What's with the "furries" in Utah schools?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Re: What's with the "furries" in Utah schools?

Post by Seed Starter »

JohnnyL wrote: April 18th, 2024, 12:19 pm
Fred wrote: April 18th, 2024, 12:09 pm
mudflap wrote: April 18th, 2024, 11:28 am

not necessarily....Don't forget, there are at least four outcomes for families:

1. good parents -> good kids (Lehi / Nephi)
2. good parents -> bad kids (Lehi / Laman)
3. bad parents -> good kids (Noah / Limhi)
4. bad parents -> bad kids (Amulon / Amulon's children)

all are represented in our scriptural texts. The best parent in the universe (God) had almost 1/3 of His kids rebel. No matter how hard you try, your kids are going to eventually do their own thing. Or you can just not try at all, and (through luck, apparently) get some pretty good kids. Let's not judge all parents based on the actions of their kids - we actually have no idea whether the parents had anything at all to do with it, good or bad.
I get that good parents can have bad kids. If the kids rebelled against the parents and the school indulged the kids, then it is the parents responsibility to educate or remove the evil school workers. If the parents just let it slide, they are complicit. No parent should ever quit until the evil school worker is either educated, removed, or dead.

When a teacher or principal would give my daughter a hard time, she would ask "Do you want me to call my dad?" They immediately left her alone else they would sh!t their pants.
Yup! I am confident that many problems would have been avoided in the family I grew up in if my parents had been involved at the right times in the right ways. I've tried.

We once had a nice but firm meeting with a teacher who was bullying our child but thought very highly of himself. He kind of went along with it all, but didn't change or apologize, so the principal told him to change, that was it, no other choice (if he wanted to remain).
LOVE IT! When the teacher is wrong they need pushback like this. Since parents and children can't seek damages for educational malpractice parents have no other recourse but to demand problems are resolved as they occur. At a certain point fixing problems becomes more trouble than it's worth. We ended up pulling our kids out a while back.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

just this morning, my daughter was talking about an unruly kid in her 6th grade class. The kid is allowed to disrupt classes all day long, but not this week, because they are doing state testing. No, this week, this highly disruptive kid is taken out of the testing area to a special testing area by himself.

I'm like, "so they don't care about your education, they just care about the testing?" seems backwards.

Anyway, I told her: anytime that kid is bothering you, you need to loudly speak up in class and say, "I can't learn in this environment!" you know, because in the liberal/progressive /elite "bill of rights": "education is a right". I told her that, and she said, 'education is a right'? no, it's not 'a right' - it's a fake right. but stating that your "right to an education" is being tampered with really sends shivers up teacher's spines these days. (unlike tampering with REAL rights - like freedom of speech, the right to self defense, and the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, bodily autonomy, etc, - which the public school commies really don't give a lick about).

I didn't know this kid was so disruptive until now - maybe she didn't notice until he was removed for the testing - but anyway, I'm going to take it from Fred and start documenting it, and be the parent they don't want to answer to. ;)

But normally, it's a good country school without most of the shenanigans that go on in the city schools, so that's why we don't homeschool at this point anymore.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

These kids are possessed.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: April 18th, 2024, 1:16 pm These kids are possessed.
Probably. But what does that say about school administration that allows, protects, promotes it?

Are the parents that support the administration possessed also?

What about all of the members of the school board?

No question that the teachers unions are possessed...

helloitsme
captain of 100

Post by helloitsme »

Jashon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 7:49 am Niemand pointed this out a couple years ago. This is the madness of privileging the abnormal.
"Privileging the abnormal" is the perfect description!

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

helloitsme wrote: April 18th, 2024, 1:56 pm
Jashon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 7:49 am Niemand pointed this out a couple years ago. This is the madness of privileging the abnormal.
Like worshipping satan because he is wrong...

Light Seeker
captain of 100

Post by Light Seeker »

Fred wrote: April 18th, 2024, 2:09 pm
helloitsme wrote: April 18th, 2024, 1:56 pm
Like worshipping satan because he is wrong...
The light bearer or the son of the morning is just misunderstood and has been treated badly. He just wants freedom for all of us that are subjugated. True freedom comes from rebellion ....

Poor devil.

