Modern Assyria?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Modern Assyria?

Post by Desert Roses »

As I listened to a radio blurb about ISIS in Iraq, and the current situation with many people trapped in a mountainous area by these fighters, the commentator said that the "Islamic State fighters are ruthless," and I immediately thought of the many cruel, violent, and ruthless means by which Islamic fighters worldwide try to accomplish their goals. I then remembered one of the most important reasons that ancient people feared Assyria coming in to their territories. The Assyrians were known for their extreme cruelty and ruthlessness. They would kill anyone that tried to oppose them, and had no compunctions about killing women and children, particularly if their killing them would cow the men into submission.

I have to wonder as I have been reading Isaiah if modern Islamic groups of all regions do not typify what was known about ancient Assyria. What else is important about Isaiah's descriptions of Assyria that apply to our modern day? I hope others have some insights.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Re: Modern Assyria?

Post by kathyn »

If radical Islam becomes more powerful, they could very well be Assyria. Right now I see Russia or China as Assyria.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

I have wondered the same thing Desert Roses.

Another thing to wonder about is this: Are the Palestinians descendants of the Philistines---the ones in the Old Testament that attacked ancient Israel and caused them so much trouble? I think possibly they are.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

My grandson is on a mission in Denmark. Several times a Muslim has grabbed him by the lapels, spit on him, and was ready to punch him. Each time, for some reason, the attacker was stopped from delivering the punch.

The missionaries are receiving a lot of protection from the Lord, for which I am very grateful.

As for your question about Assyria, it sounds logical to me.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

kathyn wrote:If radical Islam becomes more powerful, they could very well be Assyria. Right now I see Russia or China as Assyria.
I agree with this, but would go further and say the entire UN is modern day Assyria. I could be wrong. When the US is overrun and plagues and disasters hit, the "badges of mourning" prophecied of by John Taylor (also envisioned by Spencer in Visions of Glory), which are found on the doors of affected homes are nothing else other than the wreath of the UN logo. See Visions of Glory, p. 131.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

coachmarc wrote:
kathyn wrote:If radical Islam becomes more powerful, they could very well be Assyria. Right now I see Russia or China as Assyria.
I agree with this, but would go further and say the entire UN is modern day Assyria. I could be wrong. When the US is overrun and plagues and disasters hit, the "badges of mourning" prophecied of by John Taylor (also envisioned by Spencer in Visions of Glory), which are found on the doors of affected homes are nothing else other than the wreath of the UN logo. See Visions of Glory, p. 131.
I'm not sure if anyone realizes this, but "badges of mourning" like those described by John Taylor were put on the doors of homes/apartments in the 1917 Influenza epidemic. That epidemic took out huge numbers of people, particularly in the cities of the east coast US. Bodies were actually stacked up in homes and streets. We don't tend, as a human family, to remember things beyond a generation or two, in my observation, and there are some things that have already happened that we may not realize could be fulfillment of prophecies.

Elias Returns
captain of 100

Post by Elias Returns »

The Modern day Assyria or Assyrians are directed by the King of the North as described and seen in visions by Daniel. Rabbi Jonathan Cahn explains this well n his book, The Harbinger. Avraham also discusses this at great length too. Putin is strongly fulfilling thus role, by rebuilding the Soviet Empire, but also pumping money and resources into Iran and Syria, which are the direct sponsors of Hamas and Hezbollah.

DarthVernacular
captain of 100

Post by DarthVernacular »

"The Philistines were a confederation of non-Semitic peoples coming from Crete, the Aegean Islands and Asia Minor, also known as 'Sea Peoples'... The original homeland of the group that ruled the Philistine federation, namely the "Pelesati", was the island of Crete. When the Minoic civilization collapsed, also the Minoic culture disappeared from Crete, as invaders from Greece took control of the island. These ancient Cretans arrived in Southern Canaan and were known as "Peleshtim" by Hebrews and Canaanites (that became allied to fight the invaders). They also invaded Egypt and were defeated by Pharaoh Ramose III in the 12th century b.c.e...Those Sea Peoples that invaded Egypt were expelled towards other Mediterranean lands and did not evolve into any Arab people, but disappeared as distinguishable groups in Roman times. Those dwelling in Canaan were defeated by King David and reduced to insignificance, the best warriors among them were chosen as David's bodyguard. The remaining Philistines still dwelling in Gaza were subdued by Sargon II of Assyria and after that time, they disappeared definitively from history. They are no longer mentioned since the return of the Jewish exiles from Babylon. Conclusion: there is not one single person in the world who may be able to prove Philistine lineage..."

http://www.imninalu.net/myths-pals.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

I agree with Russia or China being the latter-day version of Assyria. Both are slowly doing, and they have been wanting to for a long time, what Assyria did in the days of Isaiah. They want to conquer and spread out. We are seeing that with China and all the other Asian countries like Japan who are being threatened by what China has been doing. I also believe that Russia will continue using the excuse of protecting ethnic Russians in order to justify intervening in other countries.

