Antichrist?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Antichrist?

Post by bobhenstra »

Is Putin the antichrist?

brianne541
captain of 100

Re: Antichrist?

Post by brianne541 »

bobhenstra wrote:Is Putin the antichrist?

Interesting! :-? If he marches on Israel, then it's likely! Good catch! I guess time will tell...

Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Post by Tribunal »

I think Obama :o) and Putin :ymdevil: are competing for that title!

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Tribunal wrote:I think Obama :o) and Putin :ymdevil: are competing for that title!
Lol!!! :ymapplause: =))

I still think Obama is doing some pretty significant, and symbolic things... Or I'm just focusing on his actions and THINKING they are significant or symbolic :-\

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I think it'll be that U.N. funded Maitreya fellow.

Elias Returns
captain of 100

Post by Elias Returns »

Putin is an anti- Christ, and has already marched upon Israel....literally, and symbolically. He is the one who is providing the weapons to Iran, that are being used by Hezbollah, and other anti-Israeli groups in the Middle East. We must quit thinking and looking at the geopolitical world, and it's actions at the linear level, and start to see all things at a much more multi-dimensional level. Once we grasp this eternal concept, then, and only then will we see the bigger picture more clearly.

I apologize if this sounds harsh, because it truly is not my intent!
Shalom,
Elias Returns

Simon
captain of 1,000

Post by Simon »

I have no doubt there are many evil men on earth that we can count as Antichrists, but since we have opposition in all things, do I also believe that the final Antichrist will be a being that many will first view as the real Christ, representing a perfect opposition of our Lord. We know that if it were possible even the very elect would be deceived, and I cant see that at all within the capability of an political leader. It is my present view that the Antichrist will not merely come as a messanger of peace, but also will he appear in great glory, showing the world great signs and wonders, or in other words, he will posess some supernatural powers, similar to Christ, being Christs excact opponent. We learn in revelations that in these last days even demons will appear on the scene, and that they will gather the kings of this earth for battle against Christ.

If we were to take a usual human as the Antichrist, it should have been Hitler, but as we can see, he was not the one, and so can I also not see any other common humanbeing fulfilling that specific role, but only a being that can make the deception believable.

abelchirino
captain of 100

Post by abelchirino »

I don't think the scriptures talk about one specific antichrist. There has been many antichrists in the earth and I believe that there are many today. But the scriptures do talk about an Assyrian, or the king of the North, or a small horn, or of Gog. They're all the same person (I think). Now Paul did mention a Son of Perdition but I think that is referring to a different entity or character (If I'm wrong let me know).

Now as far as the names that the scriptures use, I don't know if Putin is that Assyrian but I do think that the Assyrian, or Gog, will come from Russia.

(Sorry I just don't like the word Antichrist because it makes me think of those Christians that make a hype out of everything.)

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Simon wrote:I have no doubt there are many evil men on earth that we can count as Antichrists, but since we have opposition in all things, do I also believe that the final Antichrist will be a being that many will first view as the real Christ, representing a perfect opposition of our Lord. We know that if it were possible even the very elect would be deceived, and I cant see that at all within the capability of an political leader. It is my present view that the Antichrist will not merely come as a messanger of peace, but also will he appear in great glory, showing the world great signs and wonders, or in other words, he will posess some supernatural powers, similar to Christ, being Christs excact opponent. We learn in revelations that in these last days even demons will appear on the scene, and that they will gather the kings of this earth for battle against Christ.

If we were to take a usual human as the Antichrist, it should have been Hitler, but as we can see, he was not the one, and so can I also not see any other common humanbeing fulfilling that specific role, but only a being that can make the deception believable.

Awesome statement! Makes perfect sense! :ymapplause:

azalea.rubicon
captain of 50

Post by azalea.rubicon »

abelchirino wrote: But the scriptures do talk about an Assyrian, or the king of the North, or a small horn, or of Gog.
Justinian is considered the "small horn" and is also considered the Son of Perdition.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Dallin H. Oaks in his last devotional went over this, instead of naming a person or people, he named organizations who have a contradicting philosophy to that espoused by Christ.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

When it comes to Roman Emperors, General Titus fits best as the "little horn".

General Titus was responsible for the Seige of Jerusalem where thousands of Jews were crucified on the city walls as well as the destruction of Herod's temple.

General Titus later became the 10th or so emperor ("big horn") after the death of his father Vespasian.

31-14 Augustus
14-37 Tiberius
37-41 Gaius-Caligula
41-54 Claudius
54-68 Nero (went mad, suicide)
68-69 Galba (ticked off army, killed by army)
69 Otho (vitellius defeated, suicide)
69 Vitellius (vespasian defeated, killed)
69-79 Vespasian
79-81 Titus

Any group or religion that accepts the Nicean Creed or any other false doctrine about Christ and the nature of the relationship between the Father and Son is "anti-Christ". All false religion and philosophy is anti-Christ.

