How NOT to fake a revelation...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

How NOT to fake a revelation...

Post by The Red Pill »

Fotheringham finds more problems with the infamous section 132. This time it is apparent that it was conceived and created fraudulently. Additional "revelation" was added to fix Brigham's little scriptural problem.

Bonus..ladies make sure to watch the last minute for specific instructions on how to deal with a husband that wants to take on an "additional wife"...

BigT
captain of 100

Re: How NOT to fake a revelation...

Post by BigT »

A typical Rob video. I would watch it again with my wife but she already knows about a lot of the shenanigans and obfuscation; it would just make her mad. 😄

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I rate these things based on their fruits. Does a person get better spiritual status and growth under JOseph Smith and Brigham vs Rob's thesis.

I have seen many who tried to awaken to a higher mission in conspiracy land, by looking for "truths". Some destroyed themselves, others became caricatures of the cia and sought to destroy others as shills. While others were broken by the fear and paranoia of their fellow humans, too naive perhaps.

Only a few survived the tempering stage to reach new heights and kept on going. Many were stalled, at a plateau.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:38 pm I rate these things based on their fruits. Does a person get better spiritual status and growth under JOseph Smith and Brigham vs Rob's thesis.

I have seen many who tried to awaken to a higher mission in conspiracy land, by looking for "truths". Some destroyed themselves, others became caricatures of the cia and sought to destroy others as shills. While others were broken by the fear and paranoia of their fellow humans, too naive perhaps.

Only a few survived the tempering stage to reach new heights and kept on going. Many were stalled, at a plateau.
In my case, the fruits were high when I was “awakening.” Now, not so much. Some need a number of shocks to push them out of the Mormon matrix. I did.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

So is saying you prayed about something and when a company came out with a new product for sale you call it a literal gosend?

Just asking for a friend.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

BigT wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:50 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:38 pm I rate these things based on their fruits. Does a person get better spiritual status and growth under JOseph Smith and Brigham vs Rob's thesis.

In my case, the fruits were high when I was “awakening.” Now, not so much. Some need a number of shocks to push them out of the Mormon matrix. I did.
You have studied this Rob's channel for some time right? I see he started 2 years ago.

While it may have helped you challenge your preconceptions and Mormon upbringings or social consensus, but do you see any recent growth? Is it leading you to something else, that is beneficial to you?

I ask these things because much of what you all post is new to me, although not something I cannot handle. After all, I handled the Apollo landings being fake and 99% of geo science being wrong, before 2019. So waxxines and death doctors trying to depopulate the world, that's old hat news to me.

Compared to that, people getting Brigham and Mormon Joseph wrong, isn't that big a deal. Although it may affect me more personally due to the distance I have to the LDS church corp.

What is stopping you from making the next step, I wonder? Are you comfortable where you are at or anxious about receiving more? All you have to do is ask after all.
Last edited by Ymarsakar on June 5th, 2023, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Good & Global wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:56 pm So is saying you prayed about something and when a company came out with a new product for sale you call it a literal gosend?

Just asking for a friend.
I used various methods to divine whether investing in bitcoin that paid 8.5% interest a year was legit or not. It said that this company was somehow corrupt or going to do a tower fall. And there ain't no break fall.

So I pulled my money out. I looked up Gemini company, they had a similar interest rate for Gemini coins, my methods said this one was okay for now.

And guess what, the company that showed problems to me via the spirit, went bankrupt. ANd I lost all my money in there. All .5 cents. Amazing. So sad, too bad.

And the reason was FTX of course. Gemini's own website was fine, they used a stable coin of their own making, they didn't invest in no FTX.

If none of you have these experiences... perhaps old Joseph looking in a hat to see things makes no sense to you. Makes perfect sense to me. OF course it works. Divining rods, which I don't use, also works for finding things. Like treasures.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:10 pm Compared to that, people getting Brigham and Mormon Joseph wrong, isn't that big a deal. Although it may affect me more personally due to the distance I have to the LDS church corp.

What is stopping you from making the next step, I wonder? Are you comfortable where you are at or anxious about receiving more? All you have to do is ask after all.
One rabbit hole at a time Ymarksakar. Some of us have to walk in these shoes.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Good & Global wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:27 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:10 pm Compared to that, people getting Brigham and Mormon Joseph wrong, isn't that big a deal. Although it may affect me more personally due to the distance I have to the LDS church corp.

