Congress already passed this...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Congress already passed this...

Post by markharr »

tdj wrote: May 30th, 2023, 3:35 pm New vehicles now have a device put on them that will allow them to prevent the car from starting if you miss a car payment. It's under the control of the car company from where you bought the vehicle from. There's also talk of making a self driving car drive itself BACK to the carlot in the event of non payment. I wonder if that means if you are driving somewhere and are late for a payment, it can automatically lock you in the car and drive it AND you back to the lot? The thought is both hilarious and terrifying.

I bought a used jeep TJ a few years ago cheap. Previous owner was letting it go because he thought it had major problems but I knew the body and engine were in good shape and the problems were minor things that could be fixed relatively easily and for cheap. One of those things was that intermittently it would not turn over

I replaced the starter and relays, still had the problem. I started tracing the wiring and found it had a box under the dash from one of those buy here pay here lots. A box that could remotely disable the starter if you missed a payment as well as track the car. The box had its own relay that was going bad. I removed the box and it now starts every time

They have had the ability to remotely disable a car since the early 2000s. It just wasn't built in.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

markharr wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:01 pm
tdj wrote: May 30th, 2023, 3:35 pm New vehicles now have a device put on them that will allow them to prevent the car from starting if you miss a car payment. It's under the control of the car company from where you bought the vehicle from. There's also talk of making a self driving car drive itself BACK to the carlot in the event of non payment. I wonder if that means if you are driving somewhere and are late for a payment, it can automatically lock you in the car and drive it AND you back to the lot? The thought is both hilarious and terrifying.

I bought a used jeep TJ a few years ago cheap. Previous owner was letting it go because he thought it had major problems but I knew the body and engine were in good shape and the problems were minor things that could be fixed relatively easily and for cheap. One of those things was that intermittently it would not turn over

I replaced the starter and relays, still had the problem. I started tracing the wiring and found it had a box under the dash from one of those buy here pay here lots. A box that could remotely disable the starter if you missed a payment as well as track the car. The box had its own relay that was going bad. I removed the box and it now starts every time

They have had the ability to remotely disable a car since the early 2000s. It just wasn't built in.
I'm not against a dealer putting them in to protect his investment, but if he doesn't take it out when the vehicle is paid for, he should get the death penalty.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Fred wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:09 pm
markharr wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:01 pm

I'm not against a dealer putting them in to protect his investment, but if he doesn't take it out when the vehicle is paid for, he should get the death penalty.
I agree. I spent money and time that I didn't need to spend

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 30th, 2023, 3:47 pm The CIA already hacks them to do stuff like kill people.
Clinton Internal Association?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wow! 😮
markharr wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:01 pm I bought a used jeep TJ a few years ago cheap. Previous owner was letting it go because he thought it had major problems but I knew the body and engine were in good shape and the problems were minor things that could be fixed relatively easily and for cheap. One of those things was that intermittently it would not turn over

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Wolfwoman wrote: May 30th, 2023, 3:46 pm It is definitely disturbing, but I don’t see why you think the car will crash you, drive you off a cliff, etc. Unless it did it accidentally because these vehicles haven’t been tested enough.
You are doing 75 down the freeway. A semi is right on your butt. The ignition dies. Oops dead human under semi.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

Silver Pie wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:46 pm Wow! 😮
markharr wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:01 pm I bought a used jeep TJ a few years ago cheap. Previous owner was letting it go because he thought it had major problems but I knew the body and engine were in good shape and the problems were minor things that could be fixed relatively easily and for cheap. One of those things was that intermittently it would not turn over

The last new vehicle I bought was a 2005 Toyota Tundra.. I've had no such trouble at all. But... I sympathize 100%. I can tell you without hesitation that I wish I still had my 1949 Plymouth sedan. It never got more than 16mpg but it started and ran every time I wanted it to.

@#$%! a bunch of online crap. I'll have no part of it.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Wolfwoman wrote: May 30th, 2023, 3:46 pm It is definitely disturbing, but I don’t see why you think the car will crash you, drive you off a cliff, etc. Unless it did it accidentally because these vehicles haven’t been tested enough.
In a smart car, like Tesla, not the Smot Cah, AI has to make a decision. You are driving through a winding mountain pass. Vertical mountain on your left and 1000 foot drop off on your right. A disabled school bus with children exiting and wandering around suddenly appear in front of you, Does the computer plow into the children and kill some, or drive off the cliff and kill only you? These decisions should never be left to a machine.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Fred wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:54 pm [

In a smart car, like Tesla, not the Smot Cah, AI has to make a decision. You are driving through a winding mountain pass. Vertical mountain on your left and 1000 foot drop off on your right. A disabled school bus with children exiting and wandering around suddenly appear in front of you, Does the computer plow into the children and kill some, or drive off the cliff and kill only you? These decisions should never be left to a machine.
At the same time, a Tesla cybertruck literally could not be crashed in the crash test. First time I have seen a vehicle that could not crash even when intentionally trying to crash it.

The problem is not the technology itself. It is evil people doing evil things with technology in order to control good people. In a functioning Republic, we would limit what they could legally do with the technology in order to protect individual rights, but we no longer have a functioning republic.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Think about the potential good this technology could have. My grandmother had to stop driving a decade or so before she died due to macular degeneration. Imagine having a car that could drive the elderly or blind on their errands.

Imagine only needing one car for a family. A car that could take Dad to work, return, take kids to school, return, and be there all day if mom needed it, then could pick everyone up at the end of the day

Imagine working on fixing the dishwasher on a Saturday and realizing you forgot a part and sending the car to get it while you keep working.

