The Plague - i.e. purple spots

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Jason
Master of Puppets

The Plague - i.e. purple spots

Post by Jason »

Much is expounded on here of bugout bags, 72 hr kits, remote hide outs, guns, etc etc etc...

What about the purple spots???
"What then will be the condition of the people when the great and dreadful war will come? It will be very different from the war between the North and South. It will be neighborhood against neighborhood, city against city, town against town, state against state, and they will go forth destroying and being destroyed. Manufacturing will almost cease, great cities will be left desolate. The time will come when the great city of New York will be left without inhabitants...

"When that day shall come (when the missionaries will be called home) there shall be wars, not such wars as have come in centuries and years that are past and gone, but a dsolating war. When I say desolating, I mean that it will lay these european nations in waste. Cities will be left vacated, without inhabitants. The people will be destroyed by the sword of their own hands. Not only this but many other cities will be burned; for when contending armies are wrought up with the terrible anger, without the Spirit of God upon them, when they have not that spirit of humanity that now characterizes many of the wars amongst nations, when they are left to themselves, there will be no quarter given, no prisoners taken, but a war of destruction, of desolation, of the burning of the cities and villages, until the land is laid desolate."
- Orson Pratt (J. Disc. 20: 150)
All that you know now can scarcely be called a preface to the sermon that will be preached with fire and sword, tempests, earthquakes, hail, rain and fearful destruction. What matters the destruction of a few railway cars? You will hear of magnificent cities, now idolized by the people, sinking in the earth entombing its inhabitants. The sea will heave itself beyond its bounds, engulfing many cities. Famine will spread over the nation, and nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom, states against states, in our own country and in foreign lands."
Brigham Young - Modin, D.: & Comstock, Tamara: Prophecy 1973-2000; 1972, Hermes House
The prophets not only predicted that there would be a thorough cleansing of America, but they described how it would occur. The Lord's cleansing will include the destabilizing impact of earthquakes, tornadoes, famine, riots, and civil strife. But the primary destruction will come from a massive, cataclysmic plague. The Lord refers to it as an "overflowing" or "desolating scourge." The Bubonic Plague wiped out nearly half of Europe in a very short time, but the plague predicted for the cleansing of America sounds far worse.

Here is the way the Lord speaks of it:

"And when the times of the Gentiles is come in, a light shall break forth amount them that sit in darkness, and it shall be the fullness of my gospel; But they receive it not' for they perceive not the light, and they turn their hearts from me because of the precepts of men.

"And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass til they shall see an OVERFLOWING SCOURGE; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land."

This overflowing scourge is intended to cleanse and scour America of its wickedness. Therefore, the Lord said to the members of the restored Church in modern times:

"All the wicked shall mourn. For behold, and lo, vengeance cometh speedily upon the ungodly as the whirlwind; and who shall escape it?

"The Lord's SCOURGE shall pass over by night and by day, and the report thereof shall vex all people."
Pg. 12 of Cleansing of America by Cleon Skousen
I was next in the City of Baltimore and in the square where the Monument of 1812 Stands, in front of St. Charles and other Hotels I saw the Dead piled up so high as to fill the square. I saw Mothers Cut the throats of their own Children for the sake of their blood, which they drank from their veins to quench their thirst and then lie down and die. The water of the Chesapeake and of the City were so stagnant and such a stench arose from them on account of the putrefaction of Dead bodies that the very smell Caused Death and that was singular again I saw no men except they were dead, lying in the streets, and vary few women, and they were Crazy mad, and in a dying Condition. Every whare I went I beheld the same all over the City, And it was horrible, beyond description to look at.

I thought this must be the End. But No I was seemingly in Philadelphia, and there every thing was Still. No living soul was to be seen to greet me, and it seemed as though the whole City was without an inhabitant. In arch and Chestnut Street and in fact Every whare I went the putrefaction of the Dead bodies Caused such a stench that it was impossible for any Creature to Exhist alive, nor did I see any living thing in the city.

I next found myself in Broad way New York and here it seemed the people had done their best to overcome the disease. But in wandering down Broadway I saw the bodies of Beautiful women lying stone dead, and others in a dying Condition on the side walk. I saw men Crawl out of the Cellars and rob the dead bodies of the valuables they had on and before they Could return to their coverts in the cellars they themselves would roll over a time or two and die in agony.

On some of the back street I saw Mothers kill their own Children and Eat raw flesh and then in a few minutes die themselves. Wharever I went I saw the same scenes of Horror and Desolation rapine and Death. No Horses or Carriages, No busses or Street Cars, but Death and Destruction every whare.
http://mysite.verizon.net/pulsar/Librar ... ction.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.latterdayconservative.com/jo ... ys-vision/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And now I am prepared to say by the authority of Jesus Christ, that not many years shall pass away before the United States shall present such a scene of bloodshed as has not a parallel in the history of our nation; pestilence, hail, famine, and earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face of the land, to open and prepare the way for the return of the lost tribes of Israel from the north country. The people of the Lord, those who have complied with the requirements of the new covenant, have already commenced gathering together to Zion, which is in the state of Missouri; therefore I declare unto you the warning which the Lord has commanded to declare unto this generation, remembering that the eyes of my Maker are upon me, and that to him I am accountable for every word I say, wishing nothing worse to my fellow-men than their eternal salvation; therefore, "Fear God, and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment is come." Repent ye, repent ye, and embrace the everlasting covenant, and flee to Zion, before the overflowing scourge overtake you, for there are those now living upon the earth whose eyes shall not be closed in death until they see all these things, which I have spoken, fulfilled. Remember these things; call upon the Lord while He is near, and seek Him while He may be found, is the exhortation of your unworthy servant.
http://en.fairmormon.org/Joseph_Smith/P ... swept_away" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"But," continued the Messenger, "thou beholdest a change. Confidence is lost, wealth is arrayed against labor, labor against wealth, yet the land abounds with plenty of food and raiment, and silver and gold are in abundance. Thou seest also the letters written by a Jew have wrought great confusion in the finances of the nation which, together with the policy of many wealthy ones, has produced distress and do produce further sorrow."

Factions now sprang up as if by magic; capital had entrenched itself against labor throughout the land; labor was organized against capital. The voice of the wise sought to tranquilize these two powerful factors in vain. Excited multitudes ran wildly about; strikes increased; lawlessness sought the place of regular government.

At this juncture I saw a banner floating in air whereupon was written the words, "BANKRUPTCY, FAMINE, FLOODS, FIRE, CYCLONES, BLOOD, PLAGUE." Mad with rage, men and women rushed upon each other. Blood flowed down the streets of cities like water. The demon of bloody hate had enthroned itself on the citadel of reason; the thirst for blood was more intense than that of the parched tongue for water. Thousands of bodies lay untombed in the streets. Men and women fell dead from the terror inspired by fear. Rest was but the precursor of the bloody work of the morrow. All around lay the mournfulness of a past in ruins. Monuments erected to perpetuate the names of the noble and brave were ruthlessly destroyed by combustibles.

A voice now sounded aloud these words, "Yet once again I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word yet once again signifies the removing of things that are shaken, as of things that are made; that those things that cannot be shaken may remain."

Earthquakes rent the earth in vast chasms, which engulfed multitudes; terrible groanings and wailings filled the air; the shrieks of the suffering were indescribably awful. Water wildly rushed in from the tumultuous ocean, whose very roaring under the mad rage of the fierce cyclone, was unendurable to the ear. Cities were swept away in an instant, missiles were hurled through the atmosphere at a terrible velocity, and people were carried upward only to descend an unrecognizable mass. Islands appeared where ocean waves once tossed the gigantic steamer. In other parts, voluminous flames emanating from vast fires, rolled with fearful velocity, destroying life and property in their destructive course.

The seal of the dread menace of despair was stamped on every human visage; men fell exhausted, appalled and trembling. Every element of agitated nature seemed a demon of wrathful fury. Dense clouds, blacker than midnight darkness, whose thunders reverberated with intonations which shook the earth, obscured the sunlight. Darkness reigned unrivaled and supreme.

Again the light shone, revealing an atmosphere tinged with a leaden hue, which was the precursor of an unparalleled plague, whose first symptoms were recognized by a purple spot which appeared on the cheek or on the back of the hand, and which, invariably, enlarged until it spread over the entire surface of the body, producing certain death. Mothers, on sight of it, cast away their children as if they were poisonous reptiles. This plague, in grown persons, rotted the eyes in their sockets and consumed the tongue as would a powerful acid or an intense heat. Wicked men, suffering under its writhing agonies, cursed God and died, as they stood on their feet, and the birds of prey feasted on their carcasses.
http://www.reliefmine.com/component/con ... ees-future" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also printed in The Contributor, Vol. 15, No. 10 August, 1894, pp. 638-641
And there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men;

And there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth.

