Utah Area Broadcast

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Utah Area Broadcast

Post by Silver Pie »

Did anyone here watch this? (The recording the link goes to is Kevin Pearson, Utah area president.)

I don't know if it was northern Utah, Provo area, or what. I was able to watch about 2 - 2 1/2 minutes of it, which were lies about how the Church is growing, not having any problems, and a quote from Nelson that is a rosy, glowing prophecy of the future of the LDS Church. I gave up after that.

Did anyone watch his talk? The whole conference? If you did, thoughts?

The link: Enhancing the joy of the Sunday Church experience

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Utah Area Broadcast

Post by Silver Pie »

P.S. Now all of you who have said that Nelson has never prophesied anything have been proven wrong. The $64 question is, Did he prophesy something that is really going to happen? (The miracles and all that.)

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Silver Pie wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:16 pm P.S. Now all of you who have said that Nelson has never prophesied anything have been proven wrong. The $64 question is, Did he prophesy something that is really going to happen? (The miracles and all that.)
All generalities. Nothing specific. Kind of embarrassing...

Nelson: "IT'S GOING TO BE WONDERFUL!"

TBM: "OMG HE'S DEFINITELY A PROPHET!"

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:27 pm
Silver Pie wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:16 pm P.S. Now all of you who have said that Nelson has never prophesied anything have been proven wrong. The $64 question is, Did he prophesy something that is really going to happen? (The miracles and all that.)

For those who don't want to go to the link, this is the prophecy:
"In the coming days, we will see the greatest manifestations of the Savior's power that the world has ever seen."

"Between now and the time he returns 'with power and great glory', He will bestow countless privileges, blessings, and miracles on the faithful. . ."

So, greater manifestations of the Savior's power than the world has ever seen, is what it sounds like to me. Even greater than the destruction recorded in the Book of Mormon. That's a correct prophecy, because when he returns, more of the earth will be burnt to a crisp (along with the remaining wicked) than ever before. One point for Nelson.

The second one might also be true, if we're talking about those faithful to God, instead of faithful to some human or organization. Two points for Nelson.

But, I don't think the fulfillment of those words will be what he thought nor what those faithful to his every word believe them to mean.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (63.25 KiB) Viewed 326 times

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

So, to answer my own question, after looking at that prophecy and posting it, I would have to say, yes, but not in the way fervent followers of the man might think.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

The greatest profit of generalities the world has ever seen... :)

PS: This is not a prophecy from RMN. I can cite many prophecies in scripture about our day that are far more specific.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

…well… remember down in Chile when RMN told us to take our vitamins..??

I did… and didn’t get Covid..!! 😂😂

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

I think he's right. Nelson: "IT'S GOING TO BE WONDERFUL!" To watch the church go down in flames.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Mindfields wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:34 pm I think he's right. Nelson: "IT'S GOING TO BE WONDERFUL!" To watch the church go down in flames.
This made me laugh.

jack
captain of 100

Post by jack »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: December 6th, 2023, 3:03 pm The greatest profit of generalities the world has ever seen... :)

PS: This is not a prophecy from RMN. I can cite many prophecies in scripture about our day that are far more specific.
People in the church are always going bonkers over things he says. I’m always thinking that if they read conference talks less and scriptures more they wouldn’t be so impressed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

The scriptures make plain that the promises he made are true, so long as he is talking about the true faithful and not necessarily just the faithful to the LDS church.

Is that a prophecy? Maybe. Was the spirit of prophecy present? I don't know. If he had put a date and time to it it would be more clear. He might just be summarizing what others have said. So maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. But yes, the things you wrote that he said will come to pass. Great promises are in store for the faithful. But so are great sorrows. It's a mixed bag on the horizon.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Silver Pie wrote: December 6th, 2023, 3:00 pm

"In the coming days, we will see the greatest manifestations of the Savior's power that the world has ever seen."

"Between now and the time he returns 'with power and great glory', He will bestow countless privileges, blessings, and miracles on the faithful. . ."

So, greater manifestations of the Savior's power than the world has ever seen, is what it sounds like to me. Even greater than the destruction recorded in the Book of Mormon. That's a correct prophecy, because when he returns, more of the earth will be burnt to a crisp (along with the remaining wicked) than ever before. One point for Nelson.

The second one might also be true, if we're talking about those faithful to God, instead of faithful to some human or organization. Two points for Nelson.

But, I don't think the fulfillment of those words will be what he thought nor what those faithful to his every word believe them to mean.

Untitled.jpg
To be fair...

This isn't really a prophecy. He's just summarizing what he read in the scriptures. Anyone could make statements like these. It's so incredibly vague and ambiguous that it's laughable.

Here, I can make a just as impressive "prophecy":

"Brothers and sisters, in the last days we will see things we would never be able to imagine! Wonders and signs in the sky! The ground will even tremble!.."

Audience: *audible gasps*

"Yes I know?! Right?! Like I totally didn't get any of this from other than what Jesus personally showed me!"

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

So what was this? A training meeting for Ward Councils? Because it happened on a Wednesday?