The tech is amazing. People doing evil things with it is the problem.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Fred wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:54 pm These decisions should never be left to a machine.
Absolutely agree.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

markharr wrote: May 30th, 2023, 5:31 pm Think about the potential good this technology could have. My grandmother had to stop driving a decade or so before she died due to macular degeneration. Imagine having a car that could drive the elderly or blind on their errands.

Imagine only needing one car for a family. A car that could take Dad to work, return, take kids to school, return, and be there all day if mom needed it, then could pick everyone up at the end of the day

Imagine working on fixing the dishwasher on a Saturday and realizing you forgot a part and sending the car to get it while you keep working.

The tech is amazing. People doing evil things with it is the problem.
Watching technology evolve the ways it has has been jaw-droppingly fascinating. When thinking of the future, the average person's imagination only thinks of doing the same things we're doing now, but differently. Cars that are flown instead of driven, holograms instead of screens, wide-range communication only after we already enjoyed wide-range communication... It's a shame so much of it has only blossomed in time for the wicked to misuse it. My wife is blind and it would be a tremendous help to us and our going-on-seven children if I didn't have to be behind the wheel every single time we ever go anywhere, but a combination of legislation and wicked intentions will ensure that that is never a reality before the Lord's return, no matter how capable of it we become.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I don't think we will own any cars at some point in the near future. You won't even be able to buy them or gas or parts for your older cars.

You will own nothing and be happy. Any cars that exist will be services like Uber if you have credits available and are going to approved destinations.

That is if you survive the mass-depopulation. events they keep planning.

They have to get the population down to 200 million to meet Net-zero. That means they are looking to eliminate over 90% of the population.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Fred wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:47 pm
You are doing 75 down the freeway. A semi is right on your butt. The ignition dies. Oops dead human under semi.
Well they’d have to be pretty idiotic to make a car that does that. It would be as bad or worse than having an intoxicated driver on the road. And the public backlash would be huge after a crash like that.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Wolfwoman wrote: May 31st, 2023, 12:22 pm
Well they’d have to be pretty idiotic to make a car that does that. It would be as bad or worse than having an intoxicated driver on the road. And the public backlash would be huge after a crash like that.
That is exactly what all kill switches do.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

What the CIA does is to make the car speed up, no manual control works, and then the brakes are disabled. Then they end up crashing into a tree at 95 miles per hour, is dead, and it is all blamed on user error and an accident.

There's no public backlash. The public takes the news as truth.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Fred wrote: May 31st, 2023, 2:26 pm

That is exactly what all kill switches do.
Have their been any crashes like that with kill switches? I can’t say I know anything about kill switches.

Also you had mentioned the car driving off a cliff.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

The idea is that every vehicle will be autonomous. They won't even have a steering wheel or pedals. They will communicate with each other over a network so there will never be any accidents. Vehicles will be aware of each other as well as the destinations of other vehicles around them so traffic can flow in the most efficient manner.

You would never have these scenarios that you get with human drivers. As an example, if a lane was closed, the vehicles would merge seamlessly like a zipper. You wouldn't have traffic backed up for miles due to human drivers trying to race ahead or refusing to allow other drivers to merge.

In the semi scenario, the semi would also be autonomous and would know in near real time that the vehicle in front of it was stopping or slowing down. Reaction times would be cut to milliseconds. The vehicles wouldn't even be following each other in distances closer than allowed by state law which is a far greater distance than most human drivers do.

Like I said, the technology has incredible potential and would all but eliminate accidents. The problem is it will be abused by governments.

There will come a day where insurance companies will never insure a human driver because humans breaking the law or driving in an unsafe manner are the cause of most accidents. The day will soon come where new vehicles won't even have the means for a human to operate it. States will simply stop licensing human drivers. Insurance companies will not insure them. The only place a human will be allowed to manually operate a vehicle will be on a track or private property if that will even exist anymore.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Fred wrote: May 30th, 2023, 11:30 am
markharr wrote: May 29th, 2023, 3:28 pm Come on guys. You know how they work.

The day will come where you will not be able to buy insurance for your older non-autonomous car.

They have been planning this takeover for a long time.
Of course mandatory insurance is pure satanism. If you are afraid that I will damage your $100k sports car, insure it against uninsured motorist. It is unconstitutional and pure evil to require ME to pay for YOUR car. My insurance should be for my vehicle, not yours. If my truck gets totaled, I will just buy another one. I have zero need for auto insurance. One has to hate God and freedom to believe in mandatory insurance.
I not only hate the mandatory insurance, but all the other fees and crap that goes along with buying a car. I wish we could go back to the old days when you could just buy a vehicle and drive it. Even requiring a license doesn't prevent people who don't know how to drive from doing it.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

tdj wrote: June 1st, 2023, 8:21 pm
markharr wrote: May 29th, 2023, 3:28 pm Come on guys. You know how they work.

The day will come where you will not be able to buy insurance for your older non-autonomous car.

They have been planning this takeover for a long time.
Of course mandatory insurance is pure satanism. If you are afraid that I will damage your $100k sports car, insure it against uninsured motorist. It is unconstitutional and pure evil to require ME to pay for YOUR car. My insurance should be for my vehicle, not yours. If my truck gets totaled, I will just buy another one. I have zero need for auto insurance. One has to hate God and freedom to believe in mandatory insurance.
I not only hate the mandatory insurance, but all the other fees and crap that goes along with buying a car. I wish we could go back to the old days when you could just buy a vehicle and drive it. Even requiring a license doesn't prevent people who don't know how to drive from doing it.
Freedom lasts as long as you stand up for it. Freedom died a long time ago. It will take a lot of blood to get it back.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Fred wrote: June 1st, 2023, 8:56 pm
tdj wrote: June 1st, 2023, 8:21 pm

Freedom lasts as long as you stand up for it. Freedom died a long time ago. It will take a lot of blood to get it back.
Mostly it will take a lot of manhood in this country, which we ain't got