The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Amonhi
captain of 1,000

The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure

Post by Amonhi »

I wanted to create this thread to discuss the mode and manner by which we can expect to gain our Calling and Election made sure, the Fastest way I know to get the blessing for yourself and the criteria you must meet to receive the blessing.

I expect that anyone who has studied the subject as theories regarding how it happens which might include secret temple ceremonies, introductions to Christ and the like. But, I would like to bring this down to earth and show you what I learned after receiving the promise for myself. Kind of a hindsight view of what really matters.

I will submit myself to be crucified as it were, for the benefit of those who who might gain the blessing for themselves through my sacrifice. (Nothing eternally lost, just pearls before swine, lol)

Studying and knowing about the doctrine of Calling & Election is like knowing and studying about the doctrine of baptism. Baptism requires very little information prior to accepting the ordinance. So much so is the case that an eight year old child is capable of receiving the ordinance and may yet spend much of its adult life studying and pondering the implications, meaning and experience of the ordinance. Such is the case with many of the ordinances in the church. And, such is the case with Calling & Election. We, (My wife and I), knew less about the topic than many of you do now when we first received it 11 years ago. And we know people who are well studied experts on the topic, (so they think), who have still not received it. Clearly knowledge about the topic has little bearing on whether we receive and accept the ordinance. So making it a gospel hobby is not a great use of anyone’s time.

I would like to first express the most important information that I have regarding this topic.

The Fastest Way to get the Promise for Yourself:
It is so simple that nobody thinks of it, (You don't even have to wash in the river 7 times). However, we know many people who have received it this way… Here is how…

Set a date for when you will ask for it.
Prepare as you wish, (fast, study, pray for the spirit and angels to attend, put your name on the temple prayer roll, etc. even consider asking others to fast and pray for you).
On the date specified, in sincere prayer, open your heart completely to God. Trust in His judgment completely knowing that he is your Judge and not You.
Ask God the following questions:
1. Have I made my calling & Election sure? – Wait for a response if you get a negative response, then ask…
2. May I have your promise, right now, that I will receive Exaltation & eternal Life? – Wait for a response…
3. And only if you get a negative response ask the following…Who do I need to “become” to be worthy of the promise? – Wait for a response…

That’s it. (The Words are not that important, just guidelines...)

Few people ask for it in a way that they can receive the sealing promise or ratifying witness of the Holy Ghost. They ask for worthiness expecting that they aren’t but will some day be. When the Holy Ghost, which is the testifier and Holy Spirit of Promise, testifies to you that you have the promise, then you’ve got it. He CAN NOT lie!
If you are still unsure, or want a reconfirmation, ask again as many times as you need.

The point of the questions is this...

Question 1: Clarification...
You may already have received the promise via a previous revelation and yet not have recognized it. I have come across this with 2 people who had received the promise but not recognized it because they were looking for the Prophet to call them to the temple. In fact, my wife received the promise a week before we received it together and she didn't recognize it. (I guess 3 people.) When we received the promise ourselves we couldn't believe it and had to study up on what just happened before we could fully embrace it. This first question is to ask if you already received it but didn't recognize it at the time. If you get a favorable response to this question, you don't need to ask further.

Question 2: Clarification...
You may not have already received the promise, but you might not have received the promise ONLY because you didn't ask for it...(You know, Ask and ye shall receive...) This is where you are asking for it now. Can I have your promise now? If you get a favorable response to this question, you don't need to ask further.

Question 3: Clarification...
In the event that you did not get a favorable response to the previous 2 questions, this question is because you don't presently qualify and you are asking for a personalized plan that you can follow to become qualified. My missionary friend who received his promise while on his mission asked this question during the evening around 7:00pm and had his promise and was visited by Christ before the night was over at about 1:00am.

Disclaimer: Results may vary. LOL

Let the discussion begin with that introduction...
Last edited by Amonhi on May 2nd, 2012, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Re: The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure

Post by Steve Clark »

Amonhi wrote:I wanted to create this thread to discuss the mode and manner by which we can expect to gain our Calling and Election made sure, the Fastest way I know to get the blessing for yourself and the criteria you must meet to receive the blessing.

