Tell us about yourself...
varnaj42
captain of 100

Re: Used to be a Mormon

Post by varnaj42 »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 15th, 2023, 7:00 pm
varnaj42 wrote: May 11th, 2023, 9:24 pm
FrankOne wrote: May 11th, 2023, 8:49 pm welcome ,
Don't hesitate to chime in on threads, we could use another variable to make sense of things.

I find this site quite hospitable even in the arguments, everyone is mature enough to disagree on one thread and agree on the next.

I find that refreshing. I was a member on another Mormon forum. I'm beginning to wonder if it was for real. It, as so many forums are, was dominated by a handful of posters who were also moderators who were aggressive in their attempts to elevate their opinions above all others. Sensing this I left. A forum should not be the playground for a couple of special people who think they have the right to prevail over others.

I expect more from the typical Mormon.

Well here's hoping some good will result from my involvement here.
Welcome cousin. Sounds like you are similar to me in that sense with internet forums. Except what I do is to close them down. There's been two now.

Before i obtained my current authority and level, I was at fantasy essentials and one of mods put me on a 3 day ban because he said "I needed time to cool off" for disagreeing with him about Lincoln and the War of Northern Aggression. This was a Terry Goodkind fan site at the time.

I got so mad about it that I stopped posting, and only told someone the truth in a pm. When I told him it was the thread about the civil war that got be banned and then I went inactive, he got angry too.

After I obtained my level, I began simply breaking the karma and authorities of these petty wannabe gods. They become strangely stupid and crazy when they start becoming aware of me and what I am. To the point where they stop noticing what they are putting in their private messages and explanations. I simply disclose it to the forum public, and then the collapse began.

I used to have a long memory and held a lot of vendettas. Good thing I've forgotten most of it now... good for mortals that is.
Thanks for opening up. This 81 year old feels the same way. I see forum behavior as a micro version of global human behavior. The average human being is quite unevolved, centered in their emotions and lower, desire, minds. The more advanced soul will have the ability to be more objective especially about themselves. When the two meet a fight will be near unless the senior defuses the situation. This is what you did by withdrawing from posting. Kudos.

I have already met one right here who insists that his opinions outrank mine. No matter what I say he answers from a position of authority designed to elevate his own position over mine (like a parent).

I put this person on my "foe" list but that does not stop him from commenting on my threads. It just means I won't see what he writes. I really do wish we had the ability to "block" a user like so many other forums do. Then, he would see that his opinions were not wanted.

Anytime you want to PM me go ahead. I think we have a lot in common.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

varnaj42 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 7:23 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: May 15th, 2023, 7:00 pm
varnaj42 wrote: May 11th, 2023, 9:24 pm

I find that refreshing. I was a member on another Mormon forum. I'm beginning to wonder if it was for real. It, as so many forums are, was dominated by a handful of posters who were also moderators who were aggressive in their attempts to elevate their opinions above all others. Sensing this I left. A forum should not be the playground for a couple of special people who think they have the right to prevail over others.

I expect more from the typical Mormon.

Well here's hoping some good will result from my involvement here.
Welcome cousin. Sounds like you are similar to me in that sense with internet forums. Except what I do is to close them down. There's been two now.

Before i obtained my current authority and level, I was at fantasy essentials and one of mods put me on a 3 day ban because he said "I needed time to cool off" for disagreeing with him about Lincoln and the War of Northern Aggression. This was a Terry Goodkind fan site at the time.

I got so mad about it that I stopped posting, and only told someone the truth in a pm. When I told him it was the thread about the civil war that got be banned and then I went inactive, he got angry too.

After I obtained my level, I began simply breaking the karma and authorities of these petty wannabe gods. They become strangely stupid and crazy when they start becoming aware of me and what I am. To the point where they stop noticing what they are putting in their private messages and explanations. I simply disclose it to the forum public, and then the collapse began.

