random thoughts and musings

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Re: random thoughts and musings

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

abijah wrote: May 7th, 2024, 8:36 am
This was one of the main themes through all the sagas of an old anime we loved as kids: Robotech (Macross, Sentinels, Masters, Invid Invasion)

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

🔥

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

abijah wrote: May 13th, 2024, 11:50 pm 🔥
Best comment from the comments section 🤣🤣

"How serious are we actually supposed to take Richard? I mean he doesn't even have a bookshelf behind him when he records"

I really appreciate these guys insights. Man, they really are well spoken too, enough to help you see things in a whole new light. 🙏🙏

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Satan and his minions do not care about this earth as much as people think. Why would he? This earth being temporal. What Satan wants is more followers on the new earth. For example, if the Great and Abdominal Church does exist then he wants it to grow because it will reform on the new earth when we get there.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

abijah wrote: May 18th, 2024, 9:28 am 🤔
Interesting... Wouldn't surprise me at all if it plays out like this.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Michael Sherwin wrote: May 18th, 2024, 9:46 am Satan and his minions do not care about this earth as much as people think. Why would he? This earth being temporal. What Satan wants is more followers on the new earth. For example, if the Great and Abdominal Church does exist then he wants it to grow because it will reform on the new earth when we get there.
i don't think Satan or his minions will be around on the new earth, but rather is the prince of this world, which has an expiration date. I think the devil is concerned with compromising souls, and keeping them from being able to be renewed in Christ and live in that world.

The everlasting burnings that God dwells in is the same burning as the lake of fire. The way we experience the flames depends on how we experience the love of God.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

abijah wrote: May 19th, 2024, 3:11 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: May 18th, 2024, 9:46 am Satan and his minions do not care about this earth as much as people think. Why would he? This earth being temporal. What Satan wants is more followers on the new earth. For example, if the Great and Abdominal Church does exist then he wants it to grow because it will reform on the new earth when we get there.
The everlasting burnings that God dwells in is the same burning as the lake of fire. The way we experience the flames depends on how we experience the love of God.
This causes me to think a little bit 🤔... I like it.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Post by Michael Sherwin »

abijah wrote: May 19th, 2024, 3:11 pm
i don't think Satan or his minions will be around on the new earth, but rather is the prince of this world, which has an expiration date. I think the devil is concerned with compromising souls, and keeping them from being able to be renewed in Christ and live in that world.

The new earth goes through three stages. The stage before the New Jerusalem arrives at the new earth, the stage after the New Jerusalem arrives until the consummation. And eternity after when all things are made new.

22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

The above passage from Revelation indicates that there will be wicked people on the new earth until the consummation. If you have doubts because it reverts back in time to before the new earth then there is.

21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

So this is after the first death and therefore after the first resurrection. But if you are still not convinced.

Isaiah
66:17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating
swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Revelation
22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

And we also see this in Isaiah 66. God tells us what it is going to be like and then he tells us where it is going to be.

66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

But God tells us how we are going to get there.

Isaiah
66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Mankind is resurrected upon the new earth in terrestrial type bodies. The new earth will be like this earth before the flood, except better. The people on the new earth are not yet permanently saved. This is their second life and second chance to get it right, to follow God's commandments and to have a testimony of Christ or to be wicked. Both groups will suffer the second death but the second death has no power over the first group because they will receive new white robes washed in the blood of Christ and the wicked will end up in the lake of fire.

The Antichrist is dead. He lived a long time ago.

Revelation
17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the
(new) earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

When he ascends out of the bottomless pit (of death) will be long after the resurrection upon the new earth. The time of the millennium is the time it takes for the New Jerusalem to travel to the new earth which is moved exceedingly far away (Isa 24:19). And the millennium is not a thousand years. One thousand years is translated from the Latin millennium but the original Greek word can also mean a long indeterminate amount of time. We are not told how long it will take for the New Jerusalem to reach the new earth but when it does.

Revelation
21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Daniel
9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The consummation happens after the New Jerusalem arrives at the new earth. And if you are still not convinced we see those in the lake of fire here. It's partially hidden by symbols but it is not hard to understand.

Isaiah
66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

And this.

Revelation
21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

And both are after the new heavens and new earth.

And if you are still not convinced ...

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Rare Pope W.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

abijah wrote: May 15th, 2024, 2:23 pm Image
I have problems with X-twitter loading so I am having trouble researching this.

