The Church has supported Vaccinations for Over 50 Years and This Is What The They Do

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Re: The Church has supported Vaccinations for Over 50 Years and This Is What The They Do

Post by Good & Global »

JohnnyL wrote: June 4th, 2023, 1:01 pm
Severus wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:27 pm
JohnnyL wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 1:34 pm
What was the cause of smallpox? How was it transmitted? How were so many healed?
If you can answer those, you'll know why people don't die from smallpox.
My own theory as to why the native americans succumbed to smallpox like no other is because of their filthy living habits. I can't prove this, and I know how politically incorrect it is, but this is what I think.

I have read some journals of fur trappers from the 1700's who describe native americans as absolutely filthy people. If you could rate levels of personal filthiness, the indian tribes the fur trappers dealth with would have been rated XXX. When Nephi calls them "filthy and loathsome", believe me, he was being a master of understatement.
Even the fur trappers were grossed out by them, so that's pretty bad.

Cleanliness is the first and best defense against disease. Soap and water could even take out covid. There was a story about an elementary school teacher who put a stamp on each of her students hands at the start of the day with an admonition to wash it off by the time they went home, which took several washings. That teacher never had student staying home with a cold, flu, etc. Not one. And she had years with 100% attendance.

You would think that if the government or boss could mandate vaccines, they could just as easily make you get your hand stamped stamped and not let you go home until it was washed off. ha ha. Sounds better than a vaccine mandate. And it works, too.

But devils advocate, I heard two doctors talking at work one day about a seminar they had gone to. Somewhere in this seminar they were told to tell their patients to eat better, lower stress, lose weight, stop all the couch potato beer drinking, have good self care habits, etc, and do more natural things to fix their health problems. These guys were both complaining that if they really started giving out this kind of advice they would lose all their patients. After all, the patients came to get a quick fix magic bullet medical solution along with a lot of sympathetic attention, not be told THEY had to do something...

Those guys just might have had just a little bit of a point there.
Yup. Bed bugs transmitted the disease; the natural doctors found that out, got rid of them, and smallpox stopped being transmitted.

Ha ha, like the stamped hand idea. Hopefully the ink wasn't (too) poisonous...

I asked a doctor why they prescribed antibiotics for colds and flus. They said they had to, or their patients would go to another doctor who would, and stay there.

Western medicine has to be around because people want a quick fix to their problems. It's like paying high interest on a loan that you really feel/ might really need.
I have asked dentists and oral surgeons about this too.

Why do they prescribe antibiotics after a dental procedure or surgery? Especially when in the many decades before 2010s they never did this. A few were very honest with me that most patients do not need it at all but if they don't the patients will complain that they need it so they will have to write it or they will go somewhere else. And so to not lose the business, they just write it for everyone "out of an abundance of caution" In only rare cases, will they develop an infection.

It was more of a placebo effect. People have been programmed to think that if they get a dental procedure done they need x, y, z. We all have been programmed to take too many pills and rely on pharma industry instead of the thing God created and managed to allow the species to live for centuries.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Re: The Church has supported Vaccinations for Over 50 Years and This Is What The They Do

Post by Atrasado »

Obeone wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:45 am
Atrasado wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:25 am Furthermore, speaking in Jehovah's name when He did not command them to speak is a grievous sin. They did this multiple times.
They did not speak in the name of the Lord. That is the problem. We haven't heard "Thus saith the Lord" in over 100 years. That is a problem.

And you are wrong about everything else in this post. They are honorable servants of God, doing their best.
Without getting contentious, no what I said was not wrong. I don't hate the general authorities (although, I do hate what they do), and I don't hate the Church. I love the Church and my heart aches because of what it has become.

If you read the scriptures with the Spirit of Prophesy you will know that what I'm saying is true. D&C 64:38-40, 85, 101:42-61, and 112:24-26 all testify of these things. The Book of Mormon was written for our day. In it Nephi quotes Isaiah when he says,
The Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep. For behold, ye have closed your eyes, and ye have rejected the prophets; and your rulers, and the seers hath he covered because of your iniquity. (2 Nephi 27:5)
We, the Church, rejected the prophets so God took them from us and covered them. Jacob quoted a scripture from Isaiah that is relevant to us. It says,
14 Therefore will the Lord cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush in one day. 15 The ancient, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail. 16 For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed. (2 Nephi 19:14-16)
What does this say? That the people of Israel (and we are of Israel) will have prophets that lie and leaders who do cause us to err, and those who follow them are destroyed.

The Book of Mormon was written for our day according to President Benson so those scriptures are for us. According to the Savior the words of Isaiah are great and "all things that he spake have been and shall be, even according to the words which he spake."

Paul, also wrote about the Church just before the Lord came. He wrote,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
This is why the Church "feels the Spirit" when they are doing wicked things and hearing ungodly men preach to them. It is because we do not have pleasure in the truth so God let's us think what we want to think.

