Evolutionary psychology and sexuality in society.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Evolutionary psychology and sexuality in society.

Post by Fiannan »

Okay, this guy has a strong evolutionary psychology bias (note: evolutionary psychology is gaining ground in science and psychology so it will be followed by eugenics) but what do you think of his comments about homosexuality here, which totally go against the idea that people are born gay:

42 minutes

And I am somewhat curious as to how LDS male and female doctors treated "hysteria" in the 19th century:

30 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ygq7F4TX4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In a way his presentation could very well justify polygamy as being WAY more natural than monogamy. What about that?

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Re: Evolutionary psychology and sexuality in society.

Post by Henmasher »

This man has ideas that are dangerous. First thing is homosexuality is being softened here. Desire to be around other males or show affection is not homosexuality. Acting upon urges that defile oneself is homosexuality. I kiss my dad and embrace him every opportunity I can. I wrestle with my son and also kiss and embrace him creating a bond and relationship. This is not homosexuality as he tries to soften it to be or to appear to be.
This man tries to define homosexuality as all contact between the same genders. I did not feel any good when I watched this in fact I had to shut it off as directed by the spirit.

P.s. "Justification" is the grease on a bobsled headed for hell.
Last edited by Henmasher on September 27th, 2012, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Henmasher wrote:This man has ideas that are dangerous. First thing is homosexuality is being softened here. Desire to be around other males or show affection is not homosexuality. Acting upon urges that defile oneself is homosexuality. I kiss my dad and embrace him every opportunity I can. I wrestle with my son and also kiss and embrace him creating a bond and relationship. This is not homosexuality as he tries to soften it to be or to appear to be.

Excellent point, but by making it a behavior, rather than orientation, it seems the gays would still object to his viewpoint.

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

Fiannan wrote:
Henmasher wrote:This man has ideas that are dangerous. First thing is homosexuality is being softened here. Desire to be around other males or show affection is not homosexuality. Acting upon urges that defile oneself is homosexuality. I kiss my dad and embrace him every opportunity I can. I wrestle with my son and also kiss and embrace him creating a bond and relationship. This is not homosexuality as he tries to soften it to be or to appear to be.

Excellent point, but by making it a behavior, rather than orientation, it seems the gays would still object to his viewpoint.
I agree, that is the fallacy of this entire conversation. The bases of the disease cannot be reconciled by the side that wants the behaviour justified. I commend small farm as I would like to hear his imput. He has struggled and in my eyes shows what the Lord can do for those that struggle. The devil would rather us justify and embrace.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Henmasher wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

I agree, that is the fallacy of this entire conversation. The bases of the disease cannot be reconciled by the side that wants the behaviour justified. I commend small farm as I would like to hear his imput. He has struggled and in my eyes shows what the Lord can do for those that struggle. The devil would rather us justify and embrace.
Is it a disease or a condition or a behavior? Most women are bisexual in some degree according to the research. Are they diseased?

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

According to this man we are all homosexual and bisexual to the extent of the definition of each. Satan is taking what was clearly outside of the bounds the Lord has set and is trying to passively minimize. I would well call it a plague that starts in the mind and ends with actions that are wrong. Consider this, does the Lord advocate for minimal sexual touching prior to marriage and then full blown after? No we are to restrain the temptations entirely before marriage(sealing), then act appropriately upon desires or temptations after marriage. FFT, there are many sexual sins acted upon post celestial marriage. But that thread is dangerous so just think on it or comment. I do not want to go down that road ;)

In the end this man tries to group any contact between men as homosexual if the nature can be deemed sensual by theory, to him kissing or intercourse falls in the same group. Very scary grouping for context of a discussion
I---(Kissing)---(Embracing)---(Serious Kissing)---(Touching)---(Intercourse)---I

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

According to this man we are all homosexual and bisexual to the extent of the definition of each. Satan is taking what was clearly outside of the bounds the Lord has set and is trying to passively minimize. I would well call it a plague that starts in the mind and ends with actions that are wrong. Consider this, does the Lord advocate for minimal sexual touching prior to marriage and then full blown after? No we are to restrain the temptations entirely before marriage(sealing), then act appropriately upon desires or temptations after marriage. FFT, there are many sexual sins acted upon post celestial marriage. But that thread is dangerous so just think on it or comment. I do not want to go down that road ;)
The only sexual sin that a married couple can commit, according to many leaders in the Church, when they are faithful to one another sexually is using birth control.

Are there any others that prophets have condemned as sin in official statements to the body of our Church?

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

I have chosen to allow The Lord to speak to me through the spirit with regards to the words "unholy and impure practice". It is important to remember the reason for procreation, for what it is reserved. After mortality it is then returned to those that receive the highest exaltation in the celestial kingdom for the intention of propagating their species. Not for social relationships like this man would want us to believe.