Christmas Message from Chevrolet

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Christmas Message from Chevrolet

Post by HereWeGo »

Great 5 minute video. Have a handkerchief nearby.

https://htrs-special.s3.us-west-2.amazo ... d-2023.mp4

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Christmas Message from Chevrolet

Post by Niemand »

HereWeGo wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:40 am Great 5 minute video. Have a handkerchief nearby.

Wow! I actually really liked that. Well made and heartfelt.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

HereWeGo wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:40 am Great 5 minute video. Have a handkerchief nearby.

thanks! how can the link be shared?
edit: I found a way :)

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Thanks! Was a tear jerker. And I loved the song, “Sunshine on my shoulders.”

Music is powerful. Once, I played piano in an Alzheimer’s unit of a care center. As I played “How Great Thou Art,” a lady sung along. I didn’t think much of it until later a nurse said that was the 1st time she heard anything from that lady.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Beautiful. Thank you.

A Disciple
captain of 100

Post by A Disciple »

Will share this with my family. Thank you!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

HereWeGo wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:40 amHave a handkerchief nearby.
I assumed you were exaggerating. 😿

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

creator wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 11:00 pm
HereWeGo wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:40 amHave a handkerchief nearby.
I assumed you were exaggerating. 😿
It's nice to see an advert which isn't peddling some kind of political agenda these days. The only two objections I could make is that the family looked pretty well off and they said "Happy Holidays" at the end.

But otherwise a great wee film. Better than most of the junk at the cinema too. I will see Napoleon next week.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't think the Sainsbury's Christmas ad from a few years ago can be bettered.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Robin Hood wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 5:52 am I don't think the Sainsbury's Christmas ad from a few years ago can be bettered.
Do you have a link to it?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 5:52 am I don't think the Sainsbury's Christmas ad from a few years ago can be bettered.
Which one was that?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

This is fantastic but it sort of feels like too little too late. This advertisement is a fond look back on small town/rural white America and corporate America has been complicit on its decay and destruction.

The commercial highlights the charm it was soaked in. Yup…. And it’s been ripped apart. Too bad.

Back then, a man could be on track to provide for a family in his early 20s, community was strong and you could form a healthy enough relationship with a good girl in high school to marry her.

Now? The deck is stacked against being able to provide for a family in your early 20s, community is weak and men and women both turn to dating apps to form connections.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

My husband and I sat and watched this together. When it ended, he took my hand and kissed it and with tears rolling down his face said "Forever-ever" ... I lost it.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

I cried like a baby!

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

BuriedTartaria wrote: December 4th, 2023, 7:35 am This is fantastic but it sort of feels like too little too late. This advertisement is a fond look back on small town/rural white America and corporate America has been complicit on its decay and destruction.

The commercial highlights the charm it was soaked in. Yup…. And it’s been ripped apart. Too bad.

Back then, a man could be on track to provide for a family in his early 20s, community was strong and you could form a healthy enough relationship with a good girl in high school to marry her.

Now? The deck is stacked against being able to provide for a family in your early 20s, community is weak and men and women both turn to dating apps to form connections.
I know we all hate the darkness and grow tired of the fight, but this video is nothing but a victory for the side of truth and light.

pho·to·syn·the·sis
captain of 100

Post by pho·to·syn·the·sis »

This one??? Probably one of my family's favorites.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

pho·to·syn·the·sis wrote: December 4th, 2023, 12:28 pm
That's the one.
Thank you.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: December 4th, 2023, 2:33 pm
That's the one.
Thank you.
The Christmas football game is a legend. It has a very shaky historical foundation and I think it only goes back to one or two dubious accounts. Nice story though.

In one version of the story, the Scots and the Germans could understand each other. This is an exaggerated version of how we share a few words... but broad Scots isn't that close to German.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

That was cool! I've never seen it before.

I did hear a story about both sides singing a Christmas carol (perhaps more than one), but I don't recall the story saying they got out of their trenches and played a ball game.

People hate each other too much. Life would be so much better if people loved each other and stopped being divisive - and if all the warmongers and hate-fosterers were shipped to a different planet.

PaulH
captain of 50

Post by PaulH »

Its rather dusty in here or maybe my allergies are kicking in.

Thanks

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Silver Pie wrote: December 4th, 2023, 6:07 pm [
People hate each other too much. Life would be so much better if people loved each other and stopped being divisive - and if all the warmongers and hate-fosterers were shipped to a different planet.
I think it is more fear than hate. "We must kill them before they kill us or our loved one" Because our individual governments have taught us that our enemies will kill us all.

pho·to·syn·the·sis
captain of 100

Post by pho·to·syn·the·sis »

Momma J wrote: December 5th, 2023, 5:16 am
Silver Pie wrote: December 4th, 2023, 6:07 pm [
I think it is more fear than hate. "We must kill them before they kill us or our loved one" Because our individual governments have taught us that our enemies will kill us all.
Something akin to this: (A movie based around the Christmas truce of 1914, just like the Sainsbury commercial.)

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

The OP touched a lot of us, and brought forth quite the discussion. Thanks for posting.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Momma J wrote: December 5th, 2023, 5:16 am
Silver Pie wrote: December 4th, 2023, 6:07 pm
I think you're right. The root of hate is probably fear.