We consider the matter closed...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: We consider the matter closed...

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

silverado wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:22 pm
ransomme wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:07 pm
silverado wrote: June 5th, 2023, 8:40 am

Just because I was talking about one form of dishonesty does not mean I think there are no other ways they could be dishonest with tithing. A 13f form is something you can see, look at, easy to understand how that is wrong. How they should have spent tithing, you cant look at what never was. You cant see the amount of good things that could have been done. The forms are concrete, they show what they really did, rather than what they could/should have done.
That money hasn't been spent, it's been invested. 😜 They still have and control the money.

Do you like America? Were the founding fathers inspired?
I never said the money was spent. I don't see what your last 2 questions have to do with this and I'm done responding, it is a waste of time. Have a nice day.

When it all goes up in smoke... then.. it will be "spent".

Ransomme, it has nothing to do with what we or the founding fathers thought about investing. It only matters what the Lord thinks about all of this. So far, His mouthpieces have assured us that the Lord is very very pleased about it all... but they just didn't have a pen and paper handy to write down what He said when He said it. 😉

"Hey man, are your parents cool about us having a party at your house this weekend?"

"Yeah bro, it's all good. Trust me."

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Oh crap the SEC is here! ok be cool, be cool people

It is that darn whistleblower again. What a snitch!

Look just tell them we weren't planning on using it right now. We are saving it for a rainy day.
Nobody will ever know.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

silverado wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:22 pm
ransomme wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:07 pm
silverado wrote: June 5th, 2023, 8:40 am

Just because I was talking about one form of dishonesty does not mean I think there are no other ways they could be dishonest with tithing. A 13f form is something you can see, look at, easy to understand how that is wrong. How they should have spent tithing, you cant look at what never was. You cant see the amount of good things that could have been done. The forms are concrete, they show what they really did, rather than what they could/should have done.
That money hasn't been spent, it's been invested. 😜 They still have and control the money.

Do you like America? Were the founding fathers inspired?
I never said the money was spent. I don't see what your last 2 questions have to do with this and I'm done responding, it is a waste of time. Have a nice day.
There was a purpose to those questions. And they relate to issues that we are talking about. I think most here recognize the special role the the US has played in the latter days.

I will go out on a limb here and guess that you would answer both of my questions in the affirmative.

America would have never been if the inspired founding fathers never broke the law. And not just any law, but they were outright seditious and treasonous. Yet I still believe that they were in the right. Coincidentally, one of their big beefs was taxes

BTW I am not advocating anarchy. But it is an example that man's laws are not sacrosanct.

Also I said that the Church hasn't "spent" the money because you said, "How they should have spent tithing".

Personally I think that improperly marking a tax form is nothing compared to accounting to God. And that the trust of the tithe prayers was not broken by a tax form.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

The tax code is archaic and slanted to benefit the rich in how it actually works not how it is supposed to work.

The burden that the little people have is greater than what they endured in the Book of Mormon. God is greater than taxes.

But this isn't a tax form as all the shell or dummy corporations were tax exempt. It is a reporting form that shows how much money an investment firm has if they are making transactions in the market. This is done for the safety of other investors and also to make sure they aren't just doing something majorly illegal like selling drugs etc.

The point is as has been stated it wasn't even about paying taxes as the 13 shell corporations were tax exempt but they also didn't even really exist as real companies in the states they said they were in. The forms were all signed in Utah and the people that the church strong armed into signing them were not the presidents or owners of those companies. It was all a big lie and kept getting bigger for 24 years by the highest level of leadership. The guy that talks to God. The church lied and they made other people working for them lie.

Why did they lie? So members didn't see the obvious results of diverting tithing into a huge gigantic pot that was not going to what they said and that they were not hurting for money like they claim. They were worried that if someone was faced with
paying their tithing or eating they might choose not starving.

