Armpit crab outbreak at BYU? (graphic)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Armpit crab outbreak at BYU? (graphic)

Post by Niemand »

There is an urban legend going around that BYU has seen an outbreak of crabs (pubic lice) but that they were in people's oxters/underarms/armpits. I suppose theoretically they could live in there but it's the first time I've heard of this.

Like the "soaking" story one has to ask whether it is a strange but true phenomenon or just one poking fun at BYU's unusual sexual culture, which is often a pharisaical workaround of FP instructions about pre-marital sex.

Logically I don't see how this could be a big outbreak since a) it's not an easy way for these creatures to transfer themselves and b) many women shave their armpit hair and I think many men and women remove all hair below chin level nowadays.

https://news.yahoo.com/twitter-discusse ... 51982.html
“There was an outbreak of armpit crabs at BYU. Sit with me for a moment, and think about how that happened. Have a good day y’all,” the user who spearheaded the conversation coyly tweeted over the weekend
A stand up routine making fun of tthis alleged phenomenon.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRvgkwq5/

Something I find more plausible – gazing parties. Supposedly groups line up in front of each other. The lights go off. Then they take their clothes off. The lights go on briefly. Then off again and the clothes go back on.

https://www.tiktok.com/@scottdhenry/vid ... W1vTT&_r=1

On another note, the soaking phenomenon may go back to the apostle Albert Carrington (1813-1889) who claimed he did not have sex with multiple women because he did not impregnate them.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Armpit crab outbreak at BYU? (graphic)

Post by nightlight »

BYU is wild

I watch this guy interview some BYU students and asked if they had to either take a sip of alcohol or kill a puppy, a lot of them said they would kill a puppy

Psychotic

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

nightlight wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:51 am BYU is wild

I watch this guy interview some BYU students and asked if they had to either take a sip of alcohol or kill a puppy, a lot of them said they would kill a puppy

Psychotic
Well, that's too easy. Make that puppy an anti-racist and or gay puppy and ask the question again and watch them squirm :lol:

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Psychotic
The irony is that they drink and eat minute potions of alcohol everyday in bread, fruit juice etc

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Psychotic
when I attended byu in the 90's, I realized very quickly why they called it "the zoo".
Enough said. I didn't last long.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 2:40 pm when I attended byu in the 90's, I realized very quickly why they called it "the zoo".
Did you find a lot of the students were very immature? i've had that impression of some YSA age Mormons.

I think the mixture of increasingly immature youth plus nutty political ideas at universities is explosive. They're all being set up to fail.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

BYU I has pitting issues...no idea how extensive but certainly well known among health care workers and bishoprics serving there....

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Niemand wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 2:57 pm
FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 2:40 pm when I attended byu in the 90's, I realized very quickly why they called it "the zoo".
Did you find a lot of the students were very immature? i've had that impression of some YSA age Mormons.

I think the mixture of increasingly immature youth plus nutty political ideas at universities is explosive. They're all being set up to fail.
It's difficult to describe without actually experiencing it.
In attempt at critical honesty, the following applied to maybe 80% of the students and faculty.

Entitled. Special. Cult-like. Shallow. Robotic as they walked. Not light spirited.
A kind of "oblivious" attitude to what was real.
Like they all were on some drug that altered their minds.
Moving like a hive mind with the same mannerisms. In lock step. Smiling the same fake smiles.
It was bizarre.
I've talked to others about this since then and the majority didn't notice anything strange at all and these are still TBM's today.

edit to add:

as far as immaturity, I don't think they were any more immature than any other university. Most were completely unable to generate an original thought outside their programmed paradigm.

Bonhoeffer
captain of 100

Post by Bonhoeffer »

Niemand wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 3:39 am There is an urban legend going around that BYU has seen an outbreak of crabs (pubic lice) but that they were in people's oxters/underarms/armpits. I suppose theoretically they could live in there but it's the first time I've heard of this.

Like the "soaking" story one has to ask whether it is a strange but true phenomenon or just one poking fun at BYU's unusual sexual culture, which is often a pharisaical workaround of FP instructions about pre-marital sex.

