Donna Lyons is better than Sarah Menet!!!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Rass922
captain of 100

Donna Lyons is better than Sarah Menet!!!

Post by Rass922 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEq7krD3mMg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She spoke of what happened in Japan BEFORE it happened! This video was posted on Feb. 20. The Japan quake was March 11. From 1:15 to 1:21 she states, "Soon Japan will see flooding and earthquakes. He said the ocean will rise high!" This is only a portion of the things she talks about in regards to what is coming.

flooding and earthquakes in japan?

she said it on 20th of feb 2011?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKoDu6H5 ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Donna Lyons is better than Sarah Menet!!!

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

Hello and welcome!

To the point though, God only has one seer at a time. He's the only one I will look to or follow. If she receives revelation it may well be from God, but only for those under her stewardship. Interesting though.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

SM&P,

While I agree with what you say regarding the prophet, and I also agree that this woman and Sarah Monett, right as their predictions may be, should not be given undue attention. However, your post did send my mind down a tangent (sorry not intending to derail the thread) but I did just finish the B of M about a week ago and this section from 3rd Nephi 26 came to mind:
14And it came to pass that he did teach and minister unto the children of the multitude of whom hath been spoken, and he did loose their tongues, and they did speak unto their fathers great and marvelous things, even greater than he had revealed unto the people; and he loosed their tongues that they could utter.

15And it came to pass that after he had ascended into heaven—the second time that he showed himself unto them, and had gone unto the Father, after having healed all their sick, and their lame, and opened the eyes of their blind and unstopped the ears of the deaf, and even had done all manner of cures among them, and raised a man from the bdead, and had shown forth his power unto them, and had ascended unto the Father—

16Behold, it came to pass on the morrow that the multitude gathered themselves together, and they both saw and heard these children; yea, even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things; and the things which they did utter were forbidden that there should not any man write them.
So this is the thing that perplexes me: Christ was right there - why didn't He just tell the people (as He obviously was the authority present), and more to the point, why did He open the mouths of babies and children to speak unto their fathers, even greater than what Jesus Himself had taught? Who was under the "stewardship" of these children (obviously nobody). Also we are taught in other scripture (at least I believe we are, I couldn't find the reference) but I believe we are told that in the last days babies and children will speak marvelous things - again obviously no stewardship...so does that mean these things should be disregarded because "God's house is a house of order, and we will only ever get revelation thru the priesthood channels and thru lines of stewardship." I would say obviously not, God does not tell us these things in advance, nor did He nor will He give things to children to speak without a purpose.

So I guess my question to you, or anyone that cares to answer - how does this square with the position that we should only pay attention to those who have priesthood stewardship?

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Actually I disagree that children have no stewardship. No authority perhaps, but certainly a stewardship. When of age they even acquire authority to a certain extant above all others inherent in the duties of deacons and teachers.

It is not given that my child have a stewardship over any, but not all stewardships have inherent authority.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?local ... 94610aRCRD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://lds.org/ensign/1972/04/the-five- ... tewardship" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That the children were given the revelation defines stewardship. They were stewards of that which was given unto them for the benefit of those belonging to them.

dewajack
captain of 100

Post by dewajack »

To think that God only has one seer at a time is ridiculous. I thought we consider at least 15 men to be seers, right?

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

And the devil has a lot more than we do. We are warned that there will be false prophets in the last days. Just because someone might be right about an advent does not make them a Prophet of the Lord. They can just as easily be a false prophet with powers from the devil. Just an FYI.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

To think that God only has one seer at a time is ridiculous. I thought we consider at least 15 men to be seers, right?
A seer is defined by those authorized by God to look into the tools established for that purpose, but they have to look one at a time ;) there have been far more prophets than seers as "a seer is greater than a prophet." True that we currently sustain 15 men as seers, and I would add ONLY those 15 men. That however leaves zero room to consider ANY others as seers. All others are guessers, prognosticators, or at best receive revelation within a very limited stewardship.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

deleted

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

DrJones wrote:deleted
Ah, you're no fun. I would love to have read your post. Sometimes discretion is the better part of wisdom. :)

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Rass922 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEq7krD3mMg

