The Great White Chief , Chapter by Chapter interesting read

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
britjas
captain of 100

The Great White Chief , Chapter by Chapter interesting read

Post by britjas »

Introduction

Posted May 10, 2010

My Friends,
I’ve come across a rare book privately published in 1971 derived from an even rarer book published in 1960. It has no copyright notice so I believe it is in the public domain. This is one of those stories that makes you wonder how much is true and how much fiction. Thanks goes to Larry Woods for his final edit. Take a read and decide for yourselves.

I’ll post it in several sections. Here is part 1.
The Great White Chief and Indian Messiah
“THE CHOICE SEER”
By NORMAN C. PIERCE

“For Joseph truly testified, saying: A seer shall the Lord my God raise up, who shall be a choice seer unto the fruit of my loins. ” (2Ne. 3:6) Behold, The Man Whose Name Is The BRANCH!

Foreword

This account of the Great White Chief, Echa Tah Echa Nah, was first published in 1960, in Los Angeles by Mother Mary, who says that she received it from an Indian. It appears to be a first person account of two explorers or archaeologists, who are brothers and who do not identify themselves any further than as “Paul and I, ” except to say that they are of Indian blood, and that their parents lived in Chinle, Arizona, in Navajo country.

We are impressed by the great similarity of this story to the one given us by Natoni Nezbah, also a Navajo, which received wide circulation in 1945, both in manuscript and printed form. We did not publish that story. It just went on its own by being copied and re-copied, until finally someone published it.

The events mentioned in the following account appear to have taken place during a three year period in the mid-thirties, and we accept it at its face value as a true account of their adventures and experiences among these White Indians in their sacred city located somewhere near the Guatemala-Yucatan border. We have sought their permission to reprint this part of their account, and purposely omitted the parts concerning their explorations in Peru, and also their discussions of tribal laws, beliefs, marriage laws, and laws of punishment among various North American tribes, as our main interest is in the Chigaraguans and their Great White Chief, Echa Tah Echa Nah, The Mighty and Wise One, whose name is Joseph, the same as his father before him. (From other Indian sources.) IV V

We believe that the Chigaraguans are, indeed, of true Josephite-Nephite lineage, preserved in the protective custody of the Lord from Book of Mormon times to the present, and that they most certainly possess original copies of the ancient Nephite records, also other sacred records and relics which are described herein. Is not all this specifically promised in the following words found in 2 Nephi, 25:21-22 ?

“Wherefore, for this cause hath the Lord God promised unto me (Nephi) that these things which I write shall he kept and preserved, and handed down unto my seed, from generation to generation, that the promise may be fulfilled unto Joseph (my brother), that his seed should never perish as long as the earth should stand. Wherefore, these things shall go from generation to generation as long as the earth shall stand. . . . and the nations who shall possess them shall be judged of them according to the words which shall be written. ”

Is it not logical that the name of Joseph, the brother of Nephi, should be passed along from father to son until this very day to give this people their identity as the descendents of Lehi’s son Joseph, as well as Joseph of Egypt, as premised by Father Lehi in the 3rd Chapter of 2nd Nephi? “For his name shall be called Joseph, and it shall be after the name of his father. ”

Is it too much to believe that this Great White Chief received the Keys of the Kingdom in 1932, as set forth in my book, THE 3 1/2 YEARS? There are seven sections or chapters in that book about this Great Prophet, whose name is The BRANCH, that deserve your reviewing. When he comes should we not readily and whole heartedly accept him as rightly having authority over us, as promised in 3 Nephi, 16:12? Does it not clearly state that we “Believing Gentiles” shall not have power or authority over them? So it follows that they must have power or authority over us.

And let us not be disturbed over the apparent advanced age of this Great Prophet. If he is not already translated, he very soon will be, for it is his promise in The Testament of Levi that: (See also D&C, 8(4:33)

“After that the Lord bath sent vengeance upon them in the Priesthood, then God will raise up a new Priest unto whom all the Lord’s word shall be opened, and he shall execute true judgment upon the earth. . . As a king shall he . shed forth the Light of Knowledge. . . and he shall be magnified over all the world. . . The Heavens shall be opened, and out of the Temple of Glory shall sanctification (or translation) come with the Father’s voice. He shall give abundantly to his children in truth for ever more, and none shall succeed him to the end of the world. ”

And what of the Indian Messiah? We know that the Prophet Joseph Smith twice prophesied that the Messiah would come about 1890. (See. D&C, 130:14-17, and also History of the Church, Vol. 2:182. ) Should not this then be a divine admonition to us to accept the Walker Lake event at its full face value? Where else do you find such a complete fulfillment?

One thing for sure, we will know the facts about all this and much more when the Indian’s DAY OF PURIFICATION comes; which they say is now at hand!

(Please note that the footnotes in the pages of THE GREAT WHITE CHIEF, are ours. We have also shortened some of the chapter titles and provided a few of the subtitles; otherwise the material comes as it was written by the Indian author. -NCP. ) It is our sincere hope The Great White Chief is here when you read this?

britjas
captain of 100

Re: The Great White Chief , Chapter by Chapter interesting r

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER I

A FEW PARTING THOUGHTS

The Great White Chief

(The two archaeologists have just completed an account of their explorations of ancient cities in Peru, known as Machu Picchu, Cuzco and Chan Chan. And now they resume their story as they come into Central America.)

After passing through the Panama Canal, we soon were in the extreme southern part of Guatemala where we remained for a few days before crossing over into the extreme northern part of Nicaragua, where we heard of a lost city over in the Mesquite Indian country.

Soon we were on our way in search of these orphan-like lost cities. Consulting our relief maps, we failed to find the above mentioned cities, so we decided they were too small to chart, and decided to go in search of them.

After twelve days of hiking through swampy jungle country, we got our first glimpse of one of the smaller cities. We found twenty buildings almost completely covered by jungle growth at this one site. We remained at this place five days, and we knew that this had once been inhabited by the Toltecs.

Very little information could be gathered here so we decided to make ‘a large circle in a tour of the other cities, before retracing our steps hack to civilization. At no place did we find more than twelve buildings, and gained next to no data, so we finally abandoned the hope of finding anything worthwhile. We headed straight for the larger modern city known as Quetzal Uenango, and after eleven days of rough traveling, we arrived at our destination and went at once in search of a bathtub, hair cut with all the trimmings, and soma clean clothes. X

We heard of several larger cities in the northern part of Guatemala and some in Honduras. There were stories of one particular temple located in the central part of Honduras that sounded quite interesting. The explorer who had been very near this temple, informed us that he had come to within five miles of this site, and that this temple was truly in taboo country. Native members of his safari refused to go any closer than they were.

The data that he had received from various natives, made it a fact that this temple contained carvings and statues of monkeys. He was so interested in seeing this one great building that he pressed the safari to accompany him into it, but they steadfastly refused to do so and threatened, unless he took them away from this taboo country, they would rebel, leaving him alone to get out the best way he could. He then tried to get the services of other natives, but it seemed that all were superstitious of this taboo country.

He then informed us that we would need a month’s supply of food to carry us through. Paul and I at once got a safari together and started out to outfit It with supplies, and in telling the safari where we were going, they all left us flat, no further questions asked, so that was that. Searching about in our minds, Guatemala City seemed to be a place of opportunity and excitement, so we started out for there.

After arriving at Guatemala City, we loafed around, sightseeing and spending our time in a leisurely fashion, but finding nothing of particular interest. So we left there to go to the Playa of the Quiche. Here we visited some of the extremely old ruins, and took a few day s trip back into the jungle before returning to Guatemala City. We

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER II

Our First Visit

During our preliminary work at Mitla, we had heard so many stories or tales of the White or Chigaraguan Indians. Some of the stories seemed reasonable, while others were doubtful. The director of our expedition requested me to take the necessary supplies and go back to make a survey, if possible, of these White Indians.

Paul had agreed to remain at Mitla and interpret for the group. We talked for a while with the two guides, and made ready to leave. At daybreak the following day, we -left on horseback for the east. By noon we had left the lowlands and were gradual climbing. Jungle growth did not bother us until the late afternoon of our first day, are made camp by the river, and had to build several smudge fires to ward off the mosquitoes and other flying insects.

After a fitful night of tossing, sweating and, bug and insect interference, we pulled up camp before daylight and trekked toward the southeast. By ten o’clock we had made good time and decided to rest, but we had stopped only about an hour, when out of a clear sky a tropical storm broke. It rained off and on until noon. The heat became almost unbearable, so WI! pushed on.

We were slowly climbing again and the jungle growth became bad. After cutting our way C rough dense jungle foliage, we were able to go on until near sundown. Then we made camp. The King River was about a mile above us, so the insects were not so bad, but the day had been a grueling one and we were ready ‘to sleep. 4

Soon after moonrise our horses became frightened and were on the verge of stampeding. I got up to quiet them and soon found out what caused the trouble A young panther on his first raid was causing the commotion.

After five days of traveling through very rugged and mountainous terrain, I first saw the wall that surrounds the domain of the White Chigaraguan Indians! After descending a long slope, and then riding over a level valley, we came to a very large gate. Some of the Chigaraguan men were at the entrance, looking very stoical and remaining silent.

After a preliminary talk by the two guides. I was introduced to the people at the gate. After talking to them in their native language, an Aztec dialect, for some time, I was informed that they had no hostile feelings for me, an outsider. After a short conversation with them I was introduced to their historian.

After a few sand writings and general talk in regard to myself and my people, I was permitted to come into the city. I was greatly impressed by their buildings and homes. All were in very light or white color, and were constructed of stone or wood. They were colored with a substance something like our whitewash. All of them were of one story structure, with two or three rooms approximately 12 x 14 feet, but there were also others that had six or eight rooms of the same size.

The most notable feature of the people was the clothes they wore. Instead of the customary shirt and trousers that most of the Indians of North America wear, the Chigaraguan clothing consisted of a robe made very similar to a bathrobe (with marks and symbols on it). The sleeves are very long and the robe ties in front with three tie strings. The length of 5

the robe is usually to the arch of the foot, or at least to the ankle. Also there is a cowl or hood. Everyone wears the same, men, women and children. All are made of homespun wool, very soft, and of a porous weave. They wear light, white boots of a soft, white leather. -Such is the dress of the Chigaraguans.

It was the smile and the serene greeting of the people that became so noticeable during the short time I was first among them. Shortly I was taken to their great leader, The Mighty and Wise One, Echa Tah Echa Nah.

At their most sacred Temple, the people gather for religious purposes only. It is here that the most sacred rites are administered, marriages, baptisms, blessings, and the last rites for the dead. Every thirteenth and twenty-sixth day are set aside for the gathering of the people to this most sacred Temple.

Always present at these meetings are his counselor, Yin Nah She, Aban Kar, his second counselor, his twelve council members, and the tribal historian. A complete record is kept of all proceedings for future reference.

A small room adjoining the sacred Temple is set aside for the library where both sacred and historical records are kept. They date back prior to 480 B. C. and have been written on parchment and skins, and some are on metal plates. There are records in many ancient languages. Many are written in hieroglyphics pictographs, and petroglyphs.

There is no disease, vice, crime or tension among these people. Theirs is a true Utopia, I was given a beautiful blessing in one of the temples, and saw many of their sacred records. 6

As the two guides and I made ready to depart, we were invited into the temple, blessed and given gifts from each of the sixteen council members. An invitation was extended for us to return anytime. Reluctantly, we took leave of the Chigaraguan people, and after five day’s travel, we returned to Mitla.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER III

The Mitla Legend

MITLA, without a doubt, proved one of the most interesting cities of any we had the pleasure of working in during our entire three year expedition. We found the most beautiful stone work and mosaic of fine inlay patterns. The precision with which the city was laid out was remarkable. We found many interesting artifacts and secured a great deal of data by our daily contacts with the Indian people living nearby.

I had the pleasure of learning a very interesting legend of Natla during one of the ceremonies held by the Indian people. This was told us by one of the wise old men of the tribe. He started by saying:

“Many, many suns ago before the mountains had grown, a great city thrived where the ruins now stand. The people were happy and gay. There was harmony and peace, and abundance and industry. They reached a high degree of development and enjoyed an advanced civilization and culture because of their education and seeking after the higher truths.

“There were great teachers among them, white-robed ones who had come from afar, they knew not where. The wisdom and perfection gained from their teaching was far beyond the knowledge the inhabitants could have gleaned from their own efforts. Then pride and lust for power took hold of the people. The greed for wealth and the desire for domination over their brothers began to creep into their lives, 8

“They hearkened less and less to the teachings and truths of the noble, white-robed ones, who had brought them up to such a peak of perfection and civilization. The people were drunk with independence, wealth and power. Crime began to enter their lives, Then immorality and dissolute living turned them away forever from the high morals and righteous teachings of their white-robed mentors. They were warned to repent and cease their wickedness, but they had become hardened and turned deaf ears to all pleadings.

“Destruction descended upon them. One morning they who had arrived, awoke to behold a flat, barren earth before them. The beautiful city was gone. The white-robed beings had departed. Nothing but desolation stretched before them. Only the foundations of the beautiful buildings remained; and to this day it remains thus. One can see only the subterranean city of empty foundations, which is all that remains of the once beautiful city of culture and learning and high attainment. ”

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER IV

Chi Chi Suma

After visiting several sights in the Quiche country, Paul and I Were guests of Chi Chi Suma, who was the leader of all the Quiche Indian people throughout Guatemala. The Quiche have a very peculiar law, A person from the outside world is not welcome among them until Chi Chi Suma accepts them and makes known to the people that the outsider is welcome among them. Anyone who breaks this law and accepts an outsider without the approval from the chief, has a mental curse put upon him. There have been many cases of this curse known. Infect, Chi Chi Suma put a curse upon his own daughter for breaking this secret law, and she dwindled away and died not long after.

The Quiche’s mode of living is somewhat similar to the Chigaraguans, but not to the same extent, owing to the fact that the Chigaraguans are in such an isolated place, having no contact with the outside world. Whereas the Quiches live near many of the thriving cities of Guatemala, and are in daily contact with the outside.

Living among the Quiches, for a short period, Paul and I were accepted and later on adopted by Chi Chi Suma, and accepted by all the people. We were taught many things pertaining to their laws, rituals and traditions, and were soon permitted to take an active part in all their daily activities.

Not long after this adoption, we were taken to one of the more remote villages where we were informed by Chi Chi Sutra that the people were preparing for the Fire Dance, which was to take place during the near future. After making ourselves comfortable to remain there, we started to take part in their preparations also, upon an invitation extended to us by Chi Chi Suma. 10 11

We busies. . ourselves for several days under the watchful eyes and instructions of one of the elder sages who had taught many of the Quiches their part in this magnificent, ceremonial Fire Dance. Each one taking part in this sacred ritual, must make his entire costume as described by the old sage, and we were no exception.

Working very diligently weaving the short skirts and the breast harness (made similar to a lady’s brassier), also a long cape of the color chosen by the instructor, to be worn over the entire costume, our regalia was completed when the time came to use it. The feather headdresses are made of exquisite bird plumage of one color. The white pad-boots are made similar to those worn by the Chigaraguan people.

Paul and I trained faithfully to take part in this magnificent spectacle. We had both taken part in many dances and ceremonials, but none so elaborate or more sacred that the Fire Dance. It was necessary to remain with this group of dancers until the part in the ceremonial was perfected. We practiced from four to six hours each day to the music of the tom toms, reeds and an instrument similar to that of the xylophone. They simply beat sticks together in the rhythm of the music, at times making a cymbal-like crash.

When the dance was mastered to the satisfaction of our tutor, information came that it was expected of us, not only to take part in the ceremonial dance, but to accept also the honor and distinction of marching in the grand procession, walking side by side with Chi Chi Suma and his great council circle, each bearing his firestick.

Three days before the celebration of this gala event, all dancers taking part were summoned before Chi Chi Suma, who gave a lengthy talk in regard to the significance of the Fire Dance, and he praised all who had practiced so faithfully. The second day prior to the dance was spent in giving thanks and praise to Itla, the Fire God. The last day prior to the dance, last minute inspections were made to be sure all things might be in readiness by dawn of the following day.

All during the night people from nearby villages and many from distant villages, made pilgrimages to the site to witness the ceremonial, which had not been portrayed for fifty-two years.

Next morning at daybreak, came the hour of prayer. Then all the dancers, dressed in the ceremonial costumes, met at the Playa of the Quiches. Chi Chi Suma and all of his councilmen were dressed in all of their ceremonial splendor to head the great procession.

The one who lights the firestick is the one who was born on the day of the last Fire Dance, fifty-two years ago. On this occasion there were three who were born on that day, two ladies and one man. Chi Chi Suma bade all three place their torches in the great firepot and light their torches. Then, to the beating of the tom toms and the music of the reed-blowers, this grand ceremonial parade started its trek to the great amphitheatre-like recess hidden away in the nearby mountains. The procession was led by the three torch bearers, followed by Chi Chi Suma, Paul and me. Immediately in the rear were his great council, followed by all the dancers, making one of the most colorful processions ever to be witnessed.

As the procession slowly wound its way toward the great amphitheatre, all the people reviewing this parade chanted in the rhythm of the reed-blowers and tom toms. Upon the arrival of this procession at the amphitheatre, Chi Chi Suma, with his council, and Paul and I were seated in respective places of dignity. 13 12

The three torch bearers entered into the arena followed by all the dancers who were to take part. Half the reed-blowers and drummers were seated on each side of the arena, while the remaining half of the musicians took their places among the spectators to relieve the others at a designated time during the dance.

Soon the great amphitheatre was filled with spectators. At a signal by Chi Chi Suma, the stick crackers gave a crash with their sticks and a hush fell over this tremendous crowd. Chi Chi Suma arose and addressed the people and gave a short prayer. Then upon a gesture from him the Fire Dance started.

The three torch bearers touched their torches to a large fire bowl filled with a pitch-like substance and a great flame shot upward. Surrounding this bowl were thirteen young ladies, each having two sticks in her hand. They thrust these into the flames and withdrew the burning sticks. Then, turning from the bowl, they faced a great circle of male dancers. The length of these sticks was about eighteen inches.

With a quick, underhand motion, each girl in her turn, threw the lighted firestick to the male dancer opposite her, who caught it as it made the second complete turn in the air. Then the action went to the dancer next to the first. After all the firesticks had been lighted, and each dancer held his stick aloft in his right hand to the music of the reeds and tom lams and sticks, they marched twice around the arena each dancer taking his respective position.