One rabbit hole at a time Ymarksakar. Some of us have to walk in these shoes.
FLY

APollo did it ; )

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:10 pm

You have studied this Rob's channel for some time right? I see he started 2 years ago.

While it may have helped you challenge your preconceptions and Mormon upbringings or social consensus, but do you see any recent growth? Is it leading you to something else, that is beneficial to you?

I ask these things because much of what you all post is new to me, although not something I cannot handle. After all, I handled the Apollo landings being fake and 99% of geo science being wrong, before 2019. So waxxines and death doctors trying to depopulate the world, that's old hat news to me.

Compared to that, people getting Brigham and Mormon Joseph wrong, isn't that big a deal. Although it may affect me more personally due to the distance I have to the LDS church corp.

Rob's channel is one of several I watch. As I wrote, these things were useful to help "shock" me awake from, yes, my "preconceptions and Mormon upbringings." That was me.

As to where this is all leading me, I've never felt closer to God or felt so much that he actually listens to me and cares enough to be involved in my life. I feel he changed my heart once, when I was still asleep, and is changing it again. The most beneficial thing to me is really studying the word of God, meaning the scriptures and not the word of the arm of flesh. The fake Apollo landings and vaccines are all just reminders that satan is deceiving the whole world.

God has awakened me for a reason I don't yet understand. It may just be his mercy, or it may be something else. He reminded me this morning that, like Oliver, I'm to look back to see what he has done for me in the past (when I was unaware) so I can have faith he is working for my good for the future. I trust in God.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

BigT wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:02 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:10 pm

Rob's channel is one of several I watch. As I wrote, these things were useful to help "shock" me awake from, yes, my "preconceptions and Mormon upbringings." That was me.

As to where this is all leading me, I've never felt closer to God or felt so much that he actually listens to me and cares enough to be involved in my life. I feel he changed my heart once, when I was still asleep, and is changing it again. The most beneficial thing to me is really studying the word of God, meaning the scriptures and not the word of the arm of flesh. The fake Apollo landings and vaccines are all just reminders that satan is deceiving the whole world.

God has awakened me for a reason I don't yet understand. It may just be his mercy, or it may be something else. He reminded me this morning that, like Oliver, I'm to look back to see what he has done for me in the past (when I was unaware) so I can have faith he is working for my good for the future. I trust in God.
You seem well on your way and progress.

Although I also think you may be being reminded of it because of such incidents like Chosen and other such things going on, where people are prejudging others for being not awake or something. Perhaps people should act as their God acted towards them when they were unawake, instead of doing what people are now doing. Acting like crazy people in the apocalypse that is.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

The easiest way to not fake a revelation is to never say Thus saith the Lord but even that might be too hard.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Good & Global wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:27 pm The easiest way to not fake a revelation is to never say Thus saith the Lord but even that might be too hard.
Better to show what he said and how he said it via exact timing of photographs and earthquakes of unique magnitude.

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

Post by Arm Chair Quarterback »

Joseph Smith's affair with Fanny Alger, recognized by the church in the series of historical white papers on sensitive historical topics, adds credence to the idea that Jospeh may not have been the prophet he claimed to be (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... r?lang=eng). That's one possible motivation for the "Jospeh Never Practiced Polygamy" faction of the debate to tirelessly search for evidence to exonerate the prophet of any wrong doing. Joseph Smith brought together so many theologically brilliant ideas, settled so many theological debates of his day, and introduced so many novel religious ideas, we want him to be the prophet he claimed he was. Can a prophet be an adulterer and still be a prophet? Today probably not, but back in Joseph's day?

Regardless if you think polygamy is a God-ordained practice or an abomination, the doctrine itself wasn't made public, accepted by the church, or recorded in the Doctrine and Covenants until Brigham Young announced section 132 to the world in a special conference in August of 1852. Nearly twenty years after Fanny Alger. And eight years after the death of Joseph Smith.