She spoke of what happened in Japan BEFORE it happened! This video was posted on Feb. 20. The Japan quake was March 11. From 1:15 to 1:21 she states, "Soon Japan will see flooding and earthquakes. He said the ocean will rise high!" This is only a portion of the things she talks about in regards to what is coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKoDu6H5 ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Her ramblings in the video seem like a list anyone with a brain and knowledge of last day events could've rambled off. Do we look at the one thing she got right and give it selective importance? Lots of her predictions will come true because she is essentially quoting last days prophecies, and since Japan has Earthquakes all the time, it's easy to predict as much and be right. She lucked out on the proximity to the date of the Earthquake, but her mention of Japan was just buried in there among a long list with no particular sequencing to make it a prediction of THAT earthquake vs. any other. Bad Gambling Analogy: If I cover the entire roulette table with chips, I'm going to be right on a few things, but I'll still lose the game.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

mattctr wrote:
Rass922 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEq7krD3mMg

Her ramblings in the video seem like a list anyone with a brain and knowledge of last day events could've rambled off. Do we look at the one thing she got right and give it selective importance? Lots of her predictions will come true because she is essentially quoting last days prophecies, and since Japan has Earthquakes all the time, it's easy to predict as much and be right. She lucked out on the proximity to the date of the Earthquake, but her mention of Japan was just buried in there among a long list with no particular sequencing to make it a prediction of THAT earthquake vs. any other. Bad Gambling Analogy: If I cover the entire roulette table with chips, I'm going to be right on a few things, but I'll still lose the game.
:-BD

loveoneanother
captain of 50

Post by loveoneanother »

That's your opinion rass666, oops I mean rass922. I didn't know that Sarah was in competition with anyone..... :-o

Rass922
captain of 100

Post by Rass922 »

She must better!

Impending Catastrophes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghj4Asyn ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Four Horsemen Pt. 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sB6BsJz ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

bathsheeba wrote:That's your opinion rass666, oops I mean rass922. I didn't know that Sarah was in competition with anyone..... :-o
Sarah Menet's "predictions" never came to pass. She put dates with her predictions which is a big no-no for false prophets. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) her dates came and went without the promised disasters #-o

Has this other lady predicted anything other than say there would be a Japan earthquake that came to pass? She mentioned the shuttle would explode because of a gas leak. The shuttle endeavour is set to launch it's final mission on the 29th of this month (I wish I could make it to Florida to watch it B-) ). We'll see if it explodes :-ss :-w

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

Rand wrote:
Ah, you're no fun. I would love to have read your post. Sometimes discretion is the better part of wisdom. :)

agreed, hence, I don't post "some stuff"..... :)) :(( =))

loveoneanother
captain of 50

Post by loveoneanother »

shadow wrote:
bathsheeba wrote:That's your opinion rass666, oops I mean rass922. I didn't know that Sarah was in competition with anyone..... :-o
Sarah Menet's "predictions" never came to pass. She put dates with her predictions which is a big no-no for false prophets. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) her dates came and went without the promised disasters #-o

Has this other lady predicted anything other than say there would be a Japan earthquake that came to pass? She mentioned the shuttle would explode because of a gas leak. The shuttle endeavour is set to launch it's final mission on the 29th of this month (I wish I could make it to Florida to watch it B-) ). We'll see if it explodes :-ss :-w
I know of only one date in 2012 Sarah is saying something about, the rest have been general projections, months, years etc....to each his own. But, she is right on about everything......she has always said that the things she sees now and has seen previously in her NDE ran together, but that she can tell of the season of the events usually. Think what you will it won't change the truth.

waking
captain of 100

Post by waking »

Has anyone read "I stand all amazed" by Elane Durham? I think her NDE is more accurate than this "prophecy". Especially since Japan is falling apart. Have you seen the liquifaction? It's crazy. The on video that Rass 922 posted under "Japan going to sink?" fits right with her NDE...it's a long video, but the map of the US that he shows about half way through of the US with water all the way to Utah fits with her NDE. Interesting to say the least.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

bathsheeba wrote:
shadow wrote:

I know of only one date in 2012 Sarah is saying something about, the rest have been general projections, months, years etc....to each his own. But, she is right on about everything......she has always said that the things she sees now and has seen previously in her NDE ran together, but that she can tell of the season of the events usually. Think what you will it won't change the truth.
Actually back in 2007 she gave specific "predictions" about the following year (2008) that never came to pass. She predicted that it would be too late to get your food storage because of MAJOR food shortages in early 2009. I think I ate at Chuck-a-rama a few times that year and wasn't disappointed in the selection, just sayin... Think what you will but many of her words have already gone down in history as false. She also pretended to have authority to promise special blessings to those who obeyed HER interpretation of the W.O.W. which included eating no meat whatsoever. So no, she is NOT right on about everything #-o

loveoneanother
captain of 50

Post by loveoneanother »

last one for me on this subject....behold:

US meat and poultry widely contaminated with bacteria including superbugs
by S. L. Baker, features writer

(NaturalNews) How would you like a big, juicy burger loaded with onions, mustard, ketchup -- and a big helping of drug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), a bacteria linked to a wide range of human diseases?

