My Peace I Give Unto You by Doug Mendenhall

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Halm
captain of 10

Re: My Peace I Give Unto You by Doug Mendenhall

Post by Halm »

skylight wrote:Halm, I noticed several of us have inquired about Skyping. I would SO SO love to attend, but having 5 young kids and living in the midwest puts me at a disadvantage...but I feel like I need to "be there."

Any ideas or suggestions??
We just can't Skype this stuff right now. Kind of wish it was different. A guy in S. AZ has put together a group and I am traveling down there to do a book review one night and a workshop the next day. With five kids you already have a group.......well maybe not.
Doug Mendenhall

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Halm wrote:A guy in S. AZ has put together a group and I am traveling down there to do a book review one night and a workshop the next day. With five kids you already have a group.......well maybe not.
Doug Mendenhall
Is it near Mesa/Tempe? I'm going over there tomorrow and staying for a while. Could I invite myself? Is there a cost? What are the dates and times? (A pm would work if you don't want to answer these questions here.)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Halm wrote:
Thomas wrote:Just wanted to say, I am attending the workshop tomorrow. I will be the obnoxious looking fellow and hopefully the non-judging one.

Hope to see some of you there. I hope the spirit will be there to enlighten us.
I will be the one in the Groucho Marx glasses and nose, only they are real.
Also will bring a barf bag in case you go into judgment...... :D
Doug Mendenhall
I'll be the one with the baby strapped to my chest. And now you've got me scared. What if I judge and mess up some really great things being said?

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Called to Serve wrote:
Halm wrote:I will be the one in the Groucho Marx glasses and nose, only they are real.
Doug Mendenhall
I'll be the one with the baby strapped to my chest. And now you've got me scared. What if I judge and mess up some really great things being said?
CtS, I cannot see you being judgmental in this. I've not been to one of these workshops, but between reading Overcoming Spiritual Evil and the emails you and I shared in the past, I don't see you being judgmental. Curious, maybe. Questioning, maybe. Judgmental? I don't see that.

Stephanie B
captain of 50

Post by Stephanie B »

Thank you Doug for your time in responding to my post. :)
I wasn't sure why you had specified "Members of the COFB" when you were talking about physicality not being required. Your post had given me the impression there were "special" means whereby these COFB people could iteract with each. (in my book at this point, anything's possible :)

Look forward to your workshop tomorrow! Thanks!

Stephanie B
captain of 50

Post by Stephanie B »

Called to Serve wrote: What if I judge and mess up some really great things being said?

lol..
Nice to know the Lord has mercy on us and a sense of humor too! :)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

A Random Phrase wrote:
Called to Serve wrote:
Halm wrote:I will be the one in the Groucho Marx glasses and nose, only they are real.
Doug Mendenhall
CtS, I cannot see you being judgmental in this. I've not been to one of these workshops, but between reading Overcoming Spiritual Evil and the emails you and I shared in the past, I don't see you being judgmental. Curious, maybe. Questioning, maybe. Judgmental? I don't see that.
Thanks, ARPh. It's nice to know that someone outside my head sees me as non-judgmental. I want to be that way, but sometimes I wonder if I am just puffing myself up.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Called to Serve wrote:Thanks, ARPh. It's nice to know that someone outside my head sees me as non-judgmental. I want to be that way, but sometimes I wonder if I am just puffing myself up.
It is good to "watch ourselves" in order to avoid pride, that's for sure.

Stephanie B
captain of 50

Post by Stephanie B »

Thank you Doug for your workshop today. What a powerful experience it was for me to attend! Spirit was definetely felt and confirmed much of what was said.

Stephanie B
captain of 50

Post by Stephanie B »

I would be interested in attending next Jedi 1 & 2 workshops. Please keep us posted.
Thank you!

Stephanie B
captain of 50

Post by Stephanie B »

I was reading Doug Mendenhall's post here:
Someone on this forum attended the meeting I did in Highland several months ago. He said no Spirit was felt, etc. When something like that is said it does not make me angry or upset. It makes me go within myself in prayer and ask Father if I was off, if it was "me" doing the meeting and not Him. Now I had dozens of people come up to me afterward to say thank you for what was shared, most said they felt the Spirit testify to them that what was said was true. Later I received many emails saying the same thing. Now why did these people feel the Spirit and the other man did not? Was the message not for him? Was he into judgment and the Spirit left? I don't know and really don't care, it was just another experience we all were able to share together. I know had I gone into that talk fasting and praying for a long time about it; I don't like speaking, I am not polished and tend to stick my foot in my mouth. But I know I was hearing Him during the presentation

I will share that I have attended 2 Jedi classes so far. They have all been some of the most spiritual experiences in my life. I felt witness after witness pour into my soul that truths were being taught that felt like terrestial even celestial truths. Perhaps this is why the Spirit came with such force.. Thank you Doug.

azalea.rubicon
captain of 50

Post by azalea.rubicon »

I would really love to attend one of Doug and Denise's seminar. Do any of you know their website and schedule of seminars? Thanks

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

This thread is probably about the only place online that you will find any information about it. Doug will not share the seminars online and does not advertise them in any way I know of besides word of mouth. If you would like to attend, you can email him and he will let you know when he is doing another one. He lives in Utah, so it's easiest if you can come to Utah, however, he does do them in other places on occasion.

azalea.rubicon
captain of 50

Post by azalea.rubicon »

Thank you Called to serve. I live in Utah but I can never find their schedule of seminar.

