Glenn Beck is an Idiot

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Glenn Beck is an Idiot

Post by ajax »

Ahhh, that feels better.

Just my initial thought after listening to the first 15 minutes of his radio show today for the first time. (his show is new in my market)

The first three thoughts that came to mind:

1-Sophmoric personality
2-Junior League intellectual
3-Bush League tactics

My only relief was arriving in my driveway and turning the car off.
Last edited by ajax on January 4th, 2013, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Re: Glenn Beck is an Idiot

Post by Thomas »

Agree 100 percent.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Glenn Beck is an idiot and an embarrassment.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Actually, although I don;t like him and much prefer Alex Jones for that sort of thing, I don;t think GB is an idiot.

I think he probably "gets it" better than most and a LOT better than he lets on. I appreciate that he will push some issues a lot more than most, and I think he helps educate a lot of people.

But like I said, I think he knows a lot mroe than he lets on, and he keeps it on the reservation so that he can continue to rake in the big bucks, rather than risk being labelled a kook. So I'd accuse him of cowardice, not idiocy.

I don;t know if he actually writes the books with his name on them, and I think many of his books are just like his shows, to gain him popularity. But I do own "The Overton Window", and whoever wrote it was pretty awake and not stupid.

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Ok, I'll chime in here. Glenn Beck can drive me a little crazy and so I have to limit listening to him. And he can be wrong about some things, but as OI has stated he "gets it" much more than most. He probably knows much more than he lets on and for the sake of protecting his family or suddenly disappearing involuntarily (if you know what I mean), he chooses to hold back or be theatrical at times. Limbaugh drives me crazy too mostly for cheerleading the repub party, so much that I cant listen to him any more. Alex Jones is ...I don't know ...a little on the fringe/survivalist/ultimate prepper side.

I have to go read the Ensign, scriptures or a good spriritual book if I listen to these guys for too long B-)
Last edited by karend77 on January 4th, 2013, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

If he does know more than he is letting on to, then he is a sellout, owned by the NWO.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Thomas wrote:If he does know more than he is letting on to, then he is a sellout, owned by the NWO.
yeah, that's my take.

But you know, if I could pull down multi-millions a year, I might not want to put that at risk either. I'd like to think that I would do the right thing, but sadly riches is one trial I don't appear to be in line for.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

The reason I question his intelligence is he makes a lot of wrong predictions.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Agreed.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Original_Intent wrote:Actually, although I don;t like him and much prefer Alex Jones for that sort of thing, I don;t think GB is an idiot.
Ok, maybe idiot is too strong. But that was my initial reaction when driving down the road. I think my three reasons though apply pretty well. VERY, VERY, VERY sophmoric. He and his co-hosts, grown men, whoever they are, giggling, mocking, making strange noises, giggling some more....OK, never mind...IDIOTS!

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

What OI said (in both posts). :ymapplause:

mouse
captain of 50

Post by mouse »

Original_Intent wrote:Actually, although I don;t like him and much prefer Alex Jones for that sort of thing, I don;t think GB is an idiot.

I think he probably "gets it" better than most and a LOT better than he lets on. I appreciate that he will push some issues a lot more than most, and I think he helps educate a lot of people.

But like I said, I think he knows a lot mroe than he lets on, and he keeps it on the reservation so that he can continue to rake in the big bucks, rather than risk being labelled a kook. So I'd accuse him of cowardice, not idiocy.

I don;t know if he actually writes the books with his name on them, and I think many of his books are just like his shows, to gain him popularity. But I do own "The Overton Window", and whoever wrote it was pretty awake and not stupid.
I agree with this. I think he pretty much gets it. He did a great job with pushing food storage, gun ownership, gold silver, preparedness, constitution, etc. My only BIG problem with him, is when he came out against Libertarians that support Ron Paul. I think he said, we needed to be investigated by the government as a threat, or something like that. He also has a history of mocking anyone that questions anything about a 9/11 or a new investigation. I'm sure its because he does not want to be labeled a conspiracy theorist, but I have to say if you love the book of mormon, and are well read in its teachings, secret combinations is a well worn page in your dictionary.

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

ajax wrote:Ahhh, that feels better.

