Why does Romney's 2011 1040 say USA 'foreign country'?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Why does Romney's 2011 1040 say USA 'foreign country'?

Post by Col. Flagg »

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washin ... ax-returns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When the former Massachusetts governor released his official 2011 tax return Friday, he (or whoever actually filled out the form) appeared to have mistakenly referred to the United States as a foreign country.

"If you have a foreign address," the tax return instruction reads, "also complete spaces below." In the space below, under "foreign country name," Romney's form reads "USA."

Several tax preparers confirmed to Whispers that "USA" should not have been written in that line—assuming the Republican presidential nominee is actually a citizen of the United States.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Why does Romney's 2011 1040 say USA 'foreign country'?

Post by Col. Flagg »

In a related story:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/2 ... -my-income" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In an amended return also released Friday, Representative Paul D. Ryan, Mr. Romney’s running mate, disclosed that he and his wife had initially failed to report $61,122 in income from 2011. He said the failure was inadvertent. The change raised their total income to $323,416 and increased their taxes by $19,917 to $64,674, or 20 percent of adjusted gross income.

They owed a penalty of $59 for the original underpayment. The Ryans explained that they had overlooked their income from the Prudence Little Living Trust. Mrs. Little, who died in 2010, was Mrs. Ryan’s mother.
'Overlooked' $61,000? :))

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

OK; I get that you hate MR and I have no probeme with that...so my question is for whom will you vote for prez?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

It must be a big conspiracy Col.! Get your gang together, with your dog Scooby, and go solve it B-)

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

durangout wrote:OK; I get that you hate MR and I have no probeme with that...so my question is for whom will you vote for prez?
I don't hate Romney - I just don't like his disregard for or disdain for the Constitution, his do or say anything for political gain, who he has sold out to and been bought off by, who his promoters and funders are and the fact that he said two years ago that he doesn't know that anyone has spoken to God since Moses.

I'm writing in Dr. Ron Paul in November, 'tis as simple as that and to anyone who says I am throwing my vote away, I ask you... who's throwing their vote away... someone voting for a principled candidate beholden to the Constitution who would have tried to make a real difference... or an establishment politician who's not awake who's going to continue the status quo of corruption in Washington by continuing many of the same policies Bush II started that Obama continues?

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

shadow wrote:It must be a big conspiracy Col.! Get your gang together, with your dog Scooby, and go solve it B-)
Can't - the Mystery Machine is in the shop. ;)

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Well heck, that USA blunder should surely cost Romney the election, doncha think? sarc/ (Why is this even news???)

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

kathyn wrote:Well heck, that USA blunder should surely cost Romney the election, doncha think? sarc/ (Why is this even news???)
I just thought it was very odd that Romney's tax form would show the USA being a foreign country for him. :-\ And keep in mind kathyn... many Americans still think the 9/11 truth stuff isn't even worthy of a news headline. :ymapplause: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: In fact, you know what the news headline was yesterday on CNN.com... Hugh Hefner and one of his Playboy playmates in a dispute over his dog. :ymsick:

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Col. Flagg, I've filled out lots of forms in my life and occasionally I put things in the wrong place. It happens. Not a big deal, just someone being careless or in a hurry. But you're right....the "news" which everyone seems to report usually has to do with celebrities and fluff.

jcricket6048
captain of 100

Post by jcricket6048 »

kathyn wrote:Col. Flagg, I've filled out lots of forms in my life and occasionally I put things in the wrong place. It happens. Not a big deal, just someone being careless or in a hurry. But you're right....the "news" which everyone seems to report usually has to do with celebrities and fluff.
Yes I agree I did the same thing and it came back to me to fill it the correct way

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Col. Flagg wrote:
durangout wrote:OK; I get that you hate MR and I have no probeme with that...so my question is for whom will you vote for prez?
I don't hate Romney - I just don't like his disregard for or disdain for the Constitution, his do or say anything for political gain, who he has sold out to and been bought off by, who his promoters and funders are and the fact that he said two years ago that he doesn't know that anyone has spoken to God since Moses.

