Denise mendenhall and John Edwards

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
firend
captain of 1,000

Denise mendenhall and John Edwards

Post by firend »

I was reading about Denise and her NDE

Then I was reading online and someone said at a house meeting that Jesus told Denise that John Edwards the psychic was doing a great job? Does anyone else here of this? Does Denise think John is a good man then?

Fairminded
captain of 1,000

Re: Denise mendenhall and John Edwards

Post by Fairminded »

Told in an NDE that a psychic was on the up and up? Seems legit.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Fairminded wrote:Told in an NDE that a psychic was on the up and up? Seems legit.
LOL
You make me laugh... needed that today.

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

I know there are some threads on here about Dug and Denise giving fire sides. I am wondering if their is a connection to the other psychic guy John Edwards.

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

Here is the article I read about this:

http://www.greaterthings.com/Susan/jesu ... chable.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Halm
captain of 10

Post by Halm »

firend wrote:Here is the article I read about this:

http://www.greaterthings.com/Susan/jesu ... chable.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I posted this on a different thread where you had asked the same question.:

I think it is a great question. I had forgotten about that experience and it has been interesting to revisit it. I called my daughter and asked her if she remembered it and she did. First let me say that the book review we did that night was interesting because it was with Sterling Allan's mother in law and her family and friends. I had no idea at the time who Sterling Allan was or that his mother in law was a Reverend or something similar. She posted some comments on Sterlings site about that night. After I found out about it I called Sterling and asked him to remove her comments because some of them were wrong, others were misinterpreted and others were a little embellished I felt. He told me to call her and have her change it, something I felt would not happen and was not worth the time or effort.

So I did call Denise and she did confirm that the Lord Jesus Christ asked her to watch the John Edward show. He would and still does have her do things like this, it is called teaching. He did tell her that he was doing some good things for people, not sure about the "Jesus endorsement" part though. That is probably a misinterpretation on Susan's part, something we all do unfortunately.
Another example of how the Lord will teach her:

We were driving home the other night from doing a workshop and I told her about the Summer Olympics opening ceremonies and how it was a huge in your face occult or Satanist propaganda piece. She looked it up on her phone and started to watch it. I won't tell you Who showed up and explained it all to her as it was happening. It was fun as she told me what He was telling her. I learned much.

If we choose to have Him as our Teacher, which He wants to be, He will come and teach us. She just happens to be without most of her veil and seems to have access to the other side more than most.......

We have experienced that the Lord will teach us all in various ways, some might even be out of the box so to speak. Why would it be a problem for her to be told to watch John Edwards or whatever his name is. I will say that He did teach her other things about him and what he does and how he does it. But that is between her and her Teacher. The Spirit has told me in the past to watch certain movies. After doing so certain parts of the movie were brought to my mind and deeper gospel principles taught. Won't the Lord use whatever means He wants in order to teach us?

So yes, she was told by Him to watch the Edwards show. She learned much from it, a little she shared. Some of what was shared was misunderstood, misinterpreted, and maybe embellished a little. Having taught many workshops I know this happens quite often.

Hope that helps in your understanding.
Doug Mendenhall

Eddie Lyle
captain of 100

Post by Eddie Lyle »

So if I just read that correctly, of the billions of folks on this planet , perhaps millions at anyone time praying for help, Jesus shows up to give color commentary on the Olympics a la Bob Costas?
I'm glad who ever is showing up is so compassionate and caring as to take the time to explain the minute and exact.

Halm
captain of 10

Post by Halm »

Eddie Lyle wrote:So if I just read that correctly, of the billions of folks on this planet , perhaps millions at anyone time praying for help, Jesus shows up to give color commentary on the Olympics a la Bob Costas?
I'm glad who ever is showing up is so compassionate and caring as to take the time to explain the minute and exact.
No He came as a result from a petition from one of God's children that desired understanding. He will do the same for you if you ask. Does He not stand at the door, knocking, petitioning for US to open it to Him. Do we keep it closed because of our lack of unbelief? My daughter happens to believe and knows her Lord. She asked Him for understanding and He came gave it, plain and simple, as he would for you. If millions at a time are asking for help and really believe, why wouldn't He come to them also? He said He would, do you not believe that? Does our Lord live in time? He said that time is appointed unto man. Is He confined by space? Do we put our puny human mind controls on Him or our understanding of laws that are given to man, that have no factor on Him, a God?