And it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world, that I will take vengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent; for the cup of mine indignation is full; for behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they hear me not.

Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them;

And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testam ... 9?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land.

But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved; but among the wicked, men shall lift up their voices and curse God and die.

And there shall be earthquakes also in divers places, and many desolations; yet men will harden their hearts against me, and they will take up the sword, one against another, and they will kill one another.

And now, when I the Lord had spoken these words unto my disciples, they were troubled.

And I said unto them: Be not troubled, for, when all these things shall come to pass, ye may know that the promises which have been made unto you shall be fulfilled.

And when the light shall begin to break forth, it shall be with them like unto a parable which I will show you—

Ye look and behold the fig trees, and ye see them with your eyes, and ye say when they begin to shoot forth, and their leaves are yet tender, that summer is now nigh at hand;

Even so it shall be in that day when they shall see all these things, then shall they know that the hour is nigh.

And it shall come to pass that he that feareth me shall be looking forth for the great day of the Lord to come, even for the signs of the coming of the Son of Man.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testam ... 5?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testam ... 7?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Years ago I went to the Bean Museum at BYU because they had a display on the second floor dealing with herbs.

While standing there reading, I saw the following quote by Brigham Young (which I can almost remember verbatim): "Blessed is he that knows how to use yarrow in the last days."
LDSFF member - CBentley
Dr. Christopher said that Yarrow is one of the greatest diaphoretic herbs. It will raise the heat of the body, equalize the circulation and produce perspiration, when taken hot. Dr. Christopher reminded us that the old herbalists stated that “the home without Yarrow will have death therein when the plagues come”. Brigham Young, the Mormon Prophet, said that in the last days, people will be blessed who know how to use Yarrow. Dr. Christopher recalled that during the great influenza epidemic of 1918, about twenty million people died the world over, two million being in the United States. He remembered that as a boy people were not allowed to go out in public during the epidemic without wearing surgical masks. If you were found without the mask, you could be arrested. “We have been warned that during the plagues yet to come we will have far worse influenza epidemics than in the past. People will die in such large numbers that these epidemics will fulfill the Biblical prophecies that there would be black crepe on nearly ever door. You can have one of the few homes wherein “`death does not visit' if you will see that your family rebuilds their bodies by proper eating, staying on the mucusless diet, and having Yarrow or some other good diaphoretic herbs on had at all times” (Herbalist:1:6:196). Dr. Christopher taught the standard herbalist's view of fever, that it is a signal of malfunction happening in the body, so one must turn to the cause to get rid of it. If you suppress the fever with aspirin or some other drug, the heart has to work that much harder to pump not only the original toxicity from the body, but also the corpses of the germs. This can damage the heart, the kidneys, the nervous system, the circulatory system--all of the body--and eventually result in rheumatoid arthritis, crippling arthritis, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, and other similar ailments (Ibid.). When there are toxic materials in the body, germs enter. These live on the dead materials. The body builds a fever for incubation and multiplication of the germs, because the more germs that there are, the faster toxins are removed from the body. The germs must have moist heat to reproduce quickly. Without a great deal of added moisture, the body dehydrates itself trying to furnish the moisture needed. This can result in a dry fever, which can kill. With a moist fever, however, the fever can go higher and higher, causing more and more germs to consume the toxins in the body. When the body is clean, the germs leave because there are no more toxins left to live on; they will not consume healthy cell structure and cannot hurt the healthy human body. During the fever, liquids must be given to the patient, such as juices, herb teas, and distilled water. Yarrow tea, among the diaphoretics, is especially useful because it raises the temperature naturally, opens the pores for waste to escape, and promotes perspiration. As long as moisture is going into the body and perspiration is occurring, there is little damage that can be done by fevers.

This sweating, or diaphoresis, is essential to healing in such a situation--and in many others--because if the pores of the skin are closed, the bloodstream soon becomes impure, poisoning the whole system. Dr. Christopher taught that no matter where the trouble may be in the body, provided the general circulation is involved, you can dramatically help the situation by diaphoresis. This is why Yarrow is so valuable. He cited that inflammation of the lungs, pleurisy, peritonitis, inflammation in the stomach, spleen, bowels, kidneys, bladder, uterus or brain--everywhere in the body--can be healed by diaphoretic treatment.
http://online.snh.cc/files/2100/HTML/10 ... folium.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Legend has it that yarrow (Achillea millefolium) was named after Achilles, the Greek mythical figure who used it to stop the bleeding wounds of his soldiers. Popular in European folk medicine, yarrow contains flavonoids (plant-based chemicals) that increase saliva and stomach acid, helping to improve digestion. Yarrow may also relax smooth muscle in the intestine and uterus, which can relieve stomach and menstrual cramps.

Few scientific studies have investigated yarrow's use as an herbal medicine. Traditionally, it was used for three types of ailments: applied topically, for wounds and minor bleeding; to reduce inflammation, especially in the digestive tract; and to alleviate anxiety or insomnia (as a sedative). Today, yarrow may be considered for the following uses:

* Loss of appetite
* Indigestion or heartburn
* To increase urine flow
* Amenorrhea (irregular menstrual cycle)
* Menstrual cramps and pain
* Muscle spasms
* Inflammation
* To fight infection
* Fever (brings temperature down through sweating)
* To reduce bleeding
* Wound healing

Plant Description:

Yarrow, a member of the aster family, is closely related to chrysanthemums and chamomile. It flourishes in a sunny and warm habitat, and is frequently found in meadows and along roadsides, as well as on dry, sunny slopes. It grows as a simple, upright, and hairy stem, usually under 3 feet. Yarrow blooms between June and September. The flowers are typically white, but either pink or pale purple flowers are common in mountain areas. The petals are densely arranged in flattened clusters, and the leaves look like feathers. The plant spreads rapidly.
Parts Used:

The flowers, leaves, and stems of the yarrow plant are used for medicinal purposes. It is collected while in bloom.
Available Forms:

Yarrow is available in the following forms:

* Dried or fresh herb
* Capsules or tablets
* Tinctures
* Liquid extracts

How to Take It:

Pediatric

There have been no studies evaluating the use of yarrow in children. Talk to your doctor before giving yarrow to a child.

Adult

The following are recommended adult doses for yarrow:

* Tea: Steep 1 - 2 tsp. dried herb in 1 cup boiling water, strain and cool. Drink 3 times per day.
* Capsules: 2 - 4 g, 3 times per day
* Extract (1:1, 25% ethanol): 1 - 4 mL (20 - 120 drops) 3 times per day
* Tincture (1:5; 40% ethanol): 2 - 4 mL (40 -120 drops) 3 times per day

Precautions:

The use of herbs is a time-honored approach to strengthening the body and treating disease. Herbs, however, can trigger side effects and can interact with other herbs, supplements, or medications. For these reasons, you should take herbs with care, under the supervision of a health care provider.

If you are sensitive to plants in the aster family (chrysanthemums, daisies, ragweed), you may be sensitive to yarrow, either taken orally or applied topically.

Yarrow may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.

Pregnant women should not take yarrow, because its ability to relax the smooth muscle of the uterus could cause miscarriage. At least one study found that yarrow was associated with reduced fetal weight in rats. Other studies have shown an increase in the percentage of abnormal sperm among male rats treated with yarrow extract. No studies have evaluated yarrow's use in breastfeeding women. If you are nursing, talk to your doctor before taking yarrow.
Possible Interactions:

Yarrow may interact with the following medications:

Medications to reduce stomach acid -- Because yarrow may increase the production of stomach acid, it can interfere with both over-the-counter and prescription drugs including:

* Cimetidine (Tagamet)
* Famotidine (Pepcid)
* Ranitidine (Zantac)
* Esomeprazole (Nexium)
* Omeprazole (Prilosec)
* Lansoprazole (Prevacid)

Medications for high blood pressure -- Yarrow may lower blood pressure slightly, and could make the effects of prescription drugs taken to lower blood pressure stronger.

Drugs that cause sleepiness -- Because yarrow is a mild sedative, it can increase the effects of other drugs you take for anxiety or sleepiness. These include:

* Anticonvulsants, such as phenytoin (Dilantin)
* Barbiturates
* Benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam (Xanax) and diazepam (Valium)
* Drugs for insomnia, such as zolpidem (Ambien), zaleplon (Sonata), eszopiclone (Lunesta), ramelteon (Rozerem)

Alternative Names:

Achillea millefolium; Milfoil

* Reviewed last on: 2/17/2009
* Steven D. Ehrlich, NMD, private practice specializing in complementary and alternative medicine, Phoenix, AZ. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.