What is hilarious is that FAIR the apologist group for the church - can't even say pay for food before paying tithing. They are still caught between apologist logic and not throwing the church under the bus by saying that is was a silly statement.

https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/ans ... or_rent%3F

Of course no one is forcing anyone to tithe

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

Read Cs Lewis’s The Last Battle with my kids recently. It really sounds prophetic at such a time as this..
spoilers…a few lazy animals from narnia and a few of their heathen neighbors get together and pretend to believe in their individual nation’s gods and demons, combining them into one fictional character, and frightening everyone else into being their slaves. The Good lion Aslan has returned, they say, and the new revelation is that he is actually the fearful demon-god Tash. And that’s because the demon-god Tash is really the good Aslan. They’re the same: Tashlan. It’s a one world religion, hooray. And they get an ignorant lonely donkey to dress up and look like tashlan from afar. So without much effort, this handful of animals are able to trick everyone else into believing in Tashlan in order to terrify them into doing their own evil bidding as their slaves. The funny part in the end is when the secret combination group finds out Aslan and Tash really did exist after all, and they’re not actually the same. And the good aslan is a little ticked that his followers would do evil in his name, and the evil Tash is pleased to claim them as his own, and devour them.
So much prophecy from a children’s book. I wonder which ones today are the lazy ape’s pretending to believe what they preach to the fearful masses, and which ones are the ignorant donkeys hiding themselves in shame while the arrows start to go into each others backs.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

This reminds me of the 2 YHVH thesis and it also reminds me that many here and in christian circles, use scriptures as a kind of hidden weapon/authority to promote their own personal thinking and views.

They don't have their own authority or reasoning to rely on, so they instead quote out of context a line or two and suddenly they feel justified in perpetuating some really faulty doctrines and ideas. If these people were replaced with other authors, the same would not be true as people would expect a quotation of a human author to make sense in the context of the current topic.

It is one of the more negative sides to state religions like christianity or corporations like LDS/Mormonism.

Edit P.S.

While I don't consider artists and authors like Tolkien and CS Lewis to be prophets, I do think their creative ability was very close to the seer/channeling skills of psi users.
Ado wrote: June 6th, 2023, 1:32 am Read Cs Lewis’s The Last Battle with my kids recently. It really sounds prophetic at such a time as this..
spoilers…a few lazy animals from narnia and a few of their heathen neighbors get together and pretend to believe in their individual nation’s gods and demons, combining them into one fictional character, and frightening everyone else into being their slaves. The Good lion Aslan has returned, they say, and the new revelation is that he is actually the fearful demon-god Tash. And that’s because the demon-god Tash is really the good Aslan. They’re the same: Tashlan. It’s a one world religion, hooray. And they get an ignorant lonely donkey to dress up and look like tashlan from afar. So without much effort, this handful of animals are able to trick everyone else into believing in Tashlan in order to terrify them into doing their own evil bidding as their slaves. The funny part in the end is when the secret combination group finds out Aslan and Tash really did exist after all, and they’re not actually the same. And the good aslan is a little ticked that his followers would do evil in his name, and the evil Tash is pleased to claim them as his own, and devour them.
So much prophecy from a children’s book. I wonder which ones today are the lazy ape’s pretending to believe what they preach to the fearful masses, and which ones are the ignorant donkeys hiding themselves in shame while the arrows start to go into each others backs.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

wrong thread

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Cocaine in the Whitehouse! Who brought it in? Regardless, the investigation will end early next week and they will consider the matter closed.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... ation-bag/

Cover-Up in Plain Sight: Secret Service Investigation Into Bag of Cocaine will “Conclude” Early Next Week Regardless of Whether a Suspect is Identified

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Pardon my naivety, but is it true that general authorities do not have temple recommend interviews? I find that hard to believe.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Dave62 wrote: July 7th, 2023, 1:00 am Pardon my naivety, but is it true that general authorities do not have temple recommend interviews? I find that hard to believe.
It's true for the Q15 at least.

Not even the most stalwart true blue Mormon can come up with a good excuse for this.

"They uh... Have their interview with Jesus in person! Yeah that's it"

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Good & Global wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:26 am The tax code is archaic and slanted to benefit the rich in how it actually works not how it is supposed to work.

