Supreme Court upholds individual mandate, ObamaCare survives

Discuss political news items / current events.
sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Supreme Court upholds individual mandate, ObamaCare survives

Post by sadie_Mormon »

Just lovely... they can go shove their ObamaCare right up... well I won't go there X(

The Supreme Court has upheld the centerpiece of President Obama's health care overhaul.

The court Thursday ruled as constitutional the so-called individual mandate requiring most Americans to obtain health insurance starting in 2014.

The ruling is a victory for the president, ensuring for now that his signature domestic policy achievement remains intact.

It also ensures that the law will play a prominent role in the general election campaign, as Republican candidate Mitt Romney vows to repeal the law if elected.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Supreme Court upholds individual mandate, ObamaCare surv

Post by Original_Intent »

X( :(( #-o

That's unbelievable. Just shows that all three branches are corrupt beyond saving.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Forcing people to buy health insurance benefits the Gadianton insurance system, IMO, sticking it to the poor (again).

What options do we have, other than not paying into the system?
Does the fine happen if we don't use the system at all?

Will doctors be forbidden to treat sick people if they don't buy the insurance?

Does the mandatory insurance cover alternative health care choices -- or do citizens have any choice left as to what health care we want?

Will illegals also be required to buy health insurance, or will they continue to be treated for FREE?

Post by Like »

Look at at the bright side, most of the justices were nominated by republican presidents, so It could have been worst =))
Last edited by Like on June 28th, 2012, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

The Republic is dead. Invest in lead.

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

Wouldn't you call a non-compliance tax a penalty? Incredible

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Original_Intent wrote:X( :(( #-o

That's unbelievable. Just shows that all three branches are corrupt beyond saving.
Well, this just ticks me off! Maybe we should all just say a loud THANK YOU to EVERY House Republican who has for the past two years had the ability to end Obama care dead in it's tracks! This is exactly why our alliances is to run with the Constitution and not any one person. But since Ron Paul is the Father of the Constitution, all his supporters where fine with his silence. So how can the House Republicans who didn't even need one democrat vote in the house defund Obama care when it's now constitutional? They can't! Really unbelievable! Screw everyone of (H) Republican. And because of their silence there is nothing we can do anymore. We need to vote them ALL out! Thank goodness Ron Paul is off to retirement because I consider this an act of treason by everyone of them who have been all putting on an acting clinic like they hated Obama Care yet were completely silent on the only way to end it! Right you are OI, corrupt beyond..... I'm speechless.... Screw them all!
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on June 28th, 2012, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

DrJones wrote:Forcing people to buy health insurance benefits the Gadianton insurance system, IMO, sticking it to the poor (again).

Does the mandatory insurance cover alternative health care choices -- or do citizens have any choice left as to what health care we want?

Will illegals also be required to buy health insurance, or will they continue to be treated for FREE?
I'm sure ILLEGALS will continue to receive free medical care. I suppose we all need to change our citizenship and become illegal.
This Country rewards idiocy, but of course thats how they control the people by making them dependant on the Govt. Obama threatened the Supreme Court. All the check and balances are gone. :(

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

I'm still not sure why this is called Obamacare...

Newsflash! HE DIDNT WRITE IT!! Congress did....with help from their insurance lobbyists!

This is what happens when people don't pay attention to who they are putting in office. Anyone looking to the SCOTUS to save them from this kind of garbage is in for a shock.....they aren't on the side of the founding fathers.

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

DrJones wrote:Forcing people to buy health insurance benefits the Gadianton insurance system, IMO, sticking it to the poor (again).

Excellent questions. I think illegals will still get healthcare for free. I see the middle class getting screwed the most. I'm going to say I am so sick in my stomach right now trying to figure out what I need to do in the next year and a half. I'm so angry!! No one should be telling us that we HAVE TO have medical insurance!! So if I decide not to and end up in the ER now they won't treat me?

My mother called me all exciting saying, "how exciting they ruled it unconstitutional!!" Of course I was excited then immediately when online to see that NO she actually didn't hear it right... darn hearing aids she has!

I don't know how someone can't be sick to their stomach! Once they get us into the "system" we're all going to be chipped. Believe me they are programing us to accept things that we would never accept. You're going to see people getting out and living off the grid more and more.

This ruined my day!! They can go screw themselves for all I care. I have NO respect for the government because they don't represent us! They only support their agenda!!