If you find that dish stomach-churning instead of appetizing, then maybe you should think twice before eating not only meat but chicken and turkey, too, at least in the U.S.

According to a nationwide study just released by the Flagstaff, Arizona-based Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen), meat and poultry from U.S. grocery stores have an unexpectedly high rate of dangerous disease-causing bacteria, including antibiotic resistant superbugs. In fact, almost half (47 percent) of all meat and poultry samples tests were contaminated with S. aureus.

What's more, 52 percent of these contaminated meats contained superbugs, meaning the bacteria were resistant to multiple classes of antibiotics.That adds up to multi-antibiotic resistant Staph germs being present in about one out of every 4 samples of meat, chicken or turkey.

"For the first time, we know how much of our meat and poultry is contaminated with antibiotic-resistant Staph, and it is substantial," Lance B. Price, Ph.D., senior author of the study and Director of TGen's Center for Food Microbiology and Environmental Health, said in a statement to the media.

The research, published today in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases, is the first national investigation of antibiotic resistant S. aureus in the U.S. food supply. The scientists collected and analyzed 136 samples of beef, chicken, pork and turkey sold under 80 brands in 26 retail grocery stores in Los Angeles, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Flagstaff and Washington, D.C.

So where does this downright nauseating contamination come from? The TGen researchers reported that DNA testing shows the food the animals themselves were fed is likely the major source of contamination.

"The fact that drug-resistant S. aureus was so prevalent, and likely came from the food animals themselves, is troubling, and demands attention to how antibiotics are used in food-animal production today," Dr. Price added.

The dirty truth many Americans -- especially meat eaters -- don't want to face is that conditions on so-called industrial farms are not only often inhumane but downright sickening. Animals raised for slaughter are packed together densely and steadily fed low doses of antibiotics in their food. The new report concludes these industrial farms are the ideal breeding grounds for drug-resistant bacteria that can move from animals to the human population.

"The emergence of antibiotic-resistant bacteria -- including Staph -- remains a major challenge in clinical medicine," Paul S. Keim, Ph.D., Director of TGen's Pathogen Genomics Division and Director of the Center for Microbial Genetics and Genomics at Northern Arizona University (NAU), emphasized in a media statement.

"This study shows that much of our meat and poultry is contaminated with multidrug-resistant Staph. Now we need to determine what this means in terms of risk to the consumer," Dr. Keim, a co-author of the paper, added.

But doesn't the U.S. government routinely survey retail meat and poultry for drug-resistant bacteria? The study points out the feds only check for four types of superbugs -- but S. aureus is not among them. The paper urges a more comprehensive inspection program and points out S. aureus can cause devastating health problems.

While it's true Staph germs can usually be killed with proper cooking, the scientists pointed out Staph still poses a substantial health risk through improper food handling and cross-contamination in the kitchen. Infections with S. aureus can cause a range of illnesses from minor skin infections to life-threatening diseases, such as pneumonia, endocarditis (inflammation of the heart) and sepsis (infection in the bloodstream).

And should you get one of these antibiotic-resistant strains from meat or poultry, treatment can be difficult.

"Antibiotics are the most important drugs that we have to treat Staph infections; but when Staph are resistant to three, four, five or even nine different antibiotics --like we saw in this study -- that leaves physicians few options," Dr. Price stated.

