What happens when you ask an apostle what we should do about secret combinations destroying our youth in the church.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Ado
captain of 100

Re: What happens when you ask an apostle what we should do about secret combinations destroying our youth in the church.

Post by Ado »

Pahoran wrote: May 27th, 2023, 8:20 pm Heard a story, third hand, from a friend of my Dads about a fireside with an apostle in Colorado. My Dad's friend said that his daughter was attending and an older man asked Elder Rasband what we should do about the youth. He said that he sees that we are losing the youth because they are facing an enemy that is far worse that the youth understand. And that there is a secret combination that is destroying them and he fears church members do not have any idea the nature of the enemy they are facing. That is the jist of it.

Before I tell you his response I am going to open to the forum and see if anyone can guess how Elder Rasband responded. You are going to love the response and it will be worth the wait.
Funny - I read the title of the thread as "What happens when you ask an APOSTATE what we should do about secret combinations destroying our youth in the church." I'm guessing it's the same answer.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Re: What happens when you ask an apostle what we should do about secret combinations destroying our youth in the church.

Post by MikeMaillet »

Thinker wrote: June 1st, 2023, 11:30 am
MikeMaillet wrote: May 29th, 2023, 11:14 am I believe that the best thing to do once one realizes that the Q15 are the drunkards of Ephraim is to ignore them. Looking for more faults is a waste of time and only feeds one's anger and anger can be one of the most destructive emotions.
True.
I really understand the grief process in basically realizing the church is not what you thought… & that involves anger, among other things. But many of us need to move on. We can still “bear testimony” of what we’ve discovered - but ideally along with spiritual guidance.

AND … ideally, we carefully choose better to fill the void from church leaders. This will take more conscious effort than floating along with the herd.

Eg., Instead of general conference, maybe listen to:
*Biblical series by Jordan Peterson (that’ll keep you busy for several years/general conferences!)
Lectures by or about ideas of:
*Carl Jung
*Sweedenborg
*Inspiring people (Cicero, Joan of Arc, etc)

*Symbolism of Lord of the Rings/Star Wars
*Near Death Experiences
*Mind-body interaction to heal dis-ease (Dr. Bruce Lipton, Hayes, TCM)
*Types of meditation - & practice
*Truth wherever found - in Religions, (Taoism, Buddhism, Islam etc.) & Philosophies, or ways of thinking about reality (epistemology, metaphysics, ethics, logic/math, Language/Linguistics, Esthetics etc.)

But don’t let anyone be worshiped by you as if infallible. Nobody’s perfect, but each has something good to offer. Some offer a lot to help us through our life.
I "bear testimony" on a regular basis of what I've discovered but the majority do not wish to listen and they would rather go on with their everyday lives. Most people simply do not believe that our situation has reached biblical proportions and they fail to appreciate that we will be shortly swept off the promised land. My wife is like that and it can be most discouraging.

I have spent much more time studying scriptures and I now resist the temptation to read most commentaries on the scriptures, relying on the gentle promptings of the Spirit instead. A few months ago I sent my Bishop a letter asking for my name to be removed from the records of the church but the letter found its way back to me a short while ago for failing to be delivered. I may have to deliver the letter personally.

Understanding our current situation is liberating and understanding why we will be punished might make the punishment more bearable but there is no doubt in my mind that war, pestilence and famine will shortly be our lot. This is for failure to take the Book of Mormon seriously and failure to establish Zion wherein we live together with pure hearts and with all substance in common - see 4 Nephi and Isaiah 1.

I believe that the Q15, or Drunkards of Ephraim, should be hammered constantly with embarrassing questions and that we should not let them off the hook. Maybe one of them will wake up, I don't know.

To prevent myself from falling into a deep depression I spend time appreciating the beauty that can be found in our corruptible world. I play guitar and drums and have just bought a copy of a popular Physics text that is used for science and engineering students at the university level. There is much beauty that can be revealed through mathematics. I'm also good with a camera although I have not touched it in about one year because the technology advances have ruined what used to be an enjoyable craft.

