LDS Cannery Employees Raid Federal Agency!

Discuss political news items / current events.
Ben McClintock
captain of 100

LDS Cannery Employees Raid Federal Agency!

Post by Ben McClintock »

http://www.mormonchronicle.com/lds-cann ... al-agency/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

must read!

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: LDS Cannery Employees Raid Federal Agency!

Post by creator »

WOW, amazing reporting skills! I love it. Interesting turn of events.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Great find Ben! Nazi, Germany, here we come. X( :(

blondenblueeyed
captain of 100

Post by blondenblueeyed »

Have you heard about the new church building being built downtown Salt Lake City right next to the Conference Center. This new building will house all the
rumors and lies being spread for gain and profit. :-ss Our time can be better spent on TRUTH and spreading the gospel and being of service than the conspiracy
story of 'federal agents' storming the Tennessee LDS cannery. It DIDN'T happen!

Ben McClintock
captain of 100

Post by Ben McClintock »

blondenblueeyed wrote:Have you heard about the new church building being built downtown Salt Lake City right next to the Conference Center. This new building will house all the
rumors and lies being spread for gain and profit. :-ss Our time can be better spent on TRUTH and spreading the gospel and being of service than the conspiracy
story of 'federal agents' storming the Tennessee LDS cannery. It DIDN'T happen!
Did you read the article?

blondenblueeyed
captain of 100

Yes and I also spoke to a friend in Tennesse who is involved with the cannery. There was no raid. Oathkeepers did not do their job and published the story
based on ONE person who retracted his statement. Oathkeepers were left with 'egg on their face'. This "STORY" was not researched nor verified. It was a case
of poor judgement and lack of responsibility to report the truth on the part of the Oathkeepers. There are several websites and LOTS of folks who have created
a sizeable income from conspiracy theories, panic from rumors and lies. AWOW happens to be one of them in my opinion. I would hope people will not believe
all they see and hear. The sky is not falling in and there is so much more we can accomplish when we avoid the 'stories'!

Ben McClintock
captain of 100

Post by Ben McClintock »

blondenblueeyed wrote:Yes and I also spoke to a friend in Tennesse who is involved with the cannery. There was no raid. Oathkeepers did not do their job and published the story
based on ONE person who retracted his statement. Oathkeepers were left with 'egg on their face'. This "STORY" was not researched nor verified. It was a case
of poor judgement and lack of responsibility to report the truth on the part of the Oathkeepers. There are several websites and LOTS of folks who have created
a sizeable income from conspiracy theories, panic from rumors and lies. AWOW happens to be one of them in my opinion. I would hope people will not believe
all they see and hear. The sky is not falling in and there is so much more we can accomplish when we avoid the 'stories'!
so you didn't read the article I linked to above? It seems that you are doing what you have accused others of by making comments based on what you think the link is about, not what it IS about.

Teancum-Old
captain of 100

Post by Teancum-Old »

This issue has been settled by the Church itself, officially referred to as "rumors":

http://newsroom.lds.org/article/church- ... ewsroom%29

Thanks to mirkwood for posting here: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 20&t=20390

Ben McClintock
captain of 100

Post by Ben McClintock »

since it appears people are assuming the content of the article without even reading it, and aren't even paying attention to the name of the article, here is the first paragraph of Brian M' s article. I hope you will read the rest of it
Or, wait, was it “Federal Agents Raid LDS Cannery!“? Actually, I’m not going to perpetuate the recent viral story that’s been making the rounds online and via email. The alleged “raid” on a Tennessee LDS (Mormon) Food Cannery, in which Federal agents demanded their customer list, might not actually have happened, but maybe it did. The story hasn’t been officially verified and the original informant cited by the Oath Keepers website, where the story was originally published, has now recanted his story.
http://www.mormonchronicle.com/lds-cann ... al-agency/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Ben McClintock wrote:
blondenblueeyed wrote:Yes and I also spoke to a friend in Tennesse who is involved with the cannery. There was no raid. Oathkeepers did not do their job and published the story
so you didn't read the article I linked to above? It seems that you are doing what you have accused others of by making comments based on what you think the link is about, not what it IS about.

