Natural Instinct - Self Preservation

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

So, we had an interesting episode at the country cottage. A level of evil crept into our little sanctuary, leaving us ill at ease.

We had a delivery from one of the box stores. Normally I pick up our orders but I have not rewired the lights to the trailer and did not want to risk a ticket.

The driver was a middle-aged man with a bunch of face tattoos. Tattoos in general are not a red flag. However gang signs tatted on a person's face tickles the Spidey senses.

Still, we did not feel threatened. The man stepped aside with my husband and discussed the best location to off load. When they returned to where I was pulling weeds, my husband told me that Mrs Lee wanted me to call her.

This is one of our code phrases, in which he is urging me to go inside without alerting other people of the warning. We have decided that we would use various codes and never second guess each other when one is given.

Hense the "Self Preservation" in the title.

I went inside and grabbed a gun (just in case) and waited where I could watch the driver.

Everything went fine... nothing out of the ordinary.

When my husband came in, I asked about him giving me the alert. He said that the driver told him that he had just moved from Dallas. He has multiple open assault charges... one for attempted murder. He had asked my husband's advice on whether or not he should plead guilty. Even with Parkinson's people still gravitate to my husband for advice... It is baffling to me that strangers will tell him secrets in a matter of minutes of conversation.

I am extremely anxious about a delivery person asking questions about when we are home and how many people live with us.

3 hours from Dallas... almost the same from Houston. I used to feel like we were far enough away from this. Now I do not know if any where is far enough away.

So.... do you and your loved ones have any drills, skills, .... natural instincts to help protect you and your loved ones from what might drop by?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Natural Instinct - Self Preservation

Post by JohnnyL »

I had my daughter use them on her mission.

We should use more at home, definitely. Thanks for the reminder!!