Believe it or not, the Bible reminds us that Babylon is the "Mother of Abomination". All these false systems, religions, philosophies, priesthoods come from the same source and really are one big false system.

shylohmw
captain of 50
Location: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also

Post by shylohmw »

I think it is none other than Satan himself. He acts as 'God of this world', being able to counterfeit and decieve. It could also be symbolic of those (embodied or unenbodied) who follow him.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

samizdat wrote:Dallin H. Oaks in his last devotional went over this, instead of naming a person or people, he named organizations who have a contradicting philosophy to that espoused by Christ.
Do you have a link ?

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

Replacing "testimony" with "this is how it is just accept it"... Replacing personal revelation with "doubt your doubts" and just accept it.

These are messages of antichrist. (link below)

http://deseretbook.com/Testimony-Glove- ... /i/5044695" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:ymsick:

We have completely replaced gaining personal experiences with 'this is how it is" ... "the thinking has been done".

See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZsrjpHh1b4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read the comments.

dman
captain of 100

Post by dman »

Janadele1 wrote:
samizdat wrote:Dallin H. Oaks in his last devotional went over this, instead of naming a person or people, he named organizations who have a contradicting philosophy to that espoused by Christ.
Do you have a link ?
I read his talk. I think he was referring to the great and abominable church in the talk not the Antichrist.

andsmith0723
captain of 50

Post by andsmith0723 »

Putin is a antichrist but not THE anti-christ in the scriptures.

I think the anti-christ is going to be a new age "messiah" coming to "ascend the human species". There is a growing number of new age cults claiming we are getting ready to enter into the "golden age" and have aliens visit us. They focus strongly on energy work, quantum hypnosis, etc. They are strongly against the illuminati and want their own form of a new world order...and I believe that when the current powers that be start to lose more power there is gonna be a false messiah working great miracles -energy healing- and gathering a huge following.
Just my take on the subject.
If you want an idea of what these people are about go here http://www.in5d.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

The new age trend has no political power, nor force of arms, requirements for the antichrist. All those people are followers, not leaders!

Bob

andsmith0723
captain of 50

Post by andsmith0723 »

At the moment they do not have political power, but if the anti-christ is a new age messiah that will quickly change. The new age movement is one of the most powerful social forces in the world. Their message of world peace and everyone being their own God sucks in even the most intelligent, altruistic of people. The anti-christ is going to have a message that resonates with the world and makes them embrace a new world order. Their power in social forces combined with political power will be just the right combination

Simon
captain of 1,000

Post by Simon »

andsmith0723 wrote:Putin is a antichrist but not THE anti-christ in the scriptures.

I think the anti-christ is going to be a new age "messiah" coming to "ascend the human species". There is a growing number of new age cults claiming we are getting ready to enter into the "golden age" and have aliens visit us. They focus strongly on energy work, quantum hypnosis, etc. They are strongly against the illuminati and want their own form of a new world order...and I believe that when the current powers that be start to lose more power there is gonna be a false messiah working great miracles -energy healing- and gathering a huge following.
Just my take on the subject.
If you want an idea of what these people are about go here http://www.in5d.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I see it just that way as you, though I believe that not all that has to do with energy work is evil, despite the many that may be a counterfeit. But apart from that, I pretty much shared the same view in my posts above. THE anti christ has to be a perfect opposition, or counterfeit to Christ, working miracles as he did, making the world believe its him.

AmericanBulldog
captain of 100

Post by AmericanBulldog »

I'm going with Putin is Gog...(he is an antiChrist though) then again, so is Obama, Jong Un, Ahmadinejad, and so on.

Kmart201
captain of 50

Post by Kmart201 »

Isaiah talks about a military/political leader who is going to be given power (by god) to subdue the whole earth by force. This person is going to be so powerful that he will even begin to think he is more powerful than God. That is when our God will show up to show the world that He is the true God of this world. Because that leader is the one Christ will show His power through, i believe he/she is the antichrist.

shylohmw
captain of 50
Location: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also

Post by shylohmw »

This sounds exactly like Satan to me. https://www.lds.org/scriptures/gs/antichrist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

I think its 80% of the world. :ymdevil:

Ribble
captain of 100

Post by Ribble »

Obama is certainly evil, but he is too aloof, incompetent, disinterested, and just plain lazy to be THE antichrist. I think of Obama as being recruited to play a role. He's basically an empty suit who has the gift of charisma and the ability to give a good speech. He's not the man in charge…no way.

Last week while watching Fox News one news person was saying that senators have a difficult time dealing with the White House because "nobody knows who's really calling the shots." Obama is too well handled and protected to be the man in charge. Compare him to another wicked man, Bill Clinton. Say what you want about Bill, but he was heavily engaged in being president. Obama would rather be playing golf, vacationing, or shooting hoops. He knows his role and it's not being in charge. The man is just an actor.