More trouble with Ensign Peak

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
silverado
captain of 100

More trouble with Ensign Peak

Post by silverado »

The people at Widows Mite Report have discovered more forms EPA didn't do.

There is a quarterly form called a schedule 13g (different than the 13f they already got fined for). The 13g must be filed quarterly when you own 5% or more of a stocks outstanding shares, for any time during the quarter. These are important for market transparency.

The only time EPA filed one was one time when there was a 3rd party involved who knew they had more than 5% in something. Otherwise they never did.

Once, the shell companies added together had more than 5%. Other times, if ownership went over 5%, within a quarter or two, they would get it down to 4.999%, showing they were aware of the law (but choosing not to file the mandatory form).

What other dishonesty are they still hiding?

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Re: More trouble with Ensign Peak

Post by LDS Physician »

Shocker.

Libertas Est Salus
captain of 100

Post by Libertas Est Salus »

Can't have the plebs knowing stuff. Gotta keep 'em payin'

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

silverado wrote: May 24th, 2024, 10:58 am The people at Widows Mite Report have discovered more forms EPA didn't do.

There is a quarterly form called a schedule 13g (different than the 13f they already got fined for). The 13g must be filed quarterly when you own 5% or more of a stocks outstanding shares, for any time during the quarter. These are important for market transparency.

The only time EPA filed one was one time when there was a 3rd party involved who knew they had more than 5% in something. Otherwise they never did.

Once, the shell companies added together had more than 5%. Other times, if ownership went over 5%, within a quarter or two, they would get it down to 4.999%, showing they were aware of the law (but choosing not to file the mandatory form).

Well, remember that David A. Nielsen, the whistleblower alleged that assets would vanish off of the books with no accounting as to where the assets went (see page 12). That's embezzlement or private inurement, as Nielsen's lawyer puts it. Who received those assets? That's what I want to know.

I know it says in the Book of Mormon, quoting Isaiah,
The Lord will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people and the princes thereof; for ye have eaten up the vineyard and the spoil of the poor in your houses. (2 Nephi 13:14)
and
1 Wo unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;
2 To turn away the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless! (2 Nephi 20:1-2)

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

Atrasado wrote: May 24th, 2024, 11:36 am
silverado wrote: May 24th, 2024, 10:58 am The people at Widows Mite Report have discovered more forms EPA didn't do.

Well, remember that David A. Nielsen, the whistleblower alleged that assets would vanish off of the books with no accounting as to where the assets went (see page 12). That's embezzlement or private inurement, as Nielsen's lawyer puts it. Who received those assets? That's what I want to know.

The Lord will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people and the princes thereof; for ye have eaten up the vineyard and the spoil of the poor in your houses. (2 Nephi 13:14)
and
1 Wo unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;
2 To turn away the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless! (2 Nephi 20:1-2)
I would like to know too!

I read David Nielsens report to the Senate about EPAs incorrect fbar filings (complete with photo copies showing them). I doubt he just happened to know about every one of the things that were done wrong.

1. Shell companies and incorrect 13f filings to hide assets.

2. 13gs not filed, probably to not call attention to assets.

3. Incorrect fbar filings making assets appear smaller. Also possibly to avoid taxes.

4. David Nielsens claim that assets would just vanish off the books. Probably easier to steal from hidden assets.

There needs to be a thorough external audit.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

silverado wrote: May 24th, 2024, 2:04 pm
Atrasado wrote: May 24th, 2024, 11:36 am

and
I would like to know too!

I read David Nielsens report to the Senate about EPAs incorrect fbar filings (complete with photo copies showing them). I doubt he just happened to know about every one of the things that were done wrong.

1. Shell companies and incorrect 13f filings to hide assets.

2. 13gs not filed, probably to not call attention to assets.

3. Incorrect fbar filings making assets appear smaller. Also possibly to avoid taxes.

4. David Nielsens claim that assets would just vanish off the books. Probably easier to steal from hidden assets.

There needs to be a thorough external audit.
I don't know what y'all are in a tizzy about.