Just my initial thought after listening to the first 15 minutes of his radio show today for the first time. (his show is new in my market)

The first three thoughts that came to mind:

1-Sophmoric personality
2-Junior League intellectual
3-Bush League tactics

My only relief was arriving in my driveway and turning the car off.
That's funny, Just this week, the local radio station dropped GB in favor of Dave Ramsey. I find that now my blood pressure doesn't fluctuate like it used to.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

I agree with this. I think he pretty much gets it. He did a great job with pushing food storage, gun ownership, gold silver, preparedness, constitution, etc. My only BIG problem with him, is when he came out against Libertarians that support Ron Paul. I think he said, we needed to be investigated by the government as a threat, or something like that. He also has a history of mocking anyone that questions anything about a 9/11 or a new investigation. I'm sure its because he does not want to be labeled a conspiracy theorist, but I have to say if you love the book of mormon, and are well read in its teachings, secret combinations is a well worn page in your dictionary.
And thus will immediately lose all credibility, and worse any effectiveness and influence in helping others do SOMETHING....

dennis
captain of 1,000

Post by dennis »

I have never listened to him, so I could never label him. However that label could be used quite appropriately to the listeners

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

1. He is not an idiot
2. He is just as sincere about seeking the truth and sharing what he can as any here
3 He is imperfect, as are we here, and therefore he makes predictions that arent correct

4. He has a radio show and reaches millions of people and does help educate people on the constitution, liberty and gospel topics. This forum doesnt come close to reaching that many people.

So...can we back off with the name calling? Did we get bored since we cant bash Romney or R Paul back and forth anymore?

As I said before he can drive me crazy some days and I can stop listening for weeks, but I can still get positive things from his shows or website.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

I was watching Glenn beck show and listening to the radio on a regular basis for a while but I did have to take breaks from time to time and also turn the radio show of when it got really juvenile. I think that they can be really inappropriate and joke about things that shouldn't be joked about. I wish he would refine his language! Maybe if he didn't try to "take over" media and cut his time down a bit they wouldn't have to "fill" with time wasting talking.

I liked his show more before the restoring love event when he did more educating and kept us up to date on what was going on around the world but now he has a new angle and I don't watch him much. I also have been pretty pissed off with the blaze news site, nudity twice- I expect more from a group of Mormons!

I really appreciate the few somber moments on his show when he talked more "reverently" and from his heart. That is the Glenn I like, not the media head he tries to sell.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

karend77 wrote:1. He is not an idiot
2. He is just as sincere about seeking the truth and sharing what he can as any here
3 He is imperfect, as are we here, and therefore he makes predictions that arent correct

4. He has a radio show and reaches millions of people and does help educate people on the constitution, liberty and gospel topics. This forum doesnt come close to reaching that many people.

So...can we back off with the name calling? Did we get bored since we cant bash Romney or R Paul back and forth anymore?

As I said before he can drive me crazy some days and I can stop listening for weeks, but I can still get positive things from his shows or website.
I would say mocking others, making fun of others, making stupid noises, giggling about others is idiotic. Of course I only listened to 15 minutes, but I couldn't stand it anymore. He's definetely not my style.

I intended to say it half-jokingly. I don't know the guy, and I'm sure he is a nice, decent, well meaning man. Maybe I should have said "Glenn Beck's radio show is idiotic." Oh well, the thread headline as is is rather provocatice wouldn't you say? Gotta put out there what grabs people ;)

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

He always brings up the quote "Question with boldness blah blah blah blah...."

DON'T QUESTION 9/11!

but.. question with boldness even the very existence of God! OK!? Get it!?

"I love the constitution!" "Vote based on principles alone!"

I even tried listening to his show again just recently. One day, he was yammering on and on about being nice to all your guests on your show and not "ambushing" them. He likened it to inviting someone (who you don't agree with) to your home where you are having a party just to have everyone make fun of them. And how that would be wrong. THE VERY NEXT DAY he has a show where he calls up people to do some kind of "IQ" test just for jokes where he makes fun of the "contestants" for their answers. Talk about a 180 degree turn of hypocrisy.

Nope, nope, and nope. Sorry, Glenn. But you've lost ALL credibility with me a long time ago.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

karend77 wrote:1. He is not an idiot

I can empathize with the overall sentiment but the deciding factor is does a person end up doing more harm or good to the cause, and in GB's case I'm afraid it could be the former.