Do you know the name of the church pictured and/or the story behind this?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Why? The harvesting of souls has been described anciently as a very real practice. It is the assimilation of a soul into another to make the latter more powerful. I do not perceive that Satan has this ability, but I do believe that Lucifer, indeed, does. It takes millennias of generations to create the type of following that would consent to this. It does require consent, albeit not the type of consent that we would consider as such. The Fall has to proceed to the bottom.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

FrankOne wrote: May 27th, 2024, 7:08 pm

I searched it up, and apparently it's the Russian Armed Forces Cathedral in Moscow. Say what you will about Ortho's, they definitely got style.

Makes sense to have Michael-esque iconography for a military cathedral. Maybe seems weird from a western perspective where we're all caught up in the idea of "separation of Church and State", which definitely isn't scriptural.

The concept that the door of the Church is a portal-gateway to the Eschaton is really profound. It touches on the concept that there's a certain tension, and sometimes overlapping of Time & Space, where consecrated space can contain entire eras of concentrated time.

One interesting aspect is how there are two figures, like the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11, as well as the two angels who go to save Lot before Sodom gets destroyed. Another interesting detail how one has a spear/lance, and the other one has a sword. This coincides with details in the broader David story, where spears and swords (especially Goliath's, who is armed with both) play an interesting thematic role that links David to Michael in certain ways, and in other ways even with the Serpent, bafflingly. Michael is often portrayed slaying the serpent either with a sword or a spear, and Goliath is described in overt serpentine terms. There's a good case to make (I have a long post about this in the works, hopefully I can finish before the end of the year) that there are strong connections/overlaps between Michael, the "Angel of the LORD", the personage of the Holy Ghost, and the Davidic Servant, and they all have to do with the slaying of the serpent at the Eschaton, when the fire-flood (the Earth's Baptism of 🔥) comes as the counterpart to the Flood of Noah (the Earth's Baptism of 💧).

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

abijah wrote: May 27th, 2024, 9:03 pm
FrankOne wrote: May 27th, 2024, 7:08 pm

I searched it up, and apparently it's the Russian Armed Forces Cathedral in Moscow. Say what you will about Ortho's, they definitely got style.

Makes sense to have Michael-esque iconography for a military cathedral. Maybe seems weird from a western perspective where we're all caught up in the idea of "separation of Church and State", which definitely isn't scriptural.

The concept that the door of the Church is a portal-gateway to the Eschaton is really profound. It touches on the concept that there's a certain tension, and sometimes overlapping of Time & Space, where consecrated space can contain entire eras of concentrated time.

One interesting aspect is how there are two figures, like the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11, as well as the two angels who go to save Lot before Sodom gets destroyed. Another interesting detail how one has a spear/lance, and the other one has a sword. This coincides with details in the broader David story, where spears and swords (especially Goliath's, who is armed with both) play an interesting thematic role that links David to Michael in certain ways, and in other ways even with the Serpent, bafflingly. Michael is often portrayed slaying the serpent either with a sword or a spear, and Goliath is described in overt serpentine terms. There's a good case to make (I have a long post about this in the works, hopefully I can finish before the end of the year) that there are strong connections/overlaps between Michael, the "Angel of the LORD", the personage of the Holy Ghost, and the Davidic Servant, and they all have to do with the slaying of the serpent at the Eschaton, when the fire-flood (the Earth's Baptism of 🔥) comes as the counterpart to the Flood of Noah (the Earth's Baptism of 💧).
I find the architecture and art of such places to be magnificent. In this structure, I appreciate that it is a military cathedral based on Michael which is the warrior/protector of righteous soldiers . I have a few symbolic trinkets of the same. Old religious architecture seems to reflect a stark separation between those in power that order the construction and the artists, whom I would call seers and sages that envision and create the art. I find that the artists convey hidden messages in their work.

Until we're out of here, we are here and while we're here, there is purpose. It's difficult to have "one foot out" , but I'm beginning to find balance .

The sword of Michael appears to me as having a meaning and power that is currently unknown to us in the mortal world. There is an idea that miracles occur in a collapse of time.

edit to add:
the shield held by the Angel on the left bears my favorite symbol. The Chi-Rho. *sigh.... mysteries.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Creepy! Artificial human brains grown in labs from human stem cells, emitting brain waves similar to embryonic children, are now being used commercially for their computing power.