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

I started a thread about Denise and John Edwards. I did not realized this thread might be a place to place this:

http://www.greaterthings.com/Susan/jesu ... chable.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So does anyone think Jesus really told Denise to watch John Edwards?

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

wow,

no reason to get pissy

I thought this was a place to discuss and ask questions

maybe we should not discus Denver Snuffer, you know we should all just go ask him
Or maybe we should not discus whatever, cause we should just go ask them

I was just asking if anyone knew anything, darn it, it is people like you that jump all over people like me for asking a simple question.

maybe next time you ask a question someone will call you foolish.

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is another thread toward the bottom of another LDS web-sight discussing this: I don't hear anyone accusing this of being a foolish discussion. (its in the response section)

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

Does anyone think that Monson is a prophet as discused on another thread.....gee, why don't you go ask him yourself

Hey, does anyone think the Apostles have seen Christ?....hey, go ask them

Does anyone think Denver Snuffer supped with Christ as discussed on here many times.....gee, go ask him yourself

Gad, you were one of my favorite posters, and now I think you are the final straw to me being on this web sight. To much disrespect.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

firend wrote:Does anyone think that Monson is a prophet as discused on another thread.....gee, why don't you go ask him yourself I have. The letter I wrote to him was sent from SLC to my stake president, who then called me in for a verbal spanking and a "How dare you bother the Brethren!" Sorry, my friend; we are not allowed to ask the 15 anything.

Hey, does anyone think the Apostles have seen Christ?....hey, go ask them Same thing as above.

Does anyone think Denver Snuffer supped with Christ as discussed on here many times.....gee, go ask him yourself I wrote him a letter, as well; also sent him free copies of 3 books a good friend of mine wrote that correspond with some things Denver has been saying so I thought he might appreciate getting them. No response at all.

Halm
captain of 10

Post by Halm »

firend wrote:I started a thread about Denise and John Edwards. I did not realized this thread might be a place to place this:

http://www.greaterthings.com/Susan/jesu ... chable.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So does anyone think Jesus really told Denise to watch John Edwards?
Wow, don't know what went on but am really glad to respond. I think it is a great question. I had forgotten about that experience and it has been interesting to revisit it. I called my daughter and asked her if she remembered it and she did. First let me say that the book review we did that night was interesting because it was with Sterling Allan's mother in law and her family and friends. I had no idea at the time who Sterling Allan was or that his mother in law was a Reverend or something similar. She posted some comments on Sterlings site about that night. After I found out about it I called Sterling and asked him to remove her comments because some of them were wrong, others were misinterpreted and others were a little embellished I felt. He told me to call her and have her change it, something I felt would not happen and was not worth the time or effort.

So I did call Denise and she did confirm that the Lord Jesus Christ asked her to watch the John Edward show. He would and still does have her do things like this, it is called teaching. He did tell her that he was doing some good things for people, not sure about the "Jesus endorsement" part though. That is probably a misinterpretation on Susan's part, something we all do unfortunately. You can believe it or not, it doesn't matter to me.

We were driving home the other night from doing a workshop and I told her about the Summer Olympics opening ceremonies and how it was a huge in your face occult or Satanist propaganda piece. She looked it up on her phone and started to watch it. I won't tell you Who showed up and explained it all to her as it was happening. It was fun as she told me what He was telling her. I learned much.

If we choose to have Him as our Teacher, which He wants to be, He will come and teach us. She just happens to be without most of her veil and seems to have access to the other side more than most.......

Anyway, great question and happy to answer. You can come and ask me any time, I won't be offended and will take the time to answer the best I can.
Doug Mendenhall

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

Halm wrote: Wow, don't know what went on but am really glad to respond.
The only thing you missed was my own boneheadedness, of which I have apologized privately and now do so publicly.

Stephanie B
captain of 50

Post by Stephanie B »

never mind. :)
Last edited by Stephanie B on June 4th, 2013, 9:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

:)) Well, we are all children of God. I'm not sure though, if I'm 5 months or 5 years. Never can tell.

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

Doug please tell us what you learned about the summer olympics I for one would love to hear it! Thanks :)

AshleyB
captain of 1,000

Post by AshleyB »

Yeah, I would be interested as well. It certainly had some disturbing undertones to it. I felt that way while watching it myself. But just about everything like that has some occult/satanic undertones. Music video's especially. Ugh..today's music is really dreadful anyway...