Immediately the drums and the sticks ceased making any sound, and to the music of the reeds, started one of the most beautiful and precise juggling acts that one could ever hope to see. These many torches were exchanged between the dancers, each being tossed high into the air with perfect timing and precision, in many different patterns. All the while the reed- blowers were playing shrill, plaintive music. During this time, all the lady dancers gradually withdrew, leaving only the male dancers in the arena. This, we consider one of the greatest displays of juggling ever to be accomplished. At a certain pitch from the reed-blowers, the tom toms gradually broke in. The act of juggling decreased and soon each torch bearer was holding his lighted firestick aloft in his right hand.

The music abruptly stopped and the chanting of praise from the spectators was under way. Upon a signal from the drummers, all the male dancers slowly marched out of the arena, leaving only the great flaming fire bowl in the center. The first part of the dance was over.

Many of the spectators remained in their seats while others walked about to stretch their legs and to discuss current events. Paul and I excused ourselves from Chi Chi Suma and went among the people, chatting here and there, and winding up at the huge food center to help ourselves to the many delicacies spread before us. Here the people discussed the dance they had just witnessed or, on the other hand, if this was the first dance they had witnessed, excitement ran high in their eloquence of its enjoyment. All spectators were arrayed in the very finest raiment.

Paul and I returned to Chi Chi Suma and his councilmen, and described to him how highly we had enjoyed the event thus far. Chi Chi Suma signaled to the drummers, and they in turn started a slow muffled beat on the tom toms, calling the people to assemble again for the last part of the dance.

As the people gathered to their respective places, Chi Chi Suma called one of the ladies holding the sacred firestick, and bade her bring it to him. He and his chief adviser arose, turning to Paul and me, he placed the burning firestick in my hand and informed 15

me that I was to take his place as leader of the people, and Paul would be my chief counselor during this part of the dance, while Chi Chi Suma and his chief counselor went fo; a much needed rest.

Soon the tom toms stopped beating, Chi Chi Suma bade Paul and me stand up, and while I was still holding the lighted firestick, Chi Chi Suma removed my cape, while his chief counselor removed Paul’s cape. Then Chi Chi Suma placed his cape around my shoulders, and his counselor did likewise for Paul. Chi Chi Suma then removed my feathered headdress and placed his own special headdress upon my head. His counselor did the same for Paul.

Chi Chi Soma called to his people and said, “My son shall. be your leader, and his brother shall be his adviser until this part of the Fire Dance is over. I ask your approval. ” Immediately a cry of approval arose From the people, who rose to their feet, shouting, “Chek Ta! Chek Ta!” (approval).

Chi Chi Some very rapidly described to me what I should do, and he and his counselor quietly retired from the tribunal box. Immediately after Chi Chi Suma’s departure, I rose to my feet, which was the signal for the reed-blowers, tom toms and stick clackers to begin the music. I motioned to one of the three ladies who carried the firesticks, to come to me. ‘often she approached, I stooped from the tribunal box and touched my lighted firestick to the one she held, lighting it. She then turned and walked away. Another of the three came to the tribunal box and in the same manner her firestick was lighted. The third lady who approached me, had no firestick in her hand, so I leaned down from the tribunal box and placed my lighted firestick in her band.

On each side of the great, burning fire bowl stood two rows of lady dancers, twenty-five on one side and twenty four on the other side, with unlighted fire-sticks in their right hands. The one to whom I had given my firestick headed the line of twenty-four, she making the twenty-fifth dancer in that line. The other two ladies who carried the lighted firesticks, walked down the lines on opposite sides of the fire bowl and lighted the firesticks of each dancer.

The costumes of the women were made of a sieve-less, form-fitting blouse of about a Chinese-red color. The skirt, of the same material and color, reached just below the knees and was very full. Around the waist they wore a three-inch blue sash. A head-band to match was worn over their shoulder length hair. All wore white pack-boots, reaching to about three inches below the kneecap,

As soon as all the firesticks were lighted, and the fifty-two dancers started to chant, the music at once changed. The drummers and stick-clackers ceased and only the reed-blowers produced music for this part of the dance. As soon as the tom toms and sticks ceased to play, the ladies marched to the huge fire-bowl to the music of the reeds, first in single file, then each one touching her left hand to the right hand of the firestick bearer behind her. Breaking from this pattern, they formed pairs and marched around the firebowl. From this they broke into single file again, intertwining as they marched around the fire-bowl.

This part of the dance is quite slow, but the pattern of the dance changes rapidly and it lasts for apparently thirty minutes. Just before time for the dance to end, the tom toms and sticks took up the rhythm, indicating that this part of the dance was ended; upon which the ladies marched in single file to the exits of the arena amid the wild applause of the spectators. IV , 16

A recess of several hours was in progress until late afternoon, when the third and final part of the dance was to begin. Everyone again partook of food and chatted with each other and played with the children. Chi Chi Suma and his counselor mingled with the people, and Paul and I enjoyed this close contact with the people on a day set aside for so sacred an occasion.

Chi Chi Suma pointed to a shadow on the rocks and reminded the people that it was time for everyone to assemble in the arena for the last part of the dance. Slowly the great arena began to fill. The reed-blowers started to make music. When the shadow reached a certain mark on the stone marker, Chi Chi Suma signaled for the final part of the dance to begin.

Turning to Paul and me he said, “My son, you and your brother will go to the arena and take your part in the ceremony that you have been taught. ” We adjusted our own headdresses and went down the runway and entered into the arena by the same way all the other dancers had entered. We looked about for our instructor, and soon found him conversing with some of the other dancers. He saw us and beckoned us to come to him. After a few final hasty words of instruction, he gave Paul and me an unlighted firestick each and told us to take our respective places among the dancers.

The stick-clackers, upon a signal from Chi Chi Suma, started the slow rhythmic beat, and a silence fell over the entire arena. When all was quiet, Chi Chi Suma and his council members all arose and Chi Chi Suma immediately began to pray. Upon conclusion of the prayer, he signaled for the reed-blowers and the drummers along with the stick-clackers to begin and the final part of the Fire Dance was under way.

Paul took a very brief part and immediately left the arena. Upon completion of my part I left the arena, too, and together Paul and I joined Chi Chi Suma and the council members, to witness the final part of the grand spectacle.

All the fifty-two men and fifty-two women appeared in this final part- Each dancer marched by the fire-bowl and lighted his firestick at the beginning of the dance. This is the most sacred part of the dance, and was very quietly and precisely carried out. There was no wild scampering or twirling of the firesticks here. The dancers marched and entwined in twos and fours to perfection.

Near the close of the dance, two members entered the arena while the dance was still in progress, and on the left side of the firebowl from the council members, set a huge drum upon a low pedestal. At the same time two members entered carrying a large pottery jar of water which they set on the right side of the firebowl. The clackers and drummers ceased their rhythmic beating, leaving only the plaintive music of the reeds to be heard.

There came a very brief pause and the two who had brought in the big drum started to beat out deep, intonating sounds which signaled the reed-blowers to cease their playing. The drummers beat upon the huge drum for about three minutes and immediately came to a pause. Chi Chi Suma arose at this brief pause and announced to the people that the sacred ceremonial dance had been danced in honor of Itla the Fire God, whom he knew was well pleased and would bestow his blessings upon the earth people. In a very humble and reverent voice he said that fifty-two years would pass before another dance would be held, and he knew he would not be there to see the third one. He gave his blessing to the people and a special blessing to Paul and me; and to the music of the reed-blowers and the tom tom beaters, all the people returned to their homes. 18

That night Paul and I sat and talked with Chi Chi Suma and he related many incidents that had happened in the long, dead past, as well as many things that had happened during his life. We stayed among the Quiches and made ready to go up into Mexico or Yucatan.

On our day of departure, we had a lengthy visit with Chi Chi Suma and his counselors. As we left the Quiche people, Chi Chi Suma rode a short distance with us, and gave Paul and me a very beautiful blessing. Then he turned slowly to return to the land of the Quiches, and Paul and I went on our way, always remembering Chi Chi Suma as a great man, both in intelligence and in spirituality.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER V
The Golden Library

Prior to our leaving the Quiche country, Chi Chi Sum a made mention of the Golden Library that was located somewhere up in Yucatan country, and told us a group of Indian people was in possession of the knowledge of the Golden Library. He also informed us that if we were seeking knowledge of the Golden Library, we were to relate to their leader, whose name was Itzla Chelan, and we were to tell him of our having been accepted and adopted by the Chigaraguan people and about our being accepted and adopted by Chi Chi Suma, and the part we had in the Fire Dance and also to take a message of good will to Itzla Chelan and his people from Chi Chi Suma and the Quiche people.

After leaving the ruins of Tical, we treked into Guatemala and worked at the City of Coban. Since the area around Coban had been gone over with a fine tooth comb by other explorers, we found very few artifacts. All other data found by us had been previously reported by those who had preceded us to the spot.

Traveling north by east, we went through Mestiquea country where we found very few ruins, and those few we did find were so badly deteriorated that no artifacts were found there. We touched near the border of British Honduras, and from the Indian people there heard many stories in regard to a group who inhabited the Campeche, Quintana Roo country.

Being much interested in the stories we heard regarding the Golden Library that was in the possession of these Indian people known as the Tzichallas, and whose leader is known as Itzla Chelan, we entertained 20

ideas of visiting them. These people live within no specified boundary or reservation, but are just on the move, truly a nomadic race. They move at their pleasure and leisure, staying two or three or even five or more days at one place before moving on. During the rainy season, they may remain at one spot at least two months, and sometimes longer, perhaps three months. Game, fruits, and vegetables are abundant, as well as fish and fowl. Therefore they are not tied down to farming nor to any specific form of livelihood that would keep them in one place.

The more tales we heard in regard to this group of people, the more we became interested. Finally, it was decided to penetrate into their country and to get as much data as possible on this tribe, but our main interest was the Golden Library.

Not long after our departure from the Honduras border, we encamped near the city of San Felipe. Here we gathered as much information as we possibly could regarding the whereabouts of the Tzichalla people. Getting no information as to their whereabouts, we penetrated deeper into the jungle country, coming at length to Lake Aguada Corina, not far from which we contacted a small group of Otopec Indians, who told us the location of Itzla Chelan and his people. The two hours spent with the Otopecs were pleasant and informative as the group was very friendly.

The route to Tzichalla country brought us into the most uninhabited part of the jungle we had ever been through. Animal life was abundant making this a perfect hunters’ paradise. The spot where Itzla Chelan and his group were then encamped was surrounded by deep swamps and such thick underbrush that the difficulty with which it was reached made it seem more isolated than any other part of the country. The entire strip of highland was surrounded by almost impenetrable entwining vines and vine-like trees. 21

As the entire trip had to be made on foot, one could not expect to cover very much ground in a day’s trek, so the small hunting party we came upon a few days later was warmly welcomed. In a very short time they became quite friendly, inviting us to join their group, sharing with us their game, and exchanging sign-talk with us. Their invitation to accompany them to their leader, Itzla Chelan, was accepted without any hesitation.

Although many of the hunters were laden with the fruits of their hunt, they offered to assist us with our traveling equipment. Traversing the few miles from the hunters’ camp, we came upon a large clearing within which were a number of huts crudely constructed of jungle growth, vines, leaves, and grasses woven into mat-like material.

Immediately upon our arrival there, the women took charge of the game brought in by the hunters, and set to work to prepare it for a feast. The pride of the individual at once made itself manifest in the cleanliness and modesty of dress, and the orderly cleanliness of their surroundings. There were no piles of debris visible, and the ground about the huts was swept clean leaving a brick hardness to the earth.

All the people seemed friendly, none appeared to be suspicious of our group being there. As soon as the hunters were relieved of their burdens, the leader of the party invited us to come with him to the largest hut. When we arrived at the door, the hunter asked us to remain outside while he entered. He was in the hut only a very few minutes before he reappeared followed by Itz la Chelan, who, after greeting us cordially, invited us to enter into his hut. Paul and I entered the hut, leaving the other members of the expedition on the outside with the hunting party. 22

For a short time we conversed with the chief in the sign language because neither Paul nor I had yet mastered their language enough to speak it fluently. The chief was a large man of very striking appearance, with intelligence and wisdom far superior to that of other leaders with whom we had come in contact.

Remaining in the village for a short period, becoming accustomed to their habits and ways of living Paul and I finally broached the subject of the Golden Library. Two of his advisers were present when we spoke to Itzla Chelan of this subject, and we immediately noticed the change of attitude of all three of them. The conversation carried on among all three of them was switched from their own native tongue to one that was strictly foreign to Paul and me. During the course of the conversation, the leader would question us in the sign language. We would answer and our reply in turn, would be spoken to the two advisers in the foreign language.

After a while the two advisers went out, leaving Paul and me alone with the leader. Be conversed further with Paul and me for a little while, then informed us that we would have to remain there for some time before he would speak of the Golden Library any more. He neither encouraged nor discouraged our hope of hearing about the library. We readily accepted his invitation to remain. Taking our leave of him, we hurried to inform the others of his decision and our plans.

During the following ten days that we were their guests while they were camped at this spot, the leader and T never mentioned the Golden Library. On the eleventh day he informed us that they were about to move, and for us to make preparations for the move if we cared to remain with them. We informed the rest of our party of the invitation, and the following morning we accompanied them to the next camp site, arriving after four days on the move. 23

The eight days spent at this site were devoted to bunting, resting, playing games, just as at the last camp site. But not once during the eight days did Itzla Chelan make any mention of’ the Golden Library. We were again invited to accompany them to the next camp site, which we readily accepted, for we knew that they were going through worse jungle country than we had previously been through.

We were on the move five days before we reached the next place, where we remained for twenty-seven days. After A couple of days of much needed rest, we resumed our daily routine with them as we had at the other two camps.

On the ninth day, Itzla Chelan asked us into his hut. When we arrived there he immediately started the conversation and was soon on the subject we had waited so long to discuss -the Golden Library. The trend of the conversation was toward Paul and me in regard to the Golden Library, but not once did he refer to other members of our party. He asked us many questions about ourselves as well as about the people from our Indian country.

We gave him a brief sketch of our lives, which he enjoyed immensely, especially of our exploration and research work. He was very deeply interested in the ways of living of other Indian people, which we minutely described to him. Toward the late evening be called a halt to our conversation and informed us that he would send for Us later on that night. Paul and I had explained to the other members of our expedition what had taken place, which seemed to bring a ray of encouragement to all of them.

We had about given up hope of his sending for us that night, when there came a call from the outside of our hut, informing Us that Itzla Chelan wished to speak with us. We were greeted cordially by him and 24 25

his two advisers. The conversation was resumed with much the same trend as it had been earlier that night.

Paul and I mentioned Echa Tah Echa Nah in connection with our exploration, and a greater interest was at once perceived. He questioned us in minute detail about the Chigaraguan people. In the course of our description of the White Indian people and how we had been accepted by them we told him of our adoption into the tribe and our invitation to return to the Chigaraguan people any time we so desired.

It was then be agreed to explain about the Golden Library in minute detail. Giving us his promise to return the next night and tell us his story, we all retired. Paul and I were so highly elated that we had to awaken the other members of the expedition. We gleefully related the degree of success we had attained that night. We slept soundly, but awoke the next morning earlier than usual with a song in our hearts and happiness in our minds. A few hours hence we would know whether or not what we had been seeking was only , a legendary myth, or the truth and a fact.

Late in the afternoon we became impatient, wishing for the night to fall, as we were eager to hear Itzla Chelan’s story. After what seemed an eternity, night settled over the jungle and Itzla Chelan’s messenger stood silhouetted against the high tropical moon, delivering his request for us to join him in his hut. Paul and I were seated facing Itzla Chelan and his two council members, and the story began. As the significance of the story unfolded, Paul and I became so deeply engrossed that the thin streaks of dawn were coloring the sky before we realized the passage of time.

The same description of the Golden Library that he gave to us will not be attempted, but to the best ability of the writer, all that possibly can be told without breaking a sacred trust, will be passed on.

Itzla Chelan started off by extracting from us a vow that we would never divulge to any one all of the information that we had received from him. He described to us that this vast library contained all the history of the world from the beginning of time up to the present day, and also into the future.

Knowing that Paul and I were of Indian blood, he talked more freely about many of the recordings that had actually happened during his lifetime as leader of the people. Be even reached farther back into the past to the first book that was written at the beginning of time. All great and notable events that had happened were mentioned.

Paul and I were very much interested when he told us that the vast library had been brought to the western world from the old world. These records contained all the history of the old world from the beginning up to the time the records were brought to the new world. From that time hence, a record of all important events have been added as they occurred up to the present time. These books contain all the data and history of Peru, Ecuador, Columbia and some parts of Brazil. From what he described to us, we were under the impression that there was also a story pertaining to Central America, their advancement and progress up to the time of the Spanish invasion.

What information we received from ltzla Chelan indicated that these records were in possession of the Inca people at one time During the time of the Spanish invasion, they were smuggled out of Peru prior to the fall of the Inca civilization. For some time the records were in Peru, also in Columbia, but they were guarded with the utmost secrecy and kept on a continual move, always ahead of the Spanish Conquistadores. They were brought up into Central America, and at one time were in the care of the Maya, and later on were in care of the Toltecs, finally coming into possession of the Aztecs. 26

During the time of Cortez’s invasion, they were smuggled out of what is now Mexico City, taken by day and by night by a group who vowed to always see that these records were safely kept. and to guard them with their lives. About the time of the fall of the Aztec nation, they were taken to a place of secrecy, known only to but a very choice few. where they have been hidden and guarded, and where they are now located. The exact hiding place of this priceless library is known to only a handful of the highest and most elect leaders of the Indian people of the Western Hemisphere.

Many things that Itzla Chelan mentioned during this conversation with us, will have to be omitted for as Itzla Chelan had at the beginning of his story sworn us to absolute secrecy, we again at the close of his talk took our vow, and this sealed our lips forever about certain portions of his talk to us.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER VI

We Are Witnesses

After receiving our pledge, Itzla Chelan agreed to take us to a spot where we could have the great honor and privilege of seeing one of the books of the Golden Library. We were very happy over his promise. Dismissing the two council members, Itzla Chelan told Paul and me that we would start on our journey the following afternoon. He bade us goodnight with his blessings and asked us to make preparations to leave toward sundown.

Leaving Itzla Chelan, Paul and I went directly to the other members of our party who were very much disappointed when they learned that only we two would have the privilege of seeing this one book of the Golden Library. Paul and I slept, the others talked among themselves about the prospective trip. At noon we awoke and made the necessary preparations to accompany Itzla Chelan and his party, meanwhile becoming quite restless as the afternoon wore on toward evening.