I'm writing in Dr. Ron Paul in November, 'tis as simple as that and to anyone who says I am throwing my vote away, I ask you... who's throwing their vote away... someone voting for a principled candidate beholden to the Constitution who would have tried to make a real difference... or an establishment politician (pssst RP has been in congress for 20 yrs) who's not awake who's going to continue the status quo of corruption in Washington by continuing many of the same policies Bush II started that Obama continues?
Thank you for responding and will answer your question likewise: You are throwing away your vote. RP isn't running for prez.

Alberta Rose
captain of 10

Post by Alberta Rose »

Those in the "know" understand how to fill out their tax return correctly. His tax return is correct. If you do not understand why this is so, then you do not comprehend who you are.

mingano
captain of 1,000

Post by mingano »

Alberta Rose wrote:Those in the "know" understand how to fill out their tax return correctly. His tax return is correct. If you do not understand why this is so, then you do not comprehend who you are.
Explain.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

durangout wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:

I'm writing in Dr. Ron Paul in November, 'tis as simple as that and to anyone who says I am throwing my vote away, I ask you... who's throwing their vote away... someone voting for a principled candidate beholden to the Constitution who would have tried to make a real difference... or an establishment politician (pssst RP has been in congress for 20 yrs) who's not awake who's going to continue the status quo of corruption in Washington by continuing many of the same policies Bush II started that Obama continues?
Thank you for responding and will answer your question likewise: You are throwing away your vote. RP isn't running for prez.
He's run for prez 3 times and isn't running anymore because he wasn't the GOP nominee, but I am sure he would appreciate those who support him writing him in where possible and no, I am not throwing my vote away... only those voting for either Obama or Romney are.

Lawful
captain of 100

Post by Lawful »

Voting for the "lessor of 2 evils" is still voting for EVIL.

There is NO solution to the system within the system, it, like all systems that have been taken over by secret oaths and combinations is LOST, that is the warning of the Book of Mormon for our days.

Stop all support of it or you are supporting it and just as guilty as everyone else who is supporting it.

YOUR trust is not in earthly Government, it is in the LORD and His Kingdom is not of this world (He was standing in the house of a Roman leader when He said that). The Roman Civil World is not the Kingdom on earth and never has been. Christ did not participate in it nor war against it, nor did He advocate opposition to it. Nor should His sheep.

Romney is irrelevant in the Kingdom of God because he has chosen who he will serve, and his bank accounts show where his treasure and trust is.

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

[quote="Col. Flagg] I'm writing in Dr. Ron Paul in November, 'tis as simple as that and to anyone who says I am throwing my vote away, I ask you... who's throwing their vote away... someone voting for a principled candidate beholden to the Constitution who would have tried to make a real difference... or an establishment politician (pssst RP has been in congress for 20 yrs) who's not awake who's going to continue the status quo of corruption in Washington by continuing many of the same policies Bush II started that Obama continues?[/quote]

Thank you for responding and will answer your question likewise: You are throwing away your vote. RP isn't running for prez.[/quote]
He's run for prez 3 times and isn't running anymore because he wasn't the GOP nominee, but I am sure he would appreciate those who support him writing him in where possible and no, I am not throwing my vote away... only those voting for either Obama or Romney are.[/quote]

Then why not write in President Monson? The Prophet would be a better President than Ron Paul and he also is not running.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

e-eye wrote:Then why not write in President Monson? The Prophet would be a better President than Ron Paul and he also is not running.
President Monson hasn't run for president 3 times, he's never run for president and nor was he in the race this year. I hope he also writes in Ron. Look, this isn't a vote for a man... this is a vote for what the man stood for! :ymapplause: Why can't some of you understand this??? #-o :ymblushing:

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

Col. Flagg wrote:
e-eye wrote:Then why not write in President Monson? The Prophet would be a better President than Ron Paul and he also is not running.
President Monson hasn't run for president 3 times, he's never run for president and nor was he in the race this year. I hope he also writes in Ron. Look, this isn't a vote for a man... this is a vote for what the man stood for! :ymapplause: Why can't some of you understand this??? #-o :ymblushing:
The Question behind the Question, is who will Ron Paul vote for????? :-?