I used to have a long memory and held a lot of vendettas. Good thing I've forgotten most of it now... good for mortals that is.
Thanks for opening up. This 81 year old feels the same way. I see forum behavior as a micro version of global human behavior. The average human being is quite unevolved, centered in their emotions and lower, desire, minds. The more advanced soul will have the ability to be more objective especially about themselves. When the two meet a fight will be near unless the senior defuses the situation. This is what you did by withdrawing from posting. Kudos.

I have already met one right here who insists that his opinions outrank mine. No matter what I say he answers from a position of authority designed to elevate his own position over mine (like a parent).

I put this person on my "foe" list but that does not stop him from commenting on my threads. It just means I won't see what he writes. I really do wish we had the ability to "block" a user like so many other forums do. Then, he would see that his opinions were not wanted.

Anytime you want to PM me go ahead. I think we have a lot in common.
Duke asked me not to reply to him directly, and I am honoring that.

Not everyone can withstand the god rays.

There are a number of people here at all kinds of different growth levels. In the beginning, I was quite surprised at how much info they could access, so I adjusted my standards higher up. But of course then I noticed there were others that were not ready for such, and had to adjust lower.

viewtopic.php?t=70819

This is the kind of stuff I tend to write sooner or later.

But people here still think I am "pretending" to communicate in a way that works well in a LDS community... hahah. LIke I am afraid of them or something.

I haven't been afraid of mortals since well before my attainment and elevation.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

TheDuke wrote: May 12th, 2023, 4:15 pm I disagree with the thought that you have to accept all LDS doctrine as mentioned, i.e. history of the world. You can believe anything you like. You may find limits on local people's acceptance, and if something is deemed negative, keep it quiet. Why would you consider it half Mormon? No two Mormons believe the same thing.

I don't see differences in doctrine as an issue, never have. Differences in leadership qualities, etc... maybe, but I've never been one to push a narrative (not since 1983 anyway), and never felt less than those that tote the line.
Well then. We both agree that it's OK to disagree. Your opinions are noted. Thanks for the response.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

Don't hesitate to chime in on threads, we could use another variable to make sense of things.

I find this site quite hospitable even in the arguments, everyone is mature enough to disagree on one thread and agree on the next.
Just wondering. Are you the same Frank One that is on the Liberal Forum?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

varnaj42 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 12:21 pm

I'm not familiar with the term "liberal forum". Is that a sub forum here on ldsFF?

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

FrankOne wrote: May 30th, 2023, 5:15 pm

I'm not familiar with the term "liberal forum". Is that a sub forum here on ldsFF?
https://liberalforum.net/

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

varnaj42 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 5:38 pm

I've not ever visited that site before.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

FrankOne wrote: May 30th, 2023, 6:20 pm
varnaj42 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 5:38 pm

I've not ever visited that site before.
If you do never voice an opinion or you will be attacked mercilessly.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

I found coffee seemed to evolve into the Word of Wisdom as so many other things attached to it by Heber J Grant.

Grant was addicted to many things coffee being one of them. So he took a liking to the temperance movement of his day which he thought also would help the popularity of the church.

Prophets and their popularity seeking. But in any case after his sister fixed him a cup of coffee that was it for the last time. He didn't touch it after that and coffee became firmly entrenched in the Word of Wisdom.

What was once not by way of commandment basically became one and the prequisite for entrance into the temple.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Good & Global wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:31 pm I found coffee seemed to evolve into the Word of Wisdom as so many other things attached to it by Heber J Grant.

Grant was addicted to many things coffee being one of them. So he took a liking to the temperance movement of his day which he thought also would help the popularity of the church.

Prophets and their popularity seeking. But in any case after his sister fixed him a cup of coffee that was it for the last time. He didn't touch it after that and coffee became firmly entrenched in the Word of Wisdom.