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Untitled.jpg
They're invoking "Savior" but thinking of their own god and his coming manifestation as the Antichrist. Messaging for the initiated few.

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

What RMN said has always been true and will always be true. He likes to wrap these types of generalities in prophetic language. But to say "between now and the second coming we're going to see some stuff" is Last Days 101. Of course we're going to see some stuff. Stuff like "pride, and... false teachers, and false doctrine" and churches that are corrupted, and lifted up.

Or churches who "rob the poor because of their fine sanctuaries; they rob the poor because of their fine clothing; and they persecute the meek and the poor in heart, because in their pride they are puffed up."

I don't think it's going to be wonderful.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Sorry, but I can't help myself: As I read Nelson's "prophecy," the thing that came dashing into my mind was this:
"When there is an abomination that renders desolate in the Temple, you will also see afflictions. You will see those who claim they are Christ, or they are Christ’s true living prophet– though they are not. You will see signs and wonders, including great building projects and the astonishing ability to speak in every language across the world in a single time, but that will not deceive those who take the Holy Spirit for their guide. They will be able to distinguish between the truth and error. Heaven will be shaken. Angels will gather those who follow Christ rather than trust the arm of flesh, and ultimately Christ will return and the world will be wasted at His coming. Though there will be some fragment, like the days of Noah, there will be those who have been gathered by the angels. Those few will be preserved."
Snuffer, 2012. https://denversnuffer.com/2012/02/zion/

Elijah versus the priests of Baal in 1 Kings 18 comes to mind. Or Moses vs Pharoah's magicians. Everyone can decide for themselves which is which.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

prolly one of president nelson's treasurable dreams come true moments might be outliving through saline injection strategy ...
:arrow:

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

Post by Arm Chair Quarterback »

Untitled.jpg
Let's see: raising the dead, healing the lame and the incurable, turning water to wine, does Parting the Red Sea count?.

And while we're at it, is it fair to say that this introduction was a fearful statement that if you step away you'll miss out on heaven and the coming of christ? And also, that we will not survive the coming collimates unless we stick with the general church leadership.

I'm sure that the leaders of the church, who don't live in the real world, really do believe that things are rosy, and the church is growing. I'm not sure that's an accurate statement. In fact, all the topics in these presentations scream "things are not good" so we need to address why church isn't going so well on Sundays. He's call it casual. I think he may mean that people are losing enthusiasm for something that does not invite the spirit or teach truth.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

president nelson's another endorsing futuristic vision would be ..

"UN Cybercrime Treaty has morphed into an expansive surveillance treaty
BY RHODA WILSON ON DECEMBER 5, 2023
A new draft of the controversial United Nations Cybercrime Treaty has only heightened concerns that the Treaty will criminalise expression and dissent, create extensive surveillance powers and facilitate cross-border repression.

The Cybercrime Treaty that is currently being negotiated by the United Nations has the potential to substantively reshape international criminal law and bolster cross-border police surveillance powers to access and share users’ data, implicating the human rights of billions of people worldwide.

Without a clearly defined scope and sufficient safeguards, the Treaty could endanger human rights – both online and offline – and repressive governments could abuse its provisions to criminalise online free speech. It could also threaten digital rights by legitimising intrusive investigations and unhindered law enforcement access to personal information.

In December 2019, the UN passed a resolution which established an open-ended Ad Hoc Committee tasked with developing a “comprehensive international convention on countering the use of information and communications technologies for criminal purposes.”

Negotiations started in early 2022. The Treaty roadmap had six negotiating sessions, three in Vienna and three in New York. Each meeting addressed different parts of the treaty, including chapters on criminalisation, procedural measures, the role of law enforcement, international cooperation, technical assistance, preventive measures and implementation.

Negotiations have been marked by ongoing disagreements between governments on the Treaty’s scope and on what role, if any, human rights should play in its design and implementation.

Originally aimed at combating cybercrime, the Treaty has morphed into an expansive surveillance treaty, raising the risk of overreach in both national and international investigations. ..
"
https://expose-news.com/2023/12/05/un-c ... ce-treaty/

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: December 6th, 2023, 5:35 pm Here, I can make a just as impressive "prophecy":

"Brothers and sisters, in the last days we will see things we would never be able to imagine! Wonders and signs in the sky! The ground will even tremble!.."

Audience: *audible gasps*

"Yes I know?! Right?! Like I totally didn't get any of this from other than what Jesus personally showed me!"
Good point.

tribrac wrote: December 6th, 2023, 5:42 pm So what was this? A training meeting for Ward Councils? Because it happened on a Wednesday?
I don't know. All I know is that it was shared with an online group I'm part of.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

logonbump wrote: December 6th, 2023, 6:47 pm They're invoking "Savior" but thinking of their own god and his coming manifestation as the Antichrist. Messaging for the initiated few.
Whoa! I didn't think of that. There could be something to this, though I'm not sure that they realize the god they worship is not the true God.

