Conservatives against the war!!!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
latterdayconservative
Hi, I'm new.

Conservatives against the war!!!

Post by latterdayconservative »

If people only knew. I am a conservative, a true Constitutionalist, and I stand with W. Cleon Skousen and many other true constitutionalists; standing for freedom, for the Constitution, and for peace. Standing for that which is right before God.

I am appalled that people, especially Latter-day Saints, would assume that if you are against the war you must be a liberal. Any right thinking American should stand up for peace and be against our government being a world police, and a force of terror. We are supposed to be a beacon of freedom, not terror... In Iraq we have created terrorists not stopped them.

As President Benson explained, a true patriot is not one who ignorantly supports the War in Iraq, he said:
“When I review the performance of this people...I am appalled and frightened...We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel—ships, planes, missiles, fortifications—and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become antienemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan’s counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior’s teaching:

"Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven." (Matt. 5:44–45.)
Let us be a people of peace as President Hinckley has also stated, quoting from the scriptures:
“renounce war and proclaim peace” (D&C 98:16).
So, let us not be pro-Iraq-war, let us be pro-kingdom of God and stop perverting the Savior's teachings.

79scholar
captain of 100

Post by 79scholar »

It's like I said to my family and my family shares my feelings:

Love the troops, hate the war.

creator
(of the Forum)

freedom

Post by creator »

Love the troops, hate the war.
Exactly! I am very thankful for anyone that is willing to die for what he/she thinks is defending freedom.

I too would offer myself for the defense of my country, however, I believe that a defensive war is one which is fought on our own land against invaders... if an enemy comes to America to attack us on our land - I will be in full support of that war. Just as I support defending our border today. It wouldn't be a bad idea to pull all troops out of foreign countries and put them on our borders.

sbenard
captain of 100

Post by sbenard »

I love that quote by Pres. Benson. Can you tell me where I cant find it? What is the reference? I think I've read it before, but would like to have a reference so I can use it and give it to other people in the Ward, etc.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel—ships, planes, missiles, fortifications—and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become antienemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan’s counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior’s teaching:

"Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven." (Matt. 5:44–45.) (First Presidency Message - Spencer W. Kimball, “The False Gods We Worship,” Ensign, June 1976, 3)

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/mo ... ticleid=72

and

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/mo ... icleid=160