What was once not by way of commandment basically became one and the prequisite for entrance into the temple.
if you can't get in the temple then you can't get into heaven. As the rules have changed for temple recommends over the years, heaven complied and adjusted their as well. 8-)

many LDS prophets drank alcohol as well . oh my goodness!

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

varnaj42 wrote: May 11th, 2023, 7:19 pm…Why am I here? I'm curious. Are my beliefs so drastic that they would prevent me once again joining the church?...
Maybe you are being spiritually inspired to revisit Mormonism with a new perspective. Kinda how we go through a 2nd childhood as we watch our kids grow up - helps us make more sense of our childhoods.

I imagine you, me & many others on this forum would have to keep our opinions to ourselves in church. Otherwise, the boat will be rocked, & you know… many feel that boats - especially lds good ship lollipop - should not be rocked on any condition.

Don’t rock my boat - Bob Marley https://youtu.be/6lWT8sK7PBI

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Interesting Tread.

I have a few opinions (this will be a much shorter post, accidentally delete my first completely written post):

Eternal Truths are not 'fluid'. The Truth is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Individuals or People are fluid, they change in understanding and devotion or conviction. It is important to understand that one's experience of truth is what is fluid. Everyone see truths from different vantage points, so it appear to be different to each individual.

Acceptance in one's faith, whether Mormon, Catholic, Evangelical, Adventist, or even Messianic Jews, you can have divergent beliefs as long as you state they are your beliefs and not your faith, and you do not threaten their governmental structure, the accepted order, or their membership. If you do not do those two things, you should be fine, except if they do demand absolute obedience or uniformity from its members, your a member of a cult, and leaving is a good thing.

As for understand the thrust of the Gospel, that generation of men that receives the Gospel anew from called forth servants, that generation never really understands the allegories and parables given them.

Moses and the meanings of the required sacrifices.
Yahshua and the meaning of His parables.
Joseph and the meaning of the ordinances.

By the time a newly appointed generation of men are sent with called forth servants, the intervening generations of men have come to the given understand of the allegories and parables, but then have completely rejected that light, and apostatized from the truth once delivered unto them. We still have one more generation of men with called forth servants to come, and they will be received as warmly as the previous. ;-)

It is not a race to the end (endure unto death), as some preach. We were seeking before this life, and will be seeking long after this life. That is not to belittle the importance of this life. For if you are born once, you will die twice. If you are born twice, you will only die once. But then their are those who are elect, and desire to go further, they shall obtain what is called Eternal Lives.

Shalom my Brother and Sisters

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: July 9th, 2023, 7:50 pm Interesting Tread.

I have a few opinions (this will be a much shorter post, accidentally delete my first completely written post):

Eternal Truths are not 'fluid'. The Truth is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Individuals or People are fluid, they change in understanding and devotion or conviction. It is important to understand that one's experience of truth is what is fluid. Everyone see truths from different vantage points, so it appear to be different to each individual.

Shalom my Brother and Sisters
while I can agree that in principle eternal truths are not fluid. In this life and through out our progression from intelligences to literal offspring of god, they truly are very, very fluid! If you accept LDS definition of "truth' it is the "knowledge of...... " facts and data. It isn't the facts themselves. the facts truly are immutable and non-fluid. but the "knowledge of" or "comprehension of" or "understanding of" or "the ability to apply" the facts does change and is fluid. Hence, truth truly is fluid.. don't confuse truth with facts.

Even in court you tell the truth, which is your best witness. It is the court that determines the facts from all the witnesses. The facts never change but each individual comprehension and understanding of the facts are different. So different truths or the same facts.

AAA
Hi, I'm new.

Post by AAA »

When we (LDS) teach for doctrine the commandments of men, you end up in your particular boat. The Word of Wisdom was given NOT by way of commandment. Like the Jews of old and their hedge, we made it a commandment of men. There isn’t a prophetic suggestion that we won’t make God’s law. Is there any more room on those two tablets of stone? But the Lord said, men should not be commanded in all things. God bless.