These things are all over the scriptures if you will search them with an honest heart, praying to God that you will not be deceived. That is one way you can know that what I write is the truth. Those who understand God's truth accept and understand all of God's words as written in the scriptures, while those who are deceived cannot receive all of God's words because those words reprove them.
Last edited by Atrasado on June 4th, 2023, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

Atrasado wrote: June 4th, 2023, 3:58 pm What does this say? That the people of Israel (and we are of Israel) will have prophets that lie and leaders who do cause us to err, and those who follow them are destroyed.

The Book of Mormon was written for our day according to President Benson so those scriptures are for us. According to the Savior the words of Isaiah are great and "all things that he spake have been and shall be, even according to the words which he spake."
You are misapplying the scriptures.

If I were the devil, I'd prey upon those who have no Spirit in them, and convince them that every negative scripture applies to true prophets, and every positive scripture applies to false prophets.

This is the trap you stepped in.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Obeone wrote: June 4th, 2023, 4:11 pm
Atrasado wrote: June 4th, 2023, 3:58 pm What does this say? That the people of Israel (and we are of Israel) will have prophets that lie and leaders who do cause us to err, and those who follow them are destroyed.

If I were the devil, I'd prey upon those who have no Spirit in them, and convince them that every negative scripture applies to true prophets, and every positive scripture applies to false prophets.

Your eyes are blind and your ears are deaf to the truth. You cannot receive it because of the precepts of men that were taught to you as doctrine.

However, it may yet be that after much tribulation your heart will soften and the Lord will open your eyes and ears and you will come to an understanding of His true doctrine. But this tribulation will be very intense and your grief at having chosen to be deceived by those wicked men in SLC will be very sore. So I hope you will choose to hearken to God's voice earlier.

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

Atrasado wrote: June 4th, 2023, 4:24 pm Your eyes are blind and your ears are deaf to the truth. You cannot receive it because of the precepts of men that were taught to you as doctrine.

However, it may yet be that after much tribulation your heart will soften and the Lord will open your eyes and ears and you will come to an understanding of His true doctrine. But this tribulation will be very intense and your grief at having chosen to be deceived by those wicked men in SLC will be very sore. So I hope you will choose to hearken to God's voice earlier.
Get ready for my "I told you so" on the other side.

Cheers.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Honest errors? Deaths are honest errors?

17 year old preparing for a mission - most likely got shots as knew required as a missionary
https://www.theblaze.com/news/wyoming-b ... denly-died.

48 Bishop dies suddenly - yep its the new natural causes these days - anything but the literal godsend
https://www.djournal.com/lifestyle/reli ... 815d2.html

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Obeone wrote: June 4th, 2023, 4:11 pm

Here's one way you can tell you have cognitive bias: If you say an argument is wrong, but you cannot explain why. You tell me I'm misapplying the scriptures, but you cannot explain to me how I'm misapplying them. The reason you can't is because I've explained them correctly according to the Spirit of God.

I would suggest that if you read the scriptures I gave you prayerfully once a day each day for a week you will learn that I am not deceived in what I'm telling you.

I have almost no hope that you will do that because it seems you don't believe that we should live according to every word of God (you must believe that God's words somehow decrease in value over time, which belief should now be termed the Haynie Heresy) and it would take an enormous amount of humility to actually try something that an "apostate" like me suggests.

Best wishes!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

madvin wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:27 am Here are a few notable doctors who have sought after, and found, some truth in what diseases are and their causes:
Somewhere I read that blaming disease on germs is like going to the dump and blaming garbage on flies.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

JohnnyL wrote: June 4th, 2023, 1:01 pm Western medicine has to be around because people want a quick fix to their problems. It's like paying high interest on a loan that you really feel/ might really need.
Faith and the Placebo Effect by Lolette Kuby is an excellent book. Her bottom line is that what heals us is what we believe - genuinely in our core self believe - will heal us. It can be medical doctors, herbs, a witch doctor's incantation, faith in God, and so on.

And I wonder if the opposite is true in regards to the Cov. People feared it, so they got it, even though they did all the "right" things (which we know were all the wrong things to do).

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Obeone wrote: June 4th, 2023, 4:33 pm
Atrasado wrote: June 4th, 2023, 4:24 pm Your eyes are blind and your ears are deaf to the truth. You cannot receive it because of the precepts of men that were taught to you as doctrine.

Get ready for my "I told you so" on the other side.

Cheers.
I am ready for all of ya, come at me cousins

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Silver Pie wrote: June 5th, 2023, 4:33 pm
madvin wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:27 am Here are a few notable doctors who have sought after, and found, some truth in what diseases are and their causes:
Somewhere I read that blaming disease on germs is like going to the dump and blaming garbage on flies.
Yes I believe that was Dr Andrew Kaufman

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

This missionary had to come home from his mission due to vaccine induced encephalitis. 😢

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtKxn30sH3L ... I4NDBkZg==