Forum issues?

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Forum issues?

Post by Original_Intent »

All morning I haven't been able to use the "Latest Posts" feature as it says the website is under a heavy traffic load.

I find this hard to believe as I have been up and on the forum since 4 a.m. Central time - do we really get that much traffic from overseas? Or is the forum having a bit of a glitch?

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Re: Forum issues?

Post by Wolfwoman »

Same problem here. I also got logged out and had to log back in. And everything seems to be running slowly.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Me, too. But now back to normal.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Occasionally I've noticed what seems to be a bot crawling the site at rates that require too much server bandwidth. It seems I was able to block the offender. It's common for search bots like Google to crawl a site, but most of them limit the speed at which they crawl a site.

I am looking into additional security measures to hopefully prevent that in the future.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

creator wrote: March 28th, 2024, 10:23 am Occasionally I've noticed what seems to be a bot crawling the site at rates that require too much server bandwidth. It seems I was able to block the offender. I am looking into additional security measures to hopefully prevent that in the future.
Was it the infamous LDSHQ bot monitoring us??? 😉😁

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

I just got the same “we’re too busy right now, come back later,” message again.

honestseeker12
captain of 50

Post by honestseeker12 »

BigT wrote: March 28th, 2024, 1:13 pm I just got the same “we’re too busy right now, come back later,” message again.
Me, too.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

I've been using the Latest Posts for over 30 minutes. Maybe you need to relocate closer to the server. :D :D :D

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Perhaps honest and I are too fast for the board…