I expect that anyone who has studied the subject as theories regarding how it happens which might include secret temple ceremonies, introductions to Christ and the like. But, I would like to bring this down to earth and show you what I learned after receiving the promise for myself. Kind of a hindsight view of what really matters.

I will submit myself to be crucified as it were, for the benefit of those who who might gain the blessing for themselves through my sacrifice. (Nothing eternally lost, just pearls before swine, lol)

Studying and knowing about the doctrine of Calling & Election is like knowing and studying about the doctrine of baptism. Baptism requires very little information prior to accepting the ordinance. So much so is the case that an eight year old child is capable of receiving the ordinance and may yet spend much of its adult life studying and pondering the implications, meaning and experience of the ordinance. Such is the case with many of the ordinances in the church. And, such is the case with Calling & Election. We, (My wife and I), knew less about the topic than many of you do now when we first received it 11 years ago. And we know people who are well studied experts on the topic, (so they think), who have still not received it. Clearly knowledge about the topic has little bearing on whether we receive and accept the ordinance. So making it a gospel hobby is not a great use of anyone’s time.

I would like to first express the most important information that I have regarding this topic.

The Fastest Way to get the Promise for Yourself:
It is so simple that nobody thinks of it, (You don't even have to wash in the river 7 times). However, we know many people who have received it this way… Here is how…

Set a date for when you will ask for it.
Prepare as you wish, (fast, study, pray for the spirit and angels to attend, put your name on the temple prayer roll, etc. even consider asking others to fast and pray for you).
On the date specified, in sincere prayer, open your heart completely to God. Trust in His judgment completely knowing that he is your Judge and not You.
Ask God the following questions:
1. Have I made my calling & Election sure? – Wait for a response if you get a negative response, then ask…
2. May I have your promise, right now, that I will receive Exaltation & eternal Life? – Wait for a response…
3. And only if you get a negative response ask the following…Who do I need to “become” to be worthy of the promise? – Wait for a response…

That’s it. (The Words are not that important, just guidelines...)

Few people ask for it in a way that they can receive the sealing promise or ratifying witness of the Holy Ghost. They ask for worthiness expecting that they aren’t but will some day be. When the Holy Ghost, which is the testifier and Holy Spirit of Promise, testifies to you that you have the promise, then you’ve got it. He CAN NOT lie!
If you are still unsure, or want a reconfirmation, ask again as many times as you need.

Let the discussion begin with that introduction...
Amonhi,

Thank you for posting this. From an early(ish) age I have declared that my only life-long goal is to obtain a promise of exaltation from the Lord. Unfortunately in so doing I have sort of determined that it was going to be a life-long endeavor that would only be obtainable after I had proven myself in every regard. I appreciate you sharing your experience and helping me understand better that God wants to bestow this promise on His children. Hopefully I may be able to realize this blessing sooner than later.

Grateful for the pearls,
Steve

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

"Then I would exhort you to go on and continue to call upon God until you make your calling and election sure for yourselves; by obtaining this more sure word of prophecy, and wait patiently for the promise until you obtain it." --Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 299.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

Really REPENT?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Amonhi wrote:3. And only if you get a negative response ask the following…Who do I need to “become” to be worthy of the promise? – Wait for a response…
D&C 93:1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who [1]forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and [2]calleth on my name, and [3]obeyeth my voice, and [4]keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;

Emphases added.

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

Amonhi, thanks for the post. This was of great concern to me and as I felt as one4freedom did I did not agressively seek my savior to know for myself. So thank you for reawakening for me and helping me to remember that I can see that blessing now and not after mortality. What a sweet thing to know and work towards.

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

I received some PMs with questions that I wanted to answer publicly but which the requester wanted to remain anonymous. Here are the questions and answers.
anonymous wrote:I struggle with finding the balance between God's grace and my earning a blessing. I know ultimately we can't earn anything, but we must qualify. So, for example, if I were to do what you suggest in this post and ask the Lord if I have my C&E, without really doing anything other than to "prepare" to ask, if I felt that I have indeed made my calling & election sure, how or when did I qualify...in another life?
You might think of it like this... I want to live in heaven. In order for heaven to be heaven for me, I need to make sure that the environment around me is pleasant, friendly, peaceful, free, etc. So, if I let others into my heaven, I have to make sure they are not going to destroy my peace/heaven. They aren't going to make me a slave and they won't abuse me.