Supporting Research

Blumenthal M, Goldberg A, Brinckmann J. Herbal Medicine: Expanded Commission E Monographs. Newton, MA: Integrative Medicine Communications; 2000:419-423.

Boswell-Ruys CL, Ritchie HE, Brown-Woodman PD. Preliminary screening study of reproductive outcomes after exposure to yarrow in the pregnant rat. Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol. 2003;68(5):416-20.

Cavalcanti AM, Baggio CH, Freitas CS, Rieck L, de Sousa RS, Da Silva-Santos JE, et al.Safety and antiulcer efficacy studies of Achillea millefolium L. after chronic treatment in Wistar rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Sep 19;107(2):277-84.

Dalsenter PR, Cavalcanti AM, Andrade AJ, Araujo SL, Marques MC. Reproductive evaluatioin of aqueous crude extract of Achillea millefolium L. (Asteraceae) in Wistar rats. Reprod Toxicol. 2004;18(6):819-23.

Ernst E, ed. The Desktop Guide to Complementary and Alternative Medicine: An Evidence-Based Approach. New York, NY: Mosby; 2001:171.

Final report on the safety assessment of Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) Extract. Int J Toxicol. 2001;20 Suppl 2:79-84. Review.

Foster S, Tyler V. Tyler's Honest Herbal: A Sensible Guide to the Use of Herbs and Related Remedies. 4th ed. New York, NY: the Haworth Herbal Press;1999:105-108

Hausen BM. A 6-year experience with compositae mix. Am J Contact Dermat. 1996;7(2):94-99.

Karamenderes C, Apaydin S. Antispasmodic effect of Achillea nobilis L. subsp. sipylea (O. Schwarz) Bassler on the rat isolated duodenum. J Ethnopharmacol. 2003 Feb;84(2-3):175-9.

Newall C, Anderson L, Phillipson J. Herbal Medicines: A Guide for Health-care Professionals. London: Pharmaceutical Press; 1996:271-273.

Rakel D. Rakel: Integrative Medicine, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA; Elsevier Inc.2008.

Rohloff J, Skagen EB, Steen AH, Iversen TH. Production of yarrow (Achillea millefolium L.) in Norway: essential oil content and quality. Agric Food Chem. 2000;48(12):6205-6209.

Rotblatt M, Ziment I. Evidence-Based Herbal Medicine. Philadelphia, Penn: Hanley & Belfus, Inc.; 2002:369-371.

Stojanovic G, Radulovic N, Hashimoto T, Palic R. In vitro antimicrobial activity of extracts of four Achillea species: the composition of Achillea clavennae L. (Asteraceae) extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):185-90.

Van der Weijden GA, The effect of herbal extracts in an experimental mouthrinse on established plaque and gingivitis. J Clin Periodontol. 1998;25(5):3099-410.

White L, Mavor S. Kids, Herbs, Health. Loveland, Colo: Interweave Press;1998:22, 43.

Yaeesh S, Jamal Q, Khan AU, Gilani AH. Studies on hepatoprotective, antispasmodic and calcium antagonist activities of the aqueous-methanol extract of Achillea millefolium. Phytother Res. 2006 Jul;20(7):546-51.
http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/yarrow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) has been scientifically shown to kill all gram positive and gram negative bacteria. A small spray bottle of the tincture of the flowering tops can be used to spray the inside of the nose, killing any bacteria lurking there. Spraying tincture in your nose does sting a little and makes the eyes water, but don’t dilute it, the alcohol is antibacterial too.”
http://vran.org/alternatives/alternativ ... -diseases/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Re: The Plague - i.e. purple spots

Post by TZONE »

I have heard talk about yellowstone also being active again, if so that would cause a desolating scourage upon the world almost instantly Could be nuclear, could be other plagues that are "made" in the labs as well.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

May give whole new meaning to empty midwest....

Science and Technology Directorate Plum Island Animal Disease Center
http://www.dhs.gov/st-piadc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Germs Gone Wild: The Horrific Secrets of Plum Island
http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/governm ... earch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are moving the lab from Plum Island to Manhattan Kansas...

National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility
http://www.dhs.gov/national-bio-and-agr ... e-facility" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

U.S. Moves Ahead on Plan to Sell Plum Island, Home of a Research Laboratory
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/31/nyreg ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As New York’s Plum Island Animal Disease Center begins to shut down, much of its pathogen work will be transferred to Kansas State University’s Biosecurity Research Institute in preparation for the opening of DHS’ new National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF) in nearby Manhattan, Kansas
http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com ... lum-island" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://blogcritics.org/book-review-lab-257-by-michael/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://nbafinkansas.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2012/06/n ... agK88r-Bs4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_B ... e_Facility" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr. Skousen asked President Hinckley, "What will make the gentiles repent?" And President Hinckley replied, "A plague."
The story behind the story of Dr. Skousen is very interesting and I hope will be of some benefit to others. It goes like this:

Dr. Skousen is an avid reader of the Book of Mormon. He read in 3 Nephi chapter 16 and 21 wherein the Savior says that if the Gentiles of the last days don't repent of their sins, among them being the sin of upholding secret combinations, then the remnant of the land, consisting of the lamanites, will go through the Gentiles as a lion among the beasts of the forest and they will destroy the Gentiles. But if they repent, that won't happen.

Well, Dr. Skousen composed a talk about the subject and began telling that talk about how the Lamanites and their cousins, the Mexicans, would come among the Gentiles and destroy them in the last days. And of course, with the talk among Mexican-Americans going around that they say they are going to reclaim southwest America, and call it "Aztlan," there seems to be a lot of evidence that that could happen.

Dr. Skousen told me that one day he heard that a General Authority had heard his talk and began using that talk himself. Who he was, Dr. Skousen never said. But this GA gave that talk a lot for awhile. Then, according to Dr. Skousen, President Hinckley told the GA not to give that talk anymore because that's not the scenario that will play out. President Hinckley told Dr. Skousen that he should go back and read the part in 3 Nephi 21:22 which says, "But if they will repent and hearken unto my words, and harden not their hearts...." then, to summarize, the scenario about the remnant of Jacob going through and destroying them won't happen.

So Dr. Skousen asked President Hinckley, "What will make the gentiles repent?" And President Hinckley replied, "A plague." He was told to go home and read about the plague in Section 29 of the D&C, verses 18 and 19. Then he said, read D&C 112:24-26 about how the plague shall start. Dr. Skousen firmly believed that A would never be invaded from without. However, many people seem to believe that it will have an invasion of Chinese and Russians. Only the future will tell. But this is the story Dr. Skousen told me. (Gumbo)

D&C 29
18 Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them;
19 And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;

D&C 112
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.
25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;
26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20648&p=250648#p248635" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20648&p=250648#p249584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20648&p=250648#p249763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Dutch team’s aim was to create a more powerful and easily transmitted version of the avian flu, a goal that on the face of it seems disquieting and unnecessary: H5N1 as it occurs naturally already is highly potent when it passes from birds to humans.

Fouchier’s team, supported in part by U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH)...

A 2009 Congressional Research Service report on oversight of high-containment biological laboratories noted that “the total amount of planned or existent BSL-4 space in the United States has increased by an estimated twelve-fold since 2004.”
http://www.geneticsandsociety.org/article.php?id=6049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...perhaps crossed with Spanish 1918 Flu -
In 1918, the Spanish Flu swept across the globe killing an estimated 50 to 100 million people. And made just about everyone sick.

Normal life came to a halt in many places. People were often too sick to do much and a lot of the public spaces were shut down to keep the flu from spreading.

So what was so special about this strain? No one knew until this year.

This year, researchers were able to reconstruct the flu's DNA from historical samples including an Alaskan woman who died of the flu nearly 100 years ago. What they found was a little scary.

This flu strain was very similar to the avian flu that has been so deadly in Asia.
http://www.thetech.org/genetics/news.php?id=26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...or the Black Plague -

Scientists sequence Black Death bacteria DNA, admit they were wrong
http://arstechnica.com/science/news/201 ... -wrong.ars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On Tuesday [May 31], the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung reported that [leading German E. coli researcher Helge] Karch had discovered that the O104:H4 bacteria responsible for the current outbreak is a so-called chimera that contains genetic materia from various E. coli bacteria. It also contains DNA sequences from plague bacteria, which makes it particularly pathogenic.