I hear at every a General Conference:
"Based upon audits performed, Church Auditing is of the opinion that, in all material respects, contributions received, expenditures made, and assets of the Church for the year #### have been recorded and administered in accordance with approved Church budgets, policies, and accounting practices. The Church follows the practices taught to its members of living within a budget, avoiding debt, and saving against a time of need.

Respectfully submitted,

Church Auditing Department

#######

Managing Director
So it's all good! They audited themselves and found everything in order. Why can't you consider the matter closed yet?

😜

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

silverado wrote: May 24th, 2024, 2:04 pmThere needs to be a thorough external audit.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either give them money or don't.

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

creator wrote: May 24th, 2024, 2:29 pm
silverado wrote: May 24th, 2024, 2:04 pmThere needs to be a thorough external audit.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not that simple. What they do can affect others besides tithe payers. People who aren't even members.

And the hypocrisy is annoying.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

silverado wrote: May 24th, 2024, 4:06 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not that simple. What they do can affect others besides tithe payers. People who aren't even members.

And the hypocrisy is annoying.
I am almost ready to go there, because I'm tired of fighting. I just wish they'd be honest about it all so that people could make honest, informed decisions. Of course, that's not going to happen.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

My daughter was learning about active voice and passive voice in homeschool today and it mentioned that William Safire said that the phrase "mistakes were made" is "[a] passive-evasive way of acknowledging error while distancing the speaker from responsibility for it". Ironically it was an LDS online school we use that mentioned it. I imagine it was written before the Ensign Peak debacle.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not that simple. What they do can affect others besides tithe payers. People who aren't even members. And the hypocrisy is annoying.
I get it, but it's just more of the same. TBM's who didn't care about the previous Church finance news won't be phased by this. People who are troubled by these actions by the Church can vote with their money by not giving their money to the Church.

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

creator wrote: May 24th, 2024, 6:11 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not that simple. What they do can affect others besides tithe payers. People who aren't even members. And the hypocrisy is annoying.
I get it, but it's just more of the same. TBM's who didn't care about the previous Church finance news won't be phased by this. People who are troubled by these actions by the Church can vote with their money by not giving their money to the Church.
You are right about TBMs, it wont matter to them. And I have already decided for myself. It is hard to say how much their behavior hurts others or not. A question is what else are they dishonest about that hasn't been caught yet? Something small? Something worse?

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

Post by Arm Chair Quarterback »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you give them money?

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: May 24th, 2024, 10:17 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you give them money?
My impression from reading these threads is that more people don't give tithing to the church than do.

Maybe you should start a new poll thread. :D :D :D :D

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: May 24th, 2024, 10:17 pmDo you give them money?
No.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: May 24th, 2024, 10:17 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you give them money?
No. Not since 2011. Stayed active until covid.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I wonder how many unhappy Mormons will vote "NO" at the next general conference. Time to take a dump or get off the pot.

Mike

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Today's Priesthood holders are a wimpy bunch. The proper reaction when dealing with the clueless Q15 is to give them the finger on the way out or if one wishes to remain then they should raise their arm high at the next conference. Constant muttering and whining will not change a thing but losing 50% of your membership overnight will certainly catch someone's attention.

Are we not men?

Mike

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

MikeMaillet wrote: May 27th, 2024, 9:29 am I wonder how many unhappy Mormons will vote "NO" at the next general conference. Time to take a dump or get off the pot.
Thing is that every time any group of people doesn't sustain at GC, then you can expect some smarmy meme about "Your comments have been noted."

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Niemand wrote: May 27th, 2024, 1:21 pm
MikeMaillet wrote: May 27th, 2024, 9:29 am I wonder how many unhappy Mormons will vote "NO" at the next general conference. Time to take a dump or get off the pot.
Thing is that every time any group of people doesn't sustain at GC, then you can expect some smarmy meme about "Your comments have been noted."
It becomes more difficult to say this when half the congregation is in opposition.

Mike

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

MikeMaillet wrote: May 27th, 2024, 1:25 pm
Niemand wrote: May 27th, 2024, 1:21 pm
It becomes more difficult to say this when half the congregation is in opposition.

Mike
It takes a rebellion to enact a revolution