OK, I'm going to go vomit now... :ymsick:

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

I just believe this goes to show who they want in office again! Had it been repealed it would have been a sign that those in control wanted someone else. Upholding this corrupt piece of legislation will undoubtedly raise Obama's "polling" numbers, and all those that don't want to work for insurance will be glad to vote for Obama again.

-- Geoff

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Agreed, Sadie_Mormon... I put my head in my hands as read the supreme court ruling. Yes, Obama threatened the "Supreme" court, I wonder who else did.

Where in the Constitution did they find support for requiring an individual (oops, just legal "citizens") to BUY health insurance? I can't find it...

Post by Like »

Will Mitt support this bill now? :ymdevil:

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

uglypitbull wrote:I'm still not sure why this is called Obamacare...

Newsflash! HE DIDNT WRITE IT!! Congress did....with help from their insurance lobbyists!

This is what happens when people don't pay attention to who they are putting in office. Anyone looking to the SCOTUS to save them from this kind of garbage is in for a shock.....they aren't on the side of the founding fathers.
Yes, Dirty Harry Reid is as responsible for this as Obama.

However, this may help Romney get elected as people see the only way out of this is to vote for Romney.

Post by Like »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote:
Original_Intent wrote:X( :(( #-o

Well, this just ticks me off! Maybe we should all just say a loud THANK YOU to EVERY House Republican who has for the past two years had the ability to end Obama care dead in it's tracks! This is exactly why our alliances a to run with the Constitution and not any one person. But since Ron Paul is the Father of the Constitution, all his supporters where fine with his silence. So how can the House Republicans who didn't even need one democrat vote in the house defund Obama care when it's now constitutional? They can't! Really unbelievable! Screw everyone of the (H) Republican. And because of their silence there is nothing we can do anymore. We need to vote them ALL out! Thank goodness Ron Paul is off to retirement because I consider this an act of treason by everyone of them who have been all putting on an acting clinic like they hated Obama Care yet were completely silent on the only way to end it! Right you are OI, corrupt beyond..... I'm speechless.... Screw them all!
Screw them all is right!!!

Hey remember Ron Paul did not vote against the NDAA and CISPA either....I wonder if those bills will make it to the supreme court :-?
Last edited by Like on June 28th, 2012, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

linj2fly
captain of 1,000

Post by linj2fly »

that is really bizarre. I was following the cnn live blog. at 7:18 (10:18 easter) the posted that the mandate was struck down! hmmm....

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Like, are you saying Ron Paul supported NDAA?

Uh.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8bbuMQLlqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CISPA?

http://rt.com/usa/news/ron-paul-cispa-internet-729/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you mean he might have missed a vote?

Post by Like »

Fiannan wrote:Like, are you saying Ron Paul supported NDAA?

Uh.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8bbuMQLlqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CISPA?

http://rt.com/usa/news/ron-paul-cispa-internet-729/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you mean he might have missed a vote?

All I am saying he did not vote against them...I heard why he missed the CISPA vote, he was running for president for pete's sake :ymdevil: but I have not heard the excuse for not voting against NDAA.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Fiji is looking better and better! ;) maybe even Canada??

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Nullification?

http://www.connorboyack.com/blog/obamac ... l-what-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

DrJones wrote:Fiji is looking better and better! ;) maybe even Canada??
As one of my sons served a mission in Fiji...um..dictator and socialized medicine...you'd just be going from bad to worse (with a good view, lots of rain and BIG bugs)

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

Fiannan wrote: Yes, Dirty Harry Reid is as responsible for this as Obama.

However, this may help Romney get elected as people see the only way out of this is to vote for Romney.
And it was based off a legislation that Romney introduced in MA... no?

-- Geoff

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

Cabin in the country... that's what I'm shooting for. Close enough I can get to a store and have a neighbor at least a mile away, but far enough that I'm not in the middle of everything. Just me, my kids, small garden, and the animals.

Great picture Juliette!

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

DrJones wrote:Fiji is looking better and better! ;) maybe even Canada??
Both Fiji and Canada, as well as Australia have national health schemes. I'm happy with ours prices are low service from the doctor of your choice. It has it's problems sometimes a long wait for elective surgeries but on the whole not a bad system here. Everyone pays and everyone from the prime minister to the poorest aboriginal Australian has the same coverage. If you want extras like private rooms in hospital, etc you can buy extra coverage. We have an active insurance market for that.