I'm being facetious.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

They should probably be tested for rabies.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Poor kids. High school is hard enough without having to put up with this rubbish. The school leadership is full of bloody idiots.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Fred wrote: April 18th, 2024, 1:23 pm
Probably. But what does that say about school administration that allows, protects, promotes it?

Are the parents that support the administration possessed also?

What about all of the members of the school board?

No question that the teachers unions are possessed...
Without question, the parents are also possessed. Anyone who promotes, supports, or engages in bizarre, perverse, or sexual behavior is possessed.

Korsgaard46
captain of 50

Post by Korsgaard46 »

I grew up in this area and what is crazy is there was a principal at one of the high schools that would kick people out of basketball games if they wouldn’t take off their hats. That’s how far that community and the leadership has gone. From you can’t wear a hat indoors to putting out cat litter for a bunch of degenerates to crap in.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Now that I’ve read all of the articles about this (this walk out/protest is in my local school district no less) the administration and all the news sources are denying it’s happening. Reading all the comments on KSL (here in Utah) many of them are excoriating the denials, with having students with first hand accounts that say otherwise. It’s just like those in high places to sweep it under the rug.

Eric Moutsos a former cop here in Utah and now a social media influencer just sent out a video this morning that was sent to him by a parent showing a kid on hands and knees barking and chasing other students. I have personally seen jr high age kids in my neighborhood walk around in full body costumes. Not sure if they are just dressing the part OR acting the part as well. 🤷🏻‍♀️

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Well...call animal control and whisk the "animals" away...where can receive a mandatory rabies shot and neutered if necessary...

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

A Disciple wrote: April 18th, 2024, 7:06 am
honestseeker12 wrote: April 18th, 2024, 6:56 am What are furries? Are there animals at school or are there kids pretending to be animals?
I'm not sure. I've heard of the insanity of putting litter boxes in classrooms from multiple sources so I assume that is a real thing.
this is actually a fake rumour meant to bait conservatives.

A Disciple
captain of 100

Post by A Disciple »

abijah wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:00 am
honestseeker12 wrote: April 18th, 2024, 6:56 am What are furries? Are there animals at school or are there kids pretending to be animals?
I'm not sure. I've heard of the insanity of putting litter boxes in classrooms from multiple sources so I assume that is a real thing.
The difficulty in making sense of what is real and what is fake is the story of kids feigning to be animals would seem to be fake, but it is real!

THIS .... REALLY ..... HAPPENED

A TV reporting interviewing a kid in a dog costume concerning the Payson "furry" dispute
https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/ ... 7741121691

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

A Disciple wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:20 am

The difficulty in making sense of what is real and what is fake is the story of kids feigning to be animals would seem to be fake, but it is real!

A TV reporting interviewing a kid in a dog costume concerning the Payson "furry" dispute
I think he's specifically referencing the litter box part.

A Disciple
captain of 100

Post by A Disciple »

Cruiserdude wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:25 am
abijah wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:00 am this is actually a fake rumour meant to bait conservatives.

I think he's specifically referencing the litter box part.
Agree. But if you told me kids were going to school dressed as dogs who would believe that? So once we realize one absurdity is real, how does one reason that any absurdity is not real?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

A Disciple wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:37 am
Cruiserdude wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:25 am I think he's specifically referencing the litter box part.
Agree. But if you told me kids were going to school dressed as dogs who would believe that? So once we realize one absurdity is real, how does one reason that any absurdity is not real?

FWIW, our friend's grandchildren attend public school in Ogden, Utah. He says the district has installed litter boxes in the bathrooms. Would that really surprise anyone at this point?

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

EmmaLee wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:52 am
A Disciple wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:37 am
Cruiserdude wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:25 am I think he's specifically referencing the litter box part.

FWIW, our friend's grandchildren attend public school in Ogden, Utah. He says the district has installed litter boxes in the bathrooms. Would that really surprise anyone at this point?
I'm surprised since, if so, they haven't yet made accommodations for the "pups," who don't use litterboxes and should be demanding to defecate and urinate outdoors, like real dogs.