Before you can come to my heaven, you must "become" nice. You have to learn how to play well with the other residents of heaven. I have to make sure I am still in heaven after You come in. And I have to make sure that YOU are still in heaven after I come in.

This means that you must learn how to resolve conflict, interact and disagree in a pleasant and peaceful way. It means that you need to learn how to have freedom without taking freedom. Agency is HUGE, and your agency had better NOT trample on the agency of others. These are the things to focus on. It isn’t about what you do or did, it is about who you are, how you interact with others. Are you love.

The nice thing is that you don’t have to have become the ultimate example of perfection. You only need to have gained a portion of the glory of the Celestial kingdom. If you have gained even a portion, you will eventually gain the fullness.
They who are of a celestial spirit shall receive the same body which was a natural body; even ye shall receive your bodies, and your glory shall be that glory by which your bodies are quickened.
Ye who are quickened by a portion of the celestial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness.
And they who are quickened by a portion of the terrestrial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness.
And also they who are quickened by a portion of the telestial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness. - D&C 88:28-31
So, your work is to become a heavenly being. God's grace can't do that for you. No death or sacrifice can make you nice to be around. On the other hand, you have been so mean to host and others party guests and caused them so much misery that you don't deserve to come to the party. But God's grace is such that we can be invited to the party even though we were mean to the host and other party guests. (This was a very simplified expression not to be correct to the Nth degree, just to get the general idea across.)
anonymous wrote:Is there something more involved in this ordinace other than the holy ghost telling you you have it?
Nope. The Holy Ghost can’t lie. Just like getting any other testimony or revelation, you get a witness from God. I will provide some examples given in general conference of people receiving the promise, detailing exactly how they got it, where they were, who was there, etc.

As a side note: If you need it to be more difficult before you trust yourself, then it can be. We largely set our own criteria for the testing and trial we need to experience prior to receiving this promise. God already knows you and what you will do. Any additional testing is for our benefit to test ourselves. One man I know went through terrible trials and risked loosing his family to do what God had commanded of him. His name was dragged through the mud and he lost years of respect earned as a 3 time bishop. Never did anything wrong, but was judged as if he had. Years later the details of the events came out through natural consequences and he was proven to be prophetic and innocent, but the damage had been done. Anyway, that’s what it took for him to know that he was committed at all costs. As soon as he knew for himself that he would do what was right at all costs, he got the promise. God already knew, but he didn’t know for himself and had to prove it to himself before he could accept the promise. It is much easier just to let God be the judge and accept his call for what it is.
anonymous wrote:If the answer to the first question was negative, why do you suggest we ask essentailly the same question again?
I added some clarification to my initial post explaining what the questions mean. I think that covers it.
anonymous wrote:If it is this simple, how do you know that you are communing with the hosts of Heaven, and how do you know you are speaking with another member of the church of the firstborn? How can someone just simply ask and HAVE this when they have not entertained angels, and do not even know if they have been BF&HG?
Here is a secret. Members of the Church of the Firstborn can be active and they can be inactive and everywhere in between. Unfortunately you don’t magically get all the answers when you receive the promise. You enter a new phase of learning. Answers come more quickly and if you seek it you can learn how to recognize and speak with angels. I know some who have their C&E and yet don’t commune with the general assembly. There is a learning curve that all starts with the Holy Ghost. It is the key to everything. There are 2 books that are worth reading which answer some of these questions:

- The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ – Making Your Calling and Election sure – by Elliaison
- The Unspeakable Gift of the Holy Ghost – by Elliaison

The first goes through in detail how we go from new members to receiving our calling and election made sure and the second covers various topics about the Holy Ghost one of the chapters talks about how we speak with angels via the Holy Ghost (Tongue of Angels). These books are not presently available to the public and I am petitioning Elliaison to make available some copies to some who already requested them. If you are interested, please PM me.

