What does it matter about Isaiah??"?""?

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
The Airbender
captain of 1,000

What does it matter about Isaiah??"?""?

Post by The Airbender »

What does it matter?

GOOOOOOD Himself ushered Isaiah up to the 7th heaven and then told him he would have to come back to his body here. He was then subject to having a wooden saw rubbed up and down his groin until he died. What does it matter?

Is he here? Is here here to tell us why in holy hell God would do that to him?>

So........ what the hell and what the hell.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What does it matter about Isaiah??"?""?

Post by Chip »

God's real servants suffer excruciating deaths, most of the time.

And Christ told us to study the words of Isaiah because they have all things to do with God's people.

Libertas Est Salus
captain of 100

Post by Libertas Est Salus »

Chip wrote: February 4th, 2024, 5:21 pm God's real servants suffer excruciating deaths, most of the time.
I'm so confused. I thought God's real servants were supposed to travel the world being friends with everyone, celebrated like rockstars, and joining hands with gadianton robbers...

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Libertas Est Salus wrote: February 4th, 2024, 5:46 pm
Chip wrote: February 4th, 2024, 5:21 pm God's real servants suffer excruciating deaths, most of the time.
I'm so confused. I thought God's real servants were supposed to travel the world being friends with everyone, celebrated like rockstars, and joining hands with gadianton robbers...

Ah, yes, yes, yes... Through an ongoing restoration of church, the servants are now obliged to occupy the most conspicuous seats at the feasts and collaborate with the Gadiantons on high-level projects intended to kill everyone. It's the strange work. It's all cool. All that stuff in the scriptures amounts to ancient history that can really make a fool of the less aware. Just believe in the church and pay that tithing to do your part. All hands on deck.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

The Airbender wrote: February 4th, 2024, 5:13 pm What does it matter?

GOOOOOOD Himself ushered Isaiah up to the 7th heaven and then told him he would have to come back to his body here. He was then subject to having a wooden saw rubbed up and down his groin until he died. What does it matter?

Jesus commanded us to study the words of Isaiah and so did Moroni. I guess that's why I've studied his words.

As to why he suffered a gruesome death at the hands of his own grandson, I don't know. l also don't understand why God asked Isaiah to spend 3 years without clothes. I know that this was to typify what Israel would soon experience when taken into captivity, I just don't understand why Isaiah had to be humiliated like that. I'm sure God has good and sufficient reasons, but I'm not aware what they were.

However, I assume Isaiah has had a glorious resurrection and I'm very grateful for his writings for they are the words of God.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Atrasado wrote: February 4th, 2024, 6:35 pm

Jesus commanded us to study the words of Isaiah and so did Moroni. I guess that's why I've studied his words.

As to why he suffered a gruesome death at the hands of his own grandson, I don't know. l also don't understand why God asked Isaiah to spend 3 years without clothes. I know that this was to typify what Israel would soon experience when taken into captivity, I just don't understand why Isaiah had to be humiliated like that. I'm sure God has good and sufficient reasons, but I'm not aware what they were.

However, I assume Isaiah has had a glorious resurrection and I'm very grateful for his writings for they are the words of God.

I think this mortal life is about NOT putting our eggs into its basket.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

It seems that the master devil vents his rage upon those he hates the most. JC is whom he hates the most, then next in his line of hatred are His faithfull followers, Isaiah, all of His faithful prophets and witnesses etc.
Most of us he has in the bag so not so much opposition.
But it seems that God allows the devils to rage against some of His faithful ones to test to the limit, to see if they will be faithful unto death, even in the most gruesome of manners.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

ok, Isaiah is great, but I think you should point out esoteric apocraphal teachings when you use them. It sounds like you're trying to quote Isaiah's teachings when this is taken from a questionable scripture. Not claiming it isn't true but it doesn't feel like it is accurate or correct as captured.

I don't accept the eastern philosophy of 7 heavens, etc... so hard to evaluate what the writer actually understood here. What is the source anyway?

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

Unlike Jesus, Isaiah was not subject to the pain of the torture in that moment, but instead saw a vision and prophetcied. In the last days, were he to come back, he would still have to face that pain. More like a gloriously painful resurrection?

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

I didn't connect that it was in fact his own grandson.

Oh forgiveness and to accept that the worst things are the best things.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

TheDuke wrote: February 4th, 2024, 10:33 pm

ok, Isaiah is great, but I think you should point out esoteric apocraphal teachings when you use them. It sounds like you're trying to quote Isaiah's teachings when this is taken from a questionable scripture. Not claiming it isn't true but it doesn't feel like it is accurate or correct as captured.

I don't accept the eastern philosophy of 7 heavens, etc... so hard to evaluate what the writer actually understood here. What is the source anyway?
That comes from an ancient text entitled, "The Ascension of Isaiah."

Duke, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss writings that are not in the LDS cannon. There are many mansions in our Father's house and the description provided by Isaiah does not disagree with Joseph Smith's vision as described in D&C 76. The text suggests that there are three main divisions in heaven and that there are varying degrees within those heavens. I have read the book many times and have purchased my own printed version. Let the Spirit be your guide and not faulty men who try to steer people away from sacred writings to satisfy their own agenda. If you have faith that the Spirit reveals truth as well as error you will enjoy reading other texts and you will quickly be able to sort out the good from the bad. Remember that there are significant errors and omissions in our own cannon of scriptures as well.

Mike

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Isaiah was murdered at the hands of Manasseh who was King Hezekiah's son. Ahaz was Hezekiah's father and not Isaiah.

Mike

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

MikeMaillet wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 8:11 am
TheDuke wrote: February 4th, 2024, 10:33 pm

That comes from an ancient text entitled, "The Ascension of Isaiah."