Joseph Smith was caught by Emma committing adultery in the barn in 1835 in Kirtland which is why the introductory heading of the current section 132 of Doctrine and Covenants suggests that the revelation must have been received prior to that event, otherwise it would have been an act of adultery. The section 132 heading is conjecture. We don't have an accurate date for its receipt. Regardless, the practice of polygamy wasn't accepted by the church publicly until nearly two decades later. At the time of the Fanny Alger affair in Kirkland, Oliver Cowdery was excommunicated for suggesting that Jospeh Smith was an adulterer.

The "Joseph never practiced polygamy" apologists may be correct--Joseph Never participated in polygamy, but it appears he practiced adultery. Often. For Joseph, the practice was a personal fetish and his claims of the divine origin of polygamy became a religious rationalization for his private life. Brigham Young, on the other hand, institutionalized the practice. He brought it out into the open. Tired of living a secret life that no longer was secret, he made polygamy a thing for the whole world to see and for the church to adopt as divine.

If you can get away with institutionalizing a practice and make it a divinely ordained rite for passage into heaven, then for subsequent generations, it becomes a thing. Polygamy started as an excuse for a sexual indiscretion, but eventually turned into an institutionalized practice with all the rites and privileges associated with Christ-like living.

Is it possible that Joseph took advantage of his position to satiate his desires--and, ounce exposed, he began exploring ways to rationalize his libido with revelatory excuses? Brigham Young appears to be more practical in his approach to adultery. Just make polygamy an accepted, divine, Christ-like thing and move on.

What a mess.
Last edited by Arm Chair Quarterback on June 6th, 2023, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:03 am Joseph Smith's affair with Fanny Alger, recognized by the church in the series of historical white papers on sensitive historical topics, adds credence to the idea that Jospeh may not have been the prophet he claimed to be (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... r?lang=eng). That's one possible motivation for the "Jospeh Never Practiced Polygamy" faction of the debate to tirelessly search for evidence to exonerate the prophet of any wrong doing.

Regardless if you think polygamy is a God-ordained practice or an abomination, the doctrine itself wasn't made public, accepted by the church, or recorded in the Doctrine and Covenants until Brigham Young announced section 132 to the world in a special conference in August of 1852. Nearly twenty years after Fanny Alger. And eight years after the death of Joseph Smith.

Joseph Smith was caught by Emma committing adultery in the barn in 1835 in Kirtland which is why the introductory heading of the current section 132 of Doctrine and Covenants suggests that the revelation must have been received prior to that event, otherwise it would have been an act of adultery. The section 132 heading is conjecture. We don't have an accurate date for its receipt. Regardless, the practice of polygamy wasn't accepted by the church publicly until nearly two decades later. At the time of the Fanny Alger affair in Kirkland, Oliver Cowdery was excommunicated for suggesting that Jospeh Smith was an adulterer.

The "Joseph never practiced polygamy" apologists may be correct--Joseph Never participated in polygamy, but it appears he practiced adultery. Often. For Joseph, the practice was a personal fetish and his claims of the divine origin of polygamy became a religious rationalization for his private life. Brigham Young, on the other hand, institutionalized the practice. He brought it out into the open. Tired of living a secret life that no longer was secret, he made polygamy a thing for the whole world to see and for the church to adopt as divine.

If you can get away with institutionalizing a practice and make it a divinely ordained rite for passage into heaven, then for subsequent generations, it becomes a thing. Polygamy started as an excuse for a sexual indiscretion, but eventually turned into an institutionalized practice with all the rites and privileges associated with Christ-like living.

Is it possible that Joseph took advantage of his position to satiate his desires--and, ounce exposed, he began exploring ways to rationalize his libido with revelatory excuses? Brigham Young appears to be more practical in his approach to adultery. Just make polygamy an accepted, divine, Christ-like thing and move on.

What a mess.
Your forum name is appropriate. This post is one of the most arm-chair-quarterbacked, opinion-ladened posts I've ever read. You make several claims regarding Joseph Smith which are simply unproven and unfounded. Have you even read up on these topics? Have you read the transcripts from Emma's 4 interviews, each of which occurred during the 35 years she lived after he was killed? She's the best first-hand witness we have. What you just posted was shameful and disgusting, all from your armchair.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Arm Chair, you remind me of the whole russia russia russia stuff on Donald Trump and also Vladimir.