I'm 65 years old and a few years ago discovered the joys and pains of cycling. It is the only activity where I can free my mind from thinking about stuff. I'm addicted to speed and will put my legs through quite a bit of pain in order to go just a bit faster. I've learned to recognize the way my body speaks to me so that I know when to push and when to back off a bit. Because I like to ride fast I have no time to reflect on anything else other than the pavement ahead of me and who might be coming from behind. I cannot afford to let my thoughts drift as it might mean hitting a pothole that would damage my bike, damage my body and damage my pride :-)

The fact that the Q15 have become an embarrassment is one thing but the damage they do to real people is quite another. The mall was the thing that woke me up from my slumber and I'm hoping that the "Godsend" will be the catalyst for many to finally look at our 15 PSRs and realize that God's servants have dropped the ball. It should be obvious to all that RMN, a person who demands that I raise my right arm to the square to proclaim his divinity is nothing but a shyster. The Q15 crossed a serious line when they advocated for the needle, a needle that has killed and injured many and will yet continue to harm in the next few years. One of the best doctors on the planet and a Prophet to boot asking Christ's followers to take untested drugs and then calling it a Godsend. Apostles of old would have laid their hands on the head of a person afflicted with the common COVID and would have healed him/her. This is no longer funny and the general LDS membership should either quit en masse or corner the Q15 and demand answers. We are being led by clueless and/or evil people.

One last thing; I enjoy reading and participating in this forum. Most people are polite and are good at expressing their various views. It reminds me of going to Priesthood class in the late 70s where a bunch of old men would often argue points of doctrine and then hug each other on the way out of class. I learned a lot back then from some of these crusty old men with hearts of gold.

As for the Q15 you can either ignore them or challenge them but don't waste too much time looking for more faults with this group. As it is, we have more than enough evidence to make a sound decision regarding the course we should take.

Mike

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

This question asked is almost like a riddle ending up in contest between child and general authority with whoever can be the first to say We consider the matter closed! first.

Aww clean wholesome fun! We only had lame activities like roadshows, gold and green balls and scout camp.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Hogmeister wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:58 am . . . . . Ronald Bernard was the one that finally made me study POTLEOZ. I had been investigating secret Babylon and banking history for some time and often came across references to POTLEOZ and similar sources but due to indoctrination and stigma would never go there until I saw Bernards interview. I sent him a message one day and he came back and asked if he could quote me in the book he was writing. He has since stopped writing the book.

For the record, I have not seen what Bernard has seen but I believe him.
I assume Ronald Bernard is the Dutch banker who outed his experience w/ child-sacrificing bankers, etc. What exactly convinced you that he was telling the truth? And do you have the most recent output from him.

I wonder why he stopped writing his book?

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I am much more optimistic.

Sure some people will need to take the course over again fir they failed graduation. The transhuman timeline will be tough.

But you will only be there if you want to be. I feel like you passed. Unfortunatrly others around you seem lacking but my m9ther is the same. I am just taking her with me via nepotism privileges .

In many ways christ has alleviated the disasters people expect in this apocalyptic times. That shoyld be joyful not depressing.

Your method of interpreting scripture is quite advanced. Those with eyes and ears will see... spiritual gifts will discern the codes.

MikeMaillet wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:00 am
Thinker wrote: June 1st, 2023, 11:30 am
MikeMaillet wrote: May 29th, 2023, 11:14 am I believe that the best thing to do once one realizes that the Q15 are the drunkards of Ephraim is to ignore them. Looking for more faults is a waste of time and only feeds one's anger and anger can be one of the most destructive emotions.
True.
I really understand the grief process in basically realizing the church is not what you thought… & that involves anger, among other things. But many of us need to move on. We can still “bear testimony” of what we’ve discovered - but ideally along with spiritual guidance.

AND … ideally, we carefully choose better to fill the void from church leaders. This will take more conscious effort than floating along with the herd.

*Biblical series by Jordan Peterson (that’ll keep you busy for several years/general conferences!)
*Carl Jung
*Sweedenborg

*Near Death Experiences
*Truth wherever found - in Religions, (Taoism, Buddhism, Islam etc.) & Philosophies, or ways of thinking about reality (epistemology, metaphysics, ethics, logic/math, Language/Linguistics, Esthetics etc.)

But don’t let anyone be worshiped by you as if infallible. Nobody’s perfect, but each has something good to offer. Some offer a lot to help us through our life.
I "bear testimony" on a regular basis of what I've discovered but the majority do not wish to listen and they would rather go on with their everyday lives. Most people simply do not believe that our situation has reached biblical proportions and they fail to appreciate that we will be shortly swept off the promised land. My wife is like that and it can be most discouraging.

I have spent much more time studying scriptures and I now resist the temptation to read most commentaries on the scriptures, relying on the gentle promptings of the Spirit instead. A few months ago I sent my Bishop a letter asking for my name to be removed from the records of the church but the letter found its way back to me a short while ago for failing to be delivered. I may have to deliver the letter personally.

Understanding our current situation is liberating and understanding why we will be punished might make the punishment more bearable but there is no doubt in my mind that war, pestilence and famine will shortly be our lot. This is for failure to take the Book of Mormon seriously and failure to establish Zion wherein we live together with pure hearts and with all substance in common - see 4 Nephi and Isaiah 1.