For more information:
http://www.tgen.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Waking, I am reading "I Stand All Amazed" by Elane Durham now. I really don't know what to think about it. There's so much detail and so much that she learned during her NDE that I wonder about it. Do you think she really experienced all of that? Or has her imagination run amok? I'll finish reading the book, but I have my skeptic hat on.

waking
captain of 100

Post by waking »

Kathryn...I don't know....It's been over a year since I read it.Which parts are you thinking is her imagination? I'll have to skim back over the book again. I do remember reading some things I had never heard (as far as gospel teachings) before, but also feeling amazed at other things she saw and said. Have you read Dr. Ritche's , "Return from tomorrow" ? I felt the spirit so strongly reading his NDE, that it's hard to compare others to, because they don't hold a candle to the love of the Savior you feel when reading his account. Anyway, Dr. Ritche wrote the foreword, or something to this (Durham's book), so I give her the benefit of the doubt. So, let me know what gives you pause, and I'll try to locate my copy and skim over it again.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

sbsion wrote:
Rand wrote:

agreed, hence, I don't post "some stuff"..... :)) :(( =))
Yeah, probably the stuff I's like the most. :-B

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

NDE seem to be a big thing now. I personally do not have a good feeling about them. I have heard of so many that are completely false doctrines. Ones where people see gay people married for all eternity, all kinds of false doctrines those are from members. Then when you go to the NDE's that are not members they get even weirder and more false. I do not trust them nor feel there is much to gain from them at all. Why are we attracted to them? I think it is because we want to have some more assurance that there is an after life and have a better idea what it is and also to try to get a peek into the future from someone willing to share what they have "seen".

I feel we already have been told enough to have a very good idea what it is and would be like within just our Doctrines and teachings and Scriptures of our Church. I rather gather my ideas of how things are from sources that I trust then sources of people that do not have keys.

To many false Prophets are coming forth from the NDE's. We have true Prophets that are warning us, I do not feel we need to scavenge through the many false NDE's visions nor those of other claiming have visions, to to try to find a nugget of truth out there. If we really have a question about the future we should just ask the Lord to reveal it to us. Live worthy of the gift of revelation and have the Lord be the one to show us, and not have to listen to another that may be a false prophet. Regarding our own revelations they must be inline with the Prophet and the Doctrines of the Church or they are false also.

Just my thoughts...

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

kathyn wrote:Waking, I am reading "I Stand All Amazed" by Elane Durham now. I really don't know what to think about it. There's so much detail and so much that she learned during her NDE that I wonder about it. Do you think she really experienced all of that? Or has her imagination run amok? I'll finish reading the book, but I have my skeptic hat on.
NDE Books I've read:

Embraced by the Light
Stand All Amazed
In His Arms
My Peace I Give Unto You
90 Minutes in Heaven
There is No Death
Beyond Death's Door
My Descent into Death
Return From Tomorrow
This Birth Called Death
Beyond The Darkness
Glimpses of Eternity
I Saw Heaven: A Remarkable Visit to the Spirit World
There Is No Death: The Extraordinary True Experience
Life Everlasting: A Definitive Study of Life After Death
Echoes from Eternity: Near-Death Experiences Examined
The Message
My Walk through Heaven
They Saw Beyond Death
We Came From Heaven
A Soul's Remembrance

and so many more...

The reason for my interest in NDE studies is that I'm curious on how the whole Gospel Missionary Plan/Program will go on in the Spirit World.

I think it's ok to read these types of books to gain perspective but to NOT idolize the authors. Sadly some authors come back w spiritual gifts and use them for monetary gain, this is wrong and a form priest craft.

We need to remember that there are 6 Billion people on the earth now, and that perhaps 20 Billion have lived on it before us, therefore, for all we know the Spirit World is much LARGER than we can comprehend and our spirits arrive in different sectors, or districts thru different portals based on our individual performances here.

That said, in our finite minds here, we cannot quantify on what is going on over there, most NDE survivors only remember a small portion as not to hinder their agency here upon returning.

So...I'm not quick to dismiss non NDEs. As many people on earth swore 5 years ago they would never accept the Gospel but then do 5 years later here on earth, this type on spiritual progression is going on in the hereafter as well.

I do believe some spirits right now are being taught false precepts such as reincarnation or gay unions and although decent souls haven't prayed while yet in the Spirit Word as to the veracity of these teachings, realizing perhaps, sooner or later that their "saintly friends and families" are leaving and progressing forward because they're converting to this "Gospel of Jesus Christ thing" that was 'similar to what those Mormons' used to teach back on earth. At that time, when they choose to divorce themselves of earth bound pride and false teachings and approach us, we will then teach them as they will finally be teachable and we will do so lovingly.

njb
Last edited by notjamesbond003.5 on April 19th, 2011, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

Post by Mahonri »