Hope for silver stackers

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Hope for silver stackers

Post by BeNotDeceived »

HereWeGo wrote: March 5th, 2024, 3:02 pm
… mass reduction in population, however.
2025-2040

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Original_Intent wrote: March 1st, 2024, 3:46 pm
Telavian wrote: March 1st, 2024, 2:00 pm
Fred wrote: March 1st, 2024, 1:28 pm Silver and gold have always been real money. For 5000 years the gold to silver price ratio was 15 to 1. That was based on geology. There is 15 times as much silver in the earth as gold. But with the fraudulent manipulation of the market and Comex selling a hundred times as much silver as they actually have, the ratio has been closer to 100 to one recently. So with gold at $2000 an ounce, (2000 divided by 15) silver should be at $133 an ounce right now. However, according to Kitco, it is a mere $23.18. Sounds like time to buy to me. Of course, I always recommend buying food first as silver is not very palatable.
In a semi functioning economy I can see using silver and gold for some kind of economic trade or investment. However, in the event the economy significantly collapses then I don't see gold and silver as being valuable at all.

1. How can I verify you are giving me real gold or silver? It's not difficult.
2. How much gold does it take for a large ticket trade? The market works these things out.
3. Why would I want something I can't directly use like gold or silver? A store of value. Which the dollar currently acts as, sort of.
4. How to efficiently manage large amounts of gold? I'd be happy to help :)
I have no need for gold. However, I honestly believe that the real currency of tribulation is basic commodities and useful tools. BARTER. If I'm hungry, I don't give arat about a brick of gold. And if you need tools, weapons, or basic survival items, you won't have any need for gold, either. Barter in goods and also in SKILLS. Agriculture, construction, combat, etc.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Silver running strong, breaking above $27. Will it finally move above $30 and stay there in 2024?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

ajax wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 12:11 pm Silver running strong, breaking above $27. Will it finally move above $30 and stay there in 2024?
I've given up guessing. I can still hope, but the manipulation is so thorough, that there is probably a dark cloud behind every silver lining.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Manipulation loses in the long run. It always does :)

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

ajax wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 6:16 pm
I'm trying to ignore it. I am not buying or selling at these prices, and it would have to move quite a bit before I care. Happy to see the past month or so move - if it can keep that momentum for a few months then I'd be interested in taking some long overdue "profits" (not that I would leave it in cash, it might be a good time to top out some preps though)

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Yeah, I'm not selling any physical unless I absolutely have to. I have a few small plays in a handful of mining stocks which give me leverage to the upside (and downside, lol), which has been brutal the last 18 months. However they are starting to turn where the accumulative losses have pretty much been wiped clean in the last 6 weeks. When these turn, the turn fast, and if gold and silver continue this trajectory for a while, could see some nice profits there and will be the first to sell.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

I’m 700 miles from home. A full tank will get me 400 miles. I have 22 silver rounds in my truck so I can buy fuel if I need to get home.

Doubt it will cost I silver round per gallon, but I’m ready in case it does.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

ajax wrote: April 4th, 2024, 8:20 am Yeah, I'm not selling any physical unless I absolutely have to. I have a few small plays in a handful of mining stocks which give me leverage to the upside (and downside, lol), which has been brutal the last 18 months. However they are starting to turn where the accumulative losses have pretty much been wiped clean in the last 6 weeks. When these turn, the turn fast, and if gold and silver continue this trajectory for a while, could see some nice profits there and will be the first to sell.
Anything involving leverage is too risky for me :) Best of luck to you though!

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Original_Intent wrote: April 4th, 2024, 9:37 am
ajax wrote: April 4th, 2024, 8:20 am Yeah, I'm not selling any physical unless I absolutely have to. I have a few small plays in a handful of mining stocks which give me leverage to the upside (and downside, lol), which has been brutal the last 18 months. However they are starting to turn where the accumulative losses have pretty much been wiped clean in the last 6 weeks. When these turn, the turn fast, and if gold and silver continue this trajectory for a while, could see some nice profits there and will be the first to sell.
Anything involving leverage is too risky for me :) Best of luck to you though!
Mining and investing in miners is a topic I got interested in and decided to dive in a bit. I have a couple of safer investments in royalty companies and one producing mining company. I also have a couple of more risky of explorers which is really the speculative portion of what I own. I don't have a whole lot of capital invested, but enough to satisfy and continue my interest in the sector and see how it plays out. Not enough invested where it would bankrupt me if I lost everything. Although the royalty companies and mining company are unlikely to go to zero as they have ownership in real assets, the explorers can definitely go to zero. As someone I follow says, "In this sector, you must be prepared to lose some or all of your capital, so only put in what you can afford to lose". Not for the faint of heart. I've only really dipped my toe in as kind of a burgeoning interest/hobby.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Silver was up in the mid $28 range and currently fighting to hold $28. Quite a tear it has been on the past 6 weeks or so.

Still neither a buyer or a seller at this point. Keeping an eye on it though, a lot of times when the price spikes big time, it is only for a few weeks because everyone sells.

Silver to gold ratio at ~83:1 A long way down before I swap any.

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Silver and gold didn't help Lehi's family much, did it? It did get them an audience with Laban, though.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

logonbump wrote: April 10th, 2024, 10:49 am Silver and gold didn't help Lehi's family much, did it? It did get them an audience with Laban, though.
If I literally have to flee into the wilderness, it will be extremely low on my list of things to take, also.

TBH kind of a random thing to throw out there. In all of scriptural and recorded history, that I know of, one family leaves their gold and silver behind, and that's the standard you think everyone should aspire to? Is there even anything to indicate that it is an example to follow?

I mean, I get it that we are not supposed to set out hearts on the things of the world, but I doubt you would give a second thought to someone that had half a million USD set aside for retirement or hard times...got an axe to grind?

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

logonbump wrote: April 10th, 2024, 10:49 am Silver and gold didn't help Lehi's family much, did it? It did get them an audience with Laban, though.
At a minimum, precious metals are a hedge against inflation. Only idiots buy gold or silver before food. Of course, the very incredibly stupid stash their extra money in a bank. Wise people invest their extra cash in something. Hopefully it does not go down in value or get confiscated by the government. Nothing is easier to buy or sell than precious metals. Every city of any size has one or more coin dealers. Over the long haul precious metals do not go down in price. There was probably an idiot 50 years ago that said he didn't need or want any gold. A mere 10 ounces at $35 an ounce turned into $2000 an ounce. So some people said they simply weren't interested. You can't eat it after all. So they bought a new car and signed up for the perpetual debt of utilities. Their car turned into a hunk of junk. They lost their job because they didn't know how to do anything important. So they signed up for welfare and food stamps. Now they can't afford precious metals so they decide they don't need any. What they need is more food stamps.

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Not silver, but:

Costco selling as much as $200 million in gold bars monthly, Wells Fargo estimates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/09/costco- ... mates.html

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Maybe Putin can reverse the negative effect the USA has had on the world economies.