I believe that the Q15, or Drunkards of Ephraim, should be hammered constantly with embarrassing questions and that we should not let them off the hook. Maybe one of them will wake up, I don't know.

To prevent myself from falling into a deep depression I spend time appreciating the beauty that can be found in our corruptible world. I play guitar and drums and have just bought a copy of a popular Physics text that is used for science and engineering students at the university level. There is much beauty that can be revealed through mathematics. I'm also good with a camera although I have not touched it in about one year because the technology advances have ruined what used to be an enjoyable craft.

I'm 65 years old and a few years ago discovered the joys and pains of cycling. It is the only activity where I can free my mind from thinking about stuff. I'm addicted to speed and will put my legs through quite a bit of pain in order to go just a bit faster. I've learned to recognize the way my body speaks to me so that I know when to push and when to back off a bit. Because I like to ride fast I have no time to reflect on anything else other than the pavement ahead of me and who might be coming from behind. I cannot afford to let my thoughts drift as it might mean hitting a pothole that would damage my bike, damage my body and damage my pride :-)

The fact that the Q15 have become an embarrassment is one thing but the damage they do to real people is quite another. The mall was the thing that woke me up from my slumber and I'm hoping that the "Godsend" will be the catalyst for many to finally look at our 15 PSRs and realize that God's servants have dropped the ball. It should be obvious to all that RMN, a person who demands that I raise my right arm to the square to proclaim his divinity is nothing but a shyster. The Q15 crossed a serious line when they advocated for the needle, a needle that has killed and injured many and will yet continue to harm in the next few years. One of the best doctors on the planet and a Prophet to boot asking Christ's followers to take untested drugs and then calling it a Godsend. Apostles of old would have laid their hands on the head of a person afflicted with the common COVID and would have healed him/her. This is no longer funny and the general LDS membership should either quit en masse or corner the Q15 and demand answers. We are being led by clueless and/or evil people.

One last thing; I enjoy reading and participating in this forum. Most people are polite and are good at expressing their various views. It reminds me of going to Priesthood class in the late 70s where a bunch of old men would often argue points of doctrine and then hug each other on the way out of class. I learned a lot back then from some of these crusty old men with hearts of gold.

As for the Q15 you can either ignore them or challenge them but don't waste too much time looking for more faults with this group. As it is, we have more than enough evidence to make a sound decision regarding the course we should take.

Mike

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Ymarsakar wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 5:46 pm I am much more optimistic.

Sure some people will need to take the course over again fir they failed graduation. The transhuman timeline will be tough.
I don't want to be held behind a grade. I had hard enough time learning how to not tie my shoes in the temple.

That has to be worth at least something.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

You can ask ur god for an advancement at any time now.

Whether u pass or not is up to you
Good & Global wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 5:52 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 5:46 pm I am much more optimistic.

I don't want to be held behind a grade. I had hard enough time learning how to not tie my shoes in the temple.

That has to be worth at least something.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Thinker wrote: June 1st, 2023, 11:30 am True.

*Carl Jung
*Sweedenborg

*Near Death Experiences

Bike riding can definitely be exhilarating! And in a way that it keeps you focused, meditative also.

I agree with a lot you wrote except I believe a lot of the end-time prophecies may be self-fulfilling prophecies designed as such. If you look at biblical canon history & origins, you realize that there’s plenty of corruption. Belief is powerful though. If 1 person can make themselves sick with nocebo effect or better with placebo effect - then what can traditional “the sky is falling” belief by billions do?

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Thinker wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 12:52 pm
Thinker wrote: June 1st, 2023, 11:30 am True.

*Carl Jung
*Sweedenborg

*Near Death Experiences

Bike riding can definitely be exhilarating! And in a way that it keeps you focused, meditative also.

I agree with a lot you wrote except I believe a lot of the end-time prophecies may be self-fulfilling prophecies designed as such. If you look at biblical canon history & origins, you realize that there’s plenty of corruption. Belief is powerful though. If 1 person can make themselves sick with nocebo effect or better with placebo effect - then what can traditional “the sky is falling” belief by billions do?
Maybe you're right but good thoughts are not enough to save us from the mess in which we currently find ourselves. Our Lord expected us to become a peculiar people and accept the Book of Mormon as the covenant for the land upon which we live. We have failed to do this and it is the hand of the Lord that will sweep the land once we have become ripe for destruction. I believe we have arrived at this point. The thing is, the majority of people seem to be oblivious to our precarious situation.