That being said, Speaking with angels is not a prerequisite to receiving the promise. Although without knowing it you will have already been visited and ministered to by unseen angels, but you might not have recognized them and because you didn’t recognize them, you were not able to interact with them, so it was a one-way communication.

The BF&HG part is a requirement as you can’t receive the promise except you have it sealed by the HG as the testifying witness, just as with all truth. Essentially, C&E is a revelation. It is revealed to you. Revelation always comes with the witness of the HG. This is essential. That is why learning to recognize, believe and accept the witness of the spirit is vital.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

sbsion wrote:Really REPENT?
Ja... that comes to mind :) :YMPRAY: O:-)

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Thank you for your time & effort in compiling this, Amonhi

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

HeirofNumenor wrote:Thank you for your time & effort in compiling this, Amonhi
Your welcome.

I promised some examples... I am going to quote from the book, "The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ - Making Your Calling and Election Sure" - by Elliaison
Elliaison wrote:We have heard many of these theories. Most set requirements which are impossible to achieve in this life, or the next. When we consider the ramifications of the blessing we may determine that we are not and could never be qualified to receive it. We also determine that it is impossible for anyone we know to receive it. (We are very judgmental creatures.)

Satan has propagated such ideas in an attempt to prevent good people from obtaining these blessings. When people disqualify themselves, even God’s promise will not give them the blessing because they refuse it.

The solution is to trust in God and the Holy Ghost that speaks for God. If the promise comes to you, do not deny it, but rather embrace it. Remember, It is a mockery of God to believe that we know better than Him when we are worthy. God knows what requirements we need to meet. If God finds us worthy by giving the promise, then we should not argue.

It is only for us to follow the spirit and learn by His hand until He gives us the promise. There are many who have received the promise and did not recognize it because it did not come in the way they expected. One such woman was told multiple times for weeks before she understood and recognized the promise. This brings us to the Mode and Method of receiving the promise. I have met many who have been given the promise but could not accept it. They could not believe or comprehend that they had just received their Calling and Election made sure. So, they didn’t, but only because they did not know they had. And, the blessing is of no use if the person doesn’t know they have it or if they refuse to accept it.

There is much speculation on the topic regarding how it really happens. Some such scenarios require that this blessing can only be received from the hand of the prophet in the temple, in the room known as “the Holy of Holies”. Often times, as people discuss the ordinance, they speculate that the prophet introduces Christ to people who are ready. We would not presume to say that this blessing will NOT happen this way, as it is God who ultimately decides how and where this gift is given. What we will say is that in the majority of such sweet instances, these assumptions are far from accurate.

This brings us to the Grand Key upon which we will receive our Calling and Election made sure, that key is the Holy Ghost. We must first learn to recognize and rely on the Holy Ghost, realizing that the Holy Ghost is the messenger of truth and as God, the Holy Ghost CAN NOT lie. Once we realize this, and we learn from and follow its direction, we will begin to recognize that this spirit will make various promises. When the Holy Ghost promises a thing, it is called the “Witness of the Holy Spirit of Promise” or the “Holy Spirit of Promise”. Because this spirit cannot lie, its promises are certain and sealed in heaven and approved by God. When this witness bears record to your soul that your place in heaven is sure, then you have received the promise of God that you have already met the criteria needed and will be exalted.

Sometimes, when this promise is given, some people will look at their own faults and judge themselves as unworthy of such a promise. They suppose they know better than God and so they set the requirements for this gift and blessing beyond their own reach. They refuse to be perfected in and through Christ and unknowingly they have rejected the atonement as they attempt to earn perfection by their own merits and works. This is an issue of Faith in God and a lack of their ability to trust or recognize his Spirit’s still small voice.

Perhaps rather than dissecting the experience and thus taking away from the majesty and wonder that comes with it, I will provide examples which plainly answer in their simplicity all these questions. Once we understand how it happens we can begin to see this blessing being received by many throughout the scriptures and around us.

Rather than using our own words to provide the examples, we refer to the words of President Marion G. Romney, who said:
“As I read the sacred records, I find recorded experiences of men in all dispensations who have had this more sure anchor to their souls, this peace in their hearts.

