Should a kidnapper live?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Should a kidnapper live?

Post by Fred »

If you are on a bus and the driver refuses to let you off at your stop, you are legally kidnapped. So when a kidnapped person shoots the kidnapper, what is the big deal? All he had to do to not be a kidnapper is let the guy off the bus. The kidnapper draws his own gun. Both are injured. The kidnapper was fired, but not arrested.

https://conservativeamericatoday.com/di ... -shootout/

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Should a kidnapper live?

Post by markharr »

Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 4:41 pm If you are on a bus and the driver refuses to let you off at your stop, you are legally kidnapped. So when a kidnapped person shoots the kidnapper, what is the big deal? All he had to do to not be a kidnapper is let the guy off the bus. The kidnapper draws his own gun. Both are injured. The kidnapper was fired, but not arrested.

I don't carry because I have a short fuse and do not trust myself.

I 100% support and believe in 2A. I support open carry. I choose not to carry because I do not trust myself.

It may cost me my life some day but it will be on them on judgement day and not me.

DivineSpark
captain of 50

Post by DivineSpark »

Being a survivor and rescued from childhood kidnapping, my opinion is no, kidnappers should always receive capital punishment.

Severus
captain of 100

Post by Severus »

DivineSpark wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 10:10 pm Being a survivor and rescued from childhood kidnapping, my opinion is no, kidnappers should always receive capital punishment.
Many many years ago, in a state I lived in, this actually happened.

There was a rash of kidnappings. As in every week you heard of another kidnapping. Some kids were recovered. Some weren't. And I think the constant news coverage made more people want to try it. I mean, it was fast and easy money for the kidnapper.

Then the state passed a law making kidnapping a capital offense.

Needless to say, the kidnapping spree totally stopped.

Severus
captain of 100

Post by Severus »

DivineSpark wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 10:10 pm Being a survivor and rescued from childhood kidnapping, my opinion is no, kidnappers should always receive capital punishment.
How horrible. I'm sorry to hear this.

Yeliab
captain of 100

Post by Yeliab »

No the Kidnapper should not be terminated unless they harm physically or mentally the victim. Then, upon conviction, the kidnapper should be sentenced to 147 years in the electric chair with a there being a reminder switch flipping once per hour. Each flip of the switch should remain in the ON position for 1 minute for every year the victim is old plus 1 minute for every hour the victim is held.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Holy Cat!!! This is one of those 'only in America' stories.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 4:41 pm If you are on a bus and the driver refuses to let you off at your stop, you are legally kidnapped.
Not really the same as a masked gunmen abducting you.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I trust myself and god trusts me.
markharr wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 5:35 pm
Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 4:41 pm If you are on a bus and the driver refuses to let you off at your stop, you are legally kidnapped. So when a kidnapped person shoots the kidnapper, what is the big deal? All he had to do to not be a kidnapper is let the guy off the bus. The kidnapper draws his own gun. Both are injured. The kidnapper was fired, but not arrested.

I don't carry because I have a short fuse and do not trust myself.

I 100% support and believe in 2A. I support open carry. I choose not to carry because I do not trust myself.

It may cost me my life some day but it will be on them on judgement day and not me.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Niemand wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 4:16 am
Fred wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 4:41 pm If you are on a bus and the driver refuses to let you off at your stop, you are legally kidnapped.
All he had to do was stop the bus. When he didn't, he was a vicious kidnapper.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Fred wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 3:29 pm
Niemand wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 4:16 am
All he had to do was stop the bus. When he didn't, he was a vicious kidnapper.
It's happened to me before. It's hardly the same level of threat. On one occasion, when there was a road diversion and I was running late, I had to pull open an emergency door. Not recommended.

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

Kidnapping children I would think would be more traumatic than a person not stopping the bus.

Unfortunately, capital punishment is the only thing stopping some sick folks from indulging in their disease.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Kiev is kidnaping children and nato americans fund it.

Might want to do something before the divine courts apply a penalty.