As the sun was setting, we left our camp site traveling on very unfamiliar pathways through the jungle, but the other members of the party seemed to know this particular trail very well. We traveled through the biggest part of the night, making camp just at daybreak where we rested until mid-morning.

The other members of ltzla Chelan’s party were ready to eat again when he called us out of a very deep sleep. Everyone ate heartily of our second hastily prepared cold breakfast. After traveling that way for five days and nights, on the sixth morning, Itzla Chelan notified us that we were getting very near the end of our journey. By this time we had 29 28

come out of the swamp lands and jungle growth onto higher terrain, which was more like desert land in many places. Surrounding this desert land was a small area of what appeared to be lava rock, or some sort of volcanic substance.

One of the council members broke the news to Paul and me that the rest of the way we were to be blindfolded, regretting that this would make that part of the journey very difficult for us. dust before we stumbled blindly along on the last leg of our journey, we asked of the whereabouts of Itzla Chelan, and we were informed by one of the council members that he had gone ahead, leaving the two councilmen and two of the safari to assist Paul and me along the path.

After explaining the necessity for the blindfold, the council member bade us close our eyes. He then placed large folded papaya leaves over our eyes, and placed on top of the leaves a heavily woven band, securing it in a fashion that it was impossible for any light to penetrate.

Soon we were on the march, one of the councilmen and one of the safari assisting me and one of the councilmen and one of the safari assisting Paul. Our assistants were very thoughtful, when there was an unusually high step, one of them would tell us to be ready for the next step, and so eased the jolting considerably. On going down the sharp inclines, one of them would step in front of us, place our hands on his shoulders, and the other would step behind us, with his hands on our shoulders, guiding us as we kept in step.

After stopping to rest many times, we came to the end of what seemed to be an endless chain of high mountains, low valleys, mucky swamp lands, and desert land. For five hours we had walked through the disturbing terrain before being informed that our journey had come to a close. This was, indeed, welcome news.

We were assisted into a sitting position where our blindfolds were removed making us much more comfortable. As soon as our eyes became accustomed to the light, Itzla Chelan warmly welcomed us and motioned for us to follow him, lie led us a short distance through thick jungle growth to a small clearing. On the far side of the clearing two white blankets were suspended from the low branches of the trees. Immediately in front of these blankets was an altar-like pedestal covered with another white blanket upon which rested, unopened, one of the books of the Golden Library!

Opposite Paul and me, and on the other side of the pedestal, took Itzla Chelan with his two councilmen. The two members of the safari who had assisted Paul and me along the trail, were nowhere to be seen. Itzla Chelan invited Paul and me to examine the book, which we did with very great reverence.

The top and bottom covers of the book were of a white marble-like stone about a quarter of an inch thick. These pieces of stone measured about ten inches long. Between these two thin slabs of stone were the leaves, which were about nine and one-half inches wide and thirteen inches in length. The leaves of this book were composed of metal, which Paul and I took to be brass or copper of a very light hue.

As we lifted the book we knew immediately by its weight that its leaves were not made of gold. These leaves were about the thickness of three or four sheets of ordinary bond typing paper. The book was held together by three small metal rings spaced equally apart at the back of the book. At the center top, and center bottom, as well as the center front, were placed additional rings like those in the back of the book, holding it closed together.

We were permitted to open the book and examine its contents. By unlocking and lifting out the rings 30 31

in the center front, top and bottom, the exquisitely polished stone cover was turned back, exposing the very finely hammered metal plates. Delicately chiseled into the metal sheets were characters which Paul and I, during any part of our career, had never seen anything exactly like it.

Turning page after page, we saw these curious characters and questioned Itzla about them. He casually shrugged his shoulders, smiled and said, “That is the written Voice that spoke sometime close to the beginning.

When asked if there were any other books that resembled this one, he very readily answered that there are many others from whence this one came; many of them larger, but none smaller than this one. There are many different tongues that are used in the remaining ones. Wishing to press him no farther, we refrained from questioning him about the others, for we were highly elated over being privileged to see this one book.

Near sundown Paul and I were still deeply engrossed in the book but Itzla Chelan told us that we :should make ready for the night as we would remain at this spot until morning. We obediently went about the task of making ourselves comfortable for the night, then went over to look upon this book again. Soon darkness overtook us and we settled down to sleep. Prior to our retiring, we both distinctly remember seeing the book on the blanket, and the other two blankets hanging from the trees which we spoke of before going to sleep.

Upon awakening the next morning, we were greeted by Itzla Chelan and the other members of our party. Looking at once to the spot where the Golden Library book had rested the night before, we saw no trace of its having been there. Seeing our wistful glance, Itzla Chelan told us that during the night he had re- turned it to its place among the other books of the Golden Library which remained hidden somewhere in that country.

After a rather leisurely breakfast, we made preparations to return to Itzla Chelon’s people and the other members of the expedition. The blindfolds were again placed over our eyes before departure for our return trip, and we were informed by one of the councilmen that we would return over the same route that we had taken to bring us to our present whereabouts.

Our having traversed this trail made it no easier to travel under the same conditions. After numerous rests and traveling all day, our blindfolds were removed by Itzla Chelan in the late afternoon. Making camp here the first night, we traveled unblindfolded for the next few days and nights, resting for a short time at long intervals, and after an uneventful trip found ourselves back in Itzla Chelan’s country with our friends.

The success of our trip greatly excited our expedition party. We had been gone fifteen days and they were becoming concerned about our safety. Putting their fears at rest, we described our adventure through the biggest part of the night. We told them all that has been told here, and after they seemed well satisfied at hearing our experiences, we all retired for a much needed sleep.

The following morning we went about our daily routine as we had done before with Itzla Chelan’s people. Three days later we were informed that we were to prepare to move again the following day. Upon arising the following day, we were called before Itzla Chelan. After our usual opening greetings that lasted about thirty minutes, he informed Paul and me that he would send an escort to take us back to the point from which we started prior to our coming into Itzla Chelan’s country. 32

We prepared at once to depart. He gave us all a very fine send off, and invited Paul and me to visit him again at a later date. After twelve days of uneventful travel, our escort told us that their part of the journey was ended awl they were to return to Itzla Chelan. After a brief farewell, they were going back to their people and we were returning to the “civilized world” again. Our mission had been successfully completed.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTFAZ VII

Back to Echa Tah Echa Nah

(“Wherefore, I will that all men shall repent for all are under sin, except those which I have reserved unto myself, holy men ye know not of. ” (See Doctrine and Covenants, 498. ) These are they -NCP.

After completing Five expeditions with the various organizations mentioned heretofore, Paul and I decided to freelance. We obtained a two year permit to do research and archaeological work in Old Mexico. After freelancing in Mitla, Monte Alban, Ticul, Pugil, Tecas, Uxmal and Palenque, we decided to abandon our trip and return to the land of the Chigaraguans.

Fifteen days later found us with this charming group quietly celebrating our return. Within a few days we had accustomed ourselves and settled down to the quiet, peaceful living of this people. Daily we would assist the various craftsmen such as the weavers, pottery makers, leather workers and herdsmen, and visit the farmers and other people in nearby communities.

Our work with the weavers consisted of either Paul and I carding or spinning wool, setting up looms or bleaching and washing the wool. Many times we would weave the sides, arms, or backs of the robes worn by all the tribe. 34 35

Pottery work consisted of our mixing clay. Often we patterned and made in our very crude way, bowls, VASQS, and other useful articles. The pottery workers themselves are highly skilled craftsmen in their art; therefore Paul and I offered no serious competition. Their blending of clay and lire baking is without any parallel. All of their products are made to near perfection of modern fire baking, even though they use the primitive methods which they have followed from the beginning.

Plates are a trifle larger than our ordinary dinner plates. Instead of using saucers with the cups they have little bowls the cups sit in. The contents of the cups are poured into the little bowl and sipped. Beautiful and intricate designs, both geometrical, and plant, bird and animal life are used in decorating these priceless artifacts. Three predominating colors are used -blue, shell pink, and golden yellow; these being blended into soft pastel shades against a white background.

Before baking the pottery ware, and while the clay is still wet, the designs are cut into the clay with a sharp instrument, the color desired pressed into the grooves with the fingertips, and finished with a fine wooden instrument to prevent spreading while making. The finished product is an exquisite example of intricate inlay work.

During the periods when there is no immediate need of pottery by the people, the designers plan and make various pieces of pottery to be used for ornamental purposes. Wall plaques are of a more elaborate design than that used on the dinnerware. As an example of some of the beautiful designs carried out on these plaques, the bird pattern is average.

After the colors have been baked into the clay, feathers from the bird depicted in the design, are glued onto the plaque making the pattern appear lifelike. However, before the feathers are attached to the plaque, they are bleached and dyed in one of the three colors. No other colors are used. Dark brown or black are strictly taboo. Harsh colors are never seen. Other designs are carried out in the same way. By the exactness and precision of their geometrical patterns, one would think they have all the modern facilities of exacting measurements. However, all is done in their crude, simple way.

Leather working is of quite simple methods. The tanning of the leather is done under the same method as Indians of old have followed. All leather is bleached white that is used for making their pack-boots. All other leather that is used for making harness and other articles is left in its natural color. No leather work has any kind of design on it.

The farmers and herdsmen are really one and the same, as the herding is done in rotation by each farmer for his neighbor as it comes his turn. All goats are tended by one person, horses by another, turkeys by still another, sheep and all others likewise. Each herdsman leaves his farm work on the day he is to tend the herd. During his absence from the farm, his next door neighbor tends to the herdsman’s place, doing his chores for that one day. Paul and I took our turns along with the others in all these things. 1

During the nine months and sixteen days that we lived with the Chigaraguan people, Paul and I were
1) These people have a perfect United Order and do not use money as they have no need for it. Natoni Nexbah related that when he offered Echa Tah Echa Nah some Mexican pesos for some moccasins that he admired, they were rejected with this soft reproach. “My son, our hills are full of that metal. We find it useful only for tools and ornaments. ” –NCP. 36 37

given a small home by Echa Tah Echa Nah. It was crude and simple and very comfortable, but lacking the modern conveniences and facilities we had known in our world. Radios and electricity, are unknown, as well as many of the comfort giving luxuries that are to be had in the so-called civilized world. The cooking was done en a very crude clay stove in the yard, and all other houses are so arranged. Foods are cooked outside to eliminate the heat and odors of food remaining in the houses.

At the close of the day, after all the chores and work are completed, it has been the custom from the beginning of the Chigaraguan people for each community to gather around a huge fire. After the fires have been lit, discussions of the events of the day are followed by the muffled tones of the tom toms, accompanied by the people singing and chanting their native songs. The grownups who feel quite gay and the children dance and sing to the music of the reed-blowers and the tom toms.

As the fires die out, the deep-throated crooning of lullabies drifts on the soft, blossom-scented night breezes. As the children drop off to sleep and are carried to their homes, quietude settles over the moon-bathed village. The firelighter is the last to leave. He chats softly with those who linger near the last glowing embers of the bonfire. When he has completed his task of extinguishing the last glowing embers, each bids the other pleasant dreams and turns homeward with a singing heart.

The reed-blowers as well as the tom tom drummers have no written music, yet the pattern of harmony and timing is very enthralling. Their music is sweet and plaintive and truly beautiful. To the writer, the high notes of the reeds seemed only a whisper, yet were quite clear, and are most touching and lovely. The memories of each night that Paul and I shared with these people around the huge fires are held very dear and reverently in our hearts.

Those serene and trusting people welcomed Paul and me, not only into their social life, but also expected us to enter into their religious activities with as much dignity and grace. On various parts of their homeland we found their temples of worship, and we were permitted to enter them at any time we desired.

Upon entering the temple, the seating arrangement of the congregation differs greatly from ours. All the men are seated on one side of the building, and the ladies on the opposite side, while the children are seated in the center section. These meetings are held in deep reverence, and the services last from one and a half hours to two hours. No one, not even the children shows the least bit of restlessness.

The meetings are usually presided over by one of the council members, who opens with prayer, followed by a short, simple prayer by each child, who gives a gentle tap on his chair as the signal to the next child that it is his turn to pray. Upon completion of prayer by the children, the ladies pray, tapping their signals as the children did. When the ladies’ prayers are completed the men pray in the same manner.

When prayer services are finished, many things are discussed, both religious and social, among the people with their leader. All their problems are solved at this one great place of meeting. For deeper and more sacred religious rituals, all the people gather at the Most Sacred Temple, which is used for religious purposes only.

In this Temple the most sacred rites are administered, such as marriages, baptisms, blessings, and the last rites for the dead. Every thirteenth and twenty-sixth day is set aside for the gathering of the people

into this Most Sacred Temple. Always present at the meetings is Echa Tah Echa Nah, their leader, Yin Nah Sha, his first counselor; Aban liar, his second counselor; his twelve council members, and the tribal historian.

A complete record is made of all the activities that take place during these meetings. These records are written on doe skin and painstakingly preserved by the tribal historian for future reference in all time to come. Later on I will go into intricate detail of other religious activities in which Paul and I had the honor and pleasure of participating.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER VIII

Echa Tah Echa Nah, The Man

THE MIGHTY AND WISE ONE

“. . and he shall be magnified over all the world. ”

(The Testament of Levi. )

THE SACRED LIBRARY

A small room adjoining the Most Sacred Temple has been set aside for the library where all the records of both sacred and historical nature are kept. These are records pertaining to the Chigaraguan people from the beginning of their history up to the present time. They date back prior to 480 B. C. , and have been written on parchment and skins, some upon metal plates. Records are there in many of the old world languages of ancient times, such as Sumerian, Cuthic, Aryan, Chaldean, Sanskrit, Hittite, First and Second Hebrew, Assyrian; First, Second and Third Egyptian, as well as Moabite. Many are written in hieroglyphics, pictographs, and petroglyphs, as well as those written at later dates, or in modified versions of these languages. Many times Paul and I went there with Echa Tah Echa Nah who read to us and described to us many events of the long, dead past.

Since Echa Tah Echa Nah has not been described previously, this opportunity will be taken to introduce him to our readers so you will understand and know why all Indian people hold him in such great reverence like they do. He is not a giant of a man, however, he stands at a height of about six feet three inches. His weight is approximately two hundred and thirty pounds. He has a very beautiful carriage, very straight and erect, moving along with such grace that he seems to glide rather than walk. It would he hard to believe that he has reached the advanced age of ninety, which he was at the time that we were visiting him. (1936).

A lion head rests upon massive shoulders, his hair is abundant and snow white, worn similar to the Navajo with a large bob bound with wool yarn at the back of his head. The characteristics of his face show calmness and serenity, and very great kindness yet one can readily know that he has the ability to be very stern, firm and hard. His eyes are the most commanding feature, changing in color from dark blue to black, brown, or hazel, depending upon the depth of emotion brought about by the subject under discussion. 4o

It is at once apparent that he is a man of divine inspiration and wisdom. Paul and I were amazed when we learned of his vast knowledge of the various ancient languages, his ability to translate fluently and at random any one of the long dead tongues found in the mammoth library. Regardless of the ancient manuscript from which he was reading, he could translate into the Aztecaza language. He also speaks numerous modern languages, conversing with me in all those known to me and others that I did not know.

He discussed with us many things pertaining to the Chigaraguan people, their mode of living, their laws, religion and beliefs in the past as well as the present. He dwelt at length upon great events that had occurred from the beginning up to the present, and far into the distant future. The longer we stayed and became more acquainted with their beliefs and customs, the deeper he delved into the past, even hack to the Ancient of Ancients.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER IX

Christ’s Visit To America

Our visits to the quiet, mellow library became more frequent. At these times he would describe the most sacred events that had occurred to the people. His description of Christ’s visitation was the most thrilling of all those he related to us. The night before he started to describe this visit to us, we met in the library, and he said at the rising of the sun we would meet and go into the Most Sacred Temple for prayer. Just at sunrise the following morning we met at the designated place, having arising earlier and eaten a hearty breakfast. We entered into the Temple and prayed. After praying we remained in the Temple for meditation, then returned to the library.

While Paul and I seated ourselves, he brought from a small receptacle a large white doeskin, which he unrolled and spread on the table before him. The tribal historian joined us almost at once, and while he was seating himself, Ecba Tah Echa Nah, touching lightly the top corners of the doeskin, looked steadily out of the window with the most wistful expression, as though he were waiting for the answer to a silent prayer. By a slight change of expression we could tell that the answer had come. Than he began to read from the doeskin. I will not attempt to pass on to you word for word the contents of the manuscript that he read to us, but to the best of my ability, I will explain all that I can remember as Echa Tah Echa Nah told it to us.

THREE DAYS OP DESTRUCTION

There were three days and nights of total darkness, great storms of wind and rain arose. Earthquakes raged until the morning of the fourth day. During this horrible catastrophe, the Chigaraguans of that time gathered into the temple, remaining there until the morning of the fourth day, when the sun rose as usual, the earthquakes and storms having subsided. The people left the temples and went about repairing the damages done by this disaster.

Just before noontime, the people became greatly distressed due to a light in the sky. It was of much greater brilliance than the sun, and directing its progress slowly earthward, coming straight to the Chigaraguan city. Again the people rushed to the temples, many of them prostrating themselves upon the ground, believing that after three days and nights of darkness and destruction, followed by this unusual light, this was truly the end of their existence.

A few people, braver than the others who were prostrate upon the earth, watched the approach of this light as it came toward them. As it drew nearer, they could discern the outline of the body of a heavenly personage. Around this personage, (many of the Chigaraguans believe to this day), was a robe made of quetzal bird feathers. (The author believes, however, that in the confusion they mistook the halo of light around Christ for what they believed to be a feathered robe around Him. )

As this personage touched the earth and walked among the prostrate upon the ground, the Echa Tah Echa Nah of that time, came forth from the temple to greet Him, inviting him into the temple. The wise-men were assembled and as many people as could get into the temple remained there to listen to this great spiritual being. He showed them His pierced hands and feet, and the wound in His side, and told them of His crucifixion and resurrection, and how He must visit other people of other places.

During His five day visit with the Chigaraguan people, He taught them of all the laws and commandments of His Father in Heaven, Whom they should worship. promising them that if they would live and abide by His laws and commandments, someday He would return and live with them again. He also instructed the wise men to have the laws and commandments that He had given them, written upon that which would never wear away, and that they should be given to the people nearby the Chigaraguans, that they also might follow the same teachings and commandments.

On the morning of the sixth day, they assembled in the temple where He reminded them again of His laws and commandments, which He had given them. He prayed to His Father in Heaven, and in the name of the Father, blessed all the Chigaraguan people, and told them He could remain with them no longer, but had to visit other people of the earth. Then, in a blinding flash of light, He ascended into the sky from whence He had come.