Lehi’s grandson Enos so hungered after righteousness that he cried unto the Lord until “there came a voice unto [him], saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.” (Enos 1:5.) Years later Enos revealed the nature of this promised blessing when he wrote:
“I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father.” (Enos 1:27.)
To Alma the Lord said,
“Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life.” (Mosiah 26:20.)
To His twelve Nephite disciples, the Master said:
“What is it that ye desire of me, after that I am gone to the Father?
“And they all spake, save it were three, saying: We desire that after we have lived unto the age of man, that our ministry, wherein thou hast called us, may have an end, that we may speedily come unto thee in thy kingdom.
“And he said unto them: Blessed are ye because ye desired this thing of me; therefore, after that ye are seventy and two years old ye shall come unto me in my kingdom; and with me ye shall find rest.” (3 Ne. 28:1–3.)
As Moroni labored in solitude abridging the Jaredite record, he received from the Lord this comforting assurance:
“Thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.” (Ether 12:37.)
Paul, in his second epistle to Timothy, wrote:
“I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
“Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day.” (2 Tim. 4:6–8.)
In this dispensation many have received like assurances. In the spring of 1839, while the Prophet Joseph and his associates were languishing in Liberty Jail, Heber C. Kimball, our president’s grandfather, labored against great odds caring for the Saints and striving to free the brethren who were in jail. On the sixth of April he wrote:
“My family having been gone about two months, during which time I heard nothing from them; our brethren being in prison; death and destruction following us everywhere we went; I felt very sorrowful and lonely. The following words came to mind, and the Spirit said unto me, ‘write,’ which I did by taking a piece of paper and writing on my knee as follows: …
“Verily I say unto my servant Heber, thou art my son, in whom I am well pleased; for thou art careful to hearken to my words, and not transgress my law, nor rebel against my servant Joseph Smith, for thou hast a respect to the words of mine anointed, even from the least to the greatest of them; therefore” —listen to this— “thy name is written in heaven, no more to be blotted out for ever.” (Orson F. Whitney, Life of Heber C. Kimball, Bookcraft, 1975, p. 241; italics added.)
To the Prophet Joseph Smith the Lord said:
“I am the Lord thy God, and will be with thee even unto the end of the world, and through all eternity; for verily I seal upon you your exaltation, and prepare a throne for you in the kingdom of my Father, with Abraham your father.” (D&C 132:49; italics added.)
Now my beloved brethren, by way of summary and conclusion, I bear witness to the verity of these great truths. I know that the Spirit of Christ enlighteneth “every man that cometh into the world; and [that] the Spirit enlighteneth every man through the world, that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit.” (D&C 84:46.)
I know that everyone who, following the whisperings of the Spirit, develops faith, is baptized, and receives the Holy Ghost through the laying on of hands by those having authority, may, by compliance with the teachings of the gospel, receive the gifts and the power of the Holy Ghost.

And I bear further witness that every such person who, having come this far, will follow the Prophet’s admonition to “continue to humble himself before God, hungering and thirsting after righteousness, and living by every word of God” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 150), may obtain the more sure word of prophecy.” - Marion G. Romney, “The Light of Christ,” Ensign, May 1977, 43.
Each person has a different experience. The words are never the same, but the meanings are very clear. The places and situations vary wildly. President Romney selected these particular examples because none of these examples received the promise in the Temple, or by the hand of a man or even the Prophet.

He was speaking to the entire church in general conference.

These specific examples were selected because the majority of the membership will receive the blessing in the same way as these examples. They will receive it alone in the quite moments from directly from God through his still small voice known as the Holy Spirit of Promise. They will recognize it because they have built on the rock and have learned to know and trust the Holy Ghost as the voice of God, (D&C 64:3-4).

Christ did not appear to most of them at that instance, though he would certainly appear personally at some later time. There is in all these experiences only one thing in common. That is that the spirit witnessed thereby personally sealing the promise of exaltation to the soul of the person as a witness from God.

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

Someone asked me in a PM the following question:
anonymous wrote: Why did you decide to take this approach on an internet forum if you have experienced these things for yourself?
I will quote from Elliaison's Introduction, then answer the question for myself:
The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ - Section of the Introduction wrote: Do people really receive these blessings and talk about it?