This is SOP for bnbe - often posts based on a thread title and makes assumptions about what is actually written or what is linked to. And then hilariously derides others for "not doing their homework." 8-|

blondenblueeyed
captain of 100

YES...for the second time I READ the article. And yes for the second time I will repeat what seems to have flown over your heads.....ZOOM.
Oathkeepers should have NEVER posted that on their website in the first place. In my opinon their credibility is questionable if they don't
check out their sources FIRST not after the barn door is closed and the horse is loose. Perhaps the old saying [Trust but Verify [/b]should
be Verify FIRST then you can TRUST. Oathkeepers did not do that hence the 'egg' on their face.

Another point I made, there are far too many prophets of DOOM running around screaming
the sky is falling, the sky is falling
all the
while lining their pockets with money. In my opinion scaring the public with falsehoods, rumor, conspiracy theories by TV and radio talk show hosts,
authors, and so-called survivalist experts who pander their books and videos is reprehensible. The fact of the matter, the Lord is in CHARGE and He wins. There is too much to accomplish to be wasted on soap opera stories, rumors and conspiracy theories. All this might make for good halloween ghost stories but the truth is far more important. Making a living off the FEAR of others somehow doesn't seem right especially since that type of FEAR is of the devil.

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

blondenblueeyed wrote:YES...for the second time I READ the article. And yes for the second time I will repeat what seems to have flown over your heads.....ZOOM.
Oathkeepers should have NEVER posted that on their website in the first place. In my opinon their credibility is questionable if they don't
check out their sources FIRST not after the barn door is closed and the horse is loose. Perhaps the old saying [Trust but Verify [/b]should
be Verify FIRST then you can TRUST. Oathkeepers did not do that hence the 'egg' on their face.

Another point I made, there are far too many prophets of DOOM running around screaming
the sky is falling, the sky is falling
all the
while lining their pockets with money. In my opinion scaring the public with falsehoods, rumor, conspiracy theories by TV and radio talk show hosts,
authors, and so-called survivalist experts who pander their books and videos is reprehensible. The fact of the matter, the Lord is in CHARGE and He wins. There is too much to accomplish to be wasted on soap opera stories, rumors and conspiracy theories. All this might make for good halloween ghost stories but the truth is far more important. Making a living off the FEAR of others somehow doesn't seem right especially since that type of FEAR is of the devil.
Please tell us who the prophets of doom are.

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

blondenblueeyed wrote:YES...for the second time I READ the article. Which One? And yes for the second time I will repeat what seems to have flown over your heads.....ZOOM.
This thread is about a different and even better article than the one written by the Oathkeepers. :ymparty:

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Here is the problem line I see with the article written by Brian:
Considering the corruption of the federal government and the reality of secret combinations, I wouldn’t be surprised if the story of federal agents demanding the LDS Cannery customer list is true. Far worse has been done on behalf of the United States government, on several occassions, including the murdering of millions of innocents.
Now does anyone see the concern here? If the cannery story already had been debunked by the church why turn around and foster the rumor further?

There are plenty of things that really happen and can be verified when it comes to govt cover-ups and conspiracy that people can sink their teeth into without trying to perpetuate discredited stories used by some for sensationalism to work people up in fear.

This will only further get more people to pooh pooh conspiracy talk even when it has legitimacy if these kinds of rumors are perpetuated even after they have been debunked. That is not a good way to expose the truth of what is really going on.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Thanks to Stella Solaris, here's the best, and most thorough treatment I have seen yet on the subject, and all its various angles and contortions:

http://preparednesspro.com/everything-y ... ery-story/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LDSNZ
captain of 100

Um

Post by LDSNZ »

Teancum wrote:This issue has been settled by the Church itself, officially referred to as "rumors"
The Church link you posted says:
About

This blog is managed and written by staff of the Public Affairs Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The information here ...... should not necessarily be viewed as official statements from the Church. The purpose of this blog is to provide journalists, bloggers, and the public with additional context and information regarding public issues involving the Church. For official news releases and statements from the Church, visit Newsroom.lds.org.
So for me unless the statement actually comes from the First Presidency, the matter as far as I'm concerned isn't settled!