Immediately after Christ’s departure, the Echa Tah Echa Nah of that time commanded that the laws and commandments be written upon metal plates and be given to the others nearby, that they also could abide by and follow them as He had commanded. From that day to the present time the Chigaraguan people have abided by these laws, isolating themselves from the rest of the world, wanting no contact with the outside to deter them from their purpose and their beliefs, always keeping themselves as near perfect as possible, as they expect Him again to visit them at any time, and wish to be always ready to meet Him.

The other tribes to whom the plates were given, lived and abided by them very faithfully for a space of about three-hundred years. At the height of their civilization, becoming vastly wealthy and powerful. The evil forces soon began to grow among the people causing them to become drunken with success and falling away from the commandments that had been given to them.

Soon there became two factions, the good and the evil. The evil forces made war upon the good. The Chigaraguan people call this the Great War, the beginning of which is not known, but probably between 300 A. D. and 350 A. D. Prior to the height of the battles in the Great War, many of the people fled to the north-east, and to the south. Those who managed to escape, especially those going south, married into other tribes whose language differed from the former language of the refugees.

There is no recording of how long the Great War lasted, which no doubt continued over a period of a great many years. At any rate, it lasted long enough for the people to forget their native tongue and when they returned to their abandoned cities after the close of the war, none could speak his former tongue. Over a period of time the survivors created a new language which became universally used among the people. A new key of hieroglyphics, pictographs and petroglyphs was introduced at the same time, which now still survives among this people. The old key of languages and writings used prior to the Great War was completely lost, and to this day less than twenty percent of these writings have been successfully interpreted.

Many Indian tribes surrounding the Chigaraguans have jealously guarded and preserved their original language and writings, using the same now as they did in the beginning of their inhabiting Mexico, which was approximately 480 B. C. The Great War is seldom spoken of by other Indian people, as it is only legendary among them, however, the Chigaraguans are the only ones who have a written record of the momentous event. –Thus ended the words of Echa Tah Echa Nah at this time.

THEIR BELIEF IN PRAYER

Many of the laws and customs, as well as the rituals of the Chigaraguans differ from those of other Indian people. They are deeply sincere in their religious rituals and ceremonies, especially those pertaining to marriage. They follow these laws and customs more rigidly, with more sincerity and reverence than any other known group of Indian people.

It is their practice to pray six to eight times a day. Upon arising, they face the east and give a short prayer of thanks for the night’s rest, the privilege of being alive and in good health. At breakfast-time another prayer of thanksgiving is offered. During the mid-morning, as people go about their duties, a prayer is voiced in thankfulness for the condition of their crops, livestock, and other things they possess. A thanksgiving prayer is said at noontime for the abundance of food that is placed before them. When the evening meal is served, some member of the family again offers thanks. The smallest child may be the one to voice the prayer for the family.

While the groups are assembled around the huge evening fires, someone offers prayer for the welfare and happiness of everyone in the group. Upon retiring each individual prays. The custom upon offering grayer is that the individual bows his head, folds his hands, and humbly voices the opening of the prayer as follows:

“Almighty Creator of all the earth people and of all living things, ‘speak to Thee. ” He then lifts his 46

hands, palms upward toward the sky, as he continues with his prayer. Men, women and children all offer prayer in the same manner.

MARRIAGE

In the early hours of the morning, the people go about their work, but during the hottest part of the day it is customary for them to retire indoors until the heat has subsided. It is like the Mexican siesta. Then they complete their chores for the day around sundown. As the lengthening shadows fade into darkness, and the families begin to group around the evening fires, the young men go calling on girls of their choice to escort them to the gatherings, along with their family. There is no hesitancy or shyness connected with the association of the young men and women. Everyone considers their interest a natural thing and welcomes the opportunity to encourage and cultivate this mutual attraction into courtship and marriage.

Marriage at a young or tender age is strictly taboo, and is unheard of. A young man or young lady is around twenty-one or twenty-two before serious courtship begins. Courtships usually last from four to seven months at least. When the young couple sets the data for their wedding, all the people in the community know about it. Good wishes and congratulations are sent by runner from one community to the other for the couple.

On the day designated, everyone gathers into the Temple to witness this most sacred of all ceremonies. No gifts are brought on this occasion, but everything has been made ready for the couple to set up housekeeping as soon as the ceremony is completed.

As soon as the community in which the young people are to live, learn of the date of their marriage everyone in the community get together to make ready the home of the newlyweds, The men and boys build the house, setup fences and get together the working tools, stock, feedstuff, and all the things the husband will need. The women gather to make the wool into blankets, coverlets, and all manner of things for the young wife to-be to keep house with, storing the cupboards with every kind of food in the community. The various craftsmen contribute whatever is desired to complete the comfort and necessities of the future. Neither the bride nor groom has a hand in these preparations whatsoever.

The actual wedding ceremony is solemnized by one of the high council members. These ceremonies are a very sacred event, and all things that are done and said are not to be spoken of outside of the people who know of the sacredness of it. Therefore, the writer refrains from going into minute detail. However, the most beautiful and significant part of the ceremony is the final vow that the couple takes. In the presence of all those assembled as witnesses, and the council members, the couple is escorted by their parents to the baptismal font, where they are submerged with arms and hands locked, by the three highest council members. 1 This completes the Temple Ceremony.

1) It used to be mandatory for LDS couples to be re-baptized at the time of their temple marriage. In-fact, this writer’s parents as well as his wife’s parents were re-baptized at the time of their marriage. Re-baptism for many special reasons was very commonplace among the early LDS, and is also reflected in the Book of Mormon in several places such as Alma and his 450 souls who fled from King Noah were all re-baptized at the Waters of Mormon. At the coming of the Messiah, all the survivors were re-baptized, and in Moroni, 6:1, we read of elders, priests and teachers being re-baptized. Infect, Christ told them that if anyone partook unworthily of the sacrament, they must not be cast out, but should repent and be baptized. See Ogden Kraut’s documented booklet on Re-baptism. 4. 8

Divorce among these people is unknown. They have never heard of such a thing. They know that marriage is not just for this life, but continues throughout all eternity.

When the young couple is settled in the routine of home-making, they go to great lengths to keep their minds and bodies fit to bring a child into the world. The child is planned for and the plans are discussed with the sages of the tribe, for the best good of all concerned. After the first child is born, it is the law of the people that only once every seven years should a mother bear a child, and this law is adhered to rigidly.

NO VICES

In connection with the first visit of the writer to the Chigaraguan people, it was mentioned that there are no known vices, such as liquor in any form tobacco, or any habit forming concoctions that would be detrimental to the mind and body. Over-indulgence In anything is not known there. There wants and needs are few and simple.

1) Obviously this law was necessary to achieve population control for the limited space in their hidden valley, where they had to maintain complete isolation from the world. They may possibly accomplish birth control through use of contraceptive herbs well known to other Indian tribes. Their real mission was to be the custodians of the sacred records that will be a special witness in the last days; and they are also to live as “holy men without sin that ye know not of, ” referred to in D&C, 49:8. Also they were to receive and hold the Keys of the Kingdom which were lost to us through our having rejected the fullness of the Gospel in 1890, when we officially ceased the practice of United Order and Plural Marriage, and discontinued other vital doctrines.

I BECOME AN ADOPTED SON

As the bonds between this people and Paul and me strengthened, the writer was adopted by the leader Echa Tah Echa Nah, as his son through the blood ritual. It was after this adoption that we were privileged to visit the library where Echa Tah Echa Nah read to us of the many catastrophes that had occurred, not only on the western hemisphere, but in till parts of the world during all ages.

He also read to us numerous things that were to transpire in the future. One of the most astounding predictions that be read to us at this time was in regard to World War II, with the tragedies left in its wake, oven up to the present time. Other things he spoke of regarding the future will be mentioned further on in this book.

The invasion of the Spaniards was discussed at great length. He told us of the destruction that was wrought upon the mighty Aztec nation at the height of its civilization; which bears out the truth of the story known to the world of how Cortez conquered Mexico. To hear the story coming from the lips of one who had the original records before him, was awe inspiring and tremendously interesting. The dullness of school day history books flitted momentarily in my mind as insignificant.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER X
From The Sacred Records
COMMANDMENTS MUST BE RECORDED
A LATTER-DAY RESTORATION AND FALLING AWAY

I am the thirty-second Echa Tah Echa Nah (The Mighty and Wise One) since the first one. This title has passed from father to son in true patriarchal order. I shall now read the words of Christ from the sacred records.

Mortals of this star, ‘ -I am sent to save you from ruin. I come before you from Him to teach you. For Tam sent to live your lives, suffer your sorrows, weep your tears, and die your deaths. For through me shall ye reach Him. For I shall demand thy love and true belief; and through Him, my Father, shall ye attain immortal life.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they seek the pure in heart. Blessed are the pure in mind, for they shall seek the pure in mind. For those that are pure in heart and pure in mind shall see the light, and they shall see their God.

And he shall call them one by one, who have labored for Him on earth, to bring the righteous to Him, and He shall say unto them, Lay thy burdens down at my feet, and live with me for evermore.

And be said unto the Echa Tah Echa Nah of that time: As I visited my other sheep of other folds and taught them the words of my Father, I am now come here among you to teach you, as I have taught them. 51

And I give unto you these commandments and laws, and you shall teach them unto your people. And ye shall have records made of the writings of my laws and commandments. And these written laws and commandments shall be taken to others. But in your own minds and in your hearts, shall you always remember my laws and commandments, you and your people, and they and their people, through many generations to come, shall ye live and abide by the laws I have given unto you.

And the laws which you shall write, shall be taken forth and given to others; and they shall keep them, and live and abide by them. Then shall there be wars and destruction among them, and I shall command that these things shall be lost unto them for many generations.

A RESTORATION AND A FALLING AWAY
These laws and commandments shall be restored and resurrected. For unto him I will give the power to completely restore and resurrect all the laws and commandments of my Father. 1

And he and others whom he has taught, shall go forth and teach the laws and commandments that I have given you. And they shall retain it and hold it for a time. And then they shall fall away from these teachings and commandments which l have caused to be restored among them.

And I shall take from them the power that I have given unto them, and T will return it back unto you unto whom I have given it first.

1) This is obviously the Prophet Joseph Smith through whom the restoration was made.

1) This is, “The Star God City, ” Symbol: The Morning Star.

2) Here is the fulfillment of Christ’s promise

And in many generations to come, he, who in my blood line succeeds you, will retain all powers. 1 And he, (the last Mighty and Wise One) shall go forth, and he shall find one upon whom he shall restore the power, and together they shall restore and resurrect all my commandments and teachings that I have given from the beginning. 4

in 3 Nephi, 16:12, while addressing the assembled Nephites and Lamanites, “And I will show unto thee O house of Israel, that the (LDS Believing Gentiles) shall not have (Priesthood) power over you. ” He had just explained that the day would come when “the believing Gentiles would sin against His gospel and do all manner of iniquities, and reject the fullness of His gospel. It would be well here for you to review my book, THE 3i YEARS, and see how the Keys of the Kingdom were actually taken to the Great White Chief.

3) Again review THE 3 1/2 YEARS, and see how the great Welch Prince Madoc, who was of the lineage of Christ, came to America in 1164, with a large number of Welchmen. Madoc would have come into the lineage of the Echa Tah Echa Nah of his time, by special adoption through the blood ritual. “The Keys, Power and Authority of the Kingdom of God are in the lineage of Christ, ” said Heber C. Kimball.

4) This is probably the special spokesman that was promised to this Choice Seer in 2 Nephi, 3:17-18. The Books of Mormon published between 1900 and 1920 have a footnote identifying this Choice Seer as “a future Indian Prophet. ” Please note the following reference about the special spokesman for this Choice Seer: “And the Lord said, T will raise up a Moses; and I will give power unto him in a rod; and I will give judgment unto him in writing. Yet I will not make him mighty in speaking. But I will write unto him my law, by the finger of mine own hand; and I will make a spokesman for him. ” This event should take place In connection with the setting-in-order of the Church.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XI

Christ On The Mysteries

THE GREAT TEMPLE AND THE NEW JERUSALEM

And he, Christ, spoke to them and did say, I am the way and the resurrection. For they who believe in me and my Father, shall have everlasting life. And in my Father’s Kingdom you shall find your companions who are beyond all imagination, fair and faithful who have lived on earth in their temples of clay. But through their belief in me and the Father, have their spirits entered into the Kingdom of Heaven.

If love and faith abide in you, then you shall seek me. And if you seek me, you shall find what you have sought. For if you come unto me first, I shall come unto you, and then shall you rejoice. For it is the promise of my Father if you seek me first, then greater joys and blessings shall be added unto you; and you shall have a place in my Father’s home. And by your faith in Him through me, shall you dwell with Him forever more. But you must believe in me first.

And he said unto them: Behold, the mysteries of the universe I give unto those who have undying faith in me and my Father’s words. To the faithful ones, I leave the answers to some of the mysteries of the universe, the cosmic forces, and all great wonders which I and my Father alone possess. Nay, not all of them do I give, for they are beyond the imagination of the greatest teachers and pupils; but to those who are worthy. I shall permit them to see beyond the outer door. . . the majestic, ever-working intelligence of my Father and me.

To the Chaldeans, Cuthic, Egyptians, Persians, Sumarians, Cannanites, Arabians, Assyrians, Israelites, Tibetans, yea, unto all who have been faithful and followed my teachings, shall I make known the glory and knowledge of the ever revolving forces and powers of the unknown universe, which is the center from Which all things have been born. They shall be my teachers and leaders through all time. And from among them I shall send prophets of my own choosing among the people of the earth, to carry on the work of my Father and me.

THE GREAT TEMPLE AND THE NEW JERUSALEM

Before my coming, there shall be desolation in the east, and there shall be desolation in the west. And from the four corners of the earth, my people shall come to build the Great Temple. And it shall be a Temple within four walls; and a city shall be built within four walls: and it shall be called the New Jerusalem.

Yea, and before my coming, an ever-moving teaching of my Father’s works must go on until my coming. And I shall enter the New Jerusalem, and I shall be riding upon a she @#$, and a young one shall walk by her side; for I shall enter the New Jerusalem as I entered the Old Jerusalem.

And Michael, the Archangel, shall come first, as he was at Adam-Ondi-Ahman. And others who have been faithful, who gave forth my Father’s commandments, shall enter into the New Jerusalem. And there shall be twelve; and John the beloved, shall sit upon my right, and six upon my left. And there shall_ we dwell in the New Jerusalem in the House of my Father forever and ever.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XII

On The New Age

CHRIST SPEAKS ON LATTER-DAY EVENTS

And after this world has spent itself out in its orgy of greed, sin, hate and evil, then shall the earth stop shaking and all shall be quiet and peaceful again. Then shall we go forth from our city, and bring our records, which we have faithfully kept. And to those who are still living, we shall teach our way of brotherly love and kindness, which Christ brought and taught us so many years ago. No more sin, hate, scorn and greed shall prevail; but we shall again live in peace and harmony and love, as we have lived for so long a time in the Valley of the Blue Moon.

For was Christ not born as a baby, grew and lived among men, and taught them how to suffer, how to live, and how to worship and pray: and was crucified and died; was resurrected, and then returned to the Father in Heaven, His mission on earth completed?

But man’s mission for the Father, through Him shall never be completed. For as there is a rise and fall, so shall man’s worship to Dim and the Father be. For it shall go on and be timeless as all eternity. For the Son of God was and is the Savior of the earth!

And it shall be that in the last days a generation shall be as in the days of Noah. It shall be that the earth shall give forth the commandments that are the work of one whom I entrusted. And it shall

be that they shall not be brought forth until the one unto whom I speak, is commanded.

And it shall be known that many of my works shall be placed in the earth, and shall come forth in times of distress. And it shall be that they will give forth light as a star in the black of night. And it shall be known to all who believe in my commandments, that they shall know the writings of mine scribes in my name.

For years the battle raged among them to the north, and the south, and the east, and the west. And it has been as the Pharisees and the Egyptians, the fair skin, and the dark skin. And it shall be that they shall destroy themselves. And the prophets shall tell the scribes, and the scribes shall write, and they shall be placed in the earth. And in the latter-days shall they come forth. Yea, in the times of distress shall they come forth.

And it shall be that one, by the power given him by the Creator, shall tell of this as it was written by the scribes. And thus it shall be. And all but a few shall be his enemy. And it shall be told as I tell it now, of your lineage, and of your coming over the wall as a growing vine. ‘

After the earthly destructions, and the cleansing of the earth, then shall the great Holy Temple at the New Jerusalem be built. After the Temple is done and the Holy City is started, then shall I come to earth again. And Michael, the Archangel, Abraham, Isaac, Isaiah, John the beloved, and all the prophets of old, and all the prophets of new, shall come. And I shall say unto the people, Why did ye not hearken unto the prophets and heed them? For I sent them, and my Father sent them to speak unto you.

1) This is the reason for the title BRANCH Pro-let. Lehi went over the wall to America. (See 2Ne. 3:5).

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XIII

Christ On John The Beloved

Listen, my son, and remember well the words I read unto you, And Echa Tah Echa Nah continued to read the words of Christ as recorded in the sacred records:

And on the last day He called His disciples to Him and said: What ask ye of me before I return to my Father in Heaven? And they looked at Him and then at one another. And then did one say, My desire is to teach Thy commandments and then to return to Thee with Thy Father. And others did say the same.

After granting them their desires He spake unto John and did say: John, thou hast sat upon my right. Why dost thou not speak?

And John did say, Master, Thou hast granted the wishes of my brothers: my wish and my desire from Thee is to forever, or until Thou returnest again as Thou hast promised. . . to teach the words of Thy commandments, and of Thy Father.

He called John from the others, and did say: John, my beloved, thou who art unselfish, and who desireth to teach the commandments of me and my Father, thy desire I shall grant in the name of my Father. Thou shalt remain upon the earth, and thou shalt not feel the sting of death. O John, my beloved, I place upon thee in the name of my Father, the power to carry on the Father’s commandments in my name, after I have returned to my place in my Father’s Kingdom, And I give unto thee all my powers on earth, but not in heaven. And I command that thou shalt be over all whom I have left on earth, who follow my commandments and teachings. 1 (See footnote next page. ) 58

And John did kneel before Him and He did place His hands upon John’s head, and did bless him and did say, John, my beloved, thou shalt go to all corners of the earth, and thou shalt be in command until I return to the earth again.