If we fast forward 200 years into the future, people with good intentions like you, would be looking at the records and saying "look, see Donald did this pee pee thing with a prostitute, he is crazy dirty".

And also they would say, "see Vladimir released a bio weapon and wmd, that is why the world had to fight nuclear armageddon, good thing saint zelensky and saint fauci saved us from his heart attack shots".

It is just more and more satanic sources and hands covering each other with more hands and false testimonies. Humanity cannot pierce the veil in 2022, let alone 1832. What makes you think you haven't been fooled by satans? YOu think they are stupid or something?

What a mess satans have made of your good intentions.

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

LDS Physician wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:13 am
Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:03 am Joseph Smith's affair with Fanny Alger, recognized by the church in the series of historical white papers on sensitive historical topics, adds credence to the idea that Jospeh may not have been the prophet he claimed to be (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... r?lang=eng). That's one possible motivation for the "Jospeh Never Practiced Polygamy" faction of the debate to tirelessly search for evidence to exonerate the prophet of any wrong doing.

What a mess.
Your forum name is appropriate. This post is one of the most arm-chair-quarterbacked, opinion-ladened posts I've ever read. You make several claims regarding Joseph Smith which are simply unproven and unfounded. Have you even read up on these topics? Have you read the transcripts from Emma's 4 interviews, each of which occurred during the 35 years she lived after he was killed? She's the best first-hand witness we have. What you just posted was shameful and disgusting, all from your armchair.
I've never read those four essays you mention. How do I get my hands on them? I would be very interested. Thanks for pointing them out to me. Do you have a link you could share with me? I'm very interested and open to anything you have that could counter my opinion and exonerate Joseph Smith.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:30 am

What a mess.
I've never read those four essays you mention. How do I get my hands on them? I would be very interested. Thanks for pointing them out to me. Do you have a link you could share with me? I'm very interested and open to anything you have that could counter my opinion and exonerate Joseph Smith.
I'd be happy to and will do so ... I'm currently at work and can't. I also apologize if I was too strong above ... I just get ruffled when a dead prophet is accused of horrific acts when the historical record in no way proves those accusations to be true.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

viewtopic.php?p=1391127#p1391127

I also don't like this whole copy pasting the same Armchair line by line across multiple threads. If they want to make an anti thesis regarding Joseph Smith, they should do so in their own thread, like that AI intel network guy from the news sub forum.

It is bad form. It speaks of ulterior motives, obsession/compulsion, and very strong passionate evangelism.

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

LDS Physician wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:40 am

I'd be happy to and will do so ... I'm currently at work and can't. I also apologize if I was too strong above ... I just get ruffled when a dead prophet is accused of horrific acts when the historical record in no way proves those accusations to be true.
PS: I selected that name because I'm no expert. I just sit back and watch, and try to figure things out for myself. The only reason I post is in the hope that my opinions will either be substantiated in some form or they will be contested and proven hopelessly flawed and irrelevant. I'm really that open to either side of things. I am just an arm chair quarterback.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: June 6th, 2023, 9:12 am
LDS Physician wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:40 am

PS: I selected that name because I'm no expert. I just sit back and watch, and try to figure things out for myself. The only reason I post is in the hope that my opinions will either be substantiated in some form or they will be contested and proven hopelessly flawed and irrelevant. I'm really that open to either side of things. I am just an arm chair quarterback.
You are marvelous and I love your attitude: humility and open-mindedness are enviable traits. I'm trying to gain them myself!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

"The only reason I post is in the hope that my opinions will either be substantiated in some form or they will be contested and proven hopelessly flawed and irrelevant."

Is that why you are posting the same copy pasted paragraphs on multiple threads?

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

What a mess.
It breaks my heart to see people judge Joseph Smith...when the factual "evidence" used to do so, would be thrown out of court.

Please watch this short video: "Fanny Alger, Fact or Fiction" and study the timeline mentioned before convicting Joseph.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

This is why I stopped believing human testimonies. They are not trustworthy, especially after the testifier is already dead.

Write only in metal and stone, for all else will be erased or edited...

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Also try reading "Joseph Smith Revealed". Well documented with many photocopies of documents.

https://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Smith-Rev ... _sidesheet