Mormon Book Reviews

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Mormon Book Reviews

Post by Christianlee »

Tonight I came across Steven Pynakker’s Mormon Book Review Youtube channel and watched his interview of Jeremy Christensen, author of “ From the Susquehanna to the Tiber: A Memoir of Conversion from Mormonism to the Roman Catholic Church”. Does anyone know anything about Steven Pynakker? He seems to be a Protestant, but has a lot of videos about the LDS Church.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: Mormon Book Reviews

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I know that he's an evangelical encountering the restoration.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

BuriedTartaria wrote: June 6th, 2023, 7:40 pm I know that he's an evangelical encountering the restoration.
He doesn’t seem very interested in becoming Mormon. It seems more like a hobby, but apparently he is trying to earn his way through the Youtube videos. I’ve looked at several of the titles and he seems to try to be objective.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I came across this interview of a Catholic professor who studies Mormon fundamentalism.

https://youtu.be/YjqpX6xhPFU

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

I think Steven's interview with Denver was the best of the Snuffer interviews if you want to understand what makes him tick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSpiEE5rnEg

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Christianlee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 7:10 pm Tonight I came across Steven Pynakker’s Mormon Book Review Youtube channel and watched his interview of Jeremy Christensen, author of “ From the Susquehanna to the Tiber: A Memoir of Conversion from Mormonism to the Roman Catholic Church”. Does anyone know anything about Steven Pynakker? He seems to be a Protestant, but has a lot of videos about the LDS Church.
I've been subscribed to his channel since it started. He's an Evangelical. He seems fair, and is fascinated with all things Mormon. He is also gay.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Robin Hood wrote: June 7th, 2023, 10:57 am
Christianlee wrote: June 6th, 2023, 7:10 pm Tonight I came across Steven Pynakker’s Mormon Book Review Youtube channel and watched his interview of Jeremy Christensen, author of “ From the Susquehanna to the Tiber: A Memoir of Conversion from Mormonism to the Roman Catholic Church”. Does anyone know anything about Steven Pynakker? He seems to be a Protestant, but has a lot of videos about the LDS Church.
I've been subscribed to his channel since it started. He's an Evangelical. He seems fair, and is fascinated with all things Mormon. He is also gay.
Pretty obvious on the latter …

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Mormon Book Reviews and Gospel Tangents do a lot of interesting interviews with people from a variety of Mormon perspectives.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

I deleted this post earlier because I didn't want anyone to think I was recommending this book, or any other book by Manly P. Hall. But then I thought about this in Ephesians 5:11-13 - And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them, so I'm reposting it to make others aware of that America has been known about by Masons, like Joseph Smith, & M.P. Hall because they have had access to info about America in their Masonic libraries for centuries, probably before Columbus set sail. So this must be kept in mind when reading the Book of Mormon. Then the "prophetic" down fall of this country & the 'Church' by secret combinations, like in Ether ch8, is not all that impressive, because it shows that it has all been orchestrated from a very long time ago.

And this is why I didn't want to recommend his books, but then I thought about it--- at least he doesn't try to hide it! He openly boasts about utilizing Lucifer's power.

When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step onwards and upwards he must prove his ability to properly apply (this) energy.”
‘Lost Keys of Freemasonry’ page 48, Manley P Hall 33rd degree.

Righteousness? *cough* *cough*
If good is evil, & evil is good, then yes, he is a teacher of "righteousness." But Isaiah 5:20 sums it up:
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!