Then He did call them all together, and to one He did say -Thou shalt go to Tina; and Ile said to another, Thou shalt go to Israel. And to another, Thou shalt go to Joffa: and to another. Thou shalt go to Smyrna. To another He said, Thou shalt go to Egypt. To another He said, Thou shalt go to Damascus. And He said to Paul, Thou shalt go to Greece. And to the remaining ones He said: Ye shall remain in Jerusalem, and ye shall teach my people. Hearken ye to the words of John the beloved, whom I leave in charge until I return again. ‘

And Paul did say, By what sign will we know of Thy coming again, Master? And He said unto them: Hearken unto my words, I will return again like a thief in the night. Not even the angels in heaven know of my coming. I know not myself, only my Father in Heaven knows.
Then He called them and did pray unto His Father and then said unto them as a cloud of fire surrounded Him. I leave you in peace and return to my Father, for my mission here is fulfilled. And then did He ascend.

1) There need be no conflict or misunderstanding here about the Apostle Peter having received the Keys of the Kingdom from Christ, hence being senior to John. However, Peter was soon martyred, while John and the Three Nephite Apostles remained “until His coming, ” with John as the Senior Authority on earth “over all who follow His commandments and His teachings. ” The Prophet Joseph said that John is now with the Ten Tribes, preparing them for their return. John is also an Elias “to restore all things. ” (See D&C, 77:14. )–See also John, 21:23; D&C, Sec. 7.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XIV

On Patience And Tolerance

NAMES AND WORD MEANINGS

For unto all men I give this great knowledge-to know that within them they possess patience and tolerance. And those that seek to cause their patience and tolerance to grow, shall also seek me, for I am patience and tolerance. And those, who by their right of effort, shall cause their patience and tolerance to grow, shall become Masters, and they shall attain the highest goals. And they shall teach the scholars that which I have willed unto them, and the scholars shall also become Masters. But those who seek not my unbounded limits of patience and tolerance, shall go hack to the bottomless pit, where not but ignorance and vice rule.

Seek ye the unbounded limits that I have willed unto you, and your reward shall be a place in my Father’s realm. For by attaining greater patience and tolerance, ye shall never break my commandments and laws: for they are the foundation of all my teachings. For what greater joys and happiness can man know than by his patient and tolerant teaching of my words and the commandments of my Father? For those that know not of patience and tolerance, know not of the Father and me.

NAMES OF THE SCRIBES FOR CHRIST IN THE EAST

In Arabia. . . ABDOLLA, ABDUL, his brother, and SHULALLA, his wife. (They owned Hammamma, the white steed who sought the companionship of the humble @#$ upon which Christ rode. ) In Turkey. . . KASHMA PAL. In India. . . SMAI EOGISS SOKOHN. In Tibet. . . KANGIAS SAN. In Persia. . . ABDU SNA KANDIS. In Egypt. . . FAUD FAROK CHEE KOPT. 6o

AZTECA DIALECT (Reformed Egyptian)

CHEXA MIYE KUCULCAN (In the beginning was God. )

COPAN, KOBA, KEN (Father, Son Holy Ghost. )

THE TWELVE APOSTLES

KNAB (Judas). XAIM (Simon). TEKA (Thomas). CHAMP (James) JEHU (John). ZOLTE (Phillip). MATAZE (Matthew) PETOPL (Peter) ZACTA (Luke). QUITZA (Stephen) KOBAN (Mark) UBENAZA (Bartholomew)

ABA, KANA, TIP, SEEZ, CHEOP, ZATA. (Other immortals).

THE FOUR DIRECTIONS

NA SA (North). All SA (East). KA SA (West). SOE BA (South).

THE UNIVERSAL PURE ADAMIC LANGUAGE ELI. . . CREATOR. . . GOD

PRAYERS

1. Alle, Pile, kya alezium. . .

2. Ayle, Ayle Eli, Eli. . .

3. Mena, Mena tea mya. . .

4. Kya Ko shorohum. . .

5. Ko-shma ayle Eli. . .

GREEK

1. Lama, Lama, Eli, Eli. . .

2. Alpha, Omega, Eli, Eli. . .

3. Kam Beta Kappa Mu. . .

4. Lama Delta, Lama Eli. . .

Chapter XV

Christ Visits Chigaraguans

THE GREAT PROPHET ONANDAGUS

And then did they lift their faces, and lo, they beard Him say: I come among you to teach the laws and commandments of my Father. Seek ye happiness and peace, or seek ye darkness and ignorance?

To other sheep, such as ye are, but not of the same fold, my Father’s words and commandments have brought greater light and understanding.

Then did He show them His hands and feet; and did tell them of His death and resurrection. Then he bade Echa Tah Echa Nah and his council to go to the Sacred Temple. And then did they hear Him pray to His Father in ‘Heaven.

And then did He come before the people, and long after the moon had risen, did they listen to Him preach. And then did the people bow their heads in reverence, as He told them of the glories in Heaven and of His life after death. Then did the people feel His power and inspiration, and then did they worship Him.

And Echa Tah Echa Nah (of that time) did say to the people: Ye shall hearken unto His words and teachings. And you, my people , shall always live and abide by them. And then did the people promise to do so.

And Christ did live among them for many days and He did preach His laws and commandments. And He did cause His laws and commandments to be written on metal plates. 62

And before He left in a great, blinding light that surrounded Him, He promised the people of Echa Tah Echa Nah, if they would live the laws and commandments, as He had taught them, and never depart from them- Someday, I will return and dwell with you again. For now I leave you in peace and comfort; but remember, I shall be with you at all times, now and forever.

And after He had blest them all He did leave in a blinding light that none could look upon.

THE GREAT PROPHET ONANDAGUS

AND ONANDAGUS, WHO WAS ONCE YOUR LEADER, SHALL BE RESURRECTED, AND YOU, MY PEOPLE, SHALL FOLLOW HIM FOR HE SHALL LEAD YOU AND BE YOUR CHAMPION IN THE LAST DAYS WHEN YOU MEET AND FACE GOG AND MAGOG. 1

(Onandagus, Prophet, Colonizer, Warrior and Leader, was sent into the north country from the land of the Chigaraguans long ago to colonize and establish his people. The Prophet Joseph tells of Onandagus having charge of the Nephite warriors from the Rocky Mountains to the east sea, and that he took part in the last great struggle when the Nephites were destroyed. )

(In the state of New York live the Onandaga Indians on their reservation near Cayuga. There are also Onandagus Lake and a cave. The Confederacy of the Iroquois consists of Seneca-Onidah-Mohak-Cayuga Onandagus. )2

1) The Prophet Joseph states in THE WHITE HORSE VISION that the War of Gog and Magog will be “the last great struggle Zion will have to contend with, at the time when the whole of America will be made the Zion of our God. ”

2) This footnote will continue on the next page. 63

2) In the foregoing parenthetical remarks of the Indian author, he is referring to an account by the Prophet Joseph in the History of the Church, Vol. 2, PP. 79 and 80, wherein the Camp of Zion was traveling from Kirkland, Ohio, to Jackson County, Missouri, and had arrived at a point near Jacksonville, Ill. on the Illinois River. The Prophet writes:

“During our travels we visited several of the mounds which had been thrown up by the ancient inhabitants of this country-the Nephites, Lamanites, etc, and this morning I went up on a high mound, near the river, accompanied by the brethren. From this mound we could overlook the tops of the trees and view the prairie on each side of the river as far as our vision could extend, and the scenery was truly delightful.

“On the top of the mound were stones which presented the appearance of three altars having been erected, one above the other, according to the ancient order, and the remains of bones were strewn over the surface of the ground. The brethren procured a shovel and a hoe, and removing the earth to a depth of about one foot, discovered the skeleton of a man, almost entire: and between his ribs the stone point of a Lamanitish arrow, which evidently had produced his death. Elder Riggs retained the arrow.

“The contemplation of the scenery around us produced peculiar sensations in our bosoms, and subsequently the vision of the past being opened to my understanding by the Spirit of the Almighty, I discovered that the person whose skeleton we had seen was a White Lamanite, a large, thick-set man, a man of God. And his name was ZELPH. He was a warrior and chieftain under THE GREAT PROPHET ONANDAGUS, WHO WAS KNOWN FROM THE EASTERN SEA TO THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XVI
A FUTURE CRUSADE OF PROPHETS

And the legions of all crusaders shall be called. And four and twenty shall be led by Him. And the four and twenty shall be : Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Elijah, John, the Twelve Disciples, the Three Living Prophets who shall never die; the Prophet Onandagus, Echa Tah Echa Nah, and the Old Man of the Mountain.

And their banners shall bear the Sign of the Cross; for the Light from the Cross shall obliterate all darkness from the world, and the Sign of the Cross shall lead the way into the New World of everlasting Peace and Eternity.

ECHA TAH ECHA NAH CLOSES FROM THE GREEK

Hear me and listen, for I am the Alpha and the Omega. I was there in the beginning, and I shall be there at the ending. And I shall be there at the beginning again. And then there shall be no ending, for I am the Alpha and the Omega.

These are God’s words. . . For I have spoken. . . It is finished. He (the Great White Chief) closed the large, white book, tied the doeskin strings, held his hands on it, reached for his pitch torch and doubted it, and looked out and up into the moon.

Words of Echa Tah Echa Nah

Take heed of this warning- Foster thine own soul, for in thine own hands lies thy fate and destiny. Is there among you a man, a woman, or a child, who dares come forth and say: There is no need of prayer?

When you have slept the brief sleep of death, when your spirit shall leave your temple of clay forever, and you shall step off into eternity, you shall find yourself in a land of glorious opportunities and joys which await you forever. And through all aeons, flowers, rare and imperishable, shall bloom for you. Birds of exquisite form and beauty, shall sing for you. Angels shall be your companions: for there you shall love, and there you shall be loved.

There it shall be a pleasure to want, and in wanting, it shall be a pleasure to ask. For no favor shall be too small or too great, and none shall ever be displeasing to Him.

THE MIGHTY AND WISE ONE INSTRUCTS

HIS ADOPTED SON

And now, my son, after the destructions of the earth have ceased and the skies are blue again, then shall I go forth among the people to seek one to carry on my work with me. For many days shall I look for him. And Chi Chi Suma shall be on my left and you, my son, shall be on my right. And together we shall place our hands upon his head, and I will speak, and Chi Chi Suma shall speak, and you shall speak also. And then we shall go forth together to reclaim the lost teachings and laws and commandments. For they shall start at the ending, and shall also start at the beginning. ?or then, all evils and wickedness will be past, and a new world shall begin. 66 67

Then he, whom we have blessed, shall bless two others, and one shall be on his right, and one on his left. And they shall go forth among the people -his people.

And Chi Chi Sutra shall stay on my left, and you shall stay on my right, and we shall go to the east; and there shall establish the Great Temple with the

and there shall we stay and teach. And we shall receive many others to teach. Yea, many others, and they shall go forth and teach until four generations have passed. And then shall we enter into a new beginning. For all then shall be past, and a new world shall be born.

Hear well as I speak, my son. For you shall be the voice, and you shall speak to them, as I read to you. For what I read, you know not, and only as I read and speak to you, my son, so shall you be my voice. And soon you will receive the light, so as you read, so can you speak. -But you must pray for wisdom and light.

I have spoken. . .

It is finished.

Echa Tah Echa Nah.

WARNS OF FALSE BELIEVERS

Remember, my son, remember well. Many people whose minds are in darkness, and who are false believers, will seek to cause you many troubles. Heed not their words, but deceive them not, and let them deceive you not. Hearken not unto their words and their pleadings. Let their voices fall upon deaf ears, for their tongues shall speak many lies and falsehoods, and their writings shall be as poison to you.

Those whom you love, and they who love you, shall doubt you also. For those who do not believe as you believe, shall seek to destroy you. But, my son, you shall find others, and not seek after the old ones. You shall feed their hungry hearts and minds, as I have filled your heart and mind. But remember, the ones whose minds are in darkness, and who are false believers, you shall shun them, and let them seek you not.

There shall be a space of time when all that I have read to you, you shall not remember. But it shall return to your mind, and to the one who is nearest and dearest to you. Those who have placed their fate, their future, their happiness, sorrows and joys in your care. You shall tell them all things which I have read and said unto you, as they return to your memory. For they are a part of you, and you cannot deny the knowledge which you alone possess. But never shall the memory of my words to you be lost to you forever. For I place within your mind these teachings, and they shall be given to the one whom you love and whom you trust. But they shall not be given to the world until the time of the beginning of the end shall approach. And then they who are worthy, shall know of them also I have spoken. . . It is finished.

Echa Tah Echa Nah.

ECHA TAH ECHA NAH’S COMFORTING COUNSEL

When darkness surrounds you and your heart is heavy, and your mind is weary, and by your own power you see no relief for the great worry which possesses you, then you shall seek the one you love most and who is nearest to you; and together you shall kneel and ask Him to help you to conquer all fear and to strengthen you. For He is willing to help you, if you ask; and He will carry you through all darkness into light again. 69

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XVII

Our Visit Must End

Not long after the blood ritual of my adoption to the Great White Chief, Paul and I progressed in knowledge of the people and their sacred rituals to the degree of being permitted to take part in the most sacred rituals in the Most Sacred Temple.

Of these things I am not free to speak, but they were inspiring and have given me closer contact with the Source of all living things. These great spiritual experiences have carried me through many trying and hazardous times, even to the present day. Nowhere will there be mention or description of any rituals Paul and I took part in, other than the form of baptism we received. At this baptism we were submerged, each of us, three times, and then had bestowed upon us the most sacred of the Chigaraguan blessings.

As the expiration of our visas was drawing close, we knew that we would soon have to leave the land of the Chigaraguans. We had become one of them, and they had become near and dear to us. It was with pangs of regret that thoughts of our departure intruded upon our minds, but leave we must.

A few days prior to our departure, Echa Tah Echa Nah, The Mighty and Wise One, invited us to come to the sanctuary, where we discussed many things that had taken place during our sojourn there. After extensively reviewing and discussing the laws and rituals of the Chigaraguans to his satisfaction, and that the knowledge, given us by him, was truly deeply embedded in our minds and hearts, he bade us when we returned to our country to follow these instructions:

“My sons, you shall seek and find the people whose laws, traditions, and rituals, and beliefs are the same as ours. You shall tell them about us, then they will know of us; and you will then send us knowledge of your finding them. ”

Following the two nights and two days farewell ceremonial, we again visited the Temple where all of the high council members bestowed upon us every touching and inspiring blessing. At the close of the second day, the moon had risen, and all the people had gathered around the fires. Accompanied by the reeds and tom toms, they were singing and chanting as we slowly rode through the gates in company with the mighty Echa Tah Echa Nah, who rode with us a short distance beyond them. Again he reminded us of our mission, speaking very gently and briefly.

As the light of the moon fell upon his face, the serenity and nobility of his features were beautiful beyond words to express. We were still sitting on our horses when he raised his hand in a farewell gesture, and turning from us, rode slowly toward the gates and back to the warmth of the bonfires that we had but a few moments ago shared with him. Lingering in our minds was the beautiful prayer he had often spoken:

MAY MY THOUGHTS THAT ARE WITHIN ME BE LIKE SUNLIGHT AROUND ME. MAY THE SONG THAT’S IN MY HEART, BE LIKE BIRDS AND WINDS AROUND ME. MAY HE ALWAYS SMILE UPON ME FOR THE DEEDS I DO EACH DAY. MAY THE LIGHT HE GAVE WITHIN ME, BRIGHTEN UP THE DARKENED WAY. MAY THE LIGHT WITHIN MY SPIRIT, BE LIKE SUNSHINE EVERY DAY.

WE RETURN HOME AND BACK TO WORK

Paul and I. reluctantly wended our way up the gentle incline toward the northwest, not daring to 70 71

look back toward those who had become so dear to us. As the distance between us and the village grew, the sounds of the tom toms, reeds, and voices raised in song, faded with the light of the fires into the moonlight night, leaving us silent upon the rough mountain trail. We did not stop until the summit was reached, which was just before dawn. Then the horses were fed and watered, and we had breakfast and slept.

Five days after our departure from the Chigaraguan people, we arrived in Orizaba, Mexico, and from there we went to Mexico City, where we renewed our acquaintance with the luxuries of a modern city.

Shortly after that, we returned to our home in Chinle, Arizona after first visiting with friends for a couple of days as we came through El Paso. However, we knew that our association with the Chigaraguan people would always be a living part of us, although we were far removed from them and our beloved leader in distance only.

At the culmination of several days’ visit with our parents in Chinle, Arizona, we returned to the East to resume our archaeological work. Many interesting artifacts were unearthed during our field work in the State of Missouri, which are now on display in various museums.

During our time off from digging, we gave brief lectures of our experiences to especially interested groups, lodges, clubs, and various religious organizations, always seeking out the people we were required to find by The Mighty and Wise One.

Digging in Indian mounds soon became boresome to us, so we decided to give up any further field work and return west. Paul visited the old folks in Chinle, Arinona, while I made a hasty trip to

Bruneau Desert, which borders southern Idaho with Nevada. After brief research work there, an invitation came to visit northern Idaho, and investigate some Indian ruins there. This brought to light some interesting and valuable artifacts, which were properly disposed of.

THE SPECIAL PEOPLE ARE FOUND

Lectures were carried on here in northern Idaho, the same as in Missouri. While covering the western states, the people were found, whom my father bade me seek, and my father, The Great White Chief, was notified of their whereabouts. Each knows of the existence of the other; and my mission had now been fulfilled. 73

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XVIII

“Calling All Chiefs”

(See full page article by this title in the magazine section of The Salt Lake Tribune, Mar. 31, 1940. )

-NCP.

Not long after finding the people whom my father had urged me to locate, Thad word from him that at the beginning of the Indian New Year in April, he would call a meeting of all representatives of the Indian tribes of all the western hemisphere, North South, and Central America. It would be held at Lake Pitzcuaro, in the state of Michoacan, Mexico. The Great White Chief would preside over it.

I gathered from the information that he had sent runners bearing messages in regard to the great meet, to other Indian tribes. Each runner being instructed to notify the chief of the tribe he visited that this chief should, in turn, send runners to other tribes nearby with the same message, tobe relayed to all other tribes as Tar as a bird could fly to the south and to the north.

THE SPEECH OF ECHA TAH ECHA NAH

The following April (1939) was when the great mass of Indian people gathered to Lake Pitzcuaro for this conference of good will. The opening speech on the first day of the gathering is given here in Echa Tah Echa Nah’s own words:

“Oh, my brothers, today begins the New Year, for the past is gone, and everywhere new life begins. The Great Spirit, the Creator of all living things, plants, flowers, birds, trees, reptiles, and fish, and you and me, speaks to me and what He speaks to me, so shall I say to you. As He bade me call you here now, so will I speak to you as He whispers in my ear. I will say in His name all the words which I now speak to you.