Duke, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss writings that are not in the LDS cannon. There are many mansions in our Father's house and the description provided by Isaiah does not disagree with Joseph Smith's vision as described in D&C 76. The text suggests that there are three main divisions in heaven and that there are varying degrees within those heavens. I have read the book many times and have purchased my own printed version. Let the Spirit be your guide and not faulty men who try to steer people away from sacred writings to satisfy their own agenda. If you have faith that the Spirit reveals truth as well as error you will enjoy reading other texts and you will quickly be able to sort out the good from the bad. Remember that there are significant errors and omissions in our own cannon of scriptures as well.

Mike
good input Mike, thanks. I don't directly dismiss anything that I read, from any source, ancient or modern. I have even just recently received an interesting truth from a person that I feel is a bit deceived. I guess truth is where you find it. But, If I read something and the spirit says at the time, or in my case often I will be pondering a long while later and it comes to mind that there is truth there. I will revisit, no matter my first impressions. I am often a slow learner. the Lord commanded (well commanded is a strong term, perhaps compelled or pushed or something like when the spirit just keeps at you) 4 to 5 times to read both the KFD and D&C 132 and same for Alaris' blog on MMP before I started seeing the "snippets" of knowledge and truth the Lord wanted me to find.

However, when I read something that is either wrong or just so diluted by historical changes and it doesn't fit what has been revealed, I usually never get the pressure or feeling of the spirit to revisit it.

I accept there are many mansions and I accept that Isaiah had several compelling visions. I just don't get any new feelings or truths in this one set of writings. and I'm NOT saying there isn't truth or implying anything to others, we are all in different places and get different knowledge at different times. But, I have been given much of the view of eternity from the Lord directly, much recently. I feel things that contradict that are not for me.

As far as Isaiah my focus is understanding his prophecies of this mortality, not eternity. I have modern revelations for that Abraham, Moses, D&C, etc... which are much more clear. And to the point (given the OP and all), Nephi didn't quote any of Isaiah about the eternities. He focused on quoting the parts of Isaiah where he and Isaiah had same revelations about Jesus or the messiah, as I read what Nephi is excited about.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Remember when Avraham Gileadi was excommunicated because he kept the commandment of the Lord to search the words of Isaiah?

What happened to him? Was his excommunication reversed? If so, why?

What were his main findings? Could someone list a few bullet points?

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

I learned about Ascension of Isaiah when I told a friend things the Spirit had revealed to me and she thought I was quoting Ascension of Isaiah. This happened multiple times, so I finally read it. It contains much truth about the true order of things.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

JuneBug12000 wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 11:00 am I learned about Ascension of Isaiah when I told a friend things the Spirit had revealed to me and she thought I was quoting Ascension of Isaiah. This happened multiple times, so I finally read it. It contains much truth about the true order of things.
Yes and the book should resound loudly with endowed LDS. The angel God sent down to bring back Isaiah had a name but he would not reveal it to Isaiah; hmmm. When Isaiah ascends through the various heavens, there are two areas where the divisions are greater/different leading to the idea of the three degrees of glory but with subdivisions. The leap from 3rd to 4th was noticeably greater and the division between the 6th and 7th has its own set of rules. We learn much about the Holy Ghost and more about the Saviour's call by His Father to descend to earth and below. We learn much more about crowns of glory and the atonement. We learn about angels who guard the entry to various levels of glory and it goes on and on. So much packed into so few pages.

What irritates me to no end is when I hear stuff like, "yeah but Mike, it's Apocryphal" or "yeah but Mike, if it's not in the Bible blah blah blah." We LDS go on and on about faith the size of a grain of mustard seed, the power of the Priesthood, modern personal revelation and yet cannot muster enough faith to ask God for guidance when studying sacred records? We go on about the power to move mountains and we don't believe that God will answer our earnest requests to discern truth versus error/falsehood? We go on about evil men taking away precious truths from the scriptures but we believe a bunch of suit-wearing mall builders who grimace at the mention of other records and who would rather you spend your dollars at the church store buying the latest copy of some Q15's vanity book. Oh yes, don't forget to pick up a plastic Christus on the way, they're on sale. Can anyone imagine a loving God not wanting to help His children when they begin asking questions about their Saviour?

Sorry about the rant. For those interested, The Ascension of Isaiah is available to read for free here: http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/t ... nsion.html

Mike

Peeps2.0
captain of 100

Post by Peeps2.0 »

MikeMaillet wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 8:14 am Isaiah was murdered at the hands of Manasseh who was King Hezekiah's son. Ahaz was Hezekiah's father and not Isaiah.

Mike
Maybe King Hezekiah married Isaiah's daughter? This info from family search says that was the case:

"Hephzibah bat Isaiah was born about 0734 BC, in Jerusalem, Jerusalem Mutasarrifate, Ottoman Empire as the daughter of Prophet Isaiah ben Amoz and Hulda. She married Hezekiah ben Ahaz 13th King of Judah before 0710 BC. They were the parents of at least 2 sons. She died in 0640 BC, in her hometown, at the age of 95.
Hephzibah bat Isaiah (0734 BC–0640 BC) • FamilySearch
ancestors.familysearch.org › LVSV-SYW
About Featured Snippets"

My phone won't open the link on family search.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

You had me pumped to read it for the first time, but that download didn't work.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Shawn Henry wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:15 pm
I just clicked the link in your reply and it went straight there. The link is good but there may be something blocking you?

Mike

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Shawn Henry wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:15 pm
Shawn, try this link. It is the same translation but contains a lot of extra information regarding the text that I will probably read later. I suggest you approach the book prayerfully and read it before you are influenced by expert's comments.

Mike

https://archive.org/details/cu319240145 ... 8/mode/2up