Mike

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

In the days of Noah, they were still ponderizing conference addresses, marrying and posting on instagram pics of the marriages until the flood came.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Hogmeister wrote: May 31st, 2023, 12:30 am
ithink wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:50 pm
Hogmeister wrote: May 30th, 2023, 8:38 am

The mere existence of interest is nowhere close to the ugliest feature in our current system.
Yet it is the most powerful and destructive.

I'm not asking to know, I'm asking to know how much you know.
Only when you have the power to make debt/money for everyone and to centrally manipulate, like a full blown communist, the interest rate for everyone or all the debt at will. That is how you steal the wealth of nations and peoples.
But they don't make it.
You do.
Then they convert it.
It's bad as is, but interest is the method by which the system steals the wealth.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I believe god put truths out in front of us for the last days. BTW including access to the FF. He let the leaders teach fluff and provide breast milk and pre-chewed curriculum (Isaiah's vomit). BUT he provided the truths all over the place and great access to it. We have scriptures (searchable) JS papers, documents of all kinds, and an outpouring of the spirit in these the last days. I feel very, very, very strongly that it is time to "learn how to make yourselves gods" as Joseph said. I mean real, hard, concrete knowledge. Not fluff, not philosophies of men mingled with scripture. There is an outpouring of spirit as the leaders move to mush to work with lower progressed Mormons. but, there is enough breadcrumbs and teachings to let us truly know god, like never, ever before. Personally, I focus on the scriptures, mostly Joseph's later works (PoGP and D&C) and his last few sermons where he was able to teach the fullness of the gospel for the very first time, just before being taken for reasons that only he and god know.

In this manner many (well a couple which is many to me) mysteries of the kingdom have been revealed. I mean after 10,000 to 20,000 hours of study, prayer and meditation, along with tremendous torment and suffering which resulted from the purification process.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

TheDuke wrote: June 4th, 2023, 7:15 pm I believe god put truths out in front of us for the last days. BTW including access to the FF. He let the leaders teach fluff and provide breast milk and pre-chewed curriculum (Isaiah's vomit). BUT he provided the truths all over the place and great access to it. We have scriptures (searchable) JS papers, documents of all kinds, and an outpouring of the spirit in these the last days. I feel very, very, very strongly that it is time to "learn how to make yourselves gods" as Joseph said. I mean real, hard, concrete knowledge. Not fluff, not philosophies of men mingled with scripture. There is an outpouring of spirit as the leaders move to mush to work with lower progressed Mormons. but, there is enough breadcrumbs and teachings to let us truly know god, like never, ever before. Personally, I focus on the scriptures, mostly Joseph's later works (PoGP and D&C) and his last few sermons where he was able to teach the fullness of the gospel for the very first time, just before being taken for reasons that only he and god know.

In this manner many (well a couple which is many to me) mysteries of the kingdom have been revealed. I mean after 10,000 to 20,000 hours of study, prayer and meditation, along with tremendous torment and suffering which resulted from the purification process.
Mormonism is, ironically, the philosophies of men mingled with scripture. Of course, by accusing "them" of that, who would ever thing the Mormons would be doing the same thing, in spades?

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

ithink wrote: June 4th, 2023, 8:18 pm Mormonism is, ironically, the philosophies of men mingled with scripture. Of course, by accusing "them" of that, who would ever thing the Mormons would be doing the same thing, in spades?
True as always. Joshua after Moses, Peter after Jesus, etc... all tried to follow their original leader but in creeped misconceptions. Still buried in the scriptures revealed were the original truths and often some understandings the spirit allows to be picked through for higher laws. That is how it is meant to be. We didn't come to a telestial sphere to be treated like celestial beings; hell we could have stayed home for that! Not the purpose of this life. Which Jesus said is to come to know (comprehend) god through trials, tribulations and in the face of the enemy who is ourselves unknowing (usually) weaknesses and for some even Lucifer.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

MikeMaillet wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 5:07 pm
Thinker wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 12:52 pm Bike riding can definitely be exhilarating! And in a way that it keeps you focused, meditative also.

Maybe you're right but good thoughts are not enough to save us from the mess in which we currently find ourselves. Our Lord expected us to become a peculiar people and accept the Book of Mormon as the covenant for the land upon which we live. We have failed to do this and it is the hand of the Lord that will sweep the land once we have become ripe for destruction. I believe we have arrived at this point. The thing is, the majority of people seem to be oblivious to our precarious situation.
As you implied, we need to be selective in what we invest our focus and energy.

I didn’t mean to suggest that good thoughts could save us from any messes. Faith is active or it isn’t really faith.