Events-BofM & Constitution, Freedom to Facism, Int'l Ban

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
John Adams
captain of 1,000

Events-BofM & Constitution, Freedom to Facism, Int'l Ban

Post by John Adams »

I had the opportunity to attend the three evening events this past weekend.
1. Hans Andersen's discussion on the Book of Mormon & Constitution
2. The movie showing - America--Freedom to Facism
3. Ken Bower's presentation of Financial Arm of Secret Combinations

They were all excellent and reinforced many of the things I've been thinking about and that we've been discussing.

But I come away with the same feeling that's been bothering me lately and that is--what do we do with the information?

Brother Andersen even mentioned in his talk that the "warning" period relating to the Secret Combinations/Communism/etc. kind of ended with President McKay in 1970.

I still end up thinking that I still should be using most of my brain power at this point to "get out of debt & get food storage."

I really do enjoy discussing the Constitution, Secret Combinations, etc. with everyone here, but still wonder other than "awakening us to our awful situation" and giving us that extra motivation to better get our houses in order, what else should we be doing with the knowledge?

Shoemaker
captain of 100

Post by Shoemaker »

Well I think we should be actively engaged in exposing these secret combinations by getting the word out--be a missionary. I'm composing a letter to the editor of our local paper right now about the nexus between 9/11 and Operation Northwoods.
http://news.yahoo.com/newstmpl=story&u= ... eb434292_2

We could give out to anybody and everybody the web address to Alex Jones latest documentary called Terror Storm. I just gave this address to my brother last night and said "check it out" It's FREE at:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7566726569

I own my own business and I leave literature out on the tables for customers to read and sometimes I have a placard that says: FREE FOR THE TAKING. Not every on takes one or reads them but enough do to encourage me to repeat it again.

How's this for starters? Just think what we could really do if we got creative!

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

I can relate to the feelings. I have concluded that the prophet has not stated that the comandments related to Secret combinations in the BofM no longer apply. Is the BofM for our day or just JosephSmiths day? Or just until Mckays days?

Shoemaker
captain of 100

Post by Shoemaker »

Shoemaker wrote:Well I think we should be actively engaged in exposing these secret combinations by getting the word out--be a missionary. I'm composing a letter to the editor of our local paper right now about the nexus between 9/11 and Operation Northwoods.
Opps, I gave the wrong web-site address, the right one is:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... eb434292_2

sbenard
captain of 100

Post by sbenard »

I wasn't able to attend Ken's presentation SAturday. I'm curious: was he the only speaker on the program?

79scholar
captain of 100

Post by 79scholar »

Shoemaker wrote:Well I think we should be actively engaged in exposing these secret combinations by getting the word out--be a missionary.
Joseph Smith agrees.
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/123/7-15#7

John Adams
captain of 1,000

Post by John Adams »

sbenard wrote:I wasn't able to attend Ken's presentation SAturday. I'm curious: was he the only speaker on the program?
Yes, Ken was the only speaker Saturday evening - although there were some other lectures, events, presentations, booths, etc. Thursday & Friday evening & Saturday during the day.

John Adams
captain of 1,000

Post by John Adams »

79scholar wrote:
Shoemaker wrote:Well I think we should be actively engaged in exposing these secret combinations by getting the word out--be a missionary.
Joseph Smith agrees.
Great reminder.

sbenard
captain of 100

Post by sbenard »

jdadams22 wrote:
79scholar wrote:
Joseph Smith agrees.
Great reminder.
I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusions, guys, but this verse of scripture was taken out of context. It relates ONLY to the persecutions that the Saints suffered in the early days of the Church. Applying it to secret combinations in OUR day is really stretching its applicability, I believe.

sbenard
captain of 100

Post by sbenard »

Before anyone gets too excited or skeptical about the legitimacy of the income tax, make sure you read Elder Oaks' remarks about tax laws in this speech at the Freedom Festival:

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/mo ... icleid=110

I must admit it completely change my ideas about the Income Tax laws. Elder Oaks, in essence, after a thorough examination of the legal and other arguements in favor of the premises in the "Freedom to Fascism" movie, he says that their is no foundation for the Tax REvolt movement, and uses quotes from Church publications to back it. He also makes it clear that no one can be a Church member in good standing without paying the required taxes. He says it much better than I. Read his talk.

79scholar
captain of 100

Post by 79scholar »

The principle that we should "render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's" doesn't say anything about whether Caesar is an extortioner.

The tax laws may still be completely corrupt (and IMO they are founded upon such), but such would not exempt us from our duty to be honest citizens.

creator
(of the Forum)

principles first

Post by creator »

I really do enjoy discussing the Constitution, Secret Combinations, etc. with everyone here, but still wonder other than "awakening us to our awful situation" and giving us that extra motivation to better get our houses in order, what else should we be doing with the knowledge?
What to do?

Cleon Skousen said we should educate others. I agree.

What else?

"And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" - we should apply this to 3 aspects in life:

economic freedom
political freedom
religious freedom

If we understand the principles of religion, principles of prosperity, and principles of proper government our lives will be much better. We will be happier and truly free, regardless of the world around us. There might not be much we can do, individually, about changing the direction of the whole world, but imagine how great our joy shall be if we convert just one soul to the god-given principles of truth.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

D&C 78:14 "independant above all other creatures.." The same applies to us. Our freedom like in the revolution came/comes from our independance. As a people we must fortify first the family, and then the neighborhood, and then the community, and then the state,...

This comes from fielding or being righteous candidates. From building up our families and wards. The program is established and oft preached. We don't have spare time in fullfilling what we are asked to do. Home teaching, service, education.

It may fall outside, but not here, we will bear it up. We will throw down tyranny amongst ourselves beginning with ourselves and working outward.

Swmorgan77
captain of 100

Post by Swmorgan77 »

Shoemaker wrote:Well I think we should be actively engaged in exposing these secret combinations by getting the word out--be a missionary. I'm composing a letter to the editor of our local paper right now about the nexus between 9/11 and Operation Northwoods.

We could give out to anybody and everybody the web address to Alex Jones latest documentary called Terror Storm. I just gave this address to my brother last night and said "check it out" It's FREE at:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7566726569

I own my own business and I leave literature out on the tables for customers to read and sometimes I have a placard that says: FREE FOR THE TAKING. Not every on takes one or reads them but enough do to encourage me to repeat it again.

How's this for starters? Just think what we could really do if we got creative!
Cool, I would like to help with this. Also I wanted to point out the following event happening tonight:

KSL radio is having their "Let me speak to my governor" event tonight at 6:00. Let's all do what we can to get into that forum and hold our elected officials accountable to the Constitution. I am personally going to get very specific and ask pointed questions about the SPP if I can get through, which is a good topic because a Dept. of Commerce official will be joining the Governor, and that is one of the areas of government where the implementation of the SPP (North American Union) is being carried out.

801-575-8255

We need to get coordinated and active if we are going to save this Constition. I don't even care if you believe the official story of 9/11, as long as you agree that it is not worth destroying the Constition in fear of terrorism.

Swmorgan77
captain of 100

Post by Swmorgan77 »

79scholar wrote:"render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's"
Yes we should, and that does not include our unalienable rights. Those are not Ceazar's, they are ours by virtue of Lord's decree "I gave unto man his agency".

The Constitution, sriptures and prophets are clear.