They tell us the “Super bug E. coli 0104:H” is terrorizing Germany, causing otherwise healthy people to develop Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome (HUS) in which their kidneys fail, their red blood cells explode and then, tragically, they die.
http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... lague-dna/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...now you've got something that is highly contagious and near as lethal as such a thing could be devised.....hitting a population living on processed pap and damaged or nearly destroyed gut flora. Rotting eyes and tongues, exploding cells, organ failure, purple spots, etc etc etc.

...the plague & quarantine

July 11, 2003:
The Texas researchers wrote in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine that scientists are close to completing the blueprint of the 1918 Spanish Flu (search) that killed 20-40 million people around the world, including half a million in the United States. That blueprint, they said, could provide the recipe for terrorists looking for a deadly weapon.
http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/001471.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The recreation of one of the deadliest diseases known could help us to prevent another pandemic. Or it might trigger one, say critics. Andreas von Bubnoff investigates whether the benefits outweigh the risks.

October 6, 2005:
It is thought to have killed 50 million people, and yet scientists have brought it back to life. In this issue of Nature, scientists publish an analysis of the full genome sequence of the 1918 human influenza virus.
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 7794a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

November 9, 2005:
Scientists who re-created the 1918 Spanish flu say the killer virus was initially a bird flu that learned to infect people. Alarmingly, they find that today's H5N1 bird flu is starting to learn the same tricks.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,171329,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The bacterium blamed for the Black Death that wiped out more than a third of Europe's population within about five years of the 14th century looks an awful lot like the modern versions of the plague-causing bug, new genetic research indicates.

October 13, 2011:
By taking the now-powdery black pulp out of the teeth of plague victims buried in London's East Smithfield Cemetery — a cemetery established solely to handle the onslaught of the Black Death once it arrived in the city in 1348 — researchers have managed to reconstruct the entire genetic blueprint, or genome, of the bacterium blamed for the devastation.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/10/1 ... rn-plague/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them.
Amen.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testam ... ng#primary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And blessed are the Gentiles, they of whom the prophet has written; for behold, if it so be that they shall repent and fight not against Zion, and do not unite themselves to that great and abominable church, they shall be saved; for the Lord God will fulfil his covenants which he has made unto his children; and for this cause the prophet has written these things.

Wherefore, they that fight against Zion and the covenant people of the Lord shall lick up the dust of their feet; and the people of the Lord shall not be ashamed. For the people of the Lord are they who wait for him; for they still wait for the coming of the Messiah.

And behold, according to the words of the prophet, the Messiah will set himself again the second time to recover them; wherefore, he will manifest himself unto them in power and great glory, unto the destruction of their enemies, when that day cometh when they shall believe in him; and none will he destroy that believe in him.

And they that believe not in him shall be destroyed, both by fire, and by tempest, and by earthquakes, and by bloodsheds, and by pestilence, and by famine. And they shall know that the Lord is God, the Holy One of Israel.

For shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?

But thus saith the Lord: Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered; for the Mighty God shall deliver his covenant people. For thus saith the Lord: I will contend with them that contendeth with thee—

And I will feed them that oppress thee, with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood as with sweet wine; and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Savior and thy Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/6?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

I did not read through all the post but I just wanted to say that the purple spots will likely be some sort of hemorrhagic fever.
The purple spots are caused from the blood vessels and capillaries bursting- you will essentially bleed to death.
Definately a bad scourge!

I imagine purple spots could be inflicted by anything that would cause internal bleeding. Radiation? Dont know.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

In May 2009, DARPA initiated the Blue Angel effort to identify ongoing programs to assist in the Government-wide response to the H1N1 pandemic. The Blue Angel program is an accelerated and integrated effort to deliver effective interventions for pandemic influenza. Blue Angel brings together the following technologies to form a comprehensive approach in response to a pandemic influenza or manmade outbreak: Predicting Health and Disease (PHD), a program to predict and diagnose individuals exposed to influenza before they are symptomatic; Modular IMmune In vitro Constructs (MIMIC®), a program to identify safe and effective treatments in a test tube; and Accelerated Manufacture of Pharmaceuticals (AMP), a capability for rapidly mass producing low-cost, vaccine-grade recombinant protein that has the potential for scale up to tens of millions of doses per month. In response to the 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic, Blue Angel programs are currently in a "live-fire test" to demonstrate a flexible and agile capability for the Defense Department to rapidly react and neutralize any natural or intentional pandemic disease.
http://www.darpa.mil/Our_Work/DSO/Progr ... EL%29.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Medicago (TSX: MDG), a biotechnology company that develops flu vaccines from tobacco plants, has received a milestone payment of $3.8 million from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.

This is the second payment from $21 million that DARPA, an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense, has awarded to Medicago to develop scalable manufacturing of its plant-based Virus-Like Particles vaccine system.
http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/new ... -from.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Vaccinating susceptible populations during the initial stage of a pandemic is critical to containment,” said Dr. Alan Magill, DARPA program manager. “We’re looking at plant-based solutions to vaccine production as a more rapid and efficient alternative to the standard egg-based technologies, and the research is very promising.”
http://www.darpa.mil/NewsEvents/Release ... 07/25.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Alan Magill oversees the development and implementation of strategies for the foundation’s ultimate goal of the eradication of malaria using current tools and strategies as well as developing new generations of vaccines, diagnostics, and anti-malarial therapies to be used in novel and innovative ways.

Before joining the Global Health Program in 2012, Dr. Magill worked at the Defense Advanced Research Program Agency (DARPA), and was responsible for accelerating program development for their pandemic influenza initiative. Dr. Magill has also served as Head of Parasitology at the US Navy’s Medical Research Center in Peru and has lived in Germany, where he was a clinician.
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/who-we-a ... lan-magill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is a founding member of the GAVI Alliance (Global Alliance for Vaccinations and Immunization) in partnership with the World Bank, WHO and the vaccine industry. The goal of GAVI is to vaccinate every newborn child in the developing world.2

Now that sounds like noble philanthropic work. The problem is that the vaccine industry has been repeatedly caught dumping dangerous―meaning unsafe because untested or proven harmful―vaccines onto unwitting Third World populations when they cannot get rid of the vaccines in the West.3 Some organizations have suggested that the true aim of the vaccinations is to make people sicker and even more susceptible to disease and premature death.4
http://oilgeopolitics.net/Swine_Flu/Gat ... cines.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The DMI is part of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, Australia's premier biomedical research faculty, which has attracted more national peer-reviewed medical research funding than any other medical and health sciences faculty in the country. The DMI has 92 academic staff including 11 full Professors, 2 Emeritus Professors and 48 professional staff.

The DMI is a highly successful research Department, benchmarked as the best of its kind in Australia. It receives strong research support from the Australian Government, industry and other sources, including overseas funding agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health in the USA and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

http://www.doherty.unimelb.edu.au/dmi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Stephen Moses

Main research and programmatic interests include biological and behavioural risk factors for STI/HIV transmission; syndromic approaches and risk assessment in the management of STIs; targeted interventions to reduce the transmission of STIs and HIV infection; health worker training in STI management in resource-poor settings; and integrated approaches to STI/HIV prevention and control.

Active Projects:

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. “Scaling up HIV prevention in Karnataka and southern Maharashtra, Phase II”.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. “Monitoring and evaluation of the Avahan project in India : impact assessment and cost-effectiveness analyses using enhanced surveillance methods and mathematical modeling of HIV transmission dynamics”.
United States Agency for International Development. “Enhance Karnataka: integrated HIV/AIDS prevention and care in India”.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. “Scaling up treatment, care and support services for people living with HIV/AIDS in Maharashtra and Karnataka”.
National Aids Control Organisation of India. “Technical Support Unit for the management of targeted interventions and other civil society initiatives in Karnataka”.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. “Technical assistance to improve maternal, neonatal and child health outcomes through the National Rural Health Mission in Karnataka, India”.
World Bank. “Social Mapping of Vulnerable Populations for HIV Infection in the Maldives”.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research. “CIHR Team in the socio-cultural aspects of implementing HIV vaccine programs among MSM and FSWs in Asia and Africa”.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. “Impact assessment of HIV prevention programming in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka: the Charme II project”.
World Bank. “Technical support to design, implement and monitor HIV prevention programs for FSWs and MSM in Sri Lanka”, 2010-2011, USD $69,600.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research. “International infectious diseases and global health training program: four continents, one shared experience”.
http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/medicine/ ... Moses.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am a clinical microbiologist with a particular interest in tuberculosis and in developing and testing point of care diagnostics suitable for the developing world. My joint position with the University of Cape Town and the National Health Laboratory Service of South Africa affords me the opportunity to coordinate the activities of a research group involved in a range of clinical and laboratory based studies with a clinical and laboratory team involved directly in patient diagnosis and care. This interface between research and diagnostic laboratories is a major strength of the Division and provides an excellent platform for clinical laboratory research relevant to the developing world.