“My people, today we have come here together. Many have come from far places, as far as the birds fly north, and as far as the birds fly south. Many of you are sick and ailing, but to you, my people, what I say will ease your minds, and help to heal your sick bodies.

“I have called you here to give you a great message of patience, understanding, tolerance, good thoughts and love to all. Today we are happy-or are we? Are our minds and hearts heavy with the misunderstandings of the long dead past? Think wisely as I say to you, ‘Have you tried to get help and peace from Him who created us?’ No, for you have fallen away from your prayers, rituals, ceremonials and dances, for the Gods see everywhere. Should He who created us silently send for Nasi Bii Yaksey, the Death God, to speak and silently tell you to come? Are you ready to return- to where you first were, or do you fear?

“I say unto you, my brothers, fear not for what must be, for He has sent us here to this world, so will He call us back. We must stay near to Him in our hearts and minds now more than ever before, for He has spoken unto me saying, ‘Great things in the future time are soon to be upon you. ‘ Already He has started to act upon the plans He promised in the beginning.

“We must make ourselves ready and good enough to accept all things. We must cease the killing of our brothers amongst us. We must keep hatred and evil from our hearts and minds. We must be patient and respond to the things we ask of each other. We must be patient and try to understand; but above all we must take care of the needs of each other, no matter how small or how large. We must have love in our hearts. We all have love in our hearts, but we must make it greater, stronger, more beautiful. Where there has been hatred and evil, now must there he patience and understanding. All bad things must pass from us.

“To Chi Chi Suma on my left, and my son on my right, I say to them, as I say to you. They shall listen and do as you shall do. I ask all of you to hear well as I speak of how my people, the Chigaraguans, do in regard to all ways of right living. You are asked to take my message back to your people, and ask them to try hard to do as my people do, and have done always. I know of your trials and suffering, of what you have seen in the past; but by your greater efforts to live by the laws and commandments that He has given you to live by, you will all know greater happiness. And by greater happiness you will have greater understanding and tolerance, and by your faithfully keeping these laws and commandments in your hearts and minds, there can be no limit to the future for you and your sons and their sons.

“Pray faithfully and you shall soon see the reward it pays. Think well of all my people, and forget not soon the things I say here. May His everlasting smile enter into your hearts, and may the light from His golden body (the sun) be the light to keep the flame in your hearts burning. -For as He has spoken to me, so I have spoken to you.

“Remember, my brothers and sisters, always what you were once, and what you might have been, but what you are now, and what you intend to be. May He hear and answer our prayers always. Remember 75

this, my people, I beg you to remember. I have spoken. It is finished. The voice speaks no more. ”

Those assembled remained here for several days, during which time he described to them the mode of living of the Chigaraguan people, urging them to try to live and follow the same example, and to create better understanding and good will among their neighboring tribes, regardless of what part of the country they lived in. He brought to mind many incidents which had caused the downfall of the Indian people, -their drifting away from the laws and commandments, their warlike ways, instead of peaceful means of dealing with each other.

Owing to the tremendous response to his call he had to speak several times a day to as many as could assemble in the great amphitheatre. He urged them to be tolerant of each other, to have more understanding, and to quit their slovenly ways and to be more progressive, resort to prayer and gain a better understanding with the Heavenly Father, Who would assist them in their efforts.

Newspaper reports estimated approximately one hundred-twenty-five-thousand representatives assembled from all parts north of the Mexican border as far as Canada and Alaska. It is impossible to say exactly how many were there, but about two-hundred-fifty-thousand would be a fair estimate.

At the close of this international conference, he invited all representatives who were present, to return again the following year to discuss their problems and the progress made under the outline he had given them. On the last night, the huge bonfires of farewell were lighted, and soon the representatives were on their way back to the reservations they had represented to inform their people of what they had learned at this great meeting. 76

Immediately after the representatives had returned home, there was a noticeable difference in the relationships among the tribes. A better understanding and a feeling of good will existed that had never been there before. By the time of the second meeting in Mexico, all the tribes had outstanding progress to report. The uniting of the Indian people has been gradually getting stronger since that time.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XIX

Gathering Repeated in 1940

In the course of time the tribes made preparations to send their tribal spokesmen again to the site where the first notable meeting was held, to discuss their problems and to report the progress that had been made during the year. At the same time Echa Tah Echa Nah and his council members were making preparations to leave their Utopia to bring the message of good will again to those who were to return to Lake Pitzcuaro. incidentally, Lake Michoacan is within sight of Lake Pitzcuaro, and together they are often referred to as “The Twin Lakes. ”

On the day set aside by all the Indian people as the birth of the New Year, E. cha Tah Echa Nah and his council arrived at the designated spot, and were greeted heartily by all representatives from the outside. Each group was eager to discuss the progress that had been made. After four days of hearing reports from the various spokesmen, Echa Tah Echa Nah stressed the importance of continuing as they had in the past year.

WARNS AGAIN OF WORLD WAR II

He also told them of great events that were to take place in the future. He prophesied in minute detail of World War II, the havoc, destruction, and hardships that would be brought upon the people. The Indians were urged to fill their storehouses in preparation against the time when this war would affect them, and he told them of the shortage of food and other materials they would be forced to suffer. f 78 79

Many of the people hearkened to his prophetic warning, and were prepared when this catastrophe came, which lessened their hardships during this trying period. He stressed the restlessness of the world after the war would come, and the hatred, scorn and contempt of man for his fellowman that would be universal. He urged the Indian people to remember his teachings and not be led astray by the disunity that would engulf the world. He admonished them to cling to the good force in a world of evil.

THE GREAT WHITE CHIEF ACCLAIMED SUPER CHIEF

On the fifth day, the representatives of many of the leading tribes, expressed their feelings and discussed among themselves the possibility of getting Echa Tah Echa Nah to accept the position of Grand Leader of All The Indian People of The Western Hemisphere. Due to his knowledge and divine inspiration, they felt that he would be the ideal leader of the Indian people. Word rapidly spread among all the outside representatives, and by mutual consent they bestowed upon him this honor.

The throng that had gathered at this great meet, was one of the oddest groups one would ever have the pleasure of seeing assembled at one time. Of this greatest assembly ever to be recorded, the most striking feature was the display of the tremendous variety in their dress, variety in material designs, colors and manner of wearing. Representatives of every Indian tribe in the western hemisphere were dressed in their finest regalia.

Canadian and Alaskan Indians in their peculiar cold country costumes made of seal, bear and rabbit fur that would serve best in a cold country, were seated next to tribal representatives from the Dakotas, who were wearing their finest white or tan buckskin raiment with huge eagle feather bonnets.

Next to these two were seated three or four tribesmen from the Brazilian jungle, dressed only in breach cloths and moccasins, each carrying the staff of authority and tribal emblem, bearing his rank in the tribe and conducting themselves with dignity and humbleness.

Sprinkled here and there, appeared Southwest Indians clad in their lush velveteens of gay hues, silver belts, strings of turquoise beads and hand wrought bracelets and rings of silver and turquoise. Of this group the Navajo and Hopi were sent as representatives.

Seminoles from the Florida everglades in their brilliantly colored skirts and headdresses were scattered among Indian representatives from California, who were dressed in the finest modern American clothes. The Mexican Indians with their large straw hats, serapes draped around their shoulders, brilliantly hued raffia sandals, were seated next to the Oyichua with their peculiar hats made of willow twigs tightly woven, similar to the early American’s beaver hat, or to the stovepipe hat, and with white cotton trousers and sandals.

Standing nearby some of the North American Indians who were dressed in their modern up-to-date fashionable clothes, were the small Suyas and Javaros, dressed only in breach cloths, and a small animal skin draped around their shoulders, armed with their tiny blow guns. Close by were the large Ladones from Columbia and Venezuela, whose dress was similar to that of the RoNan toga, made from brilliantly hued cotton and wool materials. The wool comes from the vicuna. Many others from Columbia were dressed very similar to those of Venezuela. And seated nearby were the Incas from Peru with their short robe-like garments and trousers made from the wool of the llama, and hats very high

THE DAY OF PURIFICATION

81 80

and pointed, almost like those of the Coushea. All in all, this was one of the most colorful assemblies of true natives of the western hemisphere, and it certainly was one never to be forgotten.

ECHA TAH ECHA NAH SPEAKS OF THE GREAT TEMPLE

On the sixth day of the meeting, our beloved leader delivered his most divinely inspired speech to the people. During this speech, many of them looked upon him with awe, as he described the greatest of all events that would come upon the Indian people in the future. He prophesied of the time to come when a Great Temple or Kiva would be built at some distant place by the Indian people and by others who believe in all the laws and commandments which the Messiah left with them in the beginning; but this would not be until after the cleansing of the earth. ‘

1) The Prophet Zechariah speaks of the special mission of this BRANCH Prophet to build the Great Temple. He calls us to witness the word of the Lord as follows: “Thus speaketh the Lord of Hosts saying, Behold the man whose name is the BRANCH;, and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the Temple of the Lord. Even he shall build the Temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and he shall sit and rule upon his throne. ” (See Zecharia, 6:12-13. ) Note that Echa Tah Echa Nah grew up in Central America, but his place will be in The New Jerusalem.

The Prophet Lehi, in blessing his son Joseph, also refers to this future Indian Prophet as the BRANCH, as he tells young Joseph that- “his seed shall not be utterly destroyed, but, . . that out of the fruit of his loins the Lord God would raise up a righteous BRANCH to the house of Israel; not the Messiah, but a branch which was to be broken off

(Footnote continued next page. )

The cleansing process was described as a mammoth catastrophe or holocaust that would engulf the earth, ridding it of all evil forces, and only those who believed in and abided by these laws would survive. Then, after the earth would cease to shake and the storms subsided, the survivors would go forth and bury the dead, and also care for the sick and wounded. 2

nevertheless, to be remembered in the covenants of the Lord, that the Messiah should be made manifest unto them in the latter days, in the Spirit of power, unto the bringing of them out of darkness unto light. ” (2 Nephi, 3:5. See also 2 Nephi, 21:1. ) A footnote in the Books of Mormon from 1900 to 1920, refers to this Choice BRANCH Seer as “a future Indian Prophet. ”

2) THE DAY OF PURIFICATION, or holocaust that engulfs the earth is undoubtedly the solar flash mentioned in Isaiah, 30:26, where the moon becomes as bright as the sun, “and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days. ” This would increase the temperature on earth to about 7000, or as the Apostle Peter declares, “the heavens being on fire, shall be dissolved and the elements melt with fervent heat. Nevertheless, we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwellest righteousness. ” (See 2 Peter, 3:12-13. ) This is the day that the faithful will be forewarned to take refuge in caves and tunnels until this indignation of the Lord be over past.

Isaiah, 24:1-6, speaks of our transgressing the laws, changing the ordinances and breaking the everlasting covenant (of marriage). . . “therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned and few men left. He also speaks of the earth being turned upside down, which would give us “a new heaven and a new earth. ” You would look north and see the Southern Cross instead of the Big Dipper.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XX
The Great Trek North

After the dead will have been buried and the injured healed, and all is quiet and peaceful again, he, Echa Tah Echa Nah, will call all the survivors of the great holocaust, who live in his country and prepare them for the great trek from their land to the north. At this time he will send runners to Chi Chi Suma, who is second in command, bidding him to call the survivors in his part of the country to prepare themselves for a great journey they would embark upon, for they were now to leave their country forever.

Many months before starting preparations will proceed by all the people getting together to raise all the foodstuffs that will be necessary, also all other things that the people will need for their survival. The pottery workers will immediately prepare containers of adequate size and shape to transport the grains and foodstuffs. The basket makers will do likewise. Leather workers will prepare all articles necessary to be used during this great trek. Weavers will make blankets, robes and all other articles of clothing needed, until the people can again be settled in their new homes.

TEMPLE STONES PREPARED

All this is in the future, and the people are waiting for the time to come when they will abide by what he has instructed them to do. During this period of waiting, the people are not idle for they have hand-hewn and polished all the stone blocks to be used in the Great Temple, and hand polished the white mountain mahogany wood that will be used to beautify this most sacred edifice.

Each stone is cut so that it will be interlocked to the stone adjoining it. Dumbbell-like keystones link them together. No nails will be used in the building of this unique structure. All woodwork will be fitted together with wooden pegs or pins. Only the most precious metals will be used for decorative purposes. However, these will have no face value during this period for there will be no medium of exchange. Semi-precious stones such as jasper, turquoise, sardonyx, lapis lazuli, and amethyst will he used to add splendor to the exterior of this Most Holy Temple.

As previously mentioned, after the disasters, two great people will leave the Chigaraguan country forever to begin their trek to the site where this Great Temple is to be erected. Following divine guidance and inspiration, the place will not be difficult to locate. There they will make preparations and begin work on the Holy Temple, and the Holy City within walls.

Echa Tah Echa Nah, having previously notified the people to prepare themselves for this long trek, will call his council members together to tell them that the time has now come for them to begin the task of final preparation for embarking upon this journey. At the close of this council meeting, the council members will go, each to his own community and personally supervise the final preparations, seeing that all is in readiness for this move. A great bustling about will begin as the people round up the livestock, pack grain and foodstuffs and other useful things for their departure from the land of the Chigaraguans.

One of the last acts of preparations will be the tremendous task of moving the stones for the Great Temple, the responsibility of which has been placed upon one of the council members. These 84 85

stones are already prepared and carefully stored in the queries from which they have been cut, and will have to be moved with caution due to their overwhelming weight, and to Protect the finish given them. By crude means of transportation, these massive blocks will be moved to the shore line, where huge barges will have been constructed to carry them to their destination.

TREK TO BEGIN FROM LAKE PITZCUARO

After all the stones and hand-polished wood will have been loaded on the barges, and all is in readiness, the council member in charge will not depart until word comes from Echa Tah Echa Nah. When the runner brings word that Echa Tah Echa Nah’s group has started the trek from the agreed point at Lake Pitzcuaro to journey north, the council member will give the command for the barges to shove off and slowly drift with the current near the coast line, following it to the north. Thus will start the first group led by Echa Tah Echa Nah like Moses and the Children of Israel.

It will have been previously arranged between Echa Tah Echa Nah and Chi Chi Suma that at the same time Echa Tah EchaNah was preparing to move to the north, Chi Chi Suma’s group will leave from their same point on their journey northward. The exact preparations that will have been made by Echa Tah Echa Nah, will also be made by Chi Chi Suma. The same technique will be followed in moving all their earthly possessions, as well as constructing barges, loading and transporting the stones from the guaries located in Chi Chi Suma’s country (which is a great deal further south than Echa Tah Echa Nah’s country. )

Prior to the departure of this second group, word will have been sent to all Indian tribes extending into South America, that the people should make preparations and gradually move to the north and inhabit the abandoned places left by the people of Chi Chi Suma and Echa Tah Echa Nah. As the South American Indians inhabit the vacated cities, they will be instructed to remain at these places until after the Holy Temple and the city with the walls have been built. 1

As Echa Tah Echa Nah’s group leisurely winds its way northward, _Chi Chi Suma’s group will he following the same route at the same pace. Each group will have a forward vanguard, followed by the livestock, pack horses, and carts; the women and children traveling next to the rear guard. Their mode of transportation will not be as it is in these modern times, for the destruction will have done away with all forms of modernization, leaving only the most primitive.

Constant contact between Echa Tah Echa Nah’s group on land and those taking the water route north, will be kept by runners. Should the barges in any respect, come into difficulty, the land forces will immediately dispatch assistance to them.

HALT AT RIVER FLOWING WEST TO EAST

After traveling for many days to the north, the advance scouts of Echa Tah Echa Nah will report to him that they have found the body of water that flows from the west to the east, which will be the first goal of Echa Tah Echa Nah’s group. Immediately after crossing this body of water, preparations will be made for the people to remain there until the Arrival of Chi Chi Suma’s group. 2

1) The Lord promises them the desolate cities of the Gentiles to inhabit. ” (3 Nephi, 22:3). So it is clear who will occupy America at this time.

2) Natoni Nezbah places this spot at or near Laredo on the Rio Grande. 86

The first barges will be instructed to anchor in the gulf until the arrival of the other barges belonging to Chi Chi Suma’s group. Chi Chi Suma’s other group, coming by land, slowly and laboriously fallowing the same route taken by Echa Tah Echa Nah, should arrive at the river five days after.

Chi Chi Suma’s advance scouts will report, after many days of travel to the north, that they have sighted the first group encamped north of the river which flows from the west to the east. Soon the two great forces will be united at this river and Echa Tah Echa Nah with his council members will hold a conference with Chi Chi Suma and his council members, and there will be great rejoicing among the people.

Both groups, after a short period of resting will prepare to move on from this point. Runners will have been sent to take word to the barges to make ready to start. When all is in readiness to depart, Echa Tah Echa Nah will call his councilmen, and Chi Chi Sums will call his councilmen; and together they will map a route which each will take. Echa Tah Echa Nah will instruct Chi Chi Suma’s group to take charge of all the barges carrying the stones, and proceed for many days to the east until they arrive at the great body of water that flows from the north to the south. ‘

CHI CHI SUMA TO FOLLOW RIVER NORTH

Chi Chi Suma will follow Echa Tah Echa Nah’s instructions, and by the slow, laborious way of traveling, they shall arrive in due course of time at the designated body of water. Upon finding this body of water, many changes will have to be made. Smaller barges will have to be made, and the stones transferred to them enabling them to travel by the river to the north without too much difficulty.

1) This is obviously the Mississippi River.

Upon completion of these changes, Chi Chi Suma will resume his trek to the north, and they shall journey up the river following its west bank. 1 The advance scouts of this second party will continuously search for a great, white, flat stone on the west side of the river, which will be their final destination.

After traveling for an unspecified period of time, the scouts will report finding this great white stone. Knowing that they have at last arrived at the end of their journey, Chi Chi Suma and his councilmen will draw up plans of procedure to start at once the preparations for the construction of the Holy Temple and the city within a wall. This group will build temporary structures in which to live while building the Temple. The barges of stone will be unloaded and soon the task of building the Temple will be fully underway.

Immediately after the departure of Chi Chi Suma and his group and the barges to the east, Echa Tah Echa Nah with his group will start trekking to the west. His advance scouts will be continuously searching for a low range of mountains running from the north to the south. After slowly trekking toward the west for many days, the scouts will report the finding of the mountains they are in search of and when the group arrives at this low range of mountains, they will rest for a few days, making preparations to continue their journey to the north. 2

1) The west bank of the Mississippi will lead to the west bank of the Missouri River.