So no, He didn't just show up to "give color commentary." He came as a result of a petition and answered her questions and explained what was going on in relation to the Satanic and occult themes in the opening ceremony of the London Olympics. Are you making fun of our Lord here or just my daughter. Or the idea that God does answer our petitions?
Doug Mendenhall

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

He will do the same for you if you ask. Does He not stand at the door, knocking, petitioning for US to open it to Him. Do we keep it closed because of our lack of unbelief?
Do you have or know of a good book that helps us overcome this? I pray for it but patience and faith are needed. Greater insights may point me in a good direction. Maybe I should read Second Comforter all the way through. I should stop learning so much, and take the next step in my life of doing.

Halm
captain of 10

Post by Halm »

TZONE wrote:
He will do the same for you if you ask. Does He not stand at the door, knocking, petitioning for US to open it to Him. Do we keep it closed because of our lack of unbelief?
Do you have or know of a good book that helps us overcome this? I pray for it but patience and faith are needed. Greater insights may point me in a good direction. Maybe I should read Second Comforter all the way through. I should stop learning so much, and take the next step in my life of doing.

A real good start would be with "The Second Comforter". I think the biggest issue is our non-belief and how we really want to put parameters on our Lord, a God.
Doug

Eddie Lyle
captain of 100

Post by Eddie Lyle »

I can say, with out any ire, I am making fun of you and your daughter. I call it complete nonsense. Either you guys are making it up, are delusional or are being visited by someone other than Christ.

You see the Lord sent the Holy Ghost to guide and direct us. I trust the spirit completely. Unless I do something to drive it away, the spirit can be my constant companion. To have that spirit is good enough for me as I am sure the Lord will visit me when I am ready. Obviously since I am making fun of you, I likely am not ready yet.

The creator of the Universe showing up to do color commentary on the Olympics when millions are praying for solace and the Lord in his tender mercy comes to explain something so clear and easy to understand is unfathomable to my mind. I call bull stuff. I have no idea who you or your daughter are, but I know fantasy, delusion and snake oil. What ever you are peddling (and I am sure you are peddling something whether it is books, seminars, or a newer or easier gospel out side the guide the Lord has given us) I ain't buying.

MsEva
captain of 100

Post by MsEva »

Eddie Lyle wrote:I can say, with out any ire, I am making fun of you and your daughter. I call it complete nonsense. Either you guys are making it up, are delusional or are being visited by someone other than Christ.

You see the Lord sent the Holy Ghost to guide and direct us. I trust the spirit completely. Unless I do something to drive it away, the spirit can be my constant companion. To have that spirit is good enough for me as I am sure the Lord will visit me when I am ready. Obviously since I am making fun of you, I likely am not ready yet.

The creator of the Universe showing up to do color commentary on the Olympics when millions are praying for solace and the Lord in his tender mercy comes to explain something so clear and easy to understand is unfathomable to my mind. I call bull stuff. I have no idea who you or your daughter are, but I know fantasy, delusion and snake oil. What ever you are peddling (and I am sure you are peddling something whether it is books, seminars, or a newer or easier gospel out side the guide the Lord has given us) I ain't buying.

I call your bull stuff and can tell you you are the one that does NOT realize how the Lord operates! I know one thing for sure is the Lord and the Mendenhall's do not need me to stand up for them but I will tell you I KNOW the Mendenhall's are for REAL and I KNOW the Lord does and can come to EACH ONE of us Individually! And you are right, you are NOT ready, which is why I will NOT share ANY of my personal experiences!

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Eddie, sometimes we feel the presence of the Lord near, yet His physical body isn't necessarily with us. He is a God, with abilities beyond our comprehension. As for whether He would speak to someone about something so mundane, I'm sure I do not know - yet I don't see why not. He is able to communicate with several hundred, probably thousands or millions at a time. Via the Holy Ghost, most likely, yet I view the Holy Ghost as the antenna that picks up Christ's messages and His persona and focuses it on whoever is speaking to Him. I expect that His physical, touchable, huggable body is only in one place at one time, and has more parameters in regards to when and where He will show it.

MsEva
captain of 100

Post by MsEva »

MsEva wrote:
Eddie Lyle wrote:I can say, with out any ire, I am making fun of you and your daughter. I call it complete nonsense. Either you guys are making it up, are delusional or are being visited by someone other than Christ.

I call your bull stuff and can tell you you are the one that does NOT realize how the Lord operates! I know one thing for sure is the Lord and the Mendenhall's do not need me to stand up for them but I will tell you I KNOW the Mendenhall's are for REAL and I KNOW the Lord does and can come to EACH ONE of us Individually! And you are right, you are NOT ready, which is why I will NOT share ANY of my personal experiences!

