Working on the Railroad

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Re: Working on the Railroad

Post by blitzinstripes »

tmac wrote: February 9th, 2023, 5:04 pm If ever there was a thread that was a good place/repository for drama, this seems to be it — the Mormon railroad legacy.
From the moment Brigham struck his first back room deal with the Union Pacific, till the present day it seems. This church has hitched it's plow with some shady horses.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

A Global Faith wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:57 am Well this is background information involving what is recorded in Joseph Smiths written history that happened right after he reappeared having fled Kirtland on horseback on a January night.

When he reappeared he was now in the second half and many had gone and deserted or worse and many of the records were lost though he wanted them kept. He restarted with a history narrated in first person which ended up in the pearl of great price mostly and used to be spoken of much by missionaries because to read how Joseph Smith explains it is that when he found out about a special record being protected by God (the Book of Mormon and possibly extra) was when he was wondering to God in faith one night about another matter. And while in the act of prayer his room starts to seem less dark then half a second later it is startlingly bright then like lighting a personage appears in the air before him shining whiter than might be earthly possible and fear shakes all his bones and back shock runs up his nerves but fear fades when immediately he is told to fear not. A message is relayed in great specificity saying many things some of which include instructions on accessing a set of old and holy records. Many scriptures are also quoted in very detailed wording including some reference to near and impending burning of the proud and the wicked and their branches and many others things were said. Now remember curses end up on the man that trusts in men and their fleshy arms and whose heart is distant from the Lord. He’ll end up like the shrubs in the desert not being able to see far and without way to get a good deal when the good rains come in. Shrubs stuck out dry rooted inhabiting the parched places in the wildernesses on salty ground full of desolation. HOWEVER blessed is the man that trusts and reserves his hope for his maker who is reaching those waiting in time. That man shall be like a tree planted by flowing waters full of life which spreads out its roots by a river unable to barely feel when heat comes into the land and whose branches pull moisture from thick roots to their tips where the leaves will remain green at all times and the tree won’t want neither will it need even in a full cycle of drought. Neither shall it cease from yielding fruit.

I think most people are familiar with many ideas written above but I need to add this into the railroad story just for historical context please do not remove this thank you
The tree sounds cool, and brings to mind me upcoming visit of The Survivor Tree that President Monson spoke about in his general conference address entitled Compassion.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

It's been a while since this thread reared its head, but another recent thread, about the Church's shady dealings in the 1980s caught my attention in this whole context.

Then, yesterday, I happened to be visiting with an acquaintance, who I knew had worked for UP in Omaha, but yesterday he provided a little more information, that I thought was interesting.

He said that he received an MBA from BYU in 1979. He said that UP hired five MBAs from his BYU graduating MBA class that year, and that three of the five (including him) went on to work 30-35 years for UP in Omaha, before ultimately retiring. That kind of information might lead one to conclude that, like the CIA/FBI, historically UP has recruited heavily out of BYU. And, it all makes sense.

Too bad AGF isn't around to shed more light. From what I understand, it is entirely possible that he worked for both the CIA/FBI and UP.

Indy
captain of 100

Post by Indy »

"Too bad AGF isn't around to shed more light. From what I understand, it is entirely possible that he worked for both the CIA/FBI and UP."

I don't think AGF gave the impression that he had worked for the CIA/FBI. Can you explain why you think that?

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Because at this point my acquaintance with, and knowledge and understanding of AGF, although certainly not unlimited, probably goes quite a bit deeper than most people here, including multiple PMs, etc. And, I have become much better acquainted with some of his close personal associates and family members, who have suggested that possibility to me -- that he knew and understood a lot of things that normal people just don't know and/or pick-up on. That is what I am going on.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Soooo I think tmac is right...I'll just say I'm loosely affiliated with some of the people agf referenced and he spilled some tea not widely known...and I don't completely agree with some of his conclusions that he came to on those topics...of course I don't know alot about the up....so I didn't comment on what I do know cuz I did learn some new info that i also was not aware of..... that could be easily researched and was accurate that agf knew about.......but let's just say that there are members of the church involved with alot of influential politicians/corporations/ect. And have made fortunes and have had grave misfortunes as well...as they say no success can compensate for failure in the home......we all know that dirty deals are done dirt cheap...lol....well most of the time and I'm sure we have a legacy of them in our church leadership and prominent members. The wheels of progress have been greased by someone since the beginning. Not apologizing just saying.....