2) This low range of mountains must be somewhere in Arizona, because their route takes them to the Hopi, Navajo, and other Indians, and then to the surviving Mormons in their “Cities of Refuge” in southern Utah, and finally to the Great Salt Lake, to be joined by the Ten tribes and others from the north under John the Beloved. 88

THEY ARRIVE AT THE GREAT SALT LAKE

89 After the people and the animals have rested, they will follow this range of mountains to the north, keeping on the east side of this range at all times. As this group slowly travels to the north, other survivors of this great holocaust of destruction, will timidly seek to join with the Chigaraguan people on their great trek.

These survivors will not be able to understand the words of the Chigaraguans, north Chigaraguans understand the words of the survivors, yet each will recognize the other by their marks, signs and symbols. The Chigaraguans will welcome the survivors to join them on their trek. As they advance slowly to the north, almost daily other survivors will join them.

Echa Tah Echa Nah’s advance scouts will be on the lookout for a great stone marker not far from a vast area surrounded by a very white substance. This white substance will surround a tremendous inland body of water. Yet, at all times Echa Tah Echa Nah’s group shall stay on the east side of the range of mountains. 1

Soon his scouts will report the finding of the great stone marker, 2 and upon arriving at this marker will remain there for many days. During their stay at this marker, Echa Tah Echa Nah’s group will be joined by other people from the north. 3

1) The Great Salt Lake and the Oquirrhs.

2) This great stone marker could be the Temple, which is about all that will be left of S. L. C.

3) The other people from the north, must be the Ten Tribes under John the Beloved. There are tracts of land in Idaho dedicated for their use, and according to The White Horse Vision, they will help to build the Great Temple in the New Jerusalem.

ON TO THE NEW JERUSALEM!

When the time comes, the people will be advised by their leaders to make preparations to trek eastward, to seek out the designated spot where Chi Chi Suma with his group will have made preparations to build the Holy Temple within a wall. They will continue their trek eastward, and soon the scouts will inform Echa Tah Echa Nah that they have sighted Chi Chi Suma and his people, and soon both groups will be reunited. Chi Chi Suma will openly welcome the arrival of Echa Tah Echa Nah and his group, and great rejoicing will be among all the people.

As survivors will have joined Echa Tah Echa Nah, so will other survivors also have joined the group of Chi Chi Suma. Although the people of Chi Chi Suma’s group do not speak the tongue of those who will have joined Echa Tah Echa Nah, there will be perfect unison and harmony and they will be welcomed with open arms. Many of the survivors, who will have joined the two groups, will have very fair skin and very blonde hair bothers will be Indian people, but all will have the same purpose in view as the groups of Echa Tah Echa Nah and Chi Chi Suma, -that of taking part in the building of this magnificent edifice of worship to their God, -the Temple of His Coming!

As the construction of this Most Holy Temple continues, the people who are taking part in its construction are happy in their daily tasks, -and nighttime slowly descends upon the day after tomorrow.

1) The Ten Tribes.

The End 91

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

CHAPTER XXI

A Few Parting Thoughts

WHY WE MUST BE NUMBERED WITH THEM

There is no place in the scriptures that calls for the Indians (Nephites, Lamanites, etc. ) to come and be numbered with the LDS Believing Gentiles, as we are called in the chapter heading of 3 Nephi , 16. But there are at least four places where it says that we must repent and be numbered with them, if we are to survive the DAY OF PURIFICATION, or what we call the 3i year judgment period. Here they are:

1) THE WORDS OF AN ANGEL TO NEPHI THE SON OF LEHI. (See 1 Nephi, 14:2-3. )

“If the (LDS) Gentiles shall hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day that He shall manifest Himself unto them in word, and also in power, in very deed, unto taking away of their stumbling blocks -and harden not their hearts against the Lamb of God, THEY SHALL BE NUMBERED AMONG THE SEED OF THY FATHER, YEA THEY SHALL BE NUMBERED AMONG THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL. ”

The next verse states that the penalty for not being so numbered is “the casting of the soul into that hell which bath no end. ”

2) CHRIST, SPEAKING TO THE NEPHITES AND LAMANITES ABOUT THE (LDS) BELIEVING GENTILES WHEN THEY SHALL SIN AGAINST HIS GOSPEL AND COMMIT ALLMANNER OF INIQUITIES: (See 3 Nephi, 16:13-14. )

“But if the Gentiles will repent and return unto me, saith the Father, behold they shall be numbered among my people, O house of Israel, and I will not suffer my people, who are of the house of Israel, to ‘go through among them, and tread them down saith the Father. ” (See also 3 Nephi, 21:12).

3) CHRIST, SPEAKING TO THE NEPHITES AND LAMANITES ABOUT THE DESTINY OF THE (LDS) GENTILES IN THE LAST DAYS. (See 3 Nephi, 21:22. )

“But if the (LDS) Gentiles will repent and hearken unto my words, and harden not their hearts, I will establish my church among them (the Church of the remnant of Jacob or the Indians), and they shall come in unto the covenant and be numbered among the remnant of Jacob, unto whom I have given this land for their inheritance. ”

4) CHRIST COMMANDS THAT A PROCLAMATION BE MADE TO ALL KINGS, PRESIDENTS, GOVERNORS, ETC. (See D&C, 124:2. ) IN IT THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS MADE ABOUT ALL BELIEVING GENTILES:
“For be it known unto you, that the only salvation which remains for the Gentiles, is for them to be identified in the same covenant, and to worship at the same altar with Israel. In short, they must come to the same standard for there shall be one Lord, and His name one, and He shall be King over all the earth. ”

THIS IS THE DAY FOR THE NATURAL BRANCHES OF ISRAEL! The bitter branches and evil fruit will be pruned from the vineyard as indicated in the Book of Mormon, Jacob, 5:33-58. Remember, this is the day when every tub must stand on its own bottom. Know for yourself through Christ, what is true!

-Amen.

THE INDIANS SHALL INHERIT THE DESOLATED CITIES OF THE WHITE MAN

THE SAVIOR QUOTES FROM THE PROPHECIES OF ISAIAH WHILE ADDRESSING THE NEPHITES AND LAMANITES:

“For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left, and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles and make the desolate cities to be inhabited. ” (3 Nephi, 22:1, or Isa. 52:3).

“And my people who are a remnant of Jacob, (the Indians) shall be among the Gentiles, yea, in the midst of them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver. Their hand shall be lifted up upon their adversaries, and all their enemies shall be cut off. ”

(See 3 Nephi, 21:12-13. )

“Therefore repent ye, and humble yourself before Him, lest He shall come out in justice against you -lest a remnant of the seed of Jacob (the Indians) shall go forth among you as a lion, and tear you in pieces and there is none to deliver. ” (Mormon, 5:24).

BELIEVE THE WORDS OF THE GREAT WHITE CHIEF 92

Introduction

WAS THE PROPHET JOSEPH SMITH A TRUE PROPHET WHEN HE PROPHESIED IN 1835 AS FOLLOWS?

“President Smith then stated****it was the will of God that those who went to Zion, with a determination to lay down their lives, if necessary, should be ordained to the ministry, and go forth to prune the vineyard for the last time, or the coming of the Lord, which was nigh -even fifty-six years should wind up the scene. ” (Statement made Feb. 14, 1835. See Church History, Vol. 2:182. )

Note: Feb. 14, 1835, plus 56 years = Feb. 14, 1891.

AND AGAIN HE STATED IN THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS, 130:14-16 AS FOLLOWS:

“I was once praying very earnestly, to know the time of the coming of the Son of Man, when 1 heard a voice repeat the following:

“Joseph, my son, if thou livest until thou art eighty-five years old, thou shalt see the face of the Son of Man. Therefore, let this suffice, and trouble me no more on this matter.

“I was left thus, without being able to decide whether this coming referred to the beginning of the millennium, or to some previous appearing, or whether I should die and thus see his face. ”

Note: The Prophet Joseph was born Dec. 23, 1805. Hence he would have been eighty-five years old on Dec. 23, 1890.

NOW READ ABOUT THE GREAT EVENT THAT HAPPENED AT WALKER LAKE, NEVADA, IN 1890, AND SEE FOR YOURSELF IF JOSEPH SMITH PROPHESIED TRULY OR NOT:

The Indian Messiah

The American Indian is often depicted as a man without religion or scruples, or faith in a supreme being. This may be largely due to his reluctance to adopt the ways of the white man, and become what we regard as “a good Christian, ” which in the light of today’s business practices, ethics and morals, is an attainment of doubtful distinction, and hardly worth emulating.

After reading L. Taylor Hansen’s book, “He Walked The Americas, ” which reveals the personal contacts of Christ with almost every Indian tribe in North, South and Central America, and in Hawaii, as reflected in their legends, one must admit that they, indeed, have strong foundations of their own for a belief in a Supreme Being.

There are some artists and sculptors who have expressed in stone and colors, the Indian’s deep spiritual feelings in his appeal to the Great Spirit for help and guidance, and for redress of the great wrongs inflicted upon him by the white man.

Perhaps the high point of the American Indian’s religious expression in the past century occurred in the year 1890, at Walker Lake, Nevada, when their own Indian Messiah appeared to a large gathering of delegates from some sixteen tribes, including a delegation of white Indians from a highly civilized tribe in Central America known as the Chigaraguans. These white Indians are a hold-over from the Golden Age of ancient America, when they possessed a culture and civilization that was nothing short of a perfect Utopia, -and still is! 96 97

Some writers have mistakenly confused this Indian Messiah of Walker Lake, Nevada, with a counterfeit of that area known as Wovoka, a Flute, of no particular talents or charisma, and who could speak only Piute. This Wovoka may have been responsible for the Ghost Dance so widely accepted among the North American Indians, but for little else. In the Ghost Dance, they would dance in a circle until some of them collapsed into an hypnotic trance. When they came to, they would assert that their spirits had made a visit with their ancestors in the Spirit World, and that they had predicted many good things for the down-trodden Indian, and that great, beneficial changes were coming for them that would bring judgment upon the white man and justice and betterment for the Indian.

The real Indian Messiah could make His speech understood to all the tribes present in the mixed gathering of some sixteen or seventeen different tongues. He could appear and disappear at will. And He also displayed the marks of His crucifixion, or the scars on His hands and wrists, and feet and on His side. Furthermore, He appointed twelve apostles to represent Him, eleven of whom were the White Indians from Central America, and the twelfth one was a Cheyenne named Porcupine from Montana.

NUMEROUS PRESS REPORTS

The nation’s press of 1890, carried many stories of this very unusual event at Walker Lake, Nevada. Many of them were reported in “The Deseret News” of Salt Lake City, some of which we quote in the following references. The Indians were so agitated on at least sixteen reservations that General Miles of the U. S. Army, found it necessary to make a tour of all army installations at or near these reservations, to see what could be done about all this excitement over an Indian Messiah.

The so-called “Messiah Craze” had become the inspiration for Chief Sitting Bull of the Sioux to believe that he could arouse the Indians to another victory greater than the defeat of Custer’s forces at the Little Big Horn, for the Messiah had promised them that the Whites should be destroyed from off the face of this land, and that the land would be given back to the Indians, from whom the Whites had so unfairly taken it, and had broken so many treaties concerning this land. Infect, it is claimed by some that Sitting Bull was “accidentally’ on purpose killed to put an end to his Indian Messiah activities, and to stop the dreaded Ghost Dance, which had been outlawed.

In “The Deseret News” for Nov. 7, 1890, there is a report from “The St. Paul Dispatch” under the title of, “The Indian Messiah, ” as follows:

“General Miles is here on his return from his western tour. He says, ‘I have been to Utah, Montana and Cheyenne Reservations investigating. You have no doubt heard that the Indian tribes are reported to believe that the Messiah has come, whois to restore them to their former glory, and drive the Whites from the land. I have learned that this belief exists among sixteen tribes. There is no doubt that some Indians, who are holding this belief in the Indian Messiah, are sincere, and a few certainly have seen some person on whom they look to be that Messiah.

“‘Several small parties of Indians have gone from their tribes to some point in Nevada. There they have been shown someone disguised as the Messiah, and have spoken with him. I am inclined to believe that there is more than one person impersonating the Messiah, as when the Sioux have spoken with him, he replied in the Sioux tongue. . . and so on with the representatives of each nation. ‘ (General 99 98

Miles could not allow for a Pentecostal gift of tongues in this case, because then he would have to admit that this Messiah was genuine. -NCP. )

“General Miles gave his opinion that ‘the Mormons are prime movers in it. . . It is noteworthy, ‘ says he, ‘that this so-called Messiah tells Indians that when he comes to reign over them, firearms will no longer be used. . . that he will draw a line behind which he will gather all Indians, land then he will roll the earth back upon the Whites. This has naturally excited the Indians and large numbers have accepted the new belief. None is more ardent than Chief Sitting Bull, who is intensely Indian in all his ideas. The argument Indians use is: The Whites have had their Messiah, and the Indians now have theirs!’”

In “The Deseret News” for Nov. 8, 1890, an article dated Nov. 4th, taken from “The Kansas City Dispatch, ” from Ft. Reno, Special, quotes Sitting Bull as follows:

“The Messiah said He had come to save the White Man, but they persecuted Him, and now He had come to deliver the long tormented Indians. . . All day Christ instructed them and gave them evidence of His powers. He, Sitting Bull, told his people His story, and asked that Porcupine be sent for to verify it. (Porcupine was one of the twelve Indian apostles. ) He, Porcupine, returned with the same tale, and presently all were converted. ”

“We have a large number of extracts from different newspapers (says the editor) on this subject of ‘The Indian Christ, ‘ claiming to embody the assertions of the aborigines who state that they have seen the Messiah and heard Him talk. That a personage exhibiting supernatural powers has shown Himself:

1) The Hopi Indians claim this gathering will soon take place in Hopi land for all Indians.

and that He showed the marks of spikes having been driven through His hands. Be had offered to save the Whites, and they had refused to accept Him. And now the day of the Indians, who are to be restored to ownership of the land, had come. . . He also taught them to be honest, peaceful, cleanly, and to give up all bad habits.

To this the editor adds: “To say the least, it is a wonderful movement, and one is puzzled in endeavoring to account for it. ”

“He sternly denies General Miles’ suggested idea that the Mormons are connected with this event: ‘Indeed, many Mormons are themselves conjecturing as to the meaning of this extraordinary agitation among the aborigines, and are puzzled to know what it means. ‘”

About the only official Mormon reaction that we can find, comes from Susa Young Gates, editor of “The Young Woman’s Journal, ” (a Mormon periodical, ) In Vol. 1:477, she states:

“Few, if any, of the leading Brethren doubt the probability of a certain, if exaggerated, foundation for these stories. Our Lord is evidentially setting His hand to prepare the scattered remnants of Israel for the great event about to take place. “

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

THE JOSEPH SMITH PROPHECY

The Mormons regard the Indians as a remnant of Israel, as related in the Book of Mormon, and believe that the Messiah has a special work to accomplish with these people; all of which is in agreement with the teachings of the Indian Messiah.

They were also especially concerned about this reported appearance of the Indian Messiah because their own Prophet Joseph Smith had twice predicted 100 101

that Christ would come about 1890, probably as a preliminary coming to His final coming in glory for His Millennial Reign.

The first prediction appears in the LDS Church History, Vol. 2182, under date of Feb. 14, 1835, and states that “. . . the coming of the Lord, which is nigh—even fifty-six years should wind up the scene. ” This comes out to Feb. 14, 1891.

The other prediction was made eight years later under the date of April 2, 1843, and is found in the LDS Doctrine and Covenants, 130:14-16. In it the Lord says that if he (Joseph) “should live to be eighty-five years of age, he should see the face of the Son of Man. ” The Prophet Joseph admits that this coming could refer to one prior to the Millennium, or even to his death at age eighty-five. But his death came at age thirty-nine, so the Lord did not have that in mind. Joseph Smith was born on Dec. 23, 1805, so this comes out to Dec. 23, 1890!

Needless to say, there was some disappointment among the Mormons that Christ had elected to appear to the lowly Indians at Walker Lake, Nevada, instead of to the good Latter-day Saints, awaiting Him in Utah. But sad to say, by 1890, the LDS had already rejected the practice of Christ’s major doctrines such as United Order, Plural Marriage, and the Adam-God doctrine, and others, because they felt that persecution was too intense, and the general opposition was too strong. Many of the Indians, however, have for generations lived their manner of United Order and Plural Marriage regardless of opposition.

THE TESTIMONY OF APOSTLE PORCUPINE

There were many other articles in the nation’s press in the year 1890, about this Indian Messiah, but by far the best and most impressive account comes from the eye-witness testimony given by one of the twelve Indian apostles, appointed by the Indian Messiah, a Cheyenne by the name of Porcupine. Porcupine delivered a sermon at Ft. Custer, Montana. before an audience of some forty civilian and military personnel, with a few Indians present also. Fortunately, there was a newspaper reporter present from “The Boston Journal, ” by the name of F. K. Upham, and his paper published the story in their issue of July 5, 1890.

It tells how a righteous young Indian by the name of Porcupine from the Cheyennes, was, like certain wise men of the East, inspired to make this long arduous pilgrimage to Walker Lake, Nevada, to see the Messiah. He was accompanied by his wife and two other Indians; and, like the wise men of the East, they were very content with the high reward of their journey, for they, in truth, had seen the Messiah.

According to a report in “The Chicago Dispatch” and reprinted in “The Deseret News” for Nov. 18, 1890, Porcupine was also interviewed by Lt. Robinson of Ft. Custer, Montana, “General Miles had assigned Lt. Robinson to make a careful investigation of this new religion, and his principal interviews were with Apostle Porcupine, and with Big Beaver, who had accompanied Porcupine on his visit to see the Messiah.

“Porcupine told Lt. Robinson that there were several hundred Indians at Walker Lake at the time, including representatives of the Cheyenne, Sioux, Arapahoes, Gros-Ventres, Utes, Navajos, Bannocks, and other strange tribes. –Some were White Indians from a far distance the he did not know. ”

However, the story by F. K. Upham in “The Boston Journal” gives the most detailed account of 103 102

Apostle Porcupine’s experience, and it is, indeed, an inspiring one, and one that clearly eliminates the lowly Wovoka, who spoke only Piute, as this most gifted Messiah. We will give Porcupine’s account here as Mr. Upham reports it.

“Before commencing his talk, Porcupine gave an almost inaudible prayer, that lasted fully five minutes, during which the other Indians with him sat with heads bowed. Porcupine stood erect, his hands extended upwards, Then he alternately placed his hands across his breast, and dropped them to his sides, as if following a sacred ritual.