Funding:

April 2011-March 2014
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Drakenstein Child Health Study
Total local costs: $7,000,000
Role: Co-investigator and Microbiology PI
http://www.idm.uct.ac.za/mnicol/research.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A high-security laboratory where deadly microbes are being grown by scientists seeking defenses against terrorist attacks began operating in Livermore last week without public announcement, and opponents said Friday that they will go to federal court in an effort to close the facility down.

Built inside the closed campus of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, the facility has been controversial ever since it was first proposed by homeland security officials more than five years ago.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/T ... 296441.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
H5N1: Real Potential for Influenza Pandemic

The study by Dr. Smith and colleagues received funding from Wellcome, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and a National Institutes of Health Director's Pioneer Award.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/766150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alarm as Dutch lab creates highly contagious killer flu

A senior source close to the Biosecurity board, who wished to remain anonymous, told The Independent that the National Institutes of Health, which funded the work, is about to make a decision on how much of the scientific paper on the H5N1 super strain should be published, and how much held back.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 79474.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

List of murdered scientists...
http://www.apfn.org/apfN/scientists.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The mysterious deaths of top microbiologists
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... gists.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Top Microbiologist Killed In Kenya; Worked For Clinton Foundation
http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2013/09 ... 05848.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She had completed her dissertation research on malaria in eastern Africa and was working with the Gates Foundation in Kenya and the Clinton Health Access Initiative in Tanzania.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/kenya-mall-sta ... ml#3wIe85u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kobe University lab creates 'novel' H5N1 in 'secret' lab
http://www.legitgov.org/Kobe-University ... secret-lab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Microsoft founder and one of the world’s wealthiest men, Bill Gates, projects an image of a benign philanthropist using his billions via His (tax exempt) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to tackle diseases, solve food shortages in Africa and alleviate poverty. In a conference In California, Gates reveals a less public agenda of his philanthropy—population reduction, otherwise known as eugenics.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, along with David Rockefeller’s Rockefeller Foundation, the creators of the GMO biotechnology, are Also financing a project called The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) headed by former UN chief, Kofi Annan. Accepting the Role as AGRA head in June 2007 Annan expressed his “gratitude to the Rockefeller Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and All others who support our African campaign.” The AGRA board is dominated by people from both the Gates’ and Rockefeller foundations.

Monsanto, DuPont, Dow, Syngenta and other major GMO agribusiness giants are reported at the heart of AGRA, using it as a back-door To spread their patented GMO seeds across Africa under the deceptive label, ‘bio-technology,’ a euphemism for genetically engineered Patented seeds. The person from the Gates Foundation responsible for its work with AGRA is Dr. Robert Horsch, a 25-year Monsanto GMO veteran who was on the team that developed Monsanto’s RoundUp Ready GMO technologies. His job is reportedly to use Gates’ Money to introduce GMO into Africa.
http://healthfreedoms.org/2011/10/03/wh ... the-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...on a side note(s)...
North Texas man dies of swine flu; could be 'mystery illness' from Houston

"Every breath was a struggle for him,” she recalled. “Every single breath. And I woke him up at 11:30, and his lips were purple and his fingers were purple, and he was like a green color -- like he was just changing colors."

Ashley said she insisted they go immediately to the emergency room. Dustin was admitted to Baylor Grapevine on Nov. 25, placed on life support in the ICU, and strapped into a rotating bed that helps break up fluid in the lungs from pneumonia.

At first, flu tests were inconclusive.

"The second time they checked him, he came back positive for Influenza A, Influenza B,” Wright said.

Dustin suffered kidney failure, which has been associated with severe cases of H1N1 Type A, or swine flu. He had no known underlying medical conditions.
http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Nor ... 58201.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merck issues voluntary recall of 743,360 vials of Gardasil HPV vaccine
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/12/2 ... l-vaccine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Record levels of radiation at Fukushima detected
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/12/22 ... -detected/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Test results returned Friday that showed the cause of death for three men, ages 45, 50 and 53, was the H1N1 influenza virus, said the agency's spokeswoman Tricia Bentley. One man died Nov. 28, another died the next day and the last man died on Dec. 9

The above comments indicate there will be an explosion of H1N1pdm09 deaths the Houston area in the upcoming weeks. Focus on severe flu was initiated by the 8 cases at the Conroe Regional Medical Center in Montgomery County (see map). These cases had textbook swine flu symptoms, but tested negative on a rapid test, which has an extremely low sensitivity for H1N1pdm09. Two cases have been confirmed using a more sensitive PCR test administered by an independent agency and the remaining cases are being re-tested by the CDC. Swine flu accounts for almost all of the influenza being reported in Texas and nationwide, so physicians in Texas have been told to assume symptomatic cases are H1N1pdm09 infected, even if the rapid test is negative.
http://www.recombinomics.com/News/12211 ... plode.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas Issues Influenza Health Alert
Recombinomics Commentary 16:30
December 21, 2013
INFLUENZA HEALTH ALERT

influenza is now widespread

When there is clinical suspicion of influenza and antiviral treatment is indicated, antiviral treatment should be started as soon as possible, even if the result of the RIDT is negative, without waiting for results of additional influenza testing.

Decisions about starting antiviral treatment should not wait for laboratory confirmation of influenza.
http://www.recombinomics.com/News/12211 ... Alert.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A US vaccine company has applied for permission to infect up to one thousand individuals, including children, with genetically modified live bacteria contained in an oral vaccine. PaxVax recently submitted their application for permission to begin the first of three international clinical trials for the new oral cholera vaccine “via oral ingestion of the GMOs”. [1]

PaxVax claims to have several safeguards in place to “restrict the spread and persistence of the GMOs and their introduced genetic material” during this clinical trial. That precaution itself should lead any parent to question the wisdom of administering genetically modified live bacteria to their child.
http://vactruth.com/2013/12/06/gmo-vaccines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

The Book of Mormon warns us about the reality of desolating wars (ie Nephites and Jaredites last stand). Also, the City of Ammoniah

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

...and purple spots!

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Doesn't cause purple spots...needs some more tweaking & engineering...maybe the NBAF in Manhattan, Kansas will get the contract???

http://www.nationaljournal.com/daily/co ... s-20140129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So it is absolutely mind-boggling that Homeland Security has decided to move the lab, to be known as the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility, to the Kansas State University campus in Manhattan, Kansas, smack in the middle of cattle country and Tornado Alley. Builders recently broke ground on the brand-new $1.25 billion dollar facility, which is set to be fully operational in 2022.
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... earch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dhs.gov/science-and-technolo ... e-facility" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scientists have reconstructed the genetic code of the deadly 1918 "Spanish flu," which swept the globe and killed an estimated 20 to 40 million people. Among their findings: The 1918 virus strain developed in birds and was similar to the "bird flu" that today has spurred fears of another worldwide epidemic.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... d_flu.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Reuters) - Scientists have mapped out the entire genetic map of the Black Death, a 14th century bubonic plague that killed 50 million Europeans in one of the most devastating epidemics in history.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/ ... D220111012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The genetic code of the germ that caused the Black Death has been reconstructed by scientists for the first time.
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-15278366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Building 257, also known as Lab 257, was a United States biological warfare research laboratory located at Fort Terry on Plum Island, New York. Originally intended for munitions storage, the facility researched anti-animal biological agents beginning in 1952 under the United States Army. Biological warfare research continued in the building under the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) until a new laboratory was completed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_257" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Germ Laboratory
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... rpunchmaga" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Devil Unit 731 on steroids???
A high-level government research laboratory for the study of deadly animal diseases that is housed on a remote island to lessen the chance of spreading disease is being moved. In contrast to the old site, the new facility is vulnerable to tornado damage and makes it likely that diseases will be released into the environment. The $1.25 billion National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF) will be operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on the campus of Kansas State University in Manhattan. It’s replacing a facility located on Plum Island, off New York’s Long Island. Laura Kahn at the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists wrote “it is absolutely mind-boggling that Homeland Security has decided to move the lab … smack in the middle of cattle country and Tornado Alley.” Kahn says the facility will “include a biosafety level 4 lab, meaning one designed to handle deadly and exotic pathogens for which no vaccines or treatments exist. Not surprisingly, there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the lab’s move to Kansas. Ranchers and farmers in the area are understandably worried, while local officials are eager for the jobs and investments the lab will bring.”
http://www.allgov.com/news/us-and-the-w ... ews=856759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why doesn't the federal government realize what a fabulous natural resource it has in Plum Island and turn this 840-acre treasure in Long Island Sound into a wildlife sanctuary and national park?
http://www.courant.com/opinion/editoria ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is now in charge of the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility on Plum Island and is shutting down operations there and moving the laboratory to Manhattan, Kansas.