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Henmasher wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:
The Question behind the Question, is who will Ron Paul vote for????? :-?

He's writing in Col. Flagg.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

jbalm wrote:
Henmasher wrote:The Question behind the Question, is who will Ron Paul vote for????? :-?

He's writing in Col. Flagg.
The question is, which one? ;)

mgsbigdog
captain of 10

Post by mgsbigdog »

I just thought it was very odd that Romney's tax form would show the USA being a foreign country for him.
Let's see i know i had that straw here...where did I...oh sorry col. I didn't realize you were grasping it. My apologies.

linj2fly
captain of 1,000

Post by linj2fly »

Image"Mitt vs Ron," take 10,648.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

mgsbigdog wrote:
I just thought it was very odd that Romney's tax form would show the USA being a foreign country for him.
Let's see i know i had that straw here...where did I...oh sorry col. I didn't realize you were grasping it. My apologies.
You have to admit... an 'error' like that on a tax return for a prominent individual like Romney who was running for president who they knew would have to eventually release his 2011 taxes is indeed curious. I'm not saying it couldn't have been an error, but given the person and the line data, you can't help but raise an eyebrow.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Maybe he was in Switzerland checking out his accounts over there when he did his taxes.

Alberta Rose
captain of 10

Post by Alberta Rose »

mingano wrote:
Alberta Rose wrote:Those in the "know" understand how to fill out their tax return correctly. His tax return is correct. If you do not understand why this is so, then you do not comprehend who you are.

Explain.

Here's a good start:

A KING'S CHARTER WHICH REFUSES TO DIE
JULY 20, 1998
By James Montgomery http://www.civil-liberties.com/books/index.html

and a small excerpt from the article:

".....For those that study Title 26 you will recognize IMF, which means Individual
Master File, all tax payers have one. To read one you have to be able to break their codes using file
6209, which is about 467 pages. On your IMF you will find a blocking series, which tells you what
type of tax you are paying. You will probably find a 300-399 blocking series, which 6209 says is
reserved. You then look up the BMF 300-399, which is the Business Master File in 6209. You would
have seen prior to 1991, this was U.S.-U.K. Tax Claims, non-refile DLN. Meaning everyone is
considered a business and involved in commerce and you are being held liable for a tax via a treaty
between the U.S. and the U.K., payable to the U.K.. The form that is supposed to be used for this is
form 8288, FIRPTA - Foreign Investment Real Property Tax Account, you won't find many people
using this form, just the 1040 form. The 8288 form can be found in the Law Enforcement Manual of
the IRS, chapter 3. If you will check the OMB's paper - Office of Management and Budget, in the
Department of Treasury, List of Active Information Collections, Approved Under Paperwork
Reduction Act, you will find this form under OMB number 1545-0902, which says U.S. withholding
tax-return for dispositions by foreign persons of U.S. real property interests-statement of withholding
on dispositions, by foreign persons, of U.S. Form #8288, #8288a. These codes have since been changed to read as follows; IMF 300-309, Barred Assessment, CP 55 generated valid for MFT-30, which is the code for 1040 form. IMF 310-399 reserved, the BMF 300-309 reads the same as IMF 300-309. BMF 390-399 reads U.S./U.K. Tax Treaty Claims.

The long and short of it is nothing changed, the government just made it plainer, the 1040 is the payment of a foreign tax to the king/queen of England. We have been in financial servitude since the Treaty of 1783. The United States Is Still A British Colony, part I....."
James Montgomery

I hardly doubt Mitt Romney (and his tax preparers) made a mistake on his 1040 Return. They know exactly who they are paying taxes to. Does it really matter who becomes president, honestly they all get "handled" anyway? But on the other hand if Romney does win at least he knows who he is working for. It is much better to be in the "know" than having no clue who your real enemy is.

Just my 2 Cdn cents worth, which I think might be worth more than yours today :).