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Bumping this thread since it was mentioned elsewhere and there may be new people who want this info.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

For newbies, start on page two August 25th, 2021, 5:06 pm.

There is a lot of back and forth jibber jabber, but nothing substantial until then.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

The Thread.

I will now keep it open, as I have the other times it was bumped, and continue to refresh it for new posts over the next week or so before closing it again. Nostalgia has always had a strong influence on me.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: December 6th, 2023, 12:38 pm The Thread.

I will now keep it open, as I have the other times it was bumped, and continue to refresh it for new posts over the next week or so before closing it again. Nostalgia has always had a strong influence on me.
Best thread on the forum. It made me laugh a lot back in the day.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Luke wrote: December 6th, 2023, 12:51 pm

Like when AGlobalFaith told someone 'quit harassing me, waman' and then Abijah made a meme of it
Hahahaha😂😂

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Cruiserdude wrote: December 6th, 2023, 1:58 pm

Like when AGlobalFaith told someone 'quit harassing me, waman' and then Abijah made a meme of it
Hahahaha😂😂
Good times.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

I heard a bump. Is everyone okay?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

He’s back

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

endlessQuestions wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:07 pm I heard a bump. Is everyone okay?
Hey, Endless! Just reminiscing

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Hahahaha😂😂
viewtopic.php?p=1173878#p1173878

🤣🤣

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

endlessQuestions wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:07 pm I heard a bump. Is everyone okay?
FYI, this thread got bumped from the discussion about your latest blog post over here: viewtopic.php?t=73363

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:30 pm
I think we need to do more than that. AGF, it’s time to tell the rest of the story, backed up with documents. I am up for a disciplinary council on charges of apostasy on the 20th of this month. I need a better Christmas present to balance things out.

Let’s do this, and see if we can pull out the Jenga block that will allow the wound to drain, so healing can begin.

Come out, come out wherever you are!

endless
Last edited by endlessQuestions on December 7th, 2023, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

endlessQuestions wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:40 pm
I think we need to do more than that. AGF, it’s time to tell the rest of the story, backed up with documents. I am up for a disciplinary council on charges of apostasy on the 20th of this month. I need a better Christmas present to balance things out.

Let’s do this, and see if we can pull out the Jenna block that will allow the wound to drain, so healing can begin.

endless
You could show the council a video of Nelson eating babies and they would excommunicate you for showing them such violent content that is unbecoming of a latter day saint. Sorry to say, but all the documents and evidence in the world isn't going to change their minds.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Luke wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:31 pm

Hahahaha😂😂
viewtopic.php?p=1173878#p1173878

🤣🤣
CLASSIC!! Hope @Abijah sees this and that we had a good laugh revisiting it😁😁
'leave in peace, waman' 😂😂that is soooooo AGF

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:43 pm
endlessQuestions wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:40 pm

Let’s do this, and see if we can pull out the Jenna block that will allow the wound to drain, so healing can begin.

endless
You could show the council a video of Nelson eating babies and they would excommunicate you for showing them such violent content that is unbecoming of a latter day saint. Sorry to say, but all the documents and evidence in the world isn't going to change their minds.
You could show this forum a video of Nelson speaking in October 2023 general conference and this forum would say it’s CGI.

Indy
captain of 100

Post by Indy »

I sure wish he would come Global would come back and finish this story.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Indy wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:55 pm I sure wish he would come Global would come back and finish this story.
That would be great, but only if he told it faster than cold tar and molasses that's been sitting at the south pole for 300 years!

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Silver Pie wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:50 pm
Indy wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:55 pm I sure wish he would come Global would come back and finish this story.
That would be great, but only if he told it faster than cold tar and molasses that's been sitting at the south pole for 300 years!
I wouldn't mind him rambling, but just ramble in one really long post. Give us all the tangents and weird details, but just sit at your computer for two weeks writing it and then post it all at once.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Atrasado wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:53 pm I wouldn't mind him rambling, but just ramble in one really long post. Give us all the tangents and weird details, but just sit at your computer for two weeks writing it and then post it all at once.
That would have been really nice! I wouldn't have given up on reading the thread in that case.