Logically I don't see how this could be a big outbreak since a) it's not an easy way for these creatures to transfer themselves and b) many women shave their armpit hair and I think many men and women remove all hair below chin level nowadays.

https://news.yahoo.com/twitter-discusse ... 51982.html
“There was an outbreak of armpit crabs at BYU. Sit with me for a moment, and think about how that happened. Have a good day y’all,” the user who spearheaded the conversation coyly tweeted over the weekend
A stand up routine making fun of tthis alleged phenomenon.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRvgkwq5/

Something I find more plausible – gazing parties. Supposedly groups line up in front of each other. The lights go off. Then they take their clothes off. The lights go on briefly. Then off again and the clothes go back on.

https://www.tiktok.com/@scottdhenry/vid ... W1vTT&_r=1

On another note, the soaking phenomenon may go back to the apostle Albert Carrington (1813-1889) who claimed he did not have sex with multiple women because he did not impregnate them.
I know it has been happening at BYU-I. I have family in Idaho Falls and nurses will work in Rexburg to pick up extra shifts and they’ve seen quite a few girls with them. It’s disgusting if you ask me. Horny kids find a way around “the rules” of sex I guess, or so they think.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I agree with Niemand. How is this possible unless it’s just man on man sexual contact? Because at least 99% of women in the US shave their armpits. Can one get lice without having any hair? I’ve never had lice, but I thought you had to have hair for that.

If it is true.
Just stupid.
It’s still sexual contact boys and girls! Are you trying to be like Bill Clinton and claim you’re not having sex? If it’s in the armpit, the anus, “soaking” or oral, it’s still sex!! If you are feeling the man’s naked erect penis and you’re not married, then it’s still breaking the law of chastity! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Bonhoeffer wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 7:56 pm I know it has been happening at BYU-I. I have family in Idaho Falls and nurses will work in Rexburg to pick up extra shifts and they’ve seen quite a few girls with them. It’s disgusting if you ask me. Horny kids find a way around “the rules” of sex I guess, or so they think.
Not many young American women have armpit hair, which I think is a major blow (no pun intended) to this story.

latterdayloco
captain of 100

Post by latterdayloco »

When I was on a mission we had someone come speak to us about programs at BYU. It was very inspiring and I wondered if I should switch from the University of Utah when I got back. I prayed about it and almost immediately got the answer: stay at the U.

It’s been about 12 years and I am very thankful that I listened. At the U, I had no expectation that what was being taught had some divine stamp approval. I wonder if my younger mind would have become confused had I gone to BYU. Lots of my high school friends that went to BYU are now part of the LGBT ally crowd now based on their Facebook posts. Honestly the stories that come out of there are just embarrassing to try to explain to non-members when I am asked about them.

Bonhoeffer
captain of 100

Post by Bonhoeffer »

Niemand wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 2:02 am
Bonhoeffer wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 7:56 pm I know it has been happening at BYU-I. I have family in Idaho Falls and nurses will work in Rexburg to pick up extra shifts and they’ve seen quite a few girls with them. It’s disgusting if you ask me. Horny kids find a way around “the rules” of sex I guess, or so they think.
Not many young American women have armpit hair, which I think is a major blow (no pun intended) to this story.
True, which was why I was so shocked watching European women in the Olympics when I was young. France & East Germany 😝

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

latterdayloco wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 7:45 am When I was on a mission we had someone come speak to us about programs at BYU. It was very inspiring and I wondered if I should switch from the University of Utah when I got back. I prayed about it and almost immediately got the answer: stay at the U.

It’s been about 12 years and I am very thankful that I listened. At the U, I had no expectation that what was being taught had some divine stamp approval. I wonder if my younger mind would have become confused had I gone to BYU. Lots of my high school friends that went to BYU are now part of the LGBT ally crowd now based on their Facebook posts. Honestly the stories that come out of there are just embarrassing to try to explain to non-members when I am asked about them.
Being raised on cult mentality one probably tends to be easier influenced by other illogical herd mentalities like homosexual propaganda.

Years ago, at lds church schools, they allowed some free agency choice within religious class requirements. Eg., I took, “History of Religious Thought” which included students of other faiths. Our professor even let a Muslim student teach about Islam. I’ve heard they no longer allow classes like that to fulfill that requirement.

BYU used to have a sign, “The world is our campus” but I thought it more fitting to be “The campus is our world.” 😁