As soon as the new lab is operational, Plum Island will go to the highest bidder. But the General Services Administration, which is in charge of the sale, says it will start a new marketing push now.

Plum Island has a storied past as well as an uncertain future.

It was purchased from local Indians in 1650 by Samuel Willis III, the son of a Connecticut governor, for a coat, a barrel of biscuits and 100 fishhooks. The U.S. government bought the island from private owners in 1899, paying about $90,000.

It was used as an Army base called Fort Terry until 1954, when it was turned into an animal disease facility. The federal government decided to close the facility in 2008 and build a larger, more sophisticated laboratory.

Of particular note is a well-maintained 55,000 square-foot-glass and concrete administration building constructed in 1994. In addition to over 4 miles of existing paved roadway and 8 miles of gravel roadway, the island offers strength in its utility connections and capacity…”

Amenities touted by the GSA include undersea cables from Long Island for power and communication, an on-site power plant, a wastewater decontamination plant and an extensive well water supply.

Workers and anyone else given permission to visit the island take a ferry from Old Saybrook or from Orient Point. About 9.5 acres and the ferry landing at Orient Point are included in the sale.

One person who has publicly shown interest in the island is billionaire developer and GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump who has suggested he might pay $100 million for it. He thinks it would be a great site for a golf course.

The GSA has said there's a lot of interest in the island, but the agency and the Department of Homeland Security "have yet to finalize any terms and conditions of the sale."
http://ctmirror.org/2015/10/16/a-new-pu ... land-sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kansas State University — where a controversial $1.25 billion biosecurity lab facility is under construction — secretly faced federal sanctions last year after repeatedly violating safety regulations during its research with bioterror pathogens, records obtained by USA TODAY show.

The regulatory action against Kansas State is of particular importance because the university’s campus in Manhattan is the site of the federal government’s new National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF), which held a groundbreaking ceremony in May. Construction of the 570,000-square-foot facility has faced years of delays and controversy because of concerns about whether research on some of the world’s most dangerous agricultural diseases can be done safely in farm country and near herds of livestock.

Although the NBAF will be an independently run Department of Homeland Security facility when it opens around 2022, the university has publicized on its website that Kansas State’s labs already are being used to “jump-start” research that “will eventually transition” to the new federal facility. Transition research underway includes studies of Rift Valley fever, a mosquito-borne disease that can cause abortions in livestock and fatal infections in people; Japanese encephalitis, another mosquito-borne disease that can cause reproductive problems in pigs and serious and sometimes fatal brain infections in people; and Classical swine fever, a potentially deadly pig disease.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /31075709/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He’s setting up a breeding facility in Manhattan, Kansas, just for ticks. Soon he’ll be rearing thousands of the tiny arachnids, trying to learn more about how they harbor and spread sickness to humans and animals, The Kansas City Star (http://bit.ly/1GlmDVB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) reported.

Ticks are responsible for the spread of more than a dozen diseases in people, including some that can be fatal.

“We have no vaccines for most of the pathogens,” said Ganta, a professor at Kansas State University and director of its Center of Excellence for Vector-Borne Diseases.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bill Gates and Melinda Foundation is working on a birth control chip that can be remote controlled. The birth control chip can be implanted into people’s body – in hip, inside arms or even beneath the back – and can be used for 16 years. The research on birth control chip was kept a secret until now, before the spokesperson for Bill Gates and Melinda Foundation confirmed that the beta testing for the birth control chip would be starting towards the end of this year and that they need volunteers to assist in real life testing of the chip.

At the core of the Bill Gates and Melinda Foundation’s birth control pill is the huge reservoir that can hold almost two decades worth of hormones. A quantity of 30 micrograms of the stored hormones will be released daily into the body so that the ladies are safe and do not get pregnant. The release of hormones will be done by melting a part of solid hormonal stock using a small electric shock which won’t be noticed by humans.

The safety tests would begin by the end of year 2015 and Robert Langer is confident that the chips will hit market sometime in 2018. The main target of these chips are women in third world who are often subject to pain and risks of death during early pregnancies. This chip will also help couples plan a better parenting pattern as chances of things going wrong would be much less than any other contraceptives available in the market as of now.
http://news.thewindowsclub.com/bill-gat ... hip-78981/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bill Gates interview: I have no use for money. This is God’s work

Gates does not usually speak in religious terms, and has traditionally danced around the issue of God. His wife, a Roman Catholic, is less defensive on that topic but ploughs her own furrow, encouraging contraception when necessary, in contradiction to teaching from Rome.

For Gates, though, polio is a totem. The abolition of the disease will be a headline-grabber, spurring countries on to greater efforts. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will spend $1.8 billion in the next six years to accomplish that goal, almost a third of the global effort.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/b ... -work.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The world today has 6.8 billion people... that's headed up to about 9 billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent.
- Bill Gates 2010 TED Presentation
http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=A155D ... 536575C723" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Experts call WHO & Bill Gates Foundation's role in India's polio eradication campaign unethical
http://pharmabiz.com/NewsDetails.aspx?aid=68352&sid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

California Governor Jerry Brown signed a mandatory school vaccination bill into law Tuesday, abolishing the “personal belief” exemption that many parents use as a loophole to avoid vaccinating their children.
http://time.com/3941832/jerry-brown-signs-vaccine-law/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(NaturalNews) California just went from being one of the freest states in the nation to one of the most oppressive, at least from the perspective of medical freedom. Following its rapid passage through the state legislature, Senate Bill 277 to eliminate personal vaccine exemptions has officially been signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown, a move that's prompted many parents to begin looking for refuge in nearby states where vaccination exemptions are still legally recognized.
http://www.naturalnews.com/050271_SB_27 ... utism.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

COMEDIAN Jim Carrey is not laughing. The Dumb and Dumber star has gone on a Twitter tirade against California Governor Jerry Brown after the Democrat signed into law one of America’s strictest immunisation laws. Under the bill, all school-age children to be vaccinated by kindergarten and then again by seventh grade. There are some exemptions, for example if children have a medical exemption or if they are home schooled.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/p ... 7424483483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Back in 2009, the global H1N1 (swine flu) outbreak was the cause of a lot of concern. But while many public health officials were focused on the flu itself, a team of neuroscientists led by researchers at Stanford University noticed something strange: That year saw a huge uptick in the number of people diagnosed with narcolepsy, a sleep disorder famous for causing its sufferers to be rendered unconscious for several minutes during unpredictable “sleep attacks.” They suspected that the flu vaccines, which were being deployed in high numbers worldwide, might have had something to do with it. People vaccinated with one in particular, called Pandemrix, showed particularly high levels, and the researchers sought to figure out why. Their study, published today in Science Translational Medicine, could shed new light on what causes narcolepsy, which is still poorly understood.

Pandemrix and a similar vaccine, Focetria, were formulated from two different strains of the swine flu virus. The virus contains a protein that has a similar structure to a receptor for hypocretin, a hormone that regulates sleep and wakefulness. (Narcolepsy destroys the cells that make this hormone.) And while both Pandemrix and Focetria contained the protein, Focetria had about 75 percent less of the protein. This led the researchers to hypothesize that the antibodies that the body was producing to fight the flu could also be combatting the hypocretin receptor and causing narcolepsy. The researchers confirmed this idea by testing 20 people who had received the Pandemrix vaccine—17 of them had elevated levels of antibodies targeting the hypocretin receptor. None of the six people tested who received Focetria had the same antibodies.
http://www.popsci.com/swine-flu-vaccine ... epsy-cases" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services secretly paid out over a billion dollars in improper hospital claims earlier last month, despite auditors labeling them unnecessary previously. The payments, which were quietly announced on June 1 by CMS, totaled $1.3 billion and involved 1,900 hospitals and 300,000 claims that had been already denied by CMS auditors on two different levels as medically unnecessary.
http://freebeacon.com/issues/cms-secretive-settlement/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MERS Outbreak Update: 183 Infected, 32 Dead In South Korea From Deadly Middle East Respiratory Virus
http://www.ibtimes.com/mers-outbreak-up ... ry-1993217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“How do you go from being healthy to waking up the next day with cancer?” she said before sobbing, according to the newspaper.

