Ron Paul is in it for money?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
djinwa
captain of 100

Ron Paul is in it for money?

Post by djinwa »

So I read that Ron Paul is in it for the money. Granted, money can come from writing books that people want to buy. It’s called the free market. Do we discredit church leaders who happen to have a lot of money?

But if money was his primary motivation, seems there would be easier ways to get it. Why not become a lobbyist and make easy millions? Oh, wait, he doesn’t play that game.

And by the way, does this look like a guy into money? Couldn’t he spend some of his millions to get his tractor fixed up and painted? Couldn’t he get a new tractor? (I have the same model from 1973). Does he really need to be planting potatoes with his grandkids? Couldn't he spend some money on a better wardrobe? Surely he seeks money so he can project a wonderful image!

Spence
captain of 1,000

Re: Ron Paul is in it for money?

Post by Spence »

Those shoes are pretty nice Almost $15 at the local K-Mart. Probably more like $12.

Shimdidly
captain of 100

Post by Shimdidly »

Ron Paul is the least politician-like out of all of them. He's just an ordinary guy doing extraordinary things.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

I don't think any candidate will be POTUS with no compensation. Who in their right mind would even consider Mitt doing it for $30,000 to $50,000 per year?

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

I don't see anyone going into politics for the money. There are much easier ways to make money and politics is a crazy life to live. It takes a certain person to enter politics. I know someone who holds political office at a state level and he was just born to be in politics.

All the digging into your life, your family history, your cousin who's in jail, your brother who had an affair 40 years ago, your childrens grades and party habits in college, do you eat pink slim meat, questioning childhood friends, and a boat load of other things. You couldn't pay me a billion dollars to have to deal with that crap.

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

djinwa wrote:So I read that Ron Paul is in it for the money. Granted, money can come from writing books that people want to buy. It’s called the free market.

Ron Paul is definately not in it for the money. He has plenty of that so it's not his motivation. He's passionate about what he believes and I say kudos to him. At his age God bless him I hope I'm that vibrate when I reach that age. Passion can drive people to forge forward even when the majority disagrees. He truly believes what he's saying so money is definately not a motivation.

All these politians have plenty of money.

natasha
captain of 1,000

Post by natasha »

freedomfighter wrote:I don't think any candidate will be POTUS with no compensation. Who in their right mind would even consider Mitt doing it for $30,000 to $50,000 per year?
Why not? He didn't take a salary as governor of Massachusetts.

Nan
captain of 1,000

Post by Nan »

Even I don't think Ron Paul is in it for the money. Gingrich heck, yeah, he is in for the money. But not Ron Paul.

Andrew Jackson
captain of 10

Post by Andrew Jackson »

We can hypothesize about it all day.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Andrew Jackson wrote:We can hypothesize about it all day.

Even better. We can hypothesize about it all day.. backed with really wonderful examples.

Andrew Jackson
captain of 10

Post by Andrew Jackson »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:

Even better. We can hypothesize about it all day.. backed with really wonderful examples.
Are the examples the real deal or just marketing efforts? I see a lot of harassment from either side towards each other in the RP vs. MR. You can say a lot of good things about either of them whether its related to family, church service, etc.

How do you deceive the very elect?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Andrew Jackson wrote:
InfoWarrior82 wrote:

Are the examples the real deal or just marketing efforts? I see a lot of harassment from either side towards each other in the RP vs. MR. You can say a lot of good things about either of them whether its related to family, church service, etc.

If you're saying that Ron Paul is some kind of evil mastermind gadianton robber who has the extreme patience to go his entire life pretending to be such a good guy (with a record to prove it), then consider me deceived!

Andrew Jackson
captain of 10

Post by Andrew Jackson »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:
Andrew Jackson wrote:Are the examples the real deal or just marketing efforts? I see a lot of harassment from either side towards each other in the RP vs. MR. You can say a lot of good things about either of them whether its related to family, church service, etc.

If you're saying that Ron Paul is some kind of evil mastermind gadianton robber who has the extreme patience to go his entire life pretending to be such a good guy (with a record to prove it), then consider me deceived!
Appears to be that way. Or as shadow has stated, he is very naive. Something to be said for the craftiness of men. Plenty of well meaning people in the CFR. Also for the "useful idiots".

Or I'm out in left field. Just as much a possibility.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

natasha wrote:
freedomfighter wrote:I don't think any candidate will be POTUS with no compensation. Who in their right mind would even consider Mitt doing it for $30,000 to $50,000 per year?
You are the best Natasha! :D Way to stop that argument!

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:
Andrew Jackson wrote:Are the examples the real deal or just marketing efforts? I see a lot of harassment from either side towards each other in the RP vs. MR. You can say a lot of good things about either of them whether its related to family, church service, etc.

:)) Amen IW! :ymapplause:

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

natasha wrote:
Here, chew on these reports a while: http://massresistance.org/romney/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;