YES! There are a significant number of members who have received these blessings. It is true that these people are not often open about their experiences while talking to large groups. For example, you will very rarely hear someone in a testimony meeting or talk that they have met the Christ. However, it is often said in shrouded words. Those who have “ears to hear” have heard. This is often the way that we have heard experienced shared in General Conferences. It is often said simply that a person “knows from personal experience” that Christ lives. True knowledge comes as a person meets the savior personally. This is explained well in Ether 3 after the Brother of Jared had seen the Lord himself.

“And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting.
Wherefore, having this perfect knowledge of God, he could not be kept from within the veil; therefore he saw Jesus; and he did minister unto him.” - Ether 3:4-20

Although there are some occasions in which individuals have been told not to share there experiences, these are not the norm. Just as sharing your testimony of Jesus Christ only encourages faith and is required in missionary work, so to witnessing your personal experiences of Jesus Christ, angels, miracles and other blessings promotes faith and encourages others to rise up to greater plateaus. This is a major reason we read the scriptures. We are reading the experiences of others so we can learn with them and thereby rise up to also claim all the blessings of the righteous.

When we share our personal experiences by the power of the Holy Ghost, in the right circumstances with the right people, such witnesses become very powerful opportunities to encourage others to experience the same. And as the world prepares for the millennium, more individuals will receive the same blessings until it becomes as common as baptism is today. Just as people today wish to share there sacred conversions stories with others, a day will come when people will be able to safely share these sacred experiences without ridicule.

Why would anyone be ridiculed for sharing their uplifting personal testimony and experiences?

Satanic forces have continued to attempt to prevent such information from being shared, taught and becoming accepted by the mainstream. These efforts aim to prevent the critical mass that will bring the coming millennium. As a result, a lie has been created and propagated which is summarized in the following statement:

“If anyone tells you they have seen the Savior or had their calling and election made sure or any other such blessing, you can know they are lying because no one would share such sacred things and they are told not to share them.”

This lie is particularly potent as it accomplishes 2 things.

1. It shuts the mouth of those who have had theses experiences so they do not share - The half truth presented in this lie is that these are sacred things and very personal. As such we have no desire to cast such pearls before the swine of the world. On the other hand, many of us have a strong desire and often even a commandment to share our witness and experiences for the benefit of others. This lie thereby causes others to condemn and ridicule those who would share and so it shuts the mouth of those who have experienced first hand and are thereby are qualified to assist others in accomplishing the same. This only benefits the dark forces who desire to keep such information contained.

2. It shuts the ears of the listeners who would have benefited – In many instances, those who have had such experiences take courage from the example of Joseph Smith and others who in the face of such threatening opposition still shared his own personal experiences. In the event that the lie does not achieve it’s primary goal by shutting the mouths of the witnesses, it turns to those listening and attempts to shut their ears. This is accomplished easily as those who accept this lie automatically discredit anyone who makes such claims without any further examination or consideration.

As a testament to the effectiveness of this lie, you only have to consider how much the general membership has heard or understands about the subjects discussed in this book. This is amazing when we consider the many scriptures and talks that address these subjects.

Other lies that have been propagated focus on your unworthiness to experience the same for yourself. Remember that anything that does not encourage you achieve your potential is not of God. Because God is not a respecter of persons, every blessing God has to give is available to you.
My wife & I commanded to share our experience with our family. The results of which were that 5 members of our families have received their C&E. We were later ordained to bring as many as will come to the Church of the Firstborn. This is our current calling. And the greatest arrow in my quiver is my own knowledge, testimony and experience. It would be a fools errand to not use my own witness, testimony and experience.

I expect some will mock, some will be confused and some will be touched by the spirit and hear the call for themselves. I surrender myself and my experiences as an offering for the benefit of those who will hear the spirit and answer the call. I know they are here, and I know they have heard.

I do not profess to be infallible and I do not encourage others to believe what I say. I do encourage others to believe the Holy Ghost and if He tells them something is true then I suggest they believe that.