“It was in the vicinity of Walker Lake, Nevada, and it was in the mountains where Porcupine found himself with many strange Indians whose language he could not speak, and who, like himself, had come from far off -but all had come to see the Messiah.

“At sundown the Indians collected in large numbers, and after it became dark, He appeared to them -a large fire being built to throw the light upon Dim. He was not as dark as an Indian nor as light as a white man, and His dress was partly like each. He sat for a long time in perfect silence with His head bowed, during which time the Indians neither moved nor spoke. They were told that if they even whispered, the Christ would know it and be displeased.

“After a time He raised His head, and then Porcupine saw that He was fair to look upon, that His face bad no beard, and was youthful, and that His bright hair extended to His waist. (This may be an error in reporting, because in another news article Sitting Bull describes the Indian Messiah as having a beard. –NCP. ) he was able to see the scars of the nails in the hands of the Indian Christ when He raised them. In His feet he could not see the marks of the nails by reason of the moccasins, but he was told they were there, and that in His side were spear marks which were concealed by the shirt He wore.

“Porcupine was told that HIS OWN COMING, HAD, WITH ELEVEN OTHERS, BEEN FORETOLD BY THE CHRIST, WHO HAD SENT FOR THEM, and that is why he had involuntarily taken the long journey. (The other eleven were the White Indians from Mexico. -NCP. )

“The Christ spoke to them, and took Porcupine by the hand and told them they were all His children. He talked to them until it was day, telling them that He had made them, and all things around them; that in the beginning God had made the earth, and after a time had sent Him on the earth to teach the people what was right; but the people were afraid of Him, and ‘this is what they did to Me, ‘ showing the scars.

“He said, when He found that the children were so bad, He went back above, and promised to return after many hundred years. Now the time was up and God had told Him the earth was old and worn out, and sent Him again to renew it, and make things better. He Said all the dead were to be resurrected and brought back to life on this earth, which was now too small to hold them all; but He would do away with heaven and make the earth large enough to hold them all.

“He spoke about fighting, that it was bad, and that Indians must not do it anymore, that the earth hereafter was to be all good and everybody must love one another.

“Porcupine had heard that the Christ of the white man had been nailed to the cross, and looking “He said He would send among them those who could heal wounds, and cure the sick by the laying on of the hands, and that the good would live here forever, and the buffalo would come back.

“He said it was wrong to kill men of any kind, that if any man disobeyed these teachings, he would be banished from the face of the earth; that the Indians must believe all that He now told them, and not say that Belied, for He would know their thoughts, no matter what part of the world they were in, and they could not expect to deceive Him.

“Among those whom Porcupine saw, were some who appeared like white men, (the White Indians from far South) but they all seemed good -and all listened and believed what the Christ told them.

“During Porcupine’s stay of many days, the Christ appeared several times and repeated these talks and told the Indians that when they returned to their people, they must tell them all these things. But He was not all the time visible, and could disappear at will. ‘He is here among us tonight and knows all that we are talking about. ‘ said Porcupine. . . ‘When you have seen the Christ once, you can see Him in your sleep, that is, if you have shaken His hand. and through Him you c6n go to heaven and see your friends who are dead. I see Him often in my sleep and He told me there was trouble for the Cheyennes. The next night He came to me and told me that all would be well in the end. ‘

“Of Porcupine’s sincerity, there can be no doubt. As he says of himself, he is no medicine man, ‘ and he seems to have no wish to become one. That he has seen the Person Whom he describes as the Christ, there seems to be no question. ” (Note: This article was also reprinted in the LDS “Millennial Star” for Aug. 18, 1890, Vol. 52;532-535. ) Also Deseret Weekly Aug 2, 1890, Page 180

OTHER INDIAN TESTIMONIES

A story in “The Deseret Weekly, ” published by “The Deseret News, ” dated Dec. 27th, 1890, tells about Sitting Bull, or Short Bull, the Arapahoe, and Porcupine, concerning their testimonies of the Indian Messiah. This evidence should remove all remaining doubt that this most unusual Personage could have been Wovoka, the Piute. “The Deseret Weekly” quotes a story taken from the current “Illustrated American, ” of the time as follows:

“Just when and where the present Messiah craze arose is uncertain. The evidence at present obtainable indicates that it has resulted more from a process of evolution than from the preaching of any one man. The first Indian who preached the coming of the Red Christ in a manner that attracted attention was Short Bull, or Sitting Bull, an Arapahoe, who must not be confused with Sitting Bull, the Sioux chief who took part in the Custer massacre. This Sitting Bull, or Short Bull, arrived at the Shoshone agency at Fort Washakie in Wyoming, about a year ago and announced that he had seen the Christ. The new Messiah, he said, told of His previous life upon the earth 1900 years ago, , and how the people refused to accept Him and showed the scars in Ella hands and feet where He had been nailed to the cross. He promised that the buffalo and other game should return in their former abundance. Then the Messiah gave the Indian buffalo meat to eat, and Sitting Bull fell asleep. When he awoke he found that he had been transported a long distance in his sleep.

“Indians do not communicate with one another by letter, but send their messages by runners. By word of mouth, Sitting Bull’s story was made known to many tribes, and a year ago a sort of council was held at a place supposed to be on the shores of Walker Lake, in western Nevada. At this council, the Messiah showed Himself. Representatives of sixteen tribes are said to have been present. Near the camp, the sage brush and rose bushes had been cut off close to the ground over a circle perhaps 100 feet in diameter. Here is one of the accounts of the appearance of Christ.

“The next day, as the sun was setting low, the people all assembled about this circle, and presently a Man was seen walking into it. The people stood about until He had reached the middle of the circle and then they went to meet Him. He stood in their midst and talked to them, appearing to be able to talk all languages and to make Himself understood by all the tribes present. He told the people that things were going to be changed; that the buffalo and the game would be brought back; that they should have again their own country, and that the world would be turned upside down.

“Be closed His speech by saying that in the night He would go up to Heaven to see God. Next morning about nine or ten o’clock the people again gathered about the circle and presently the Messiah walked in among them. He told them He had just returned from Heaven where He had seen God.

“Among the Indians present at the council was Porcupine, a northern Cheyenne, who has since been one of the foremost prophets of the new Messiah. His story is as follows:

“‘What I am going to say is the truth. The two men sitting near me were with me, and will bear witness that I speak the truth. All the Indians and white people are brothers and sisters, I was told there. I never knew this before. The fish-eaters near Pyramid Lake, Nevada, told me that the Christ had appeared on earth again. They said that Christ knew that he (Porcupine)was coming, and that 107

eleven of His children were coming from a far land. (The White Indians from Mexico. -NCP. ) It appeared that Christ had sent for me to go there, and that was why, unconsciously, I took my journey. It had been foreordained. They told me when I got there that my Great Father was there also, but I did not know who He was.

“The people assembled, called a council and the chief’s son went to see the Great Father, who sent word for us to remain 14 days in that camp, and that He would come and see us. At the end of two days, on the third morning, hundreds of people gathered at this place. They cleared a place near the agency in the form of a circus ring, and we all went there. Just before sundown, I saw a great many people, mostly Indians, coming dressed in white man’s clothes. The Christ was with them. They all formed in this ring and around it; and they put up sheets all around the circle, as they had no tents.

“‘Just after dark, some of the Indians told me that Christ’s Father had arrived. I looked around to find Him and finally saw Him sitting on one side of the ring. He was dressed in a white robe. The next morning He told us He was going away for that day, but would be back the next morning and talk to us. I heard that Christ had been crucified, and I looked to see, and I saw a scar on His wrist and one on His face, and He seemed to be the man. I could not see His feet. He would talk to us all day. That evening we all assembled again to see Him depart. The following morning the Christ was back with us and wanted to talk with us. He said I am the man who made everything you see around you. I am not lying to you, my children. I made this earth and everything on it. I have been to Heaven and have seen your dead friends, and have seen my own Father and Mother. 108

“‘He spoke to us about fighting and said that it was bad, and that we must keep from it. The earth was to be all good hereafter, and that we must be friends with one another. He said that if any man disobeyed what He ordered, his tribe would be wiped from the face of the earth. Ever since the Christ talked to me, I have thought what He said was good. I have seen nothing bad in it. When I got back, I knew my people were bad and had heard nothing of this, so I got them together and warned them to listen to it for their own good. I told them just what has been told to you here today. ‘

“Porcupine’s tale met with belief wherever he told it. It will be observed that Porcupine’s account of the Red Christ’s message makes it one of peace.

“The next development of the belief was furnished by Kicking Horse, whose visit to Heaven had been compared with that of Tecumseh’s brother, the prophet. Kicking Horse is a Sioux. To him are accredited the feature of the craze involved in the belief of the resurrection of all dead Indians, and of the over-whelming of the whites.

“His story is that he was taken to Heaven through a hole in the clouds, and talked to the Great Spirit, who told him that His children, the Indians, have suffered enough, and the time would come when they should occupy the earth again. They must not kill nor molest the whites, the Great Spirit said, for He Himself, would wipe the wicked people from off the face of the earth by sending a wave of mud 20 feet or more in depth, over the country. The dead Indians would be restored to life, and there would be buffalo and horses aplenty.

The following is an account given in The American, ” of the experience which Sitting Bull, or Short 109

Bull, claims to have passed through.

“While hunting alone near the Shoshone Mountain, he became lost, and for a long time wandered about aimlessly. Finally a strange feeling came over him, and he involuntarily began to follow a certain star, which moved before him and led him many miles up into the mountains. Just at daybreak, the star became stationary over a beautiful mountain valley, and he sank to rest on a couch of moss.
“While he rested, estrange vision appeared to him. He saw a great spirit dance, and the participants were dead Arapahoe warriors, led by the dead chiefs of the past. Suddenly he was awakened by a voice, and he saw before him a strange being dressed in a blanket of pure white. The strange being said that He was the same Christ who was upon the earth 1900 years ago to save the white men; and that He would soon return to save the red men. The people who have so long persecuted and robbed the Indian would be driven out of the land and across the sea, never to return again. All day the Messiah conversed with Sitting Bull, revealing to him many things, and also showing him the scars of nails in His hands and feet, and wounds in His side. When night came the Messiah disappeared. ”

It appears that Porcupine was the only one of the Twelve Indian Apostles to carry the Messiah’s message among the North American Indians. The other eleven White Indians retired to their sacred city in the far south of Mexico. Apparently they were under covenant not to promulgate their gospel to the rest of the world until they were so commanded by the Messiah. 110 111

NATONI NEZBAH, THE NAVAJO

Back in 1945, this writer interviewed a Navajo Indian by the name of Natoni Nezbah, who claimed that he had visited the sacred city of White Indians in the far south of Mexico, and that he had met and received teachings from their Great White Chief, Echa Tah Echa Nah, The Mighty and Wise One, whose name is Joseph, which was also the name of his father before him.

Toni, as we called him, also asserted that Echa Tah Echa Nah had been acclaimed as the Super Chief of all other Indian chiefs at a great conference of leading Indians from North, South and Central America, which was held at Lake Pitzcuaro in the Mexican state of Michoacan, in April of 1940. Toni told a lengthy, detailed story about these White Indians, and their beliefs, culture and Utopian society that seemed to be ideal. And bow it was their plan to soon make a massive migration to the North, and how they would amalgamate with the Mormons. But he was presenting a time table that was far ahead of the actual event, which must come after the 3i years of unprecedented tribulation.

Needless to say, I was fascinated with the story and soon put it into manuscript form, being very faithful to the detail. * as he related them to me. However, one copy of this manuscript got out of my hands, and soon it received a wide circulation by being copied and re-copied, mimeographed and printed. Infect, one of the general authorities of the Church, who should know, informed me that if he had a dime for every copy of it, he would be a rich man.

Chief Howard L. LaHurreau of the Pottawattomie Indians, when interviewed by Milton R. Hunter and others at or near Ft. Wayne, Indiana, June 15, 1951, verified that Natoni Nezbah had been taught in this “Star City” of the White Indians, but that he had broken his Indian vows by contacting the Mormons and offering to take any of them to this Sacred City.

Once more 1955, this same story received wide circulation again in a booklet published by The New Age Publishing Company, operated by Dorothy Thomas of Glendale, California. Strangely enough Mrs. Thomas soon received an invitation from Chief Dan Kat chongva of the Hopi Indians to come and visit him on this matter.

THE HOPI TESTIMONY

The venerable old chief, who is said to be now 110 years old, verified the story, although he declared that Natoni Nezbah was not a true authorized messenger of Echa Tah Echa Nah. Nevertheless, he asserted that the story was basically true, and that the Hopi Indians were looking forward to the coming of The Great White Chief, together with The True White Brother. The True White Brother had led them to their present homeland, and had given them some sacred tablets to keep until He returns with other tablets that will match them, and the sacred inscriptions thereon can then be revealed.

These powerful leaders, he said, will be able to unite all the North American Indians together as one nation, and gather them to Hopi Land to escape THE DAY OF PURIFICATION, or Judgment Day, that is about to come upon the world. This is the time according to Indian prophecies, that evil doers will be swept off from the face of the earth, and mostly Indians will be left to inherit the land of America. A well known Indian prophecy states that the White-man’s money will soon become worthless; then they will almost destroy themselves by fighting among themselves and the Negroes. Then after further judgments 112

are visited upon the land, the Indian will be left to inherit his own land once again.

THE HOPI PROPHECY

The Hopi version of the prophecy about the Day of Purification, was recently published on the front page of “The Prescott Courier, ” for August 9, 1970, when old Chief Dan Katchongva visited there to witness a series of foretold UFO sightings. He was seeking a long awaited sign from them. These UFO sightings were witnessed by hundreds of people, and were also photographed and the pictures published on the front page of the Courier, along with the Hopi story. Infect, the UFO stories were featured for three days. (See also FATE Magazine for April, 1971. )

The Hopi prophecy from the front page of “The Prescott Courier” follows:

“The Hopi believe that the human race will pass through three stages of life since its origin. Three being a sacred number. At the end of each stage, human life has to be purified or punished by certain acts of the Great Spirit, due mainly to corruption, greed and turning away from the Great Spirit’s teachings. The last great destruction was by flood, which destroyed all but a few faithful ones.

“The Hopi now await the next Purification Day, at which time all wicked or wrong doers shall be punished or destroyed, after which real peace, brotherhood and everlasting life will be brought about.

“They believe that a big fire and explosion will signal the coming of the True White Brother. This, they believe, will be a sign for an Indian migration from Mexico, Central and South America to begin.

“The Hopi believe that their True White Brother, when he comes, will be all powerful and he will wear a red cap or a red cloak. He will be (with)a large population, and belong to no religion but his very own. He will bring with him the Sacred Stone Tablets. Great will be his coming. None will be able to stand against him. All power in this world will be placed in his hands, and he will come swiftly and in one day get control of this whole continent. The Hopi have been warned never to take up arms. ”

HOPI GET PROPHECY SIGN FROM UFO’s

This event was again reported in “The Albuquerque Journal” for Oct. 10, 1970, where a feature article carried these headlines: HOPI GET PROPHECY SIGN FROM UFO’s, and a five column story follows.

“We have seen the flying saucers and have heard their message to us, ” said Chief Dan Katchongva, declaring that the Day of Purification was near at hand. Chief Dan Katchongva was the leader of a delegation of Hopis who went to the United Nations in 1959, to warn the assembled world leaders of the impending Day of Purification, and to warn them also of the great need for them to repent and establish and maintain peace in the world, or suffer the consequence of the Day of Purification. ”

The article concludes with the old Chief’s words: “We know the faithful are to be gathered to escape Purification Day. Therefore, when the great fire and explosion takes place, it will be seen all over North, South end Central America, and the earth shall shake. Therefore, when the True White Brother comes, listen to him and gather when the power comes from the South.

“We give you our testimony, and all that we tell you is true, ” the Chief said, “So you have no excuse that you were not told. ”

Can we deny it? Truly the day of the Indian is about to dawn, while the day of the white man is already in twilight, and rapidly approaching darkness. 115

A Few Parting Thoughts

Your attention is called to Isaiah, 30:26, where it speaks of the moon becoming “as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days. ” This could be the light signal, visible a1 over the Americas, that is to mark the start of the great Indian migration from the south.

The True White Brother appears to be Christ, whose own presence will be in this great migration, according to the Doctrine and Covenants, 103:19-20: “Therefore, let not your hearts faint, for I say unto you as I said unto your fathers: Mine angel shall go up before you, but not my presence, But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land. ”

The red cape and cap of the True White Brother is clarified in the Doctrine and Covenants, 133:50-51: “And his voice shall be heard: I have trodden the wine press alone, and have brought judgment upon all people; and none were with me. And I have trampled them in my fury, and I did tread upon them in mine anger, and their blood have I sprinkled upon my garments, and stained all my raiment; for this was the day of vengeance which was in my heart. ”

As to the great gathering of the Indians to escape the Day of Purification, we call attention to the promise of Christ in the Book of Mormon, in 3 Nephi, 20:13-16, where He promises “to gather the remnants (or Indians) from the north, south, east, and west, to bring them to a knowledge of the Lord their God, who hath redeemed them. And the Father bath commanded me that I SHOULD GIVE UNTO YOU (the Nephites and Lamanites, etc. ) THIS LAND FOR YOUR INHERITANCE. ”

President John Taylor indicated that only 10% to 25% of the LDS would survive the tests that we must face during the setting-in-order and judgment period.

Isaiah also indicated that a tenth would be spared when he asked the Lord about it: “Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, and the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

“But yet in it shall be a TENTH, and it (the Tenth) shall return, —the holy seed shall be the substance thereof. ” (The holy seed for the millennial population. ) -See Isaiah, 6:11-13.

Let us not suppose that because the White Indians of necessity, had to limit their population growth inside their small, hidden valley, that this situation will prevail once they migrate to the New Jerusalem. Infect, Isaiah speaks of this very situation concerning those who survive the judgments in the days of The BRANCH Prophet: (Isa. 4:1-3)

“In that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name to take away our reproach. (of barrenness. )

“In that day shall The BRANCH of the Lord be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel. And it shall come to pass that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even everyone that is written among the living in Jerusalem. ”

Yes, stand on your own two feet, like a tub on its own bottom, and work out your own salvation!

The End

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

That's the whole book folks. What do you think of it? It was on the website freeread.com.

Etosha
captain of 100

Post by Etosha »

Awsome - goes along with Cleon Skouson

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/w- ... ive-years/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that the people from central and south american would come up to North America but I'm glad it these accounts they will be peaceful!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading it in small doses.