Jesus warns of persecution and betrayal coming

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Etosha
captain of 100

Re: Jesus warns of persecution and betrayal coming

Post by Etosha »

"After our Joel Skousen meeting in Roosevelt, I have been hearing of quite a few who were offended by what Joel was trying to tell us. I guess some people can't take the truth when their little fantasy worlds come crashing down around them."

What, what, what ?

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

DrJones wrote:Thanks so much for insightful comments!

Uglypitbull notes especially:
This is already happening....just in my last two wards, there were ladies who ridiculed mothers that hadn't vaccinate their newborns or refused to feed their kids anything but organic or healthy foods, there were men who ridiculed those who actually did their home teaching every month (calling them brown-nosers, etc). I myself have been laughed at for not watching the Super Bowl or other sporting events on Sunday by my LDS friends (I could care less, but it still happened). How many people scoff at those who diligently stock away their food storage, then laugh and claim they "are coming to your house" if they find themselves in need?
Yup.

Next question -- do you folks think you would get these mocking-comments if you lived, say, in the midwest?

That is, will the "internal" persecution of the humble followers of Christ be greater in say, Utah? something to think about...
I believe, quite honestly, that it will happen everywhere. Although my impressions about, say, Utah and Idaho, is that some of the persecution might be more covert - i.e. more people using claimed membership in a membership-rich area to try and impress or lead others astray. Either way, there will be plenty of both wherever you are, both the covert and the overt.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

shadow wrote:
DrJones wrote: Next question -- do you folks think you would get these mocking-comments if you lived, say, in the midwest?

That is, will the "internal" persecution of the humble followers of Christ be greater in say, Utah? something to think about...
I see a lot of mocking from LDS truthers complaining that church members, including prophets, are happily sleeping under the shady trees of Babylon. You probably don't see such comments as mocking though because you're not the victim.

Uglypitbull commented that he's seen mocking from LDS's towards those who don't vaccinate. I think we've all seen mocking on this site from those who don't vaccinate towards those who do vaccinate, right? we see mocking from the home-shcoolers towards those who don't home-school. Or do we ignore that because we agree? We have people on this site who don't live in Utah accusing the church of sinning for sending sisters out on missions.

Mocking isn't simply a Utah thing and if you think it is then your bias is showing :ymblushing:
There's plenty of it here in the area of the Philadelphia Mission where I live. There's plenty of professed "members" who I have surprisingly found out in conversation really were insincere about their membership in the church. It's hard to see though, given that the noise from outside the church in this area is a little loud and hard to hear, plus the church membership is pretty sparse.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

buffalo_girl wrote:
I have spoken with a couple of people that see the gay marriage issue being one of the focal points that divide the church. It will largely hinge on the application of corrupt and one-sided laws.

Well, that would certainly be wasted energy!

Wish people in the Church could get that fired up over the global cabal of secret combinations manipulating the entire human race to conform with lucifer's plan.

"Gay Rights", so-called, is one of those push button distractions.

If 'gay' couples want legal protection to insure their shared assets and medical plans, why not?

I'm not sure why GOVERNMENT is involved with the 'institution of marriage' other than to get their 'cut', anyway.
Technically, under the constitution, you are not allowed for your property and/or rights from the bill of rights, and/or your life taken away without due process of law. Since homosexual behavior by itself is not a crime, it would stand to logic that agreements made by power of attorney, including the will, healthcare directive, property ownership, and child custody, are all taken care of, only if one, homosexual or not, is convicted of a crime by a trial in court, can any of these things by law be cancelled, and should citizens steal or inflict harm, they would be criminally prosecuted. In short, the whole same-sex marriage issue is a distraction, and depends on you not remembering the law as it is already stated in the constitution. However, it sounds better when a law is formed to claim protection for a specific group, than if one actually goes back and sees that proper enforcement of already existing law could accomplish the same purpose.

Second, legal protections for shared assets, healthcare directives, and inheritances are separate from legal marriage, so a lot of the arguments you hear and read are red herring.

But, as it stands to reason, it sounds better being part of a self-identified group when someone applauds your identity, and specifically promises your identity protection, rather than state all are equal.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

DrJones wrote:Hmmmm...
SALT LAKE CITY — Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck weighed in on the issue of same-sex marriage recently, saying he defends the right for gay couples to marry.

Speaking with comedic magician Penn Jillette in a segment on Beck's online talk show, the two discussed gay marriage, freedom and the Constitution.

"Let me take the pro-gay marriage people and the religious people — I believe that there is a connecting dot there that nobody is looking at, and that's the Constitution," Beck said. "The question is not whether gay people should be married or not. The question is why is the government involved in our marriage?"

Beck has made similar comments in the past, saying in January: "I have exactly the same opinion on gay marriage that President Obama has, unless he's lying."

And while the comments are in opposition to the Republican Party platform, Beck speaks about the larger discussion surrounding the issue of same-sex marriage, arguing that those who follow the Constitution would be the "ultimate big tent" party.

"What we need to do, I think, as people who believe in the Constitution, is to start looking for allies who believe in the Constitution and expand our own horizon," Beck said. "We would have the ultimate big tent."

On Friday, the U.S. Supreme Court decided to hear California's Prop 8 appeal, where citizens voted down a law that would allow gay couples to marry. The high court will also address the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as one man and one woman.
Dr, this "3rd way" of stopping all marriages and turning it over to churches is not going to happen. There is no big tent party for the Constitution in the US, I'm afraid Mr. Beck keeps heading further into the twilight zone. We can only work to preserve it in LDS influenced areas I'm afraid.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Benjamin Harrison wrote:"Behold, they shall surely gather against thee, not by me; whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. Behold I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall revile against thee in judgement thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." Isaiah 54:15-17 & 3 Ne. 22:15-17. I wouldn't worry about all the possible senarios too much. What ever happens is going to happen, unless we repent and postpone the inevitable. If we are prepared we shall not fear. If there is to be war, may it be in my time so that my children can grow up in peace.

Agreed, the victory will be there, the only question is how soon. I agree, I hope my children can live a life of peace as well. But, if the prophecies are true, then frankly, not even WMDs, terrorists, and the like are a threat. It just frustrates me to no end how many people believe the false-flag threats waved by our politicians way too often.

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

Benjamin Harrison wrote:After our Joel Skousen meeting in Roosevelt, I have been hearing of quite a few who were offended by what Joel was trying to tell us. I guess some people can't take the truth when their little fantasy worlds come crashing down around them.
I got that feeling about some of the people there. The lady in front of me was shaking her head as Joel talked about 911. I imagine that the average person off the street would have thought Joel was off his rocker. There was some good information given that would offend most of the sheeple.
I think a lot of what he said went over many people's heads and the part they caught was contrary to what the MSM has taught them, so they took offense.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this or not...but a group of LDS feminists want to make a statement by going to Church this Sunday in pants...and encouraging the men to wear purple shirts. Apparently they want the priesthood...