Thank you for asking.
Amonhi

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

Amonhi wrote:My wife & I commanded to share our experience with our family. The results of which were that 5 members of our families have received their C&E. We were later ordained to bring as many as will come to the Church of the Firstborn. This is our current calling. And the greatest arrow in my quiver is my own knowledge, testimony and experience. It would be a fools errand to not use my own witness, testimony and experience.

I expect some will mock, some will be confused and some will be touched by the spirit and hear the call for themselves. I surrender myself and my experiences as an offering for the benefit of those who will hear the spirit and answer the call. I know they are here, and I know they have heard.

I do not profess to be infallible and I do not encourage others to believe what I say. I do encourage others to believe the Holy Ghost and if He tells them something is true then I suggest they believe that.

Thank you for asking.
Amonhi
Amonhi, if you were ordained to bring as many as will come to the church of the firstborn, does this make you one of the 144,000? And does this mean that you were ordained by the hands of an angel? When someone does come to the church of the firstborn, is the "ordiance" to do so receiving their C&E? Is there ever a physical ordinance, or is it always 'spiritual' in this church?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I'll let Amonhi clarify, but he did say that the calling of the 144,000 was to bring people to the church of the Firstborn. Which is NOT to say that everyone that has that calling is among the 144,000. We have a bad habit of saying if every A is B, then every B is also A. Non sequitor.

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

Original_Intent wrote:I'll let Amonhi clarify, but he did say that the calling of the 144,000 was to bring people to the church of the Firstborn. Which is NOT to say that everyone that has that calling is among the 144,000. We have a bad habit of saying if every A is B, then every B is also A. Non sequitor.
That is a very valid point. Thanks.
reese wrote:Amonhi, if you were ordained to bring as many as will come to the church of the firstborn, does this make you one of the 144,000?
Yes, for he time being. It isn't as glamours as it sounds. More like serving a mission. Everyone thinks the missionaries are some type of super human, but then you become one and your still a Joe and people curse you and you do your best.
reese wrote:And does this mean that you were ordained by the hands of an angel?
Yep, but not so much with hands. Hands aren't needed in the spiritual church. It was more like Nephi in Helaman 10.
reese wrote:When someone does come to the church of the firstborn, is the "ordiance" to do so receiving their C&E? Is there ever a physical ordinance, or is it always 'spiritual' in this church?
C&E is the first ordinance in the church of the firstborn. It is spiritual.

It is possible to receive a physical ordinance which could range from someone giving someone else a blessing or a full on ceremony, but these are still at best signposts and not the actual ordinance.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

When the Lord has THOROUGHLY PROVED HIM, and finds that the man is determined to SERVE HIM AT ALL HAZARDS, then the man will find his calling and his election made sure, then it will be his privilege to receive the other Comforter, which the Lord hath promised the Saints, as is recorded in the testimony of St. John, in the 14th chapter, from the 12th to the 27th verses. (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith)

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Why do I not feel a good spirit when I read about this?

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Rand wrote:Why do I not feel a good spirit when I read about this?
I wouldn't worry about it. Most 'Mormons' don't feel good about the things that Joseph Smith taught... :-s

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

LukeAir2008 wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it. Most 'Mormons' don't feel good about the things that Joseph Smith taught... :-s
Not your post, the whole topic. There is no spirit in to it to me. Feels... lame. I liked your post.
Last edited by Rand on May 7th, 2012, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raindrop
captain of 100

Post by Raindrop »

Amonhi wrote:
reese wrote:Amonhi, if you were ordained to bring as many as will come to the church of the firstborn, does this make you one of the 144,000?
Yes, for he time being. It isn't as glamours as it sounds.
Have you and/or your wife then been translated?

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

That's interesting... I'm feeling a very good spirit reading all of this :-\[/quote]

Same here, Jules. I feel a very good spirit reading this post. Amonhi, thank you for sharing your simple, humble testimony.

I suppose I would be worried if the OP were trying to call attention to himself or create a following. Instead he is telling us to trust the Holy Ghost and have the Holy Ghost lead us to Christ. It makes sense to me!

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Now I think I understand why Utah is the fraud capitol of the world.

katmr
captain of 100

Post by katmr »

Very good link on this subject: Please read.