The burden that the little people have is greater than what they endured in the Book of Mormon. God is greater than taxes.

But this isn't a tax form as all the shell or dummy corporations were tax exempt. It is a reporting form that shows how much money an investment firm has if they are making transactions in the market. This is done for the safety of other investors and also to make sure they aren't just doing something majorly illegal like selling drugs etc.

The point is as has been stated it wasn't even about paying taxes as the 13 shell corporations were tax exempt but they also didn't even really exist as real companies in the states they said they were in. The forms were all signed in Utah and the people that the church strong armed into signing them were not the presidents or owners of those companies. It was all a big lie and kept getting bigger for 24 years by the highest level of leadership. The guy that talks to God. The church lied and they made other people working for them lie.

Why did they lie? So members didn't see the obvious results of diverting tithing into a huge gigantic pot that was not going to what they said and that they were not hurting for money like they claim. They were worried that if someone was faced with

What is hilarious is that FAIR the apologist group for the church - can't even say pay for food before paying tithing. They are still caught between apologist logic and not throwing the church under the bus by saying that is was a silly statement.

FAIR ?
Enough !!
If faced with choice between eating and tithing
You can talk to your bishop - get help with a better budget - you know, so you don't keep getting stuck in these situations- having to beg for help
( you idiot)

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Good & Global wrote: June 6th, 2023, 12:26 am The tax code is archaic and slanted to benefit the rich in how it actually works not how it is supposed to work.

Glad it was a short clip- whew -
creepy to see let alone hear him -
tithing will keep you in the club
Protect you from burning
Takes faith to "tithe"
Like it takes faith
to NOT be healed

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Why are there still comments on this thread?! They consider the matter closed! What part of closed don't you all understand? 😉

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

CuriousThinker wrote: July 7th, 2023, 9:20 am Why are there still comments on this thread?! They consider the matter closed! What part of closed don't you all understand? 😉
They lack the authority to close it. Look to the divine counsel and the heavens for authority. Not mortals.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Ymarsakar wrote: July 7th, 2023, 9:22 am
CuriousThinker wrote: July 7th, 2023, 9:20 am Why are there still comments on this thread?! They consider the matter closed! What part of closed don't you all understand? 😉
They lack the authority to close it. Look to the divine counsel and the heavens for authority. Not mortals.
I think you missed that the emoji was winking cause I was only joking.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Haha, the Lord will bust it wide open in glorious fashion for all to see. It will be a sight to behold. I hope I'm still around to see it in my mortal body.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

I miss the apologists that would come to this forum and defend the church come hell or high water. Bluth, Atticus, etc. Seems like they're all gone now. I don't blame them, it looks like it's getting tougher by the day to save face for the corporation.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

The "we will help you with a budget and encourage you to get a better education and job skills," of course, falls apart when you have a layoff with savings and food storage and a degree and a 20 year career in engineering and you can't get a job for 9 months, then you get a no skill job that pays half what you earned before at 54 hours a week and you have a large family.

What would the church do?

Already good at budgeting.
Already have an education and a career.

The answer of course is, that will never happen . . .🙄

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I am as serious as a heart attack. It does not matter who is joking here or not
CuriousThinker wrote: July 7th, 2023, 9:28 am
Ymarsakar wrote: July 7th, 2023, 9:22 am
I think you missed that the emoji was winking cause I was only joking.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: July 7th, 2023, 9:29 am Haha, the Lord will bust it wide open in glorious fashion for all to see. It will be a sight to behold. I hope I'm still around to see it in my mortal body.
Indeed:

D&C 88:
108 And then shall the first angel again sound his trump in the ears of all living, and reveal the secret acts of men, and the mighty works of God in the first thousand years.
109 And then shall the second angel sound his trump, and reveal the secret acts of men, and the thoughts and intents of their hearts, and the mighty works of God in the second thousand years—
110 And so on, until the seventh angel shall sound his trump…