Some types of cancers are among the illnesses covered by the Sept. 11 compensation fund, but it is unclear whether there is a link between the disease and the wreckage and debris left after the attacks. A 2012 study by the New York City health department found no clear link.

But last September, just a month after Borders was diagnosed with cancer, three former members of the New York City fire department who had responded to the World Trade Center died on the same day. All three suffered from cancer.
http://inhomelandsecurity.com/911-dust- ... of-cancer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

1918 Influenza [H1N1]: the Mother of All Pandemics
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/12/1/pdfs/05-0979.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gene from 1918 virus proves key to virulent influenza
http://news.wisc.edu/gene-from-1918-vir ... influenza/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The new study, conducted at the Public Health Agency of Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg, Manitoba, utilized the 1918 flu virus, which has been reconstructed by researchers using genes obtained from the tissues of victims of the great pandemic in a reverse genetics process that enables scientists to make fully functioning viruses.
http://news.wisc.edu/study-uncovers-a-l ... nza-virus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In 2005 and into the summer of 2006, researchers at the University of Wisconsin at Madison (UW) made and manipulated copies of the entire Ebola virus genome without proper safety precautions. Although federal safety rules required a maximum protection Biosafety Level Four (BSL-4) lab for the research, UW allowed it to proceed at the much less safe and secure BSL-3 level.
http://primateresearch.blogspot.com/200 ... onsin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The University of Wisconsin researcher who’s worked to develop a vaccine for Ebola said Monday that the vaccine has shown promising results and could even enter the clinical trial phrase in two years. Professor Yoshihiro Kawaoka’s vaccine is comprised of a strain of the Ebola virus called Ebola VP30. The strain lacks the gene that allows the virus to replicate in normal cells so the virus cannot grow.
https://badgerherald.com/news/2015/04/2 ... a-vaccine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yoshihiro Kawaoka
http://www.vetmed.wisc.edu/people/kawaokay/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robert Shope has devoted his career to the study of viruses carried by mosquitoes, ticks, and other biting insects. These viruses can cause life-threatening diseases in humans such as malaria, dengue and yellow fevers, and encephalitis. Since receiving hi s medical degree in 1954 from Cornell University, he has spent many years in Malaysia, Brazil, and other tropical sites studying these insect-borne diseases. He was a Professor of Epidemiology at Yale University's School of Medicine from 1975 to 1995, an d served as the Director of the Yale Arbovirus Research Unit. During that period he was awarded many honors, including the Walter Reed Award from the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. He is presently a Professor in the Departments of Path ology and Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Texas Medical Branch.
http://clinton2.nara.gov/Initiatives/Cl ... pe-56.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Treatment of a Laboratory-Acquired Sabiá Virus Infection
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NE ... 8033330505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the Nazi sci­en­tists [SS member] who appears to have been involved with Plum Island was Dr. Erich Traub, who was in charge of the Third Reich’s viro­log­i­cal and bac­te­ri­o­log­i­cal war­fare pro­gram in World War II
http://spitfirelist.com/for-the-record/ ... raub-file/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...Operation Paperclip....and follow the careers of the top researchers led by Dr. Traub at Plum Island (Robert E. Shope, C. E. Gordon Smith , Pat Webb, Ben Elisberg) for more insight...

Here's a starter on Pat Webb-
http://download.springer.com/static/pdf ... 08a72ac308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Coming Plague
http://lauriegarrett.com/the-coming-plague/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Next Pandemic? Scientists have long forecast the appearance of an influenza virus capable of infecting 40 percent of the world's human population and killing unimaginable numbers. Recently, a new strain, H5N1 avian influenza, has shown all the earmarks of becoming that disease.
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles ... t-pandemic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Homeland Defense Food Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness Program
http://bri.ksu.edu/about/1999%20Homelan ... rogram.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bio-security: potentialthreats and preparedness
http://www.ibiopark.com/index.php/cmr/a ... wFile/1/10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Biosecurity Engagement Program
http://www.biosecurity.sandia.gov/ibtr/ ... tion-2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Microsoft plutocrat Bill Gates made the following controversial remarks, before the TED2010 conference, “First we got population. The world today has 6.8 billion people. That’s headed up to about 9 billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent.”

In May, 2009, The London Times reported that some of the “richest people in the world met in New York to discuss their favorite causes.” The group included Bill Gates, David Rockefeller, Ted Turner, Oprah Winfrey, Warren Buffett, George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. They evidently came to a consensus that they should spend their money on efforts to reduce the world’s population. As the Times informed us, “The meeting took place at the home of Sir Paul Nurse, a British Nobel Prize winning biochemist, and president of Rockefeller University,” and that Gates had organized the gathering. In February of 2009, Gates had unveiled a diabolical project to reduce the world’s population by one billion, which would eliminate one out of every nine persons on the planet.

This kind of stuff has always been on Gates’ mind; in a 2003 interview with former LBJ aide turned journalist Bill Moyers, Gates said, “Well if you improve health, aren’t you just dooming people to deal with such a lack of resources where they won’t be educated or they won’t have enough food? You know, sort of a Malthusian view of what would take place.” Clearly, Gates was quite familiar with Thomas Malthus, who was one of the first notables to speculate about the necessity of all those “useless eaters” taking up valuable resources. Gates also grew up in an environment conducive to this line of thought, as his father was once head of Planned Parenthood.

The stark, terrifying nature of the eugenicist mindset was probably best expressed by Zbigniew Brzezinski, in a November 17, 2008 speech to Chatham House, which is the British version of the Council on Foreign Relations. “In early times,” Brzezinski declared, “it was easier to control a million people, literally it was easier to control a million people than physically to kill a million people. Today, it is infinitely easier to kill a million people than to control a million people. It is easier to kill than to control…” Again, what innocent explanation is there for this recurrent theme? Why do our leaders continually talk about eliminating large numbers of human beings?

https://donaldjeffries.wordpress.com/tag/eugenics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The meeting at the home of Sir Paul Nurse, a British Nobel Prize-winning biochemist and president of Rockefeller University, was the inspiration of Gates and took place three weeks ago.

"The informal afternoon session was so discreet that some of the billionaires' aides were told they were at 'security briefings,'" the Times reported today.
http://www.wnd.com/2009/05/99105/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://pagesix.com/2009/05/21/super-mog ... et-summit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7628545&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/secret ... tml?page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/30851839/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sir Paul Maxime Nurse FRS FREng (born 25 January 1949), is an English geneticist, former President of the Royal Society and Chief Executive and Director of the Francis Crick Institute.[6][7][8] He was awarded the 2001 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine along with Leland Hartwell and Tim Hunt for their discoveries of protein molecules that control the division (duplication) of cells in the cell cycle.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Nurse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Wow, good stuff Jason! Pretty scary. When you think about the different scenarios that might play out it would be very easy for the line between the efforts to control/eradicate disease and to use disease as a weapon to get really blurry really fast. Throw in the mix a few "bad actors" and you have exactly what the scriptures say is going to happen.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Maybe it was a vision of the trailer for "Purple Rain." Sitting through it for 2 hours seemed like a plague.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Jason: Have you ever considered that this plague could possibly be a spiritual plague that destroys the soul and not a disease that destroys the mortal body?

porn
socialism
indocrinating the masses that good is evil and evil is good
glorifying immorality
drugs, alcohol
seeking riches
abortion

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

That also sounds like a perfectly reasonable possibility. Seers saw a vision, and it wouldn't be the first time a parable (of one sort or another) was given.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

durangout wrote:Jason: Have you ever considered that this plague could possibly be a spiritual plague that destroys the soul and not a disease that destroys the mortal body?

porn
socialism
indocrinating the masses that good is evil and evil is good
glorifying immorality
drugs, alcohol
seeking riches
abortion
Interesting thought and but no I hadn't considered...based on the following scriptures (and some visions which won't post again):
Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them;

And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testa ... 9?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testa ... 5?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very interesting perspective though!

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

Every time I read this verse(and others like it):

"And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets"

I am reminded of those stupid zombie shows that seem to be everywhere; shows that leave me stumped as to why anyone would watch them.
I can't count the people in my ward that go nuts over Walking Dead.
No thanks, not for me.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

capctr wrote:Every time I read this verse(and others like it):

"And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets"

I am reminded of those stupid zombie shows that seem to be everywhere; shows that leave me stumped as to why anyone would watch them.
I can't count the people in my ward that go nuts over Walking Dead.
No thanks, not for me.
I agree with you...not much a fan of the movies. Started WW Z a week or so ago and shut if off after about 15 minutes. No desire to wade through that stuff.

Its interesting to me though regarding that wide spread fascination. This whole attachment to zombies as of late (past 5 or 6 years)...whole marketing segment now pretty much devoted to zombie killing tools.