I am not a 911 falser in the slightest, but still prefer Alex Jones over GB. GB was first in our market in 2007 I think, and was an off the shelf routine am Conservative Radio Host who was fairly boring. When he started making waves after Obama was elected and moved to Fox I couldn't understand the complaints. Then I started watching. He really changed.

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Seek the Truth wrote: I can empathize with the overall sentiment but the deciding factor is does a person end up doing more harm or good to the cause, and in GB's case I'm afraid it could be the former.

I am not a 911 falser in the slightest, but still prefer Alex Jones over GB. GB was first in our market in 2007 I think, and was an off the shelf routine am Conservative Radio Host who was fairly boring. When he started making waves after Obama was elected and moved to Fox I couldn't understand the complaints. Then I started watching. He really changed.
My point is to be careful with criticism and name calling. I don't know who I prefer in the media anymore as they all do things that annoy me. To be a tv/radio personality usually involves a bigger than life personality. B-) It takes a big ego to bounce off all the criticism, warranted or unwarranted.

I am the kind of person if I thought GB or Alex Jones needed some advice I write them of my concerns. I do the same with my political representatives, on a monthly if not weekly basis. It's a personal pet peeve that when people whine to I want to tell them to stop it and do something about it instead. :ymsigh:

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

I have watched and listened to GB ever since he started with FOX news. That was when I first started listening to his radio show as well. Here on the liberal left coast GB is the best we can get. Alex Johns is often only broadcast on saturday nights. My wife and I love to go to the temple and listen to Alex Jones get his pants in a wad supporting the alien and UFO cooks on the way home.- not very spiritual I know, but we have a long drive. Alex Jones and coast to coast keep us awake on the way home.
Anyways Glenn Beck has done a lot to help share the church in a positive light. I have only met one person outside the church that didn't like GB, and this particular individual was a hard core independent down in the South anti LDS to begin with kind of guy.
For someone with his background I think Glenn Beck has come a long way. Changing our outlook, how we address others, how we talk isn't something that changes overnight when we get baptized. On the whole I feel he has done a lot to help people get ready for what is coming, and cast the church in a positive light.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

moving2zion wrote:I have watched and listened to GB ever since he started with FOX news. That was when I first started listening to his radio show as well. Here on the liberal left coast GB is the best we can get. Alex Johns is often only broadcast on saturday nights. My wife and I love to go to the temple and listen to Alex Jones get his pants in a wad supporting the alien and UFO cooks on the way home.- not very spiritual I know, but we have a long drive. Alex Jones and coast to coast keep us awake on the way home.
Anyways Glenn Beck has done a lot to help share the church in a positive light. I have only met one person outside the church that didn't like GB, and this particular individual was a hard core independent down in the South anti LDS to begin with kind of guy.
For someone with his background I think Glenn Beck has come a long way. Changing our outlook, how we address others, how we talk isn't something that changes overnight when we get baptized. On the whole I feel he has done a lot to help people get ready for what is coming, and cast the church in a positive light.
How, by telling us to trust the New World Order? Beck is in their back pocket.

Are any of us prepared for what's coming? How many were prepared for the flood, during Noah's day/

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Thomas wrote: How, by telling us to trust the New World Order? Beck is in their back pocket.

Are any of us prepared for what's coming? How many were prepared for the flood, during Noah's day/
I havent gotten that message from him (Beck in the NWO back pocket)

Are any of us prepared? There are plenty of people trying to prepare, who do see what's coming and are trying. The missionary work is increasing in preparation for those seeking the truth. This is not Noah's day, this is the last dispensation of the fullness of times for the Church of Jesus Christ.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Statements like saying not to question 9/11, denying FEMA camps, ect show where Beck reallly is. He gives just enough info for those who understand that everything is not right, with government, but will not warn about how bad things really are. This tells me, he wants to keep his paycheck, more than he wants to warn people. He throws people off the trail. That, to me, says he is a sellout to powerful sources.

I think the last days will be much like the days of Noah. I believe very few will survive. Membership in the church will not be nearly enough. Food storage and guns will not be enough. The only salvaltion will be through Christ. Those who survive will be able to bear the presence of the Savior, in all his glory. Very few are at that level. I certainly am not.

In contrast to what Beck leads people to believe, the scriptures warn our situation is dire.