The Middle East is a big and real threat but it is threat only because the United States has made it so. We have trained and funded uprisings over and over again. The CIA is constantly running black operations in the Middles East. We are constantly destabilizing countries over there by putting whoever we want in power, most often than not by violent means.

I am of the belief that something must happen in the Middle East that must remove all of the power from the Arab countries that will allow the Jews to build the temple there. Others may disagree with me but I don't believe that the latter-day Assyrian role will be played by a Middle Eastern country.

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

believer wrote:My grandson is on a mission in Denmark. Several times a Muslim has grabbed him by the lapels, spit on him, and was ready to punch him. Each time, for some reason, the attacker was stopped from delivering the punch.

The missionaries are receiving a lot of protection from the Lord, for which I am very grateful.

As for your question about Assyria, it sounds logical to me.
That is absolutely heartbreaking. (That Debmark has been filled with this kind of people :( )
But what an amazing miracle for him! :ymblushing:

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

abelchirino wrote:I agree with Russia or China being the latter-day version of Assyria. Both are slowly doing, and they have been wanting to for a long time, what Assyria did in the days of Isaiah. They want to conquer and spread out. We are seeing that with China and all the other Asian countries like Japan who are being threatened by what China has been doing. I also believe that Russia will continue using the excuse of protecting ethnic Russians in order to justify intervening in other countries.

The Middle East is a big and real threat but it is threat only because the United States has made it so. We have trained and funded uprisings over and over again. The CIA is constantly running black operations in the Middles East. We are constantly destabilizing countries over there by putting whoever we want in power, most often than not by violent means.

I am of the belief that something must happen in the Middle East that must remove all of the power from the Arab countries that will allow the Jews to build the temple there. Others may disagree with me but I don't believe that the latter-day Assyrian role will be played by a Middle Eastern country.
Intervening in other countries.. Now why does that sound familiar...?

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Lose their power? Interesting. I never considered that, but that could be...? Of course, they didn't have to lose their power in the 6 day war.. But this would be much longer of an endeavor. It sure is food for thought!

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

believer wrote:I have wondered the same thing Desert Roses.

Another thing to wonder about is this: Are the Palestinians descendants of the Philistines---the ones in the Old Testament that attacked ancient Israel and caused them so much trouble? I think possibly they are.
The word Palestine comes from the Latin Palaestina and the Arabic FALESTEEN which means PHILISTINE.

So yes there is quite the connection. Add to that that the nations surrounding Israel DO NOT WANT THE PALESTINIANS THERE. In fact, in many cases they are forbidden from becoming citizens of the country and forbidden from studying certain areas such as enginnering. Jew and Arab alike don't like them too much as the Philistines are NOT of the covenant blood, but are descendants of Ham.

About Assyria, it is really a combination of factors-

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

Bananikka wrote:Lose their power? Interesting. I never considered that, but that could be...? Of course, they didn't have to lose their power in the 6 day war.. But this would be much longer of an endeavor. It sure is food for thought!
It is true, they didn't. I find in the 6th day war, a perfect example of divine intervention in the Middle East. And I'm not one the believes that Israel is full of innocent saints from top to bottom. That is just my opinion of what happened in 1967 when Israel did have all the odds against her.

The reason why I feel that the Arab countries will lose their power is because of the building of the Temple. I don't see Israel going against their promise to leave the Dome of the Rock intact. I know that there are many that see Israel as a big bully and in the center of the great conspiracy of our times but I just don't see Israel doing that. The only way I would see Israel taking it upon themselves to destroy the Dome of the Rock would be if they were forced to do so by the Arab countries as they were forced to take Jerusalem back by Jordan in 1967. Something similar to what happened during the destruction of the Temple by the Romans. As I understand it, the Romans did not intend to destroy the Temple-they only did so because they were forced to by the Jewish rebels.

Again, I don't see any Middle Eastern country playing the role of Assyria. Especially anything having to do with ISIS. I was reading and hearing about how Netanyahu was praising what ISIS was doing and that ISIS did not consider what Israel is doing in Gaza as wrong. They are both part of the Globalist conspiracy. What is going on in the Middle East is what has been going on for many decades. Destabilization after destabilization. My eyes are on Russia and China (and our own government). I know many have had dreams about Russia and China. I haven't. I wish God would give me more wisdom about this issue but so far he has not seen it fit. Yet, from my own reading of Isaiah, Revelation, the Book of Mormon and the historical events of our dispensation, Russia and China are the only ones that match the description of this Assyrian King of the North. And I feel as if the Spirit has confirmed that to me (again, other may disagree and I have no problem with that).

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

Bananikka wrote:
abelchirino wrote:I agree with Russia or China being the latter-day version of Assyria. Both are slowly doing, and they have been wanting to for a long time, what Assyria did in the days of Isaiah. They want to conquer and spread out. We are seeing that with China and all the other Asian countries like Japan who are being threatened by what China has been doing. I also believe that Russia will continue using the excuse of protecting ethnic Russians in order to justify intervening in other countries.

Intervening in other countries.. Now why does that sound familiar...?
Why does it sound familiar to you? :)