Oh, I know it seems like with so many horrible things going on and so many people suffering that the Lord isn't helping or whatever.....I do not know the answer to all things.....but I do know the Lord does what HE does! He doesn't need anyone's approval or permission to visit and teach people like Denise or anyone else!

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

MsEva wrote:He doesn't need anyone's approval or permission
This comment right here can apply to many, many things. This is going off sideways of the current discussion, yet I think we have a tendency to put God in some kind of box, supposing He is unable to do thus and so, or will not do thus and so - because our paradigms say so. And our paradigms have to be 100% truth, don't they? If they aren't, our ground is shaken, and we feel pretty dang off-balanced and frightened. If everything we are convinced is true, just may not be, where does that leave us? It's scary. Very much so. I know. I've been there. And I'm still there sometimes.

MsEva
captain of 100

Post by MsEva »

A Random Phrase wrote:
MsEva wrote:He doesn't need anyone's approval or permission
This comment right here can apply to many, many things. This is going off sideways of the current discussion, yet I think we have a tendency to put God in some kind of box, supposing He is unable to do thus and so, or will not do thus and so - because our paradigms say so. And our paradigms have to be 100% truth, don't they? If they aren't, our ground is shaken, and we feel pretty dang off-balanced and frightened. If everything we are convinced is true, just may not be, where does that leave us? It's scary. Very much so. I know. I've been there. And I'm still there sometimes.

I hear you ARP, and I agree-been there myself!

sara
captain of 50

Post by sara »

The Lord's ways are not our ways, and He is not limited at all in the ways we are, so it is sometimes hard to imagine the things He might have the "time" or the will to do. Joseph Smith said we should not put "stakes" around The Lord (I think that's how he phrased it), meaning we should not put a box around Him and decide what He will or won't do. Also, I know that when we lack wisdom, we can ask The Lord, and He will not upbraid us.

I know that it is so vital that we not judge each other. When people have profound experiences with The Lord, and when they are taught by him, they also experience the opposition that comes with all things. I think it is important to try not to be the providers of that opposition for others. We all have enough of that without making things harder for each other unnecessarily.

The Mendenhalls are not "peddling" things. If you wonder whether what they say is true, you can also ask The Lord. Personally, I feel very good about them, love them, and am thankful for the things they have bravely imparted, which have opened them up to opposition.

I hope I have not sounded harsh in any way. I am just expressing my thoughts, and do not wish to judge others. I am so pained when I see contention and judgement arise. I know it is so important for everyone to be able to think and believe as they wish, and for open discourse to be allowed, and not stifled. I think that Satan loves for us to shut our minds or dismiss things with no thought, or not even bother to ask The Lord about many things because we are so stuck in unbelief that we can't even imagine pondering certain things. I know that being in a "box" and having unbelief to some degree through much of my life probably stifled my growth more than anything. And fear of what the arm of flesh might think of me, or do to me. I do wish I could have broken out of that sooner, but am thankful The Lord shattered my false paradigm when He did. The Lord has been so good to me. And I expect He has other paradigms he will shift for me as soon as I am able to bear it :).

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

I would like understanding but so far no one has answered? :-?

ATL Wake
captain of 100

Post by ATL Wake »

and more stuff
Why do you feel the need to "call out" someone's belief as nonsense in a public forum? You couldn't share your doubt in a PM?

This type of reaction is precisely why people don't share their experiences, casting pearls before swine.

I'm not saying you have to believe, but you could be respectful. If everyone were more respectful of others, people might be more inclined to share experiences from which we can all learn.

I hope Doug over looks this post and continues to share with this forum. Others are grateful, whether they believe it or not.

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

shestalou wrote:I would like understanding but so far no one has answered? :-?
What was your question? I didn't see one in this thread? Or was it the other one you asked it in?

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

I actually have asked a few, what did they learn about the olympics and could we join the workshop by skype? :-w

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

shestalou wrote:I actually have asked a few, what did they learn about the olympics and could we join the workshop by skype? :-w
No skype. Can't answer the other one. There is a published book by them though.

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

Yes I have read all 4 but thank you!

Eddie Lyle
captain of 100

Post by Eddie Lyle »

So they do sell books and seminars. Precisely what I would imagine them doing. I just have to ask why folks buy into these ideas, but as it says in 2 Tim. 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Stand up for them all you want, but mind the mire that starts filling up around you.

sevenator
captain of 100

Post by sevenator »

I'm not making fun of anyone but I have a real problem with the statement in the article that Jesus "makes mistakes".