Are we really having this discussion? I'm only here because my five children attend one of the worst schools in King County and this stuff spreads; it seems like traditional, conservative moral and Christian Utah is being used as a testbed for a wider acceptance of this nonsense, and probably under compliance of some really evil higher-ups.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

lol obviously I know furries are real and there's stuff happening at schools. I'm just pointing out that the kitty litter box story is a fake rumour (and a pretty well known one) to discredit conservatives or conservative adjacent who pass it on without a cursory google search. Its red meat for conservatives and I keep seeing them fall for the bait. If you pass on fake stories it just waters down the real ones and discredits them as not knowing what they're talking about, even if they are correct with the larger point that furries are a sign of the times.

A Disciple
captain of 100

Post by A Disciple »

abijah wrote: April 19th, 2024, 12:24 pm
abijah wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:00 am this is actually a fake rumour meant to bait conservatives.

lol obviously I know furries are real and there's stuff happening at schools. I'm just pointing out that the kitty litter box story is a fake rumour (and a pretty well known one) to discredit conservatives or conservative adjacent who pass it on without a cursory google search. Its red meat for conservatives and I keep seeing them fall for the bait. If you pass on fake stories it just waters down the real ones and discredits conservatives as not knowing what they're talking about, even if they're correct with the larger point that furries are a sign of the times.
I'm saying why would anyone assume it was a fake story? The thing about public discourse is if people are allowed to talk about things, the truth rises to the top. However so much discourse in America today is interrupted by censors or "fact checkers" who deny stories that later turn out to be true.

And by the way, what I wrote is " I've heard of the insanity of putting litter boxes in classrooms from multiple sources". That does not mean any of those sources is correct. But this narrative did support the reality that kids are going to school feigning some animal like persona. The litter box angle may simply be the natural processing of the insanity. Once kids think it is OK to pretend to be an animal it is only logical to provide them a litter box.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

A Disciple wrote: April 18th, 2024, 7:16 am
JuneBug12000 wrote: April 18th, 2024, 7:03 am
My niece is at that school.

Kids pretending to be animals.
Do the "furries" bully teachers and other students to respect their "furry" identity? What is the social dynamic?
A friend of mine pulled her kids out of school because of this. The "furries" are allowed to go up to other kids and touch them wherever they wanted, whenever they wanted. They don't even have to dress up at all. They can just say they believe they are an animal, and that identity must be respected. So my friends KINDERGARTNER was complaining that other children were allowed to pet them in their private areas, and teachers couldn't stop it.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

A Disciple wrote: April 19th, 2024, 12:40 pm
abijah wrote: April 19th, 2024, 12:24 pm

lol obviously I know furries are real and there's stuff happening at schools. I'm just pointing out that the kitty litter box story is a fake rumour (and a pretty well known one) to discredit conservatives or conservative adjacent who pass it on without a cursory google search. Its red meat for conservatives and I keep seeing them fall for the bait. If you pass on fake stories it just waters down the real ones and discredits conservatives as not knowing what they're talking about, even if they're correct with the larger point that furries are a sign of the times.
I'm saying why would anyone assume it was a fake story? The thing about public discourse is if people are allowed to talk about things, the truth rises to the top. However so much discourse in America today is interrupted by censors or "fact checkers" who deny stories that later turn out to be true.

And by the way, what I wrote is " I've heard of the insanity of putting litter boxes in classrooms from multiple sources". That does not mean any of those sources is correct. But this narrative did support the reality that kids are going to school feigning some animal like persona. The litter box angle may simply be the natural processing of the insanity. Once kids think it is OK to pretend to be an animal it is only logical to provide them a litter box.
I'm just pointing out that it isn't a mere assumption, this has been an Internet story that many already know is fake, and I'm just pointing that out. Joe Rogan mentioned it on a show years ago and got lambasted for not doing basic research. It's a well known hoax. I am well aware that many "deboonks" from fact checkers are in of themselves nonsense and this isn't one of those cases. Not trying to call you out or anything, just pointing it out

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I wrote an entire thread on this subject and the LDS here:
viewtopic.php?t=66421
Yes, I did! Not just unbelievable but something which manages to be both amusing and creepy at the same time. It also has much deeper implications than it first appears.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

Daily Wire has a good compilation of evidence that the problem is worse than the school district's spin claims:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/students ... Position=3