For some reason it seems you need to actually type the address into the address bar because to just click on the link it doesn't seem to work. If anyone would take the time to read this, I would be interested in hearing others thoughts in comparing what is written in this link compared to what Amonhi has shared. Thank you.

http://emp.byui-edu/marrottr/CallElectSurJSBRMc.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ATL Wake
captain of 100

Post by ATL Wake »

Fear. Doubt.

What he has said is constant with with scripture and what prophets have said about C&E.

If you fear or doubt this is true, the less likely you are to seek it. Not seeking it is easier than seeking it.

So experiment. Prove this counsel. This will lead to 2 forks with 3 outcomes.

1) If you have confidence in your relationship with the Lord to answer your prayer you can ask God if you can have this promise. If you do not have confidence in your relationship with the Lord and your ability to recognize the Spirit, then work on that first.

2) Once you have confidence in your relationship with the Lord to answer your prayer (and your ability to recognize the Spirit) you can find out if you can have the promise of eternal life. (James 1:5) If the answer is not yet, then do as he suggests and ask what must you do in order to receive it.

So if you experiment you will either 1) work your ability to communicate with God and receive personal revelation, 2) find out what is holding you back in your progression, or 3) receive the promise of Eternal life. All of these things are better than the status quo it seems to me. And it seems Satan would love to instill fear and doubt to keep you from trying.

So try it out. What is the downside?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

ATL, I think that is good advice. I have gotten nothing but good feeling from reading the discussions on C&E and the Church of the FirstBorn. Not sure that I agree 100%, but I do feel the discussion is in a good direction and helpful. I certainly don't see how you could be led into forbidden paths by seeking your C&E or at the very least working on a more personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.

There are questions, though. Decades ago, I had an experience where I was repenting, and one night I had the most clear and distinct dream of meeting and embracing the Savior, and Him saying "Thy sins are forgiven." I was on my knees, embracing Him, and the sense of both joy and pure love there are not words to do it justice. The memory of that has remained with me throughout my life. I told my bishop about it, and he teared up, told me that I was an amazing person, and gave me a bear hug.

So the thing is, that was a pretty powerful experience, which I have never shared with anyone other than that bishop. Yet it never occurred to me that I had my Calling and Election Made Sure, in fact, I am pretty confident in saying that was not what happened. And I thought the point of the "more sure word of prophecy" was that it would leave no question in the mind of the recipient that he was assured of exaltation.

So, although I am not afraid to try this experiment, and like I said I get positive feelings about the discussion in general and think it will lead to good things - I guess I expected something a little more literal and - I hate to say it, but "profound". But maybe I am just one of those people that are making it harder than it is.

sonofliberty
captain of 100

Post by sonofliberty »

ATL Wake wrote:
Fear. Doubt.

What he has said is constant with with scripture and what prophets have said about C&E.

If you fear or doubt this is true, the less likely you are to seek it. Not seeking it is easier than seeking it.

So experiment. Prove this counsel. This will lead to 2 forks with 3 outcomes.

1) If you have confidence in your relationship with the Lord to answer your prayer you can ask God if you can have this promise. If you do not have confidence in your relationship with the Lord and your ability to recognize the Spirit, then work on that first.

2) Once you have confidence in your relationship with the Lord to answer your prayer (and your ability to recognize the Spirit) you can find out if you can have the promise of eternal life. (James 1:5) If the answer is not yet, then do as he suggests and ask what must you do in order to receive it.

So if you experiment you will either 1) work your ability to communicate with God and receive personal revelation, 2) find out what is holding you back in your progression, or 3) receive the promise of Eternal life. All of these things are better than the status quo it seems to me. And it seems Satan would love to instill fear and doubt to keep you from trying.

So try it out. What is the downside?
+1 ATL Wake. Although I do not agree 100% with everything Amonhi has explained in the various threads on the topics of C&E and Church of the First Born (not saying he is wrong, just isn't my understanding of it all) I see nothing wrong with encouraging others to seek making their C&E sure and appreciate his willingness to share. Likewise, I do not see how following the three steps set forth by Amonhi will do anything but strengthen your relationship with the Lord if done with sincere intent.