thread that should make one leave that has been appreciated by many. How so?
I started the thread with a request:
"You may add your testimony if you feel prompted. I'd highly disapprove if this thread would
be used for anything else."

Bambi - this is a perfect example of the health of this forum. Those who don't sustain our prophet just can't allow those who do bear testimony without putting in their two cents.

Creepers - :))

Darkness - I dedicate this forum to the Lego movie batman song. Since my 2 year old likes to sing the song that batman sings at the end of the show "darkness - no parents" I am now signing in my batman voice every time it is mentioned that this forum has darkness and no spirit- "Darkness - No Spirit"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqv_LUStxDw

Here are the lyrics (and I changed parents to spirit as it fits better for this forum:

DARKNESS
NO SPIRIT
CONTINUED DARKNESS
MORE DARKNESS
GET IT?
THE OPPOSITE OF LIGHT!!!
BLACK HOLE
CURTAINS DRAWN
IN THE BASEMENT
MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
BLACKED OUT WINDOWS
BLACK SUIT