Ebenezer wrote: December 6th, 2023, 7:13 pm What RMN said has always been true and will always be true. He likes to wrap these types of generalities in prophetic language. But to say "between now and the second coming we're going to see some stuff" is Last Days 101. Of course we're going to see some stuff. Stuff like "pride, and... false teachers, and false doctrine" and churches that are corrupted, and lifted up.

Or churches who "rob the poor because of their fine sanctuaries; they rob the poor because of their fine clothing; and they persecute the meek and the poor in heart, because in their pride they are puffed up."

I don't think it's going to be wonderful.
Good point.

I think it's scary right now, and is going to get worse. There will be those armed with the power of God, all over the planet, according to Nephi. But Nephi also said that they are in the minority.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BringerOfJoy wrote: December 6th, 2023, 7:25 pm Sorry, but I can't help myself: As I read Nelson's "prophecy," the thing that came dashing into my mind was this:
"When there is an abomination that renders desolate in the Temple, you will also see afflictions. You will see those who claim they are Christ, or they are Christ’s true living prophet– though they are not. You will see signs and wonders, including great building projects and the astonishing ability to speak in every language across the world in a single time, but that will not deceive those who take the Holy Spirit for their guide. They will be able to distinguish between the truth and error. Heaven will be shaken. Angels will gather those who follow Christ rather than trust the arm of flesh, and ultimately Christ will return and the world will be wasted at His coming. Though there will be some fragment, like the days of Noah, there will be those who have been gathered by the angels. Those few will be preserved."
Snuffer, 2012. https://denversnuffer.com/2012/02/zion/

Elijah versus the priests of Baal in 1 Kings 18 comes to mind. Or Moses vs Pharoah's magicians. Everyone can decide for themselves which is which.
Definitely not a glowing description of how the LDS Church is going to see a lot of really cool, awesome miracles, and that things are going to continue to get better and better for them (which is what I understood Nelson to say before I looked at his words as if they had nothing to do with the LDS corporation.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

sushi_chef wrote: December 6th, 2023, 7:59 pm prolly one of president nelson's treasurable dreams come true moments might be outliving through saline injection strategy ...
I'm sure one of his . . . ahem . . . "treasurable dreams" could be to outlive the last patriarch of the Church, who lived to be 106. Maybe he intends to never die.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: December 6th, 2023, 8:11 pm Let's see: raising the dead, healing the lame and the incurable, turning water to wine, does Parting the Red Sea count?.
True. He'd have to surpass all those things - plus making the sun go back (Joshua, I think it was), moving mountains just by talking to them (brother of Jared), causing prisons to tumble to the earth (Alma and Amulek) just by speaking (no bulldozers allowed).

And while we're at it, is it fair to say that this introduction was a fearful statement that if you step away you'll miss out on heaven and the coming of christ? And also, that we will not survive the coming collimates unless we stick with the general church leadership
I have noticed that they often rule by fear, though the words are often spoken in such a gentle voice.

I'm sure that the leaders of the church, who don't live in the real world, really do believe that things are rosy, and the church is growing. I'm not sure that's an accurate statement. In fact, all the topics in these presentations scream "things are not good" so we need to address why church isn't going so well on Sundays. He's call it casual. I think he may mean that people are losing enthusiasm for something that does not invite the spirit or teach truth.
Damage control, I suppose.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

sushi_chef wrote: December 6th, 2023, 10:27 pm president nelson's another endorsing futuristic vision would be ..

"UN Cybercrime Treaty has morphed into an expansive surveillance treaty
BY RHODA WILSON ON DECEMBER 5, 2023
A new draft of the controversial United Nations Cybercrime Treaty has only heightened concerns that the Treaty will criminalise expression and dissent, create extensive surveillance powers and facilitate cross-border repression.

The Cybercrime Treaty that is currently being negotiated by the United Nations has the potential to substantively reshape international criminal law and bolster cross-border police surveillance powers to access and share users’ data, implicating the human rights of billions of people worldwide.

Without a clearly defined scope and sufficient safeguards, the Treaty could endanger human rights – both online and offline – and repressive governments could abuse its provisions to criminalise online free speech. It could also threaten digital rights by legitimising intrusive investigations and unhindered law enforcement access to personal information.

In December 2019, the UN passed a resolution which established an open-ended Ad Hoc Committee tasked with developing a “comprehensive international convention on countering the use of information and communications technologies for criminal purposes.”

Negotiations started in early 2022. The Treaty roadmap had six negotiating sessions, three in Vienna and three in New York. Each meeting addressed different parts of the treaty, including chapters on criminalisation, procedural measures, the role of law enforcement, international cooperation, technical assistance, preventive measures and implementation.

Negotiations have been marked by ongoing disagreements between governments on the Treaty’s scope and on what role, if any, human rights should play in its design and implementation.

Originally aimed at combating cybercrime, the Treaty has morphed into an expansive surveillance treaty, raising the risk of overreach in both national and international investigations. ..
"
https://expose-news.com/2023/12/05/un-c ... ce-treaty/
Wait. You're saying Nelson is part of this? Or supporting this? If so, that's rather frightening.