Hollywood has done a buildup over time of the disease/plague aspect that has been building up over time. Over a dozen movies off the top of my head...in the past maybe 8 years.

Then I see the correlation with the scientific side and makes me wonder...

And the scriptural aspects as well as some dreams & visions...

Cleon Skousen certainly latched on to it in "The Cleansing of America" which after reading the thought resonated hard with me...as seen by my subsequent posts on here. I feel the plague is a very effective tool at elimination by segregating and isolating people rather than bringing them together (conspiring and ganging up on the righteous via force). People subsist on their food storage until its over (quarantine)...then pick up the pieces. Won't be quite that rosy but overall on a macro scale more or less compared to nukes, EMDs, massive disasters, foreign invasion, etc. Not to rule those out and likely all pieces of the final picture...but something has to wipe out the wicked majority without wiping out the righteous in the process (separation of wheat from tares).

People's overall health in general is in a pretty rapid decline. Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, antibiotics, preservatives, vaccines, cannibalism, toxins, and in general the great degree of processed pap manufactured at the lowest possible cost and marketed (and consumed) by the people. Something has to break...

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

The funny thing is my buddy who lives across the street(who proudly proclaims himself the only polish, Catholic bachelor in Utah) recently visited the homeland(his parents came to the USA when he was in early teens, and had to leave him behind to prevent defection...then smuggled him out just before the "fall" of the iron curtain), and couldn't get over how much better EVERYTHING tasted back in what is considered a 2nd world country at best.
I told him it was better ingredients and no processed garbage.
Sigh! Wish I knew how to get better ingredients.

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on November 13th, 2016, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them.
Amen.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testam ... ng#primary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Analyzing
captain of 100

Post by Analyzing »

This area of the forum is not where my interests and concerns tend to be. Reading the news today I thought I would link the following article. I have no opinion as to it's true relevance in your conversations. I did think it might be of interest. Personally, I hope it is mere coincidence.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Ebola.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Wow....I thought this article could be false...... but it's not. There are numerous news articles addressing this on Google. This is a flesh eating virus...... yikes......

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Ebola come and we gonna die.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

dailymail is the UK equivalent of the National Enquirerer.

Analyzing
captain of 100

Post by Analyzing »

farmerchick wrote:Wow....I thought this article could be false...... but it's not. There are numerous news articles addressing this on Google. This is a flesh eating virus...... yikes......
Thank you for looking.
MrNasty wrote:Ebola come and we gonna die.
Why bother?
mirkwood wrote:dailymail is the UK equivalent of the National Enquirerer.
:-? Not a detective. Noted. ;)
Jason wrote:
...based on the following scriptures (and some visions which won't post again):

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testa ... 9?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testa ... 5?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Flesh-Sore Disease Epidemic Is Now Spreading Through Syria
Make it stop.
12/16/2015 06:26 pm ET

Michael Barrett | Professor of Biochemical Parasitology, University of Glasgow
As if years of war, terrorism and oppression weren’t harrowing enough for the people of Syria, the country is experiencing an epidemic of a so-called flesh-eating disease. Outbreaks of the disease, known as leishmaniasis, have been reported repeatedly over the past year.

More recently, the head of the Kurdish Red Crescent was reported to have said the problem was made worse by the actions of Islamic State leaving bodies to rot in the streets. But while leishmaniasis is a serious problem in Syria, this picture of a flesh-eating disease spread by terrorists isn’t entirely accurate.
What is leishmaniasis?

Leishmaniasis has actually been endemic to Syria for centuries and was once commonly known as “Aleppo evil”. This cutaneous (skin-affecting) form of the disease isn’t strictly “flesh eating”, although another form found in Brazil and some other parts of South America can be. It is caused by the Leishmania parasite, which is carried by sandflies. If you’re bitten by a fly, the parasites can enter your blood and invade the macrophage immune cells that normally kill bugs, causing causing horrible open sores close to the bite.

In other places, in particular India, a different form of the parasite spreads to the liver and spleen and causes death as those vital visceral organs break down. In the Brazilian form, the parasites cause macrophages to migrate to the mucosal surfaces around the mouth and nose. Here the immune system attacks the parasites but ends up causing substantial damage to surrounding tissue, eating away the flesh in these areas, leading to gross disfigurements.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/syr ... d4bcc07c8e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The institutional review board of the American University of Beirut approved this study. In November 2012, one of us (I.K.) began documenting the epidemic during trips to multiple refugee camps in eastern Lebanon (the Bekaa Valley [Baalbek, Zahle, and Ersaal]); the epidemic later expanded to camps throughout the country...
]The 3 major forms of leishmaniasis (cutaneous, mucocutaneous, and visceral) are transmitted by the bite of the female sandfly (5).
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/20/10/14-0288_article
November 1, 2015
Dr. Fischer is Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN.

Dr. Fischer reports no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.

SYNOPSIS: Cutaneous leishmaniasis is spreading as refugees move from Syria through Turkey into Europe and throughout the world. Aware clinicians can consider diagnostic testing when facing unusual skin lesions in refugees.

SOURCE: Hayani K, Dandashli A, Weisshaar E. Cutaneous leishmaniasis in Syria: Clinical features, current status, and the effects of war. Acta Derm Venereol 2015;95:62-66.

Cutaneous leishmaniasis is transmitted in nearly 100 countries and is especially common in some developing countries, including Syria. Concerned about war-induced changes in the epidemiology of infections in Syria, the investigators reviewed Syrian experience with cutaneous leishmaniasis.

Oral tradition includes stories of a Syrian “one year sore” with unusual cutaneous lesions. This condition was documented in the Middle Ages. More recently (in 1756), a British physician referred to the illness as Aleppo boil and Aleppo evil — named for the north Syrian city where the authors worked. With widespread insecticide use during the middle of the last century, cutaneous leishmaniasis became less common. The incidence, however, began to rise in recent decades when insecticide was not commonly used. The incidence has risen more than 10-fold during the past decade.

In Aleppo, Leishmania tropica accounts for most cutaneous leishmaniasis, and L. major is a more common cause in the suburbs of Damascus. Fat sand rats, gerbils, and dogs are the typical animal reservoirs, but human-to-human transmission occurs through phlebotomine sand flies without other animal involvement in some areas.
http://www.ahcmedia.com/articles/136563 ... n-refugees
Mikrobiyol Bul. 2014 Jan;48(1):106-13.
[Cutaneous leishmaniasis cases in Nizip, Turkey after the Syrian civil war].
[Article in Turkish]
Salman IS, Vural A, Unver A1, Saçar S.
Erratum in
Mikrobiyol Bul. 2014 Apr;48(2):364.

Abstract

Cutaneous leishmaniasis (CL), seen endemically in many countries, is a widespread protozoon disease all around the world. The neighboring countries of Turkey namely Iran, Iraq and Syria are highly endemic regions for CL, and more than 98% of the cases in Turkey are reported from South and Southeastern Anatolian regions. The aim of this study was to detect the prevalence of CL in Nizip, a district of Gaziantep province of southeastern Turkey, for three and half year period and to call attention to the dramatic increase of CL cases observed after the Syrian civil war....
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24506720
Cutaneous leishmaniasis (CL) is a worldwide disease caused by an infection with the protozoan parasite Leishmania transmitted via sand flies. It is endemic in many of the poorest countries of all continents. “Aleppo boil” is one of the recognised names given to this disease in the medical literature. Although CL used to be well-controlled and well-documented in Syria, its incidence has dramatically increased since the beginning of the war; however, there is lack of documentation. Here, we present the past and current epidemiological situation of the disease in Syria. We also draw attention to gross and highly unusual clinical variants of CL presented to the Department of Dermatology in Aleppo covering the important differential clinical diagnoses, since this disease is already known to mimic other conditions. Diagnostic procedures and treatment as well as prevention are summarised. Due to the increased ability to travel, and especially the flight of Syrians to neighbouring countries, as well as to Europe, CL may become a new threat in formerly unaffected regions. Through this account, we hope to give weight to the aspiration that CL does not remain a neglected and often clinically overlooked tropical dermatosis
http://www.medicaljournals.se/acta/cont ... 15555-1988

Now, good news? This report... http://www.cell.com/trends/parasitology ... 0045-3.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ..states that it is not a big threat but makes the following observation
Although treatment is available, resistance to current drugs has already been reported in some countries
[7]
.Further-more,there is currently no acceptable vaccine to prevent CL.
Is this nothing but coincidence? I don't know. The quote from Jason along with the cause of infection and